Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Previews
5. Re: Evening Previews Aug 27, 2013, 05:10 WyldKat

nin wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 20:21:
Trevor almost looks respectable in that jean jacket...

The Canadian tuxedo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
4. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 13:16 WyldKat

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 13:00:
So it's gold for pc too?

<hyperventilating>

I'm hoping that the reason we haven't heard a peep about a PC version is because they're planning to do a special edition with an HD texture pack and other goodies. Maybe an official ENB release too?

Only Rockstar knows for sure how much they've made from the PC version of GTAs but judging by how HUGE the mod community is for the games and the fact that GTA IV is at the number 35 spot on top played Steam games it would be extremely silly of them to neglect their PC fanbase.

I bet soon after the console release we'll hear a PC release date, probably Spring 2014 as it was with GTA IV. Of course those of us who are GTA addicts will end up buying the game twice.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Leaks?
19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Leaks? Aug 24, 2013, 16:38 WyldKat

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 24, 2013, 16:27:
Holding out for the PC version, thanks. It's where the franchise started, and the PC versions are always the best.

They really are always the best, but I'm such a big GTA fan that I can't wait for the PC release, so it looks like I'll be buying it twice... again. >.< If it was a month, even two months out, I could wait. GTA IV had a six month gap and there's still no official PC release date for GTA V.

I just hope, HOPE, that they do a good port like Max Payne 3 and throw in a few bones for us like an HD texture pack and official mod support with perhaps Steam Workshop support.

News Comments > The Crew Trailer
3. Re: The Crew Trailer Aug 22, 2013, 13:48 WyldKat

The idea of the game sounds cool, and the customization could really be neat although it seems it's either race, offroad, rally raid specs. Didn't see much in the way of damage though...

Part of me thinks that GTA V Online will ape this. IF car customization in GTA V lets you turn any car into an offroad car it totally would. Plus it will actually have a nice damage model.

News Comments > DayZ Delayed Again
17. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 22, 2013, 13:35 WyldKat

I hope they take their time and get it right. That said, if they wait TOO long the State of Decay MMO might be out, then all bets are off. Other than the Xbox 360s jankiness because it couldn't handle all the interiors in SoD, I really enjoyed that game. Melee felt far more responsive and I actually felt like I had an impact on things by rescuing NPCs, building up a base, and getting supplies for that base.

I do hope future versions will have more realistic vehicle handling, though, they're FAR too twitchy.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots [Updated]
19. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 18, 2013, 04:43 WyldKat

Meanwhile GTA V is out Sims-ing The Sims.

But seriously... why does it look EXACTLY like Sims 3?

News Comments > War of the Vikings Announced
4. Re: War of the Vikings Announced Aug 6, 2013, 14:25 WyldKat

I'll just stick with Chivalry.  

News Comments > Voxel-based EverQuest Next Details
28. Re: Voxel-based EverQuest Next Details Aug 2, 2013, 18:33 WyldKat

Fion wrote on Aug 2, 2013, 16:44:
I'm also hot happy that the game is largley quest based. Quest-based advancement belongs in a themepark, not a sandbox.

Did you watch the same video as the rest of the class?

They mentioned time and time again about how mob AI will effect how they behave and various events will emerge from that behavior. They also mentioned the world events and how it would be possible for those events to play out differently on various servers.

8. Re: Voxel-based EverQuest Next Details Aug 2, 2013, 16:25 WyldKat

I just watched the stream and I take back my concerns. This looks amazing. Love the idea of a Tomb Raider style movement system too.  

1. Re: Voxel-based EverQuest Next Details Aug 2, 2013, 15:20 WyldKat

I'm not sure what to say. It sounds amazing but I have my doubts that the areas outside of the restricted zones won't become vast wastelands.  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Aug 2, 2013, 05:51 WyldKat

I've heard of Men of War but never King's Bounty. It looked interesting so I picked up the bundle. Spent the first part of the evening playing King's Bounty and then the rest of the night completely absorbed in Men of War.

Both are FANTASTIC games. King's Bounty is like Heroes of Might and Magic only with more RPG in it. I really, really enjoy the art style too.

As others have said, Men of War is like Company of Heroes only FAR more realistic, and because of that, hard. I routinely get my ass handed to me on Easy but the mechanics are so fun it doesn't really matter. The best bit of the game is that you can manually control units. Tanks feel, to me, better than World of Tanks because of the complex damage system in the game. Treads, armor, turrets, engines, there's loads of things to target and they destruct realistically. This also happens to you and can really ruin your picnic. There's also fuel and ammunition to worry about. Oh and you can loot corpses and use the weapons, ammo, equipment found on them. It's unreal the depth in this game and I've only really scratched the surface.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders
18. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 16:16 WyldKat

Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 15:16:
InBlack wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 09:39:
Considering how utterly horrible Cliffs of Dover turned out (and still is) I would recommend that anyone who even remotely likes aeroplane simulations to stay away from this until they release the game.

Uh no. This is misinformation.

The IL2 sequel is being developed by totally different guys. Responsible for the excellent Rise of Flight, not the guys who bumbled their way through Cliffs of Dover. If there's anyone I trust to do a good job with this it's 777.

That makes me feel better about it but I'm honestly not a fan of them leaving certain planes, very IMPORTANT planes from a sim/historic POV, only accessible via DLC. I suppose I'll just wait and see how the reviews go and wait for an all inclusive version a year down the road. 'Sides, IL2-1946 is still amazing and Star Citizen dogfighting alpha is coming soon too.

Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 15:38:
They should make Jane's games again. Because Jane says....

I think EA still owns rights to Jane's and they're just sitting on it. Cause you know, no money in sims... >.<

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
44. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 22:08 WyldKat

This sums up my feelings.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 27, 2013, 15:51 WyldKat

Underwear bombs undetectable by dogs or TSA equipment? Full nude searches for everyone!  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Jul 27, 2013, 15:49 WyldKat

You shouldn't get hung up on the checkpoint saves. I'll admit I'm not crazy about it myself but that said, it saves every time there is a map change and it happens frequently enough I haven't had to backtrack much at all. The checkpoint save works because of the game linearity, which again, I'm not crazy about. That said, the gameplay, story, and writing made me get over those two points easily.

I DO hope that their future campaigns will be non-linear with loads more decking opportunities and we get a proper save system. Here's also hoping we can get that from the UGC.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
4. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Jul 22, 2013, 20:49 WyldKat

DangerDog wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 20:42:
They should just put a video clip of Randy apologizing profusely at the beginning of the game and release the whole thing for free.

ah well, the curse of movie/game franchises continues.

They never even really apologized to people who did buy it, nor tossed them a DLC or two to make up for it.

News Comments > Battlezone, Star Control & More Atari IP Sold: Chris Taylor and Total Annihilation Reunited
18. Re: Battlezone, Star Control & More Atari IP Sold: Chris Taylor and Total Annihilation Reunited Jul 22, 2013, 16:40 WyldKat

RaZ0r! wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 09:56:
I wish Stardock had received Master of Orion!

I do too.

My horror is that Wargaming will turn it into World of Warplanes in space.

News Comments > End of Nations Alpha Returns
4. Re: End of Nations Alpha Returns Jul 18, 2013, 01:23 WyldKat

Oh JOY another MOBA!

Trion has been taking some serious missteps as of late.

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Kickstarter
7. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarter Jul 17, 2013, 15:37 WyldKat

They should have used smooth voxels for the terrain. It looks super jarring when you compare it to their trees, cars, houses, and zombies.  

News Comments > Former Maxis Devs Form New Studio
7. Re: Former Maxis Devs Form New Studio Jul 17, 2013, 02:19 WyldKat

Creston wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 22:45:
"I'm just really tired of making simulations. We're going to form a new studio so we can do something new. We're doing a simulation."

He says they hope to make PC games

And after the fucking travesty that was Simcity, not one shit was given.

Creston

And their first game is a tablet game... XD

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo