Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today
60. Re: Still no public tests? Aug 3, 2012, 03:23 WyldKat

Ant wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 01:38:

Where have you been for the past 6 months?

Anyone who has wanted a beta key has gotten one, you could have even preordered from Amazon, got a key, then cancel the order without being out of anything.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today
59. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today Aug 3, 2012, 03:16 WyldKat

Teddy wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 22:22:
The only flaw in your argument is the sheer lack of logic. People aren't investing in the hype. We've PLAYED THE DAMN GAME. That's not hype, that's experience.

This guy, this guy right here.

/thread

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
4. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 16:53 WyldKat

I would switch to Linux in a heartbeat if most games supported it and more importantly, so did drivers.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PROTOTYPE 2
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - PROTOTYPE 2 Jul 24, 2012, 17:07 WyldKat

Totalbiscuit &#8207;@Totalbiscuit

Confirming game runs like crap on a 3930k and GTX680 as soon as you leave the tutorial. Turning off options yields no results. AVOID

Sounds like a poorly optimized, shitty console port at that.

News Comments > Guncraft Open Beta
10. Re: Guncraft Open Beta Jul 16, 2012, 17:42 WyldKat

Axis wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 15:23:
WyldKat wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 15:14:
Wow... a tiny little indie game nobody ever heard of that was able to license ACDC for their trailer. Oh right, they probably didn't. These guys are full of class.

They don't need to license it, only need permission to use it.

Right. I'm sure they went through the trouble and money to get permission to use it. ACDC being owned by Sony's music group, I'm sure they're happy to just hand over rights for free to people using it for commercial purposes.

News Comments > Guncraft Open Beta
7. Re: Guncraft Open Beta Jul 16, 2012, 15:14 WyldKat

Wow... a tiny little indie game nobody ever heard of that was able to license ACDC for their trailer. Oh right, they probably didn't. These guys are full of class.  

News Comments > Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Announced
47. Re: Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Announced Jul 12, 2012, 21:22 WyldKat

The sick/sad thing is that if EA hadn't mishandled and fucked with Origin (the REAL Origin) and the Ultima series they would have had a franchise that would have rivaled The Elder Scrolls series to this very day. Ultima 6 and 7 advanced the genre so much in how you could interact with the environment.  

News Comments > The Secret World Content Plans
2. Re: The Secret World Content Plans Jul 10, 2012, 22:34 WyldKat

Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 20:54:
I'm tempted to buy this. I crawled the forums for a while and the existing community seems mature and seems to love the game.

Avoid it until the free trial/free2play conversion. The combat is absolutely dreadful, which you'll be doing 90% of the time as the investigation missions are few and far between.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 August 28th
38. Re: Guild Wars 2 August 28th Jun 28, 2012, 21:00 WyldKat

Alamar wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 19:54:
WyldKat wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:20:
nin wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:12:
They just need to tweak everything and make the game run off the GPU not just the CPU.

Was wondering if they fixed that yet. I didn't make the last weekend beta (I have the worst luck and have basically missed both so far, outside of like 2 hours).

They've made some improvements, but still have a lot to go. Tim Collins is completely wrong about the gameplay though. Only a complete idiot would insist on spamming the 1 button, that's the auto-attack...

Only a 'complete idiot' would misread what someone else typed, and look like a fool : )

Edit: And yes, it is just another "fetch x items, kill x mobs" type game? That's the genre : ) They add a few improvements to it, just like City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, etc, did...

-Alamar

I didn't misread what Tim Collins said. He said Guild Wars 2 was a faceroll game because he could keep spamming the 1 key (the auto-attack). Having played sPVP, WvW, the first dungeon, as well as varying levels of dynamic content I know first-hand that if you play this way (i.e. spamming the 1 key, which by the way is set to auto-attack), you will die often and be completely ineffective.

28. Re: Guild Wars 2 August 28th Jun 28, 2012, 17:20 WyldKat

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:12:
They just need to tweak everything and make the game run off the GPU not just the CPU.

Was wondering if they fixed that yet. I didn't make the last weekend beta (I have the worst luck and have basically missed both so far, outside of like 2 hours).

They've made some improvements, but still have a lot to go. Tim Collins is completely wrong about the gameplay though. Only a complete idiot would insist on spamming the 1 button, that's the auto-attack...

25. Re: Guild Wars 2 August 28th Jun 28, 2012, 16:04 WyldKat

BEST. DAY. EVER!

Until August 25th, that is!

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 14:29 WyldKat

Looking forward to this game but I have to say their marketing department needs some fucking work. The tagline,"Size always matters." is just embarrassing and alienating to Planetside players not of the XY persuasion. It also makes me think of the not fun zergfests late game PS1 turned into.  

News Comments > Final Secret World Beta Weekend
5. Re: Final Secret World Beta Weekend Jun 20, 2012, 05:07 WyldKat

Frijoles wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 23:23:
Any here try it? I've not heard good things about this game.

I did.

Overall, the combat is really, really boring. The combat mechanics are either put five pips on a target and then do a finisher or put five pips on yourself and do a finisher. So essentially, it feels like you're playing a WoW/Rift Rogue no matter what weapon you go with, they just have different eye candy. Fanboys told me it gets better at higher level and after they opened up the last tier in the last beta I tried some of them. I picked up a turret thinking it might be as cool as my Guild Wars 2 Engineer turrets but turns out it's a finisher that lasts for 5 seconds at MOST. >.> They also last beta put in a dodge roll that was straight up stolen from GW2 but doesn't work nearly as good. Oh and you can only dodge roll once every 20 seconds, many times it doesn't even go off.

It's also important to note that last BWE nearly broke my computer. While playing it hardlocked my system, upon reboot I was bluescreening on boot. That was fun fixing... Creating a new character crashed every time before I could finish it. Cutscenes suddenly didn't have any dialogue. None of these issues existed the first beta, so typical Funcom lack of polish and total ineptitude regarding patching exists in Secret World.

They also showed a sample of the cash shop, yes, a cash shop in a game you're paying $15/mo for. The majority of it is all clothing items, which you might think hey that's fine, it's just cosmetic right? Well if you want a leather jacket you're either going to be farming a couple MILLION of the in-game Secret World bucks or shelling out real cash, so it seems like they're trying to strong-arm people into buying their clothes on the cash shop... in a pay to play game.

The three things I did like about the game were the environment art, lore/story, and investigation missions. Environments looked great but characters themselves look creepy, especially when they started talking. The story was pretty interesting, although a bit cliche in parts and people didn't seem to react realistically to horrible shit going down, turning the atmosphere from a horror game into an Abbot and Costello Meets Frankenstein comedy romp. The investigation missions had you hunting down clues, some of them needing real life research (unless assholes in chat spoiled it for you, or you were lazy and googled the walkthrough) The thing is... there were 3 of them in the first beta area and they were completely disabled in the last beta. The MAJORITY of quests are kill/fetch quests... bleh.

So, bottom line? Save your money. It will be Free2Play eventually. I firmly believe the people buying the game and these "lifetime" subscriptions are merely subsidizing the game development costs with the overall goal to go free2play. The foundation is already there and is already beating you in the face like a shady Eastern Free2Play game.

Another interesting thing to consider... You can typically judge the overall interest in a game by looking at the number of subscribers in a particular games sub-Reddit. So here are the breakdowns for a few MMOs.

WoW - 43,579
GW2 - 30,140
SWTOR - 26,397
Rift - 2,737
TSW - 736

I also noticed on the TSW forums last beta weekend that posting traffic was much, MUCH lower than the first beta weekend.

News Comments > Last Week of Free Xsyon
2. Re: Last Week of Free Xsyon Jun 18, 2012, 15:10 WyldKat

Yeah. I paid to see what the game was about. It was horrible, full of abandoned terraforming projects and discarded trash. Gameplay was a chore and a grind. I requested a refund and got it.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance May 20, 2012, 14:45 WyldKat

Batman wants you off his lawn, too.  

News Comments > DARK Announced
19. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 22:30 WyldKat

I thought we were over the one word titles in all caps? I guess they didn't get the MEMO.

This looks like a budget version of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Here's what you do, take the $5 you were going to spend on preordering this, go buy Bloodlines on GOG or Steam or whatever else, download the fan patches, and enjoy a Vampire CRPG experience second to none. Yes you can also,"Stalk you enemies from the shadows then use powerful vampire abilities to attack and silently dispatch them!" Yes, Stalk you enemies...

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 4, 2012, 15:18 WyldKat

Only suitable for games that have an FOV slider, this means most console games and ports are out.  

News Comments > It's TERA Time
14. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 19:34 WyldKat

Sir Graves wrote on May 3, 2012, 17:11:
Eh, I'll try it when it goes free. And it will.

When I can tear myself away from GW2 for a minute, that is.

I feel the same way. The combat is sort of amusing in the beta I tried but after playing GW2 everything else pales in comparison, it actually made me excited to play an MMO again, mostly because it doesn't feel like an MMO.

TERA, other than it's gimmicky combat, is pretty much TERAble.

News Comments > Dungeons of Dredmor Free DLC Plans
4. Re: Dungeons of Dredmor Free DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 22:15 WyldKat

It's incredibly fun, challenging, and a great game to pick up and play for a little while.

It actually would make a fantastic tablet game.

News Comments > The Secret World Preorders Include Beta Access
12. Re: The Secret World Preorders Include Beta Access Apr 3, 2012, 13:18 WyldKat

WyldKat wrote on Apr 3, 2012, 13:18:
Hellbinder wrote on Apr 3, 2012, 13:05:
um this game has been advertised ass free to play since it was first mentioned. that was one of its biggest selling points. it6 would be the greatest free to play game made. article were written about how it was going to impact the paid games..

why does one need to preorder a fully free to play game that was designed to be FULLY free to play from its inception? talk about bait and switch. (sorry typing with 2 broken fingers in splints)

Even better, it will be a traditional subscription game with a cash shop too, yay! /s

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo