Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for theSAWzall

Real Name theSAWzall   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 9, 2006, 18:09
Total Comments 35 (Suspect)
User ID 24504

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 17:11 theSAWzall

"Second Amendment Rights Gone Wrong."
More like procreation gone wrong!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > F1 Online: The Game Beta Opens
2. Re: F1 Online: The Game Beta Opens Jun 26, 2012, 22:18 theSAWzall

Ugh, a 3rd person driver? Click to accelerate, mouse to steer?!? No thanks!  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2008, 13:40 theSAWzall

I can't believe it is snowing here. I am still wearing my Phillies cap and it is snowing!  

16. Re: Imax Jul 21, 2008, 13:12 theSAWzall

I thought it was just me or because I was seeing it at the Drive-In (not the best screen or sound). I couldn't concentrate on the movie as people were walking past and cars occasionally starting up. Whole sections of the plot didn't connect for me.

Know I have to decide if I want to see the whole thing again at a proper theater or not.

11. Batman IMAX Jul 18, 2008, 13:35 theSAWzall

I've got friends going to see it in IMAX next week. I already had plans to go to a drive-in theater on Saturday, but didn't know the movies showing. It was announced yesterday to be Batman TDK.

I wouldn't mind seeing it in the drive-in later, but would rather see it on a decent screen first and IMAX would be awesome.

16. Re: SMART cars Jun 26, 2008, 13:59 theSAWzall

I saw them at the Auto Show last Feb. http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=79476372%40N00&q=smart&m=text I was impressed by how much space is fit into the package. I don't remember what the price started at, but yeah, the mileage isn't much better than other cars. Reviews I've read said the highway driving experience was frightening. Maybe a good second car for only around-town driving? Edit: Interesting thing is it's Rear-Wheel drive, with the engine under the floor in the back.

My higher mileage hopes are on the Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems the Formula 1 race teams are developing for next season. They're supposed to store kinetic energy into a flywheel or battery.

For the years when I've regretted buying a boring car, I'm now happy I bought a Corolla.

This comment was edited on Jun 26, 14:00.

20. Re: No subject May 7, 2008, 13:22 theSAWzall

I used to love iRiver's players too. I had one of their CD-based players when the HD based players cost too much for me. Then I got their H-120 hard-drive based player. They continue to knock out some beautiful hardware, but really don't focus on getting the features in that would knock the iPod off the throne. Plus they focus on their home market of Korea, so don't really care about the rest of the world.

Right now I make do with a Sansa Express. Way better than the Shuffle and about the same price. It's gumpack sized but comes with a display and SD-card slot also has a USB plug right on it and will do drag & drop and function as a thumbdrive. My biggest problem is it doesn't support proper playlists.

I'm back to a longer commute so might consider something that will hold my whole music collection again.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: No subject Apr 10, 2008, 12:56 theSAWzall

Here's the one I bought 2 years ago. I don't think it was shot in widescreen, so they'd have to do some work to make blu-ray worthwhile.
http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Complete-Nathan-Fillion/dp/B0000AQS0F/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1207846356&sr=1-1

5. Scientists Create Glow-In-The-Dark Cats Dec 13, 2007, 13:19 theSAWzall

LOLcat tagline:
"Some1 turn owt the lights, I tryin to slep"

News Comments > Thursday Game Reviews
1. Julie Saves the Eagles Dec 13, 2007, 13:05 theSAWzall

I don't know who this girl is, but I welcome her addition to the team. I'd also like to take this time to honor the many years that either Donovan Mcnabb or Andy Reid contributed to the Philadelphia Eagles and wish them well on their next endeavor. Maybe we still have a chance of making the playoffs after all!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. FiOS Nov 14, 2007, 12:58 theSAWzall

They appear to be installing FIOS in my neighborhood. They came through last week and marked all the utilities inside my apartment complex. Apparently the water mains were forgotten as they broke one making a nice scene in the parking lot.

This only confirms my theory that broadband is somehow related to water. When our DSL used to go out at work it usually coincided with the nearby creek rising.

3. Re: No subject Oct 31, 2007, 10:17 theSAWzall

You could dye him a different color. Probably a little late for that but saw it on the news recently.

http://cbs3.com/pets/dog.decorating.holiday.2.412522.html

The poor dog has got to be wondering "Why is my ass orange now?"

9. Re: Skunks... Oct 5, 2007, 13:25 theSAWzall

I know a guy who demolished his house and rebuilt on the same property partially due to Skunks living in his crawlspace.

For some reason we have a lot of them here in Bucks county, PA. I see more skunk roadkill than squirrel roadkill around here!

9. No subject Oct 1, 2007, 12:49 theSAWzall

'round here the colors are changing. Everything's going from green to red. Well colors are really changing again as all the fans put the Eagles gear aside for the Phillies colors!

Hope you got some joy out of the Giants win. Maybe I'll have to become a baseball fan.

29. Re: No subject Sep 24, 2007, 16:06 theSAWzall

It'd make sense for a Home Theater PC. I still have to get a Tuner and surround system to hook mine into.

As long as they win, they can wear whatever fugly colors they want. Somehow the cheerleaders still looked good (the camerman and producers also thought so).

Those colors are also on the Philly city seal. I've only ever seen it in color on the subway cars...fugly there too!

23. Re: Computer repost from last night Sep 19, 2007, 17:15 theSAWzall

"That's the only part about building computers that I absolutely hate, not knowing what of those core parts is fubar'd without having to go out and buy and replace parts at random. And that doesn't help when I'm building it at 1 AM."
No kidding.

Just got 2 new machines at work. We found both have a hardware conflict between the DVD drive and the network card. Had to install one piece of software with the network cable unplugged. It didn't help that I then had to re-install that program twice as the updating component got stuck.

I'd rather be outside today. For some reason Mount St. Helens looks particularly majestic today.
http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/static-highdef.php
http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=79476372%40N00&q=%22Mount+St.+Helens%22&m=text

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 17:17.

News Comments > European Street Racing Demo
2. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2007, 16:53 theSAWzall

Funny!

What options are there for the car-free city streets of the Italian Hilltowns? Will Vespa's be the starter vehicle or Renault 2CV's? Will the Bobby's on the streets of London map beat you to death with their nightsticks if you drive into the city on the wrong day?

18. No subject Jul 16, 2007, 15:09 theSAWzall

"Bull gores Philly man at Pamplona (Warning Graphic Image)"

I was struck by how graphic, but not gory that image was. Kind of ironic, since he's being gored by the bull.

11. No subject Jun 28, 2007, 13:25 theSAWzall

"The last few days we have had classic summer weather here in the northeast, with temperatures and humidity both well into the 90s."

Just returned from a business trip to New Orleans. Weather was the same there as here in Philly! I guess the air can only get so humid.

6. The Sopranos - The Finale HBO Didn't Jun 21, 2007, 13:37 theSAWzall

I get Pizza from the guy who gets off the stool and goes into the bathroom.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111-06092007-1360360.html

35 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo