Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More "Dragonborn" Skyrim DLC Hints
16. Re: More "Dragonborn" Skyrim DLC Hints Oct 17, 2012, 17:06 WyldKat

I still want to get Dawnguard, but the $20 price is too much. Hopefully I can nab it for half that this Christmas. Hearthfire... well I'm a sucker for housing in games, especially when it's customizable, so I'll probably have that one first.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile Act 3 Details
5. Re: Path of Exile Act 3 Details Oct 17, 2012, 05:45 WyldKat

Kripp is a complete, exploiting, douchebag, but everything Cram has said about PoE is right.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
5. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 05:40 WyldKat

They're never adding PVP, are they?  

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: The Pit Announced
13. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit Announced Oct 17, 2012, 05:38 WyldKat

Looks a bit boring, I'll stick with Dungeons of Dredmor for my graphical roguelike.  

News Comments > 0x10c Interview; Test Footage
21. Re: 0x10c Interview; Test Footage Oct 13, 2012, 09:44 WyldKat

The fully emulated computer aspect is pretty cool, but I was hoping they would up the graphics fidelity a bit on this one.

The gameplay sounds like it might just make up for that, though. We'll see, so long as it has CoOp I'll probably pick it up. Multiplayer ships are cool.

News Comments > No Terraforming in SimCity
24. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 12, 2012, 05:18 WyldKat

With all the crowdfunding gaining steam, now would be a perfect time for Will Wright to come back and make a proper city building simulator.

As for Sim Shitty 5, I'll pass. Terraforming was a big deal when you were trying to create your dream cities. The "God mode" feeling you got was part of the draw of it, especially if you liked recreating real cities.

I'm guessing there won't be any mod support either with the always-on nature of the game.

We saw how well that worked for Diablo 3.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
54. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 8, 2012, 05:49 WyldKat

Excited about this! I "got in the mood" by watching Prometheus (which I actually enjoyed) and Alien tonight. Aliens is tomorrow night followed by the unlocking.

I think I'll do Classic difficulty without Ironman mode. Terror from the Deep was my first XCOM and I hear it is regarded as the more difficult of the two real XCOM games so it's OK if I fail on the first playthrough, I'm used to it. I think I'll go with US for base for old times sake.

I've been watching an LP series lately to take me back to when I'd lose hours upon hours in these games and I have to say, the original games involved a LOT of tedium, from fiddling with action points to lots of repetitive click dragging in the inventory system. I think the new systems are superior here, and I just LOVE the cinematic camera when actions are played out. The old games didn't do much to tie you to your soldiers other than the few times they would pull off something heroic, or downright stupid... the new game excels here too. It seems like it's very much classic XCOM, just refined and exactly what a 21st century XCOM should be.

Now... let's just see those mod tools... AVP mod anyone?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Oct 5, 2012, 01:35 WyldKat

I very much agree with you MisterBenn.

Skyrim, and the two titles before it, benefited heavily from having mod tools accessible at, or soon after, release. I also think Bethesda learned from the horse armor debacle, though I DO think that Dawnguard is a bit much for what you get. Of course it will be on sale at Christmas so that's not a big deal.

I hope more games embrace mod support as it clearly boosts sales, the whole Day Z/ARMA 2 sales boost is another good example.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Oct 4, 2012, 21:15 WyldKat

Skyrim: The Sims... and I want it!

$5 is MUCH more reasonable than $20 for DLC too.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 4, 2012, 17:34 WyldKat

I have a feeling X-COM might sell more on the PC than on the 360. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing...

As for Left 4 Winchester... Sweet! I'd also like them to release The Cabin in the Woods DLC that has vanished. I loved that damn movie and both Valve and Whedon/Goddard sounded like they had a hit with the tie-in levels.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer
21. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer Oct 4, 2012, 17:20 WyldKat

It needs to be said too for those worried about level randomization that XCOM for the PC will have mod tools

I hope it will support Steam Workshop too.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer
20. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer Oct 4, 2012, 17:17 WyldKat

THAT is how you do a launch trailer. Are you listening, ArenaNet?  

News Comments > Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio
9. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 17:14 WyldKat

I'm wagering it's FallOut Online. Didn't Bethesda secure the license to it?

Let's hope that whatever it is, it isn't the pile of crap that Elder Scrolls Online is looking to be. Seriously... You had one job... take the Elder Scrolls gameplay and make it online... Why couldn't we just have had CoOp? >.>

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
45. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 17:04 WyldKat

Kythlyn wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 11:12:
The biggest problem with Panda is Guild Wars 2. Going back to a quest log from dynamic questing is jarring.

As is...

-Being forced to stand in place while casting/attacking
-Being unable to dodge enemy attacks
-Combat based on item level, not player skill
-Same old tier based dungeon/PVP gear grind
-No large-scale PVP warfare with castles, keeps to conquer with siege engines
-Kill/Quest stealing
-Simplified and downright restricting "noob friendly" skill tree
-Only a few classes can rez, don't expect them to in the open world because everyone is focused on their wall of text quest log
-Outdated graphics vs top quality modern graphics
-Forced to pay a subscription fee
-Forced to have "item level x" or tank/healer to go do dungeons
And really there's so, so much more.

"Have fun," to the people that want to continue to play this stuff, but I've had my fill a long time ago in Wrath when the story started in WC3 was wrapped up.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2012, 17:10.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare
28. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare Oct 4, 2012, 16:53 WyldKat

Carcifier wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:47:
I love how this guy, the "lead designer", seems to complain about F2P and designing games for money...

WTF was TOR?!?!?!?!?

YOU MADE A WOW CLONE!

That's not a money grab, attempt?

No wonder you failed, you didn't even know what the hell you were making.

Oh I'm sure they knew exactly what they were making however they sold the lie to themselves that their game was a unique snowflake and wasn't like game X because of their story or that it was Star Wars or for whatever reason.

I still personally contend that not only was it too much like WoW, it wasn't ENOUGH like Star Wars Galaxies. Many of us enjoyed a lot of aspects in SWG, even after SOE ruined it. The space combat was still top notch, so was the player housing system. The faction PVP was even LOADS better than what we got with Ilum, especially when you could have AT-STs and Stormtroopers at your command taking over towns and that actually MEANT something.

I played SWTOR for 3 weeks... the final week of the first month I was so burnt out on the broken and downright boring end-game that I was only logging on for guild activities. When I played that Rakghoul rubbish the night before they wanted to charge me, I unsubscribed in disgust.

Meanwhile with GW2, six weeks later and I'm still playing it like a crack addicted monkey even at level 80 because I've only explored 42% of the huge game world, haven't collected all the armor/legendaries I want, I have a ton of alts to level because I love how different the classes feel, and I love WvW every time I step foot in it and this is a game I don't have to feel shamed into playing because of a subscription fee. There are still bugs with GW2 and the "personal story" wasn't presented as well as SWTOR, but it's SO fun to just PLAY, SWTOR was only enjoyable to WATCH.

News Comments > Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Announced
7. Re: Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Announced Oct 2, 2012, 18:53 WyldKat

With Fire and Sword turned me off, mostly because of the gun stuff. If I wanted that I could download one of the various line battle mods.

Warband was my first but I have to say I was disappointed that online was basically team deathmatch, I was hoping for the grand strategy of the single player game to be included in the multiplayer.

I'm excited to see what we get with M&B2.

News Comments > XCOM Shooter Going Third-Person?
30. Re: XCOM Shooter Going Third-Person? Oct 1, 2012, 19:19 WyldKat

I think an XCOM shooter could work but from what I saw of that video below what they have looks incredibly boring, though I do like the setting. The aliens however are all wrong. Where's the sectoids?

Instead of trying to BE the XCOM strategy game, they should have gone for a four player CoOp game without a heavy reliance on cover instead of ordering around AI and ruining the flow of a shooter. Let people kit out their characters with whatever skills/weapons/items they want and still have the research stuff if they wish.

Maybe even play up the early 60s setting by having some B-movie monster types like giant spiders too?

I think it would be a fairly mediocre game if it were just a new IP, as it stands with the XCOM branding and going up against the new, real, XCOM game (especially with the "tactical" elements in this) they're going to end up a lot worse off for it.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dishonored
23. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 30, 2012, 07:05 WyldKat

This one looks pretty neat and I'll always fondly remember Arkane because of Arx Fatalis. I'll be waiting though. I'm far too busy with Guild Wars 2, Torchlight 2, Planetside 2 (we sure like our sequels don't we?), and upcoming X-COM. There's also a beta with big stompy robots and another one with airplanes but I don't play those much.

Oh and there's also Kerbal Space Program. I had my fill with FTL. Once you beat it a few times with different ships the formula starts getting stale. It would be nice if the game was freeform open-world that allowed for space trading/piracy/and other cool Elite/Privateer stuff but with the gameplay of FTL. The same old end boss is just... blah.

News Comments > Star Wars: the Old Republic Patched
4. Re: Star Wars: the Old Republic Patched Sep 27, 2012, 00:59 WyldKat

The unspeakable horror will be another Taris planet....filled with Rakghoul.....pandas.....

...Rakghoul pandas that sound like Jar Jar Binks.

Lorcin wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 23:07:
I don't want f2p - but is there enough high end content to start paying for this again yet?

High end content was always the worst part of this game.

News Comments > The Secret World Patched
9. Re: The Secret World Patched Sep 19, 2012, 16:51 WyldKat

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 13:35:
SimplyMonk wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 12:16:
sauron wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 11:54:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 11:09:
I'm not trying to troll or anything deger, but you seem to have a hatred for gaming and MMO's in particular. Honestly like to know how that happened.

That's easy, he's head of game development at Electronic Arts!

*drumroll and cymbal, boom-boom!*

*/bows*

That is scary in both concept and the fact that this being the internet, that is entirely possible.

There is a writer at Bioware who doesn't like playing videogames, that's the kind of industry it is these days

Yeah... she caused quite a bit of an uproar (rightfully so) when she mentioned that games should have a skip game/combat feature so you could see the next part of the story.

There's still great gaming companies out there, but Bioware is no longer one of them.

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo