Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 720 (Apprentice)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock: Infinite E3 Trailer
7. Re: BioShock: Infinite E3 Trailer Jul 9, 2011, 18:50 bigspender

Doma wrote on Jul 9, 2011, 18:27:
that... looks pretty boring.

Think I'll pass

it really does look boring - i'm having a hard time trying to understand what you actually do to PLAY the game, seems like you just walk from one canned/scripted animation/event to another one.

like i'm wondering at the beginning when the room is being scanned - what if you don't duck behind the table? I bet nothing happens regardless of what you do.

News Comments > On BF3 Multiplayer
10. Re: On BF3 Multiplayer Jun 30, 2011, 18:38 bigspender

64 player conquest IS the only way to play a battlefield game. everyone else can go somewhere else for all i care!

also i'd be all over ARMA, if the game was more playable. Even basic things like moving your character feels really frustrating.

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned
27. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 06:11 bigspender

looking at the gallery the gfx are nice - but when i played the game they didn't look even as good as the low settings ones. Maybe they needed to slow the game down into a more atmospheric experience so you actually notice the detail.

and yes some of the models were really strange looking size and proportion wise.

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned
12. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 00:12 bigspender

crysis 2 was one of the most boring games i've ever played. there were only two types of enemies for starters...

the graphics weren't even 'that' good. we'll at least the art style wasnt.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Co-op Plans?
19. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-op Plans? Jun 18, 2011, 08:53 bigspender

Jerykk wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 17:21:
That's how SC: Conviction's coop/infiltration modes work, actually. If one guy gets to the trigger before the other a "wait for teammate" sign pops up and you're physically barred from going further until the other player enters the room with you.

Yeah, that's the last thing I'd want to experience in an ME game, particularly in the hubs where I like to go around and explore.

then don't play co-op - the rest of us will still enjoy it

15. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-op Plans? Jun 17, 2011, 03:57 bigspender

Surf wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 21:27:
System Shock 2 had internet campaign coop in 1999 and it STILL works today. AND you can save your games and come back later.

Why is this so hard to do today? Most people love campaign coop, the most recent is Shogun Total War 2. While it had a rocky start, they fixed it in a few weeks and now it is perfect!

+1

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-op Plans? Jun 16, 2011, 19:34 bigspender

co-op pLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its the only thing missing from making this game awesome.  

News Comments > DICE Addresses Battlefield 3 Preorder Questions
3. Re: DICE Addresses Battlefield 3 Preorder Questions Jun 13, 2011, 22:33 bigspender

wow dice are giving away free weapons? sweet i'm pre-ordering!

thanks for making such a racket about this issue - otherwise i never would have pre-ordered had i not known about the free weapons and free expansion pack.

awesome sauce!

News Comments > Robin Bonus for Batman: Arkham City
2. Re: Robin Bonus for Batman: Arkham City Jun 13, 2011, 22:29 bigspender

oh no not robin he's just a dick  

News Comments > Molyneux on Fable Kinect Demo "Horrendous Mistake"
20. Re: Molyneux on Fable Kinect Demo Jun 10, 2011, 20:40 bigspender

rails or not, its shit.

Molyneux is a smug moron that knows nothing making a decent game.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Open Beta in September, Game in October
27. Re: Battlefield 3 Open Beta in September, Game in October Jun 7, 2011, 07:01 bigspender

Surf wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 00:47:
I dont use steam unless the game forces it.

I simply use Skype. It does EVERYTHING we need and the VOIP is perfect without any lag.

Time to ditch the exclusive shit be it Steam, Origins or whatever.

mumble is the best app for gaming chat (or even social) no more delay than a phone. and heaps and heaps of control.

News Comments > Wired 3D Vision Glasses
4. Re: Wired 3D Vision Glasses May 31, 2011, 20:54 bigspender

webname wrote on May 31, 2011, 20:24:
just curious , i still have an old philips 20inch crt that will go past 120hz, would that mean it will do for 3d, its the 120hz thats important
( not to miss the ms malware OS of course

should actually work funnily enough

News Comments > Wired 3D Vision Glasses
2. Re: Wired 3D Vision Glasses May 31, 2011, 19:10 bigspender

hmm might give it a go now - although i'm enjoying 120hz on 2d though  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer
23. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 19:26 bigspender

actually i just realised that this will keep all of the annoying assholes busy, so they won't ruin and troll my battlefield servers. thanks

so many dickheads in badcompany 2 lately...and they all smack of blackops.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer
22. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 19:16 bigspender

LOL BF3 rip off much?

same areas of the world
falling buildings (although scripted)
even the bloody music is the same in the trailer!

tbh the single player looks OK, wouldn't touch MP when i can do more and it looks way better in BF3

News Comments > ARMA 3 Announced
43. Re: ARMA 3 Announced May 20, 2011, 03:55 bigspender

awesome graphics check
awesome vehicles check
being able to play the game cause the controls aren't shit... not check...

i really hope they make the controls more accessible - it doesn't have to be COD/BF controls (which are perfect if you ask me when it comes to fun shooters) I don't mind a bit of realism.

but the old ARMA's and even first flashpoint, the controls are so shit it feels like its a job and not a game. you aren't having fun, you are working.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Audio Teasers
3. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Audio Teasers May 14, 2011, 19:23 bigspender

cinematic destruction? pfft we're doing dynamic destruction in 2011 people

News Comments > AvP Sequel Downplayed
18. Re: AvP Sequel Downplayed May 13, 2011, 00:15 bigspender

come on - crysis engine, squad full of badass rescue team types in columbia. oh wait thats predator.

well nevermind...

I think colonial marines (if gearbox software ever release the damn thing) will be awesome. it basically copies the good bits from the movies. perfect.

News Comments > RAGE "Shrouded Clan" Trailer
32. Re: RAGE "Shrouded Clan" Trailer May 5, 2011, 22:04 bigspender

*crosses fingers for a co-op campaign mod*

It looks fun - what more do you want?

News Comments > Game Reviews
13. Re: Game Reviews May 3, 2011, 19:07 bigspender

wrlwnd wrote on May 3, 2011, 11:57:
How does that translate into awesome at $50 a pop? Are we really that desperate for a good game?

while i wouldn't give portal 2 anything over 7 or even 8/10, yes we are desperate for a good game - there has been nothing recently apart for a few short ones like Magicka

720 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo