Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 700 (Apprentice)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
43. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 17, 2014, 01:05 bigspender

Devo_N wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 23:44:
OUCH

Kosumo wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 19:38:
Chirs Roberts will now be offering a $50 million stretch goal of a Coke machine for the hangar for melee combat training.

If this were true, it would still be one thing better than most traditional AAA developers. How many EA games do you know of where they offer you additional content (no matter how useless) when their game sells big? none Infact they do the opposite, if the game sells past a certain target, they will release a DLC for you to pay again.

20. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 16, 2014, 19:07 bigspender

Wolfox wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 18:59:
bigspender wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 18:57:
you've done it now boy!

Yeah, that was kind of the joke, you know.

Evil Voice:

"The ones a zeros began to swirl into a vortex of indistinguishable numbers. Out from the eye of the vortex emerged the hand, and it began to type prophecies onto the keyboard of hell. Prophecies so dark, so bitter, so twisted, that it could mean only one thing. Derek Smart was making yet another game, but no ordinary game. This game will be the most imaginative, massive and revolutionary that not a single thing in the game would be polished enough to make any part of it fun. Yes I see it now, its Line of Defense. A game where you can do anything, go anywhere, but where the texture resolution is so low it looks like you are shrunken mouse man walking in a corridor of giants. A game where the universe is at your finger tips, but very same game has menus that will make your finger tips cry out in pain."

well you get the idea

18. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 16, 2014, 18:57 bigspender

Wolfox wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 18:55:
That's Derek Smart being Derek Smart. Nothing to see here.

P.S.: The update has some words in caps. Taking out the proper names (like GALCOM) and acronyms, this is what you get:

LOT
SMALL
MASSIVE
NO

I wonder what that means.

P.S. 2: Wow, I just noticed I almost said Derek Smart three times! That was close, I supp... oh.

you've done it now boy!

also what do those capital words mean? means that he's a psychopath and that his grammar is poor lol.

14. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 16, 2014, 18:53 bigspender

I basically read that as
"FUCK YOU GAMING DICKHEADS - now buy my game.... P.S. everyone else in the gaming industry sucks."

Sounds like one of the less than ten people should have learnt a bit about PR, or at least someone that can hold back their bitterness during announcements.

also yeah, early access is crap - what I would give for a game that is released as a finished product these days.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 15, 2014, 23:43 bigspender

im gonna need a few of those cheap 800 GTX video cards so i can run Mass Effect 3 in 8K

4K is so 2013

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 12, 2014, 23:33 bigspender

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 19:40:
Wow, honestly who gives a fuck what gender the character is...

1. It's about equal representation of gender and race.'

2. People enjoying playing as characters that they can identify with, fun aside, it generates more sales as it opens the game up to a wider audience.

3. Its boring as all hell having the same the exact hero character in every single game, especially in a game where you can choose your character, some REAL variety would be nice.

4. I don't care cause Farcry 3 and 4 are for dudebros.

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
59. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 19:41 bigspender

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 18:49:
lets face it, most women are that evil, they just hold it in check for 'special occasions'

Yes and all black people can play a bass guitar and choose not to ... :S

And in the next forum people will complain that their wife/gf/interest do not play games...

News Comments > Magicka 2 Announced
12. Re: Magicka 2 Announced Jun 10, 2014, 20:59 bigspender

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 13:54:
I've tried the original Magicka at least 3 times, both SP and MP with friends, and it never grabbed me. I could never get used to the spell system somehow.

The spell system was the key to enjoying this game I think also the internet memes and pop culture references lurking in every corner made it funny.

I love that at the start, and also if under pressure you really felt like an apprentice magician, accidentally dropping boulders onto your own head or pushing your friends of cliffs as you tried to combo up a big spell.
Because thats exactly the kind of magician we all would be if we suddenly picked up these crazy powers overnight.

News Comments > DOOM Teaser Trailer
15. Re: DOOM Teaser Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 19:34 bigspender

This trailer just made you all its bitch  

News Comments > 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed
28. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 6, 2014, 02:52 bigspender

6MB of RAM? Guess I'll have to pull out the old Pentium 75mhz for this game  

News Comments > Dying Light E3 Trailer
9. Re: Dying Light E3 Trailer Jun 4, 2014, 19:34 bigspender

Is it just me or did the graphics look nowhere near as good as any of the previous stuff?

Seemed like it was really jaggy and no HBAO, and not HDR lighting.
Console trailer?

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Announced
17. Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced Jun 3, 2014, 04:31 bigspender

mk3 ftw - fast and fun - great soundtrack

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
72. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 1, 2014, 23:13 bigspender

wow the responses in this thread really just show how rampant sexism is....

typical forums I guess, anecdotal claims vs anecdotal claims - read the independent research and the stats speak for themselves.

News Comments > DCS: F-86F Sabre Announced
27. Re: DCS: F-86F Sabre Announced May 31, 2014, 03:31 bigspender

SpectralMeat wrote on May 30, 2014, 16:10:
DangerDog wrote on May 30, 2014, 16:07:
I want to see them make an F35 sim that's accurate down to the engine start protocols.
Did you guys see that video I posted yesterday about the DCS-A10 start up protocols. It literally was like 20 minutes to get everything started and checked to roll out the run way.
Just insane, these "games" should be used to teach people how to fly these planes.

It takes less than 4 minutes if you know what you are doing its just a matter of knowing roughly the right steps, batteries, auxiliary power, fuel pumps, engines - and all of the Nav and misc stuff in between. And its pretty much the same procedure for most aircraft.

Also DCS is used to train real A-10C pilots, the public release of DCS is almost the same as the real simulator, except it has all of the classified stuff removed or replaced.

Its one of the most rewarding "games" i've played tbh its easier than Dark Souls and is just as much fun with a few friends

News Comments > New Battlefield Details Leaked?
7. Re: New Battlefield Details Leaked? May 27, 2014, 21:10 bigspender

Rattlehead wrote on May 27, 2014, 21:01:
If they are gonnna annualize this, it's cool that they are actually branching off into new territory. It's been a long time since we got a decent SWAT/Police game. I still play SWAT 4 from time to time and while I know this won't be nearly as tactical I hope it satisfies my fix for knowing that there will never be SWAT 5.

This will just be a grenade spam game, with all of the maps being like that 64 player metro map in BF3.

News Comments > New Battlefield Details Leaked?
6. Re: New Battlefield Details Leaked? May 27, 2014, 21:09 bigspender

in my day, Battlefield games were actually, you know, on a battlefield

News Comments > Crytek Announces Arena of Fate
29. Re: Crytek Announces Arena of Fate May 22, 2014, 22:21 bigspender

I mostly don't understand what makes MOBAs so popular. And now all of these clones too, imagine if every doom clone just had a few maps, but they were all essentially just 3 parallel hallways...

This comment was edited on May 22, 2014, 22:27.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
8. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer May 22, 2014, 00:48 bigspender

mellis wrote on May 21, 2014, 20:56:
You wish Batman would just start killing the villains. I mean, you'd think after 3+ outings (Asylum, City etc), the population of Gotham would be getting a little tired of being whittled down by homicidal maniacs, especially given their reoffending rate.

Because Batman is not judge, jury, and executioner!

News Comments > Offworld Trading Company Announced
7. Re: Offworld Trading Company Announced May 19, 2014, 22:17 bigspender

The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2014, 19:55:
How about some fucking pictures of the game instead of slathering 'BUY NOW!' on the front page?

+1

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation May 19, 2014, 18:05 bigspender

is this the same guy that reckons pirates are the reason why Crysis games are dull and have no actually gameplay?  

700 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo