Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On The Secret World's F2P Potential
16. Re: On The Secret World's F2P Potential Sep 17, 2012, 22:07 WyldKat

Because of Guild Wars 2 I'm not playing a subscription game ever again. They've proven you can have an amazing world class MMORPG without the monthly fleecing while avoiding the pay2win syndrome. Rift was the only MMO that ever delivered on what all pay2play companies promised us by saying that we needed to pay a monthly fee so we could have continual content updates.

More importantly though, I don't have to feel guilty when I decide to spend my time elsewhere.

As for TSW, Let's all hope that when TSW goes free2play they don't follow the horrible AoC model.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Adding Direct Control
11. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Adding Direct Control Sep 17, 2012, 21:47 WyldKat

I might actually play it now. I got GSB in an indie bundle and was all excited about it only to find out the actual battle portion was pretty hands off. It just wasn't the game for me. Now, because of this addition, I think it will be.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Free Weekend
20. Re: Path of Exile Free Weekend Sep 11, 2012, 17:43 WyldKat

PoE bored the crap out of me after awhile. All the classes played more or less the same. The animations were bad, especially kill/death animations (no physics, just the same canned death anims). The trading system, while I thought I liked it at first, quickly became frustrating. The story was forgettable too but mostly it was the combat that turned me off. Genderlocked characters were another turn off, along with bad (i.e. no) customization. No different hairs, armor dyes, nothing.  

News Comments > Chris Roberts Game Countdown?
37. Re: Chris Roberts Game Countdown? Sep 10, 2012, 21:27 WyldKat

Strango wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 18:15:
WyldKat wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 17:36:
All I want is a Privateer sequel that doesn't suck... oh and that lets me haul cargo... and contraband, in my own ship...

I think you'd be interested in Evochron Mercenary:
http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/

Tried it. It's as bad as the X series in that it suffers from a fairly bland, and sterile feeling game world.

Privateer felt epic mostly because of the world you played in. The newer games have better graphics, physics, and more features but they just lack in presenting a believable world to be a part of.

News Comments > Chris Roberts Game Countdown?
23. Re: Chris Roberts Game Countdown? Sep 10, 2012, 17:36 WyldKat

All I want is a Privateer sequel that doesn't suck... oh and that lets me haul cargo... and contraband, in my own ship.

I've tried to get into the X series but every single one of them felt like work and not like I was some Han Soloish spacer just out to make a few credits then getting caught up in an intergalactic shitstorm. No game has done that concept as good as the original Privateer.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 15:14 WyldKat

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 15:00:
They really fucked with cooking in yesterday's patch. They removed quite a few of the basic ingredients from the cooking master, and put them in as loot. So now you have to find sticks of fucking butter out of bandit bags and such. I mean... what?

400 levels in your crafting profession, and even trying to get to 50 is a major fucking chore... Does anyone actually find it FUN that way?

Creston

Also those sticks of butter are now competing with more valuable mats like cloth, leather, and ore too.

I understand not wanting to let people level cooking in an hour but this was a bit heavy handed. I love the game but since launch ArenaNet has been making bonehead after bonehead decision, such as removing the Whisperer weapons from game and replacing them with ugly newbie models, screwing over those of us who had used transmute stones on them.

I hope they'll get this stuff sorted out and go back to ArenaNet from beta. Right now I don't even know if I should use my transmute stones on the cool Norn gear I've been getting while leveling because hey, that stuff is on a vendor too and we can't have item model variation unless you spend 11ty billion karma/gold now can we?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Password Attacks
22. Re: Guild Wars 2 Password Attacks Sep 8, 2012, 04:47 WyldKat

Frijoles wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 23:22:
Divinity's Reach is a good example of mind-blowing graphics. Absolutely stunning how alive they made that city feel. If you lower the graphics all the way to the bottom, it does look meh. But on full, there's no MMO that compares to it IMO. It'd do well even in a single-player contest of graphics.

It needs to be said that it's not just the graphics that are spectacular, it's the animation too. For example, look at how your feet and legs adjust to various types of terrain. You can even prop one leg up on a barrel if you want to. There's also cloth and hair animation which you rarely see in an MMO. My norn shield maiden with flowing crimson hair is a sight to behold on the battlefield!

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Armored Kill Launch Trailer
19. Re: Battlefield 3 Armored Kill Launch Trailer Sep 5, 2012, 09:05 WyldKat

This would have sold me if it were launch content. However at this point for FPS games I'm more looking forward to ARMA 3 for realistic vehicle warfare and Planetside 2 for arcadey. Neither require Origin too, which is a plus!  

News Comments > State of The Secret World
6. Re: State of The Secret World Aug 31, 2012, 18:08 WyldKat

Blegvad wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 13:05:
Funcom just seems like one of those companies that can't ever get it quite right.

This is sadly the case. I loved the world and setting in AO, played the hell out of the beta, then release came and I got nothing but nonstop BSOD errors. It basically split our large prelaunch guild and everyone switched to DAOC within a few months.

Then there was AoC. Loved the world, the combat, the graphics, and many other things but having the old bait-and-switch Tortage to rest of game transition and positively broken PVP made me quit.

News Comments > Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play
11. Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play Aug 31, 2012, 18:05 WyldKat

It looks like a quirky, fun time waster, I just never felt like spending money on it with so much else occupying my time. I'll check it out now though.

Does suck that they're not even throwing previous owners a bone with freebies or something. Of course APB Reloaded did this too. All of us who had clothes, cars, guns, and lots of gametime were told to STFU and pay2win. Glad this, at least, doesn't have gun rental/buying on the cash shop.

News Comments > State of The Secret World
1. Re: State of The Secret World Aug 31, 2012, 10:36 WyldKat

They sent me a survey the other day. They seem to be very, VERY worried about Guild Wars 2 and to a smaller degree, Pandas. I answered it honestly, pointing out that the combat, creepy characters, and lack of many of the much touted "Investigation" missions were reasons why I was giving it a pass. Oh and the fact it's $60 with a $15/mo sub and a Cash Shop in 2012...  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Aug 31, 2012, 10:33 WyldKat

ArenaNet is taking things very seriously, for that I'm very, very happy. Many good games have been ruined when exploiters and hackers run amok and ruin the economy early in the launch. It's also unreal that they are suspending sales from their website until they can meet the demand. So many MMOs in the past just take the money and let the users sit in several hour long queues on servers that lag out, only to add dozens of servers the next week to "fix" the problem then have empty servers a couple months after... I'm looking at you, SWTOR...  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins
53. Re: Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins Aug 27, 2012, 13:16 WyldKat

Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 09:34:
You gotta dodge stuff

Yeah this can't be stated enough. I observed a lot of players in the headstart who just stood still as if this was WoW. You need to move around, use your disables/debuffs, use the environment and evade attacks. Enemies in PvE can KO your ass in no time flat once you get past the level 5ish stuff.

It's pretty awesome that not only the game, but your fellow players will reward you for playing skillfully. I saw someone in trouble so I rushed over to him on my engineer just as he went down. I started kiting mobs, using my knockbacks, dropping my turrets, using combo fields and using my finishers through them until I killed the 3 even leveled mobs (one was a vet) then I rezzed the guy. I got a "That was amazing." in /say. Feels good man.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Aug 20, 2012, 22:24 WyldKat

Mega Bloks were the bane of my childhood.

What needs to be done is clear, ArenaNet should to partner with LEGO.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Tomorrow
14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Tomorrow Aug 15, 2012, 01:13 WyldKat

Esoteric wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 00:46:
Everyone decided on their first main profession? I'm going necro, even though it needs some love.

Engineer! I love plopping down turrets, supply crate drops, and making my flamethrower go *FWOOOSH!*

News Comments > Battleground Europe/WW2 Online Now Free-to-Play
8. Re: Battleground Europe/WW2 Online Now Free-to-Play Aug 11, 2012, 05:58 WyldKat

...no thanks. I'll just wait for Planetside 2.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 10, 2012, 15:06 WyldKat

Android apps had copy protection?  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video
4. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 10, 2012, 15:06 WyldKat

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 13:29:
As much as I want to give this game another shot, due to rabid Final Fantasy Fanboyism... Guild Wars 2.

Not an FF fangirl but I really fell in love with my FFXIV character, but the game itself burnt me. GW2 is basically everything I wanted out of FFXIV sans moogles. If it's free to come back and check it out I might, but I won't ever let them swindle me out of money again.

News Comments > Vanguard Goes F2P Next Week
3. Re: Vanguard Goes F2P Next Week Aug 5, 2012, 16:33 WyldKat

Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 15:57:
I checked this out again a few months back and it's a good game in a lot of ways. Had they done this properly out of the gate this game would have been a major success. I still love their variety of races, mounts and classes. Love their bard.

The housing/decoration system, as well as the diplomacy system was pretty cool too. Oh and you could own and sail ships which hasn't been done since what, Ultima Online?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 4, 2012, 02:55 WyldKat

This is like watching the Daleks and the Cybermen have an all out brawl with each other.

*gets popcorn*

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo