Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 17, 2012, 18:55 WyldKat

This is the most underwhelming LEGO set I've ever seen. I actually would have considered getting a set if it was full LEGO scale and came with the Minecraft guy and Creeper minifigs, not those little one post things...

I'll be saving my money for the LOTR sets.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wasteland Sequel Kickstart Coming
20. Re: Wasteland Sequel Kickstart Coming Feb 16, 2012, 22:46 WyldKat

Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 22:42:
If you don't want to dig it up and you don't feel like playing a retro title...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvYcu5qaO-s

That guy did a pretty cool "Let's Play" of Wasteland. His extra narration adds to the game and makes the video enjoyable.

ROFL... I was just getting ready to edit my post with a link to his LP. He is a PHENOMENAL LPer. Each one of his LPs is like a little story, Wasteland is one of his bests.

News Comments > Wasteland Sequel Kickstart Coming
19. Re: Wasteland Sequel Kickstart Coming Feb 16, 2012, 22:44 WyldKat

Awesome! I wish them all the best of luck! Wasteland was a bit before my time but I did go back and play it from an Abandonware site and I really liked it.

I'll wait till they have more to show before I chip in, just did the whole prepay beta thing for Starfarer.

I really like this new paradigm of player funded development that's been forming over the past few years.

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit
83. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 8, 2012, 00:18 WyldKat

Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 19:10:
Yeah if you are getting pink textures it means a texture is missing.

It is also caused by someone not having enough RAM or VRAM.

I haven't had any problems or slowdowns and the pack looks amazing and beats the so called "HD" packs on Nexus.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Feb 7, 2012, 16:23 WyldKat

Acleacius wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 16:17:
WyldKat wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 15:31:
I'd be interested if this game had CoOp, oh well. I swore that it did have CoOp when they showed it off at E3 last year...
This is ea, which means if Coop exists they pulled it, so they sell it separately as dlc or addon content.

Probably. :\ I could be crazy but I swear a dev was talking about it having coop in some video I watched months ago. I wasn't really impressed with the actual gameplay in the demo (and the menu was atrocious) but a button smashy action RPG can be a lot of fun with friends.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Feb 7, 2012, 15:31 WyldKat

I'd be interested if this game had CoOp, oh well. I swore that it did have CoOp when they showed it off at E3 last year...  

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Feb 6, 2012, 14:07 WyldKat

Shareware was never piracy, shareware was demo software. I don't really get the point of this article.  

News Comments > Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives
31. Re: Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives Feb 2, 2012, 14:59 WyldKat

I could honestly care less if a game is PC exclusive. All I ask is that the PC version take full advantage of current hardware and DirectX, have a UI designed for PC, and be optimized for PC. It would help too if the devs threw a bone to the PC crowd to take further advantage of the unique nature of PC gaming, for example Bethesda giving away the creation kit with all of their RPGs and encouraging mods.

As for his actual statement? Bullshit. There is just as much, if not more, piracy on consoles.

News Comments > RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans
11. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 19:11 WyldKat

eunichron wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 16:40:
Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 16:27:
Have they released any real new content since launch? In a year they've put forth what? A few raid bosses and one dungeon? Not a lot of bang for your buck I'd say.

Actually they've added 3 raid instances with multiple bosses (River of Souls, Hammerknell Fortress, Gilded Prophecy). There are 10 dungeons that they continually update to be more challenging with Expert and Master modes, and unlike WoW/SWTOR the instances actually change when you switch difficulties, with more bosses and new areas opened up. There are multiple raid and dungeon sized Rifts that are puggable.

It's a lot of bang for your buck.

You forgot the entire ISLAND they added which is essentially as big as Stilmoor and Shimmersands put together. It's catered to level 50s and has tons of quests as well as more group content such as the Onslaught areas which are scaling "tower defense" types of areas.

They've also added planar attunement, which lets you advance your character after you hit level 50.

Also added are solo/duo dungeons which are a bit of fun, especially if you don't want to go immediately into raiding and the new Instant Adventures which toss you into a roving group of people who you do quests with all over the zone and each series of quests culminates in a fight with a boss, each of which has unique mechanics.

News Comments > TERA Preorders; Closed Beta Schedule
5. Re: TERA Preorders; Closed Beta Schedule Feb 1, 2012, 19:07 WyldKat

No I think I'll keep my money and spend it on a game that actually WILL come out, like Guild Wars 2.  

News Comments > RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans
6. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 15:32 WyldKat

I've gone back to Rift after leaving SWTOR, mostly because the gameplay is solid and I love the class system. Also because the end-game is head and shoulders better than SWTOR, especially stuff on the new island where there's a lot of "tower defense" type gameplay going on. Pretty fun.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 31, 2012, 22:27 WyldKat

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 22:23:
It is funny to read butthurt comments from console fan bois crying over the fact that a PC game ported to their crappy inferior system isn't getting the same support that the PC version gets.

It is a bit amusing isn't it? They will likely care and rage about it for a few days then go back to Clone of Duty.

News Comments > THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning
9. Re: THQ Receives Stock Delisting Warning Jan 31, 2012, 19:15 WyldKat

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 16:52:
Saints Row 3 is regarded by many as absolutely inferior crap compared to SR2 (and I agree) they removed everything that was good about saints row 2. (And i am talking about the fun activities and the often very serious story which made a great contrast)

Pretty much. My biggest gripe was the removal of TONS of clothing/jewelry options including how you could wear them. I also really liked starting with no money and robbing stores and what-not and earning the clothes/cars I bought. SR3 just throws piles of money at you, gets fairly boring after a few hours, zero challenge.

Also the "improved" car physics were completely garbage.

Having a cute Russian accent was pretty damn cool, though.

News Comments > A Game of Dwarves Details; Trailer
7. Re: A Game of Dwarves Details; Trailer Jan 21, 2012, 23:26 WyldKat

Elim wrote on Jan 21, 2012, 18:27:
A more commercial and user friendly Dwarf Fortress would destroy the game. It is one of the last games for hardcore gamers, just leave us that one. Let them destroy all other games with their dumbed down mechanics.

No one is saying we want them to dumb down the mechanics. Just implement a UI that isn't crap and graphics that aren't headache inducing.

News Comments > A Game of Dwarves Details; Trailer
2. Re: A Game of Dwarves Details; Trailer Jan 21, 2012, 17:15 WyldKat

I'd love to see a more user-friendly Dwarf Fortress, especially one with at least a decent 2D sprite engine. I love the concept of Dwarf Fortress but the ASCII art-style gives me headaches, no really it actually does give me headaches. However a friend who's into the game told me that SO much is simulated that when you build a big enough fortress with tons of dwarves it will bring modern computers to their knees without adding a fancy graphics engine. My only question is what resources Dwarf Fortress uses for the simulation, if a game could off-load some of that on to the GPU it might allow for a better graphics engine.  

News Comments > DCS: P-51D Mustang Announced
4. Re: DCS: P-51D Mustang Announced Jan 21, 2012, 17:11 WyldKat

Might have to spring for this one... The A-10 looked too complicated for me, I prefer the "analog" feel of the old WWII planes. I loved the original IL2 but hated how stripped down Cliffs of Dover felt, however I did LOVE the manual start-up sequences in CoD, so assuming this game is as detailed as the A-10 sim I might have to get it.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer
12. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 16:09 WyldKat

Canceled mine a couple of days ago or I'd be seeing red. The leveling experience was fun although I solo'd through 95% of it and muted TeamSpeak pretty much all the time. This made the game feel like a single player game with MMO elements tacked on. When I got to 50 and saw end-game PVP, Hard modes, and Ops it really hit just how tacked on the MMO elements were.

Due to various issues, such as all bosses having a 1-2 minute enrage timer instead of interesting/new mechanics and the ability delay making melee totally unfun and bad to play I just wasn't having fun anymore. I loaded up Rift whom I still have a sub with and played some of it while taking a break from SWTOR and it hit me how much better of a game it was from a pure gameplay/end-game standpoint. I couldn't justify paying for Bioware's beta at that point.

Perhaps Rift spoiled me, because it actually launched with working, and fun end-game and bugs were quickly patched out, not left to fester until the one-month mark or longer in the case of issues such as ability delay or horrible battleground FPS.

News Comments > Stronghold 3 Patch
3. Re: Stronghold 3 Patch Jan 7, 2012, 15:21 WyldKat

Good to know. The idea of a castle building game sounded really fun but this was still quite expensive even during the Steam sale. Sounds like it has less value than even a $2 Indie game...  

News Comments > Bethesda v. Interplay Dismissal?
8. Re: Bethesda v. Interplay Dismissal? Jan 5, 2012, 16:12 WyldKat

So basically we're going to get a really shitty Fallout MMO because Interplay can't afford to make a real game. Got it.  

News Comments > MS Flight for Free in Spring
23. Re: MS Flight for Free in Spring Jan 4, 2012, 15:25 WyldKat

Sounds like they're trying to shut down the third-party scene that made lots of extremely high quality (paid mind you) content for their other sims.

MS Flightsim never really held my interest because well... you pretty much just fly around. I guess I'm more into combat flight sims. However that said, had they added a business tycoon model where you could own your own tourism business, cargo business, or w/e in a dynamic world I think it would have held my interest more.

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo