Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > New BioWare Franchise Reveal Next Month
34. Re: New BioWare Franchise Reveal Next Month Nov 8, 2011, 15:21 WyldKat

I NEVER thought the Final Fantasy games should be called RPGs.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New BioWare Franchise Reveal Next Month
13. Re: New BioWare Franchise Reveal Next Month Nov 8, 2011, 02:25 WyldKat

Rageout 3: Borderlands  

News Comments > More Fallout Online Legal News
11. Re: More Fallout Online Legal News Nov 8, 2011, 02:14 WyldKat

Yep. SOE and Bioware didn't pay anywhere NEAR $50 million COMBINED for the Star Wars IP for their respective MMOs either.  

News Comments > Titan Senior Designer Laid Off?
8. Re: Titan Senior Designer Laid Off? Nov 8, 2011, 00:51 WyldKat

So basically... the man responsible for designing some of the most memorable and challenging encounters and locations in MMO history has been sacked on a casual MMOG. Pretty much tells me this game is going to cater to the most clueless of the casuals, far moreso than where WoW has been heading for the past few years.  

News Comments > More Fallout Online Legal News
9. Re: More Fallout Online Legal News Nov 8, 2011, 00:43 WyldKat

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 23:36:
I can't imagine why anyone would be on his side here.

Because the internet is never short of idiots who blindly rally behind a company out of nostalgia when it's that company in name only.

Dev wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 00:03:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 22:55:
The deal said they had to have $30 million by 2 years ago. So it doesn't matter if they have an investor NOW or not, just if they had one THEN.

I doubt they had one at all now or then. Easy enough to read the financials, I don't recall them saying they had $30 million in funding at anytime in the past few years.

Precisely. If anything, it's Interplay's bad faith they've been stringing Bethesda along this long and not adhering to the terms of the contract.

News Comments > PETA Germany Raps BF3
12. Re: PETA Germany Raps BF3 Nov 7, 2011, 16:05 WyldKat

If they're up in arms over a rat kill in BF3 they're REALLY not gonna like Skyrim.

You know what we should do? In Skyrim we kill deers, wolves, bears, etc in the weirdest and most creative ways and email the videos/screenshots to PETA's headquarters.

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Details; Trailer; Novel Preview
8. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Details; Trailer; Novel Preview Nov 5, 2011, 18:07 WyldKat

Acleacius wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 17:15:
WyldKat wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 16:58:
The gameplay is really that stiff......Bioware can do a good story but they don't have the faintest idea of how to make the gameplay actually fun in a hotkey MMO.
True, when replaying their older titles like Jade Empire I'm there for the story and acting, not the gameplay.

It will be strange to be playing a mmog for the story and acting, not the gameplay. Confused If I ever try it, I'll be booting up on an isolated hard drive, virgin OS and new email (rarely if ever, checked) to avoid origin issues. Heard others were going to try to Sandbox origin, hope it works.

That's why I highly doubt this project will last more than a couple years. Sure you can play each class and see its story but without compelling gameplay it won't hold the interest of most of its players. Especially those who have come from MMOs that have highly polished gameplay like WoW, Rift, or the upcoming GW2.

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Details; Trailer; Novel Preview
6. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Details; Trailer; Novel Preview Nov 5, 2011, 16:58 WyldKat

Acleacius wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 14:41:
Damn, that's some extremely stiff gameplay, can't tell if it's more lack of physics or animations.

They are still pushing Preorders, wth happened to their whole limited release sales scheme, to prevent a bad launch?

Now they are pushing Revan into this nightmare, Sigh

The gameplay is really that stiff. It's not really the animations, yes the animations for the ranged classes are highly lacking but the Jedi/Sith lightsaber animations are rather well done. Still, their gameplay is "stiff" too. It's likely because there really isn't any unique class mechanics to master. All force using classes play roughly the same. The Smuggler and Operative are basically the same class, both of them have you hiding behind walls in one place and mashing attacks. *yawn*

Bioware can do a good story but they don't have the faintest idea of how to make the gameplay actually fun in a hotkey MMO.

News Comments > LEGO Universe to Close
8. Re: LEGO Universe to Close Nov 5, 2011, 02:22 WyldKat

The game might have survived as a box only purchase. The game was TOO concerned with appealing to under 10 year olds that it neglected teen, young adult, and adult LEGO fans that would have loved to see a "Second Life in LEGO" type of game. The actual game was basically an oversimplified version of the console Lego action/adventure games without any of the charm or licensing.

As for actual building you were limited to teeny little parcels building static structures. I guess I was expecting freedom to build flying machines ala Garry's Mod or other vehicles.

As others have said, most of us are quite content building things in Minecraft.

Good riddance.

News Comments > Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy
6. Re: Gameforge Layoffs - Star Trek: Infinite Space in Jeopardy Nov 3, 2011, 16:11 WyldKat

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 12:12:
Infinite is a top down browser game with some 3d space stations. Unless you still have Bridge Commander, Klingon Academy laying around, Star Trek Online is still your best 'Trek' fix.

Yep.

STO is actually fun now, too. They fixed the boring ground combat and space feels more responsive.

News Comments > Gamer Food
10. Re: Gamer Food Nov 2, 2011, 15:18 WyldKat

Everybody knows a huge box of pizza rolls is what gamers crave during an all night gaming binge.  

News Comments > Dragons vs. Unicorns Announced
2. Re: Dragons vs. Unicorns Announced Nov 2, 2011, 00:36 WyldKat

Bitch PLEASE! Unicorns shank motherfuckers with that horn and let's not forget they shit fucking rainbows and piss skittles!  

News Comments > Lineage II Going Free-to-Play
4. Re: Lineage II Going Free-to-Play Nov 2, 2011, 00:34 WyldKat

LOL... I remember beta testing this game and uninstalling it, while laughing hysterically, after I saw the "WOOSH I'M AN AIRPLANE" female elf run animations.  

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
88. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 16:17 WyldKat

Beamer wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 11:07:
Indeed, I am free not to, as is GLAAD.

Again, what makes it so offensive is that it's hyperbole. Again, you clearly misunderstand the entire fundamental concept here. He isn't saying "The Alliance are a whole bunch of males that have sex with each other," he's is making the metaphor of "the Alliance are a bunch of weak, lame weenies which is pathetic and similar to men who have sex with men."

This is why it's offensive - he's using "homosexual" as a synonym for "pathetic." And you don't think people that are homosexual would find this offensive? That the hyperbole makes it worse?

Again, you miss the entire fundamental concept. You must not be thinking about it very hard. You're just saying "haha, it's funny, gay people lighten up!" I'd wonder if you'd feel the same if they took your name and turned it into a synonym for "idiotic."

Well said, I think you're one of the few people in this thread that actually gets it.

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Oct 26, 2011, 21:22 WyldKat

DedEye wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 19:10:
I know it won't be the last time Ubi pulls this shit. As much as I had been waiting for IL2, I did not purchase it. Well what do you know, a friend of mine did and.....yes another steaming pile of bugs and crappy performance.

You mean Cliffs of Dover right? Right?

The original IL2 Sturmovik was, and still is, the best WWII combat flight-sim. I liked the interactive Cockpits in CoD but I was floored by how poorly the game ran, as well as ludicrous bugs such as trees not having any hit detection at all. The weak selection of warbirds killed it too. Seriously? A couple variants of Hurricanes and Spitfires is all you get for fighters allied side? They're as bad as Gran Turismo with 100 different models of Honda Civics.

Anyways yep, I totally agree that IL2 and Silent Hunter are two great series ruined by Ubisoft's mismanagement.

News Comments > XIII Follow-up Not a Shooter
14. Re: XIII Follow-up Not a Shooter Oct 26, 2011, 20:18 WyldKat

X-Com and Syndicate become an FPS, XIII becomes a point-and-click adventure game. Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!  

News Comments > Garriott's NCsoft Award Upheld
22. Re: Garriott's NCsoft Award Upheld Oct 26, 2011, 18:34 WyldKat

Kajetan wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 10:43:
Frijoles wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 10:36:
Great, now he has some cash to make a new UO type game. Or go to space.
He will go to space. He should go to space. Ultima was not only him, but a group of talented and hungry and hard working guys at Origin. There is no more Origin and its former employees have moved on. This chapter is closed!

Yep. UO was as much Raph Koster, Starr Long, and Rich Vogel as it was Garriott.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2011, 17:08 WyldKat

Many more of us downgraded because we didn't wish to get charged 60% more for nothing new added.

If Netflix didn't have Buffy and Star Trek, or the occasional interesting documentary I would have already unsubscribed completely.

For now it seems the best alternative for new releases is RedBox or BitTorrent. Thanks Netflix.

News Comments > Free Diablo III with World of Warcraft Annual Pass
31. Re: Free Diablo III with World of Warcraft Annual Pass Oct 23, 2011, 14:18 WyldKat

Drezden wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 21:04:
Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:30:
Drezden wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:03:
Talisorn wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 18:55:
I smell fear of SWTOR.

Naaailed it.

Wrong. They have nothing to fear from SWTOR. GW2 on the other hand...

If the sales for the completely fucked up Blu Ray release of Star Wars proves anything. It's that there are people who will buy a Star Wars product just because it's Star Wars. So anyone who has played a Bioware game, or a Kotor game, is going to pick up SWTOR. GW2, as innovative as the combat is, does not have that distinction.

Not everyone.

Bioware does make really good single player RPGs but this game is a turd. The more people realize this the better the industry will be.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced
49. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 15:34 WyldKat

So at this point is it safe to just call it World of Furcraft?  

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo