Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Dec 31, 2012, 14:34 WyldKat

Wow... they actually compare gaming to cancer... Fuck those hacks.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Isle Fundraiser
17. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 21, 2012, 02:00 WyldKat

What a joke...you don't even get a copy of the game at any pledge level.  

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2012, 15:23 WyldKat

Uhh... Earth to WarZ devs, DayZ fanboys are YOUR market too.  

News Comments > Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer
20. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 15:21 WyldKat

Xil wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:49:
why so much attention to this game, because of Molyneux ? I would rather see something like Forsaken Fortress get a little bit of attention, its so close to making/not making it... they can use the PR more then molyneux... ymho

Wow, that looks awesome!

A bit rough around the edges, but I suppose that should be expected for an indie game of that scope.

A bit Fallout meets Sim City and The Sims, I hope it does well.

News Comments > Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer
19. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 15:16 WyldKat

Dev wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 14:43:
Christ Roberts is also pushing this GODUS thing on his star citizen kickstarter. Ugh. That gives me ton's of hope for Star Citizen... Not.

I only backed star citizen because a $30 slot opened up. Despite all my reservations, I still have some hope for star citizen.

I'm not going to back this thing, I might get it when it comes out, IF it gets good enough reviews.

Chris is just being a bro. He liked Peter's old games and he wants to see him succeed. Chris has even said multiple times that he wants to see David Braben's Elite project get funded and funded well, even though it's a direct competitor to Star Citizen.

His choosing of which games to back does not, in any way, influence the quality of Star Citizen.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
21. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Dec 18, 2012, 16:09 WyldKat

Flatline wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:57:
GW2 has had a crazy content update schedule. I just find myself burning out on it after playing for a month or two and need a break. Which thankfully I can do.

That's one of the best things about a Buy2Play game. You can set it down and come back to it later, play the new content, and still have a great value for your money.

Honestly I wasn't expecting this level of commitment from ArenaNet. I told myself the holy grail of content updates would be how Rift did it, the only Pay2Play game that has ever made me feel I got my $15/mo worth. I didn't expect ArenaNet to put out that much content, but they have.

Also it should be said that each content update in GW2 so far has had new voice overs. It's not to the extent of SWTOR to be fair, but hey it is new voice overs.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
18. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Dec 18, 2012, 15:38 WyldKat

Meanwhile GW2 players will be getting an expansions worth of content, for free, from the January/February game updates.

Source

News Comments > Endless Space Free Weekend
3. Re: Endless Space Free Weekend Nov 29, 2012, 21:51 WyldKat

I wonder if we'll ever get a GalCiv 3? I loved the ship building in GalCiv 2.  

News Comments > Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions
8. Re: Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions Nov 29, 2012, 21:43 WyldKat

Subscription games are a thing of the past, Guild Wars 2 has proved it. Not even EA's behemoth The Old Republic could even make subscriptions work for one year. Also it's a fair point to mention that Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous will have multiplayer (with Star Citizen actually having an MMO component) and neither will have subscriptions.

I think Notch is seriously over valuing 0x10c if he thinks it's worthy of a subscription over higher quality games, even ones in 0x10c's genre.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Nov 25, 2012, 15:37 WyldKat

DangerDog wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 14:33:
Hasn't Roberts cheated a little bit by showing in game graphics of Star Citizen using Cryengine 3, or is that the engine he's going to use for the game.

Star Citizen is using CryEngine 3. The CryEngine is really capable of some amazing stuff beyond FPSs. For example there was that fan created Mechwarrior total conversion that was really good, I think even MWO uses it too.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
7. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Nov 25, 2012, 15:25 WyldKat

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 12:54:
Looks alright, but nothing on Star Citizen.

I'll be playing both, though admittedly I'm more excited for Star Citizen because of the MMO portion, huge multiplayer ships, being able to run around on foot, and a hand crafted universe. Also Chris Roberts has always had the immersion factor nailed down by adding NPCs, news articles, places you can visit off the ship and other tidbits that make you feel part of the universe.

I think Elite will be great for exploration type gameplay, because the procedural generation will have just so many more places to see.

Ultimately though, 2014 looks like it will be a great year for space sim and scifi game fans.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM
34. Re: Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM Nov 18, 2012, 03:46 WyldKat

Thinking I might be able to scrap together $60 to get the Origin 300i before this ends but then I see there's one with a pirate ship WITH lifetime insurance. For a high-risk vessel that seems like a hell of a deal.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - RIFT: Storm Legion
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - RIFT: Storm Legion Nov 14, 2012, 01:22 WyldKat

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 23:35:
If GW2 doesn't keep churning out new content/progression, I will easily jump back to Rift...Rift was such a fun game on every level.

Only reason I stopped playing was because of the guild I was in.

I agree. Rift was the only MMO other than sandbox ones that never made me regret my sub because of all the new content they pumped into it. That GW2 is doing it without a monthly sub blows my mind a little bit.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - RIFT: Storm Legion Nov 13, 2012, 19:50 WyldKat

sauron wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 17:03:
WyldKat wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 16:01:
Cutter wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 12:52:
$50 for an expansion and a monthly fee? Lulz.

Yeah... Rift was fun back when sub games were the only real option. But umm... GW2... over two months in and there's still loads of stuff I haven't done, not to mention a new dungeon, zone, and PVP map coming this week. All that for a one time fee of $60, you can't beat that.

I'm addicted to GW2, to the extent that I haven't even installed the copy of Skyrim or any of the other games I picked up in the summer sale (not quite true, I did play ME2 for an hour). No grind, great graphics, immersive world, encourages collaboration, log on for an hour here and there and still get stuff done. Really well put together, great game design.

I'm also anticipating running dungeons when hitting level 80. In other MMOs it takes ages to put a group together (no tank, no healer etc), but in this one it takes like 5 minutes and the dungeons all seem to take half an hour to finish. And there's still lots of strategy involved in a good run done by skilled players. Fun fun fun, and no monthly fee.

Skyrim was my love affair for like.. four months. I still love it and I really want to get the DLC sometime, too. It's just that it's singleplayer and I tend to devote more time to stuff I can do with friends. GW2 has pretty much dominated my gaming time because of this.

As far as dungeons, I run a lot of them. Some are designed really well, and are what I call challenging but fair dungeons. Others are downright broken. Still, the dungeon content is pretty good just bear in mind that if you go in with 5 DPS you might be able to get through it just not without a hefty repair bill. Having a support player, especially playing a class that does great support like Ele/Necro/Guardian, will make things smoother and ultimately, more fun.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - RIFT: Storm Legion Nov 13, 2012, 16:01 WyldKat

Cutter wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 12:52:
$50 for an expansion and a monthly fee? Lulz.

Yeah... Rift was fun back when sub games were the only real option. But umm... GW2... over two months in and there's still loads of stuff I haven't done, not to mention a new dungeon, zone, and PVP map coming this week. All that for a one time fee of $60, you can't beat that.

The only thing this Rift expansion has up on GW2 is player housing. Something I really hope ArenaNet picks up for GW2.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 11, 2012, 03:40 WyldKat

Needs more lens flare, I could still see the actors.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter
32. Re: Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Nov 6, 2012, 15:23 WyldKat

I really would like to see this succeed, but a new Elite has been vaporware for nearly two decades now. His Kickstarter page is even worrisome. Chris Roberts has been catching a lot of flak despite showing people a functional tech demo along with loads of concept art. Elite: Dangerous doesn't even have concept art. I wish them all the best but this is not the way to do a Kickstarter that inspires confidence.  

News Comments > Firefly HD Games Next Month
11. Re: Firefly HD Games Next Month Oct 26, 2012, 19:00 WyldKat

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 13:47:
We want a game based on Firefly. I am a leaf on the wind.

Yes we do.

I think Star Citizen is as close as we're gonna get to it for awhile. If they follow through with the private servers that support modding though, you could actually have a Firefly class ship and crew it with your friends.

They've also mentioned it will be possible to upgrade your cargo hold to make it unscannable to police vessels, meaning that there will very likely be contraband to trade in. I know Privateer had that feature too... oh man I ran so many guns and drugs from the secret pirate base...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2012, 16:04 WyldKat

Cutter wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 16:00:
Oh yeah. almost forgot Halloween event starts in GW2 today! See you in there ya jerks!

I logged on hoping to browse the gem shop and check out the events. Apparently they haven't flipped the switch yet. Oh well, guess I'll have to go back to playing the rest of this awesome game. XD

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Halloween Plans Oct 17, 2012, 17:21 WyldKat

My guild has been delving more and more into explorable dungeons and not just Sorrow's Embrace. Sorrow's Embrace has been on farm status for weeks now, luckily SE offers two really good survivability sets, one more for DPS and another that's more "tanky" because of the Vitality stat. I've still only explored 42% of the game world on my main.

This game is huge, and I'm still in awe that I only paid $60 for it. I've also bought many things from the gem store (mostly character slots and bank tabs) but I haven't spent a dime of USD, I just converted gold to gems.

I'm really thrilled about the Halloween event. It's my favorite holiday and it sounds like they've added more than just Halloween stuff in this with the bit about mini-dungeons and bosses. I hope they're able to keep up this level of content releases. Rift spoiled me in that regard.

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo