Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 707 (Apprentice)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > GameStop & Stardock Retail/Digital Deal
4. Re: GameStop & Stardock Retail/Digital Deal Apr 4, 2012, 23:04 bigspender

ummm...

so if i've already gone to the store to get a game, why would I want to walk out of the store with a coupon - when I could just grab the DVD while i'm already there?

duuuuuuuuurrrrrrr

the whole point of digital download is so you don't need to go to a store..

News Comments > 0x10c, Mojang's Space Adventure Details
7. Re: 0x10&#8198;&#872; , Mojang's Space Adventure Details Apr 3, 2012, 22:02 bigspender

please employ some artists this time round - No.1 reason i'm not playing minecraft is that it feels like i'm getting poked in the eyes with lego blocks, cause the pixels are that freakin' huge.

i understand its going for a simple look, but that can be achieved while still looking nice.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
8. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Mar 27, 2012, 19:24 bigspender

and if its not spoilers then its some annoying developer going on and on about how good they think they are....  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Trailer; Preorder Bonus & CEs Detailed
4. Re: Assassin's Creed III Trailer; Preorder Bonus & CEs Detailed Mar 27, 2012, 01:47 bigspender

shame about all of the sci-fi virtual reality nonsense in this series..... really ruins the atmosphere when you are trying to play a fantasy game.

its almost like playing game that controls a character that plays a different game...

kinda like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw8gE3lnpLQ

News Comments > Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage
12. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 24, 2012, 21:39 bigspender

gilly775 wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 19:34:
bigspender wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 19:01:
EDIT: seems like max brooks is the only person that can do zombies right... lets hope this will be as good as the books (yeah i know...) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

walking dead is 2 dimensional boring people arguing amount stuff that seems pretty irrelevant for 95% of each episode, and then a 60 second zombie encounter... yay.. NOT.

they are up to like 20 episodes or something and yet, the dumb idiots are still don't have any type of body armour, they don't have walkie talkies (thats what they should call the show actually, cause thats all that bloody HAPPENS!!) or any other kind of communication devices, they didn't even have an escape plan from their location.

i periodically watch an episode when nothing else is on, and its always dissapointing.

/nerdrage

back to breakfast

Awesome. Another person who doesn't get it. Look WD is a story of psychological horror between people themselves in a situation of a zombie apocalypse. It's not a flat out gore type of show where you get to see consistent blood and guts. If you want that, there probably thousands of "B" flick movies to satisfy your quench.

This show looks at it from the human side. Think about what would you do in this situation. Power struggles? Probably. Hysterical people? Yes. Would you find body armor? Probably not. Walkie Talkies? Maybe not if other survivors got to them first. Rick basically said in the last episode that they need a safe place to live in. That's few and far between. Look at it from the psychological point. Just because you think you get it doesn't mean everyone else does.

You really don't know how you or anyone else would react.

There is plenty of gore in the show, thats not what i'm annoyed at. I'm annoyed at the show taking a really interesting concept - end of the world / zombies / survival - and then making it completely boring - that must take a lot of skill to do lol

i mean if you edited 30 seconds of random zombie footage into Days of Our Lives, the show would be more or less the same.

News Comments > Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage
8. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 24, 2012, 19:01 bigspender

EDIT: seems like max brooks is the only person that can do zombies right... lets hope this will be as good as the books (yeah i know...) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

walking dead is 2 dimensional boring people arguing amount stuff that seems pretty irrelevant for 95% of each episode, and then a 60 second zombie encounter... yay.. NOT.

they are up to like 20 episodes or something and yet, the dumb idiots are still don't have any type of body armour, they don't have walkie talkies (thats what they should call the show actually, cause thats all that bloody HAPPENS!!) or any other kind of communication devices, they didn't even have an escape plan from their location.

i periodically watch an episode when nothing else is on, and its always dissapointing.

/nerdrage

back to breakfast

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2012, 19:08.

News Comments > Scrolls Will Be Scrolls
17. Re: Scrolls Will Be Scrolls Mar 11, 2012, 18:18 bigspender

should have changed the game title to:

NOT Elder Scrolls

just to provoke them

News Comments > Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced
44. Re: Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced Mar 7, 2012, 18:24 bigspender

planetside 2 is looking better everytime i read bf3 news....  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailers
10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailers Mar 7, 2012, 17:37 bigspender

Cutter wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 15:04:
First off, certifications suck.

Second if people can earn them offline and everyone is going to be equal in the end why bother having them at all?

I'm guessing that you can only upgrade one tech tree at a time, so at least initially everyone will have different specialties - but yeah 2 years down the track everyone will have everything unlocked(but then isnt that the case for all RPGs?)

It also looks like there are several other things which are unlocked via ingame XP points, so you can still earn more items the more you play.

BTW - THIS LOOKS AWESOME SO FAR!

EDIT: FREE TO PLAY AS well

News Comments > DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied
10. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 28, 2012, 23:36 bigspender

those better not be DOOM 4 screenshots.... for starters its on Earth....(if you start trying to bring realism into DEMONS INVADING MARS, then its all wrong)

They should just remake the first doom in proper 3D - they had the forumla right the first time around, why mess with it?

News Comments > The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show
14. Re: The Walking Dead Website; FAQ, Talk Show Feb 16, 2012, 03:14 bigspender

dj LiTh wrote on Feb 15, 2012, 23:46:
Wow you guys are jaded, its one of my favorite shows, better than any zombie movie thats for sure!

there is on average about 3 minutes of zombie events per episode. the rest is just a bunch of boring people arguing about unimportant stuff.

if the game is going to be as bad as the show, it will be about as good as a days of our lives game.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Mod Support
3. Re: Orcs Must Die! Mod Support Feb 16, 2012, 03:09 bigspender

SOMEONE CO-OP THIS THING ASAP!  

News Comments > Skyrim IAAS Game of the Year
27. Re: Skyrim IAAS Game of the Year Feb 10, 2012, 18:11 bigspender

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 18:04:
bigspender wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 18:02:
Yeah, sure its better, but compared to something like dragons dogma - where to combat itself is actually fun then skyrim fails big time.

skyrim also lacks a lot of the RPG features that made TES:DaggerFall so much fun. as it stands skyrim to me feels like a bland action game with a few tech trees.
Give it a couple of months, the toolset just got released. Combat revamps came for oblivion and morrowind to fix those problems too. And since the original skillsets and stats are still in the game, but hidden. They can be added back to make it more 'rpgish'.

Hell if it's that much of a problem, go grab the CK and mod it yourself and release it.

i know what you are saying, but if its that easy, why didnt bethesda delay the game for a few months and put in those features(especially after seeing that skyrim sizzle reel the other day. the damage is done, i've played the game now, so not really much incentive to go back to it.

also there is no way i'll be spending my $60 to then spend a few months of my time to make someone elses game good.

EDIT:
btw i dont mean any of this as a personal attack on anyone or your opinion. but i just didnt enjoy it because it feels like a lesser game than the previous ones to me. if you enjoyed it then great (obviously a lot of people did and thats why its winning GOTY)

..despite its flaws

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2012, 18:18.

25. Re: Skyrim IAAS Game of the Year Feb 10, 2012, 18:05 bigspender

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 17:48:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 17:33:
A bug infested game wins GOTY. I remember when only PC games suffered from this (actually I remember when even PC games had to work properly out of the box)and console games had to work. Now that console games can be patched too they are pushed out the door incomplete. Gamers sure are suckers for punishment, amazes me how this is considered normal AND acceptable now.
Bug infested? I can only remember a couple of serious bugs on release. It was by far better than oblivion in that regards. Ranting for the sake of ranting?

only a couple of serious bugs? and you are OK with that? like the one that destroys your saved games on PS3?

the only thing skyrim has going for it is that its another chapter in TES, and that all of the other similar games have been even worse.

I'm level 36 conjuration100/destruction100 mage and im still waiting for it to be fun. I feel like that after I completed the first dungeon crawl saw just about everything there was to see.

Isn't anyone else sick of:
1. go into nordic dungeon
2. kill the dude that flies out of the coffin
3. get dragon word
4. exit dungeon and kill a moronic dragon that is happy to sit infront of you and take damage.
5. spend ages trying to sell stupid dragon bones.

23. Re: Skyrim IAAS Game of the Year Feb 10, 2012, 18:02 bigspender

cronik wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 16:28:
I can't understand the people complaining about the combat in Skyrim. You played the previous games right? Combat is vastly improved in Skyrim, not a difficult feat given how poor it was in Morrowind/Oblivion, but you actually have some sense of feedback now.

Yeah, sure its better, but compared to something like dragons dogma - where to combat itself is actually fun then skyrim fails big time.

skyrim also lacks a lot of the RPG features that made TES:DaggerFall so much fun. as it stands skyrim to me feels like a bland action game with a few tech trees.

and then if you want to compare it against a game like arkham city, sure its not really the same genre, but the production values are just amazing, you feel like you are batman.

in skyrim you feel like you a wooden npc.

News Comments > Darkness II Demo
22. Re: Darkness II Demo Jan 25, 2012, 02:08 bigspender

FOV is f'cked, gave me a head ache and nausea in about 2 minutes.

not that the game is any good anyway.

News Comments > Trine 2 This Week
5. Re: Trine 2 This Week Dec 5, 2011, 23:43 bigspender

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 21:25:
Trine did NOTHING for me. Thought it was very boring and had been done before. Glad I got it for just a few bucks last year.

you didn't play it 3 player co-op with a couple of beers did you?

It wasn't deep enough, but it was a blast playing it on hard mode and you actually had to work together - with of course some friendly team killing

Really looking forward to TRINE 2! The graphics are simply beautiful, ever area of the screen is a like a masterpiece landscape painting.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch This Week
38. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch This Week Dec 5, 2011, 16:58 bigspender

I play on a server with 600 tickets, and its a much better experience, tactics and strategy actually come into play, as you can actually dedicate yourself/squad to fortifying and guarding a particular point.

or you can keep trying to capture a fortified point on the map.

With 300 or less tickets you barely get enough time to do capture a few points before the game is over.

Then again there is always rush, thats pretty good for unorganised play as it funnels everyone down a few similar paths.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch This Week
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch This Week Dec 5, 2011, 00:54 bigspender

the thing that confuses me is that, a lot of key features that were established as good ideas in previous battlefield games didn't make it into battlefield 3. its amazing.

for example the excellent squad and spawn system - why has it gone backwards?

or e.g. the chatbox. gone backwards as well

News Comments > R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War
1. Re: R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War Nov 29, 2011, 17:56 bigspender

scumbag co-op : gives you 3 characters, but only 2 players can play...  

707 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo