Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 720 (Apprentice)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?
45. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 7, 2013, 18:06 bigspender

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 18:46:
bigspender wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 18:26:
JJ Abrams can go JJ fuck himself.

If anyone from hollywood makes a Half-life movie its gonna suck. END of story.

Now if someone that is creative makes a half-life movie, e.g. the guy that did District 9, or if QT tried a sci-fi movie, it could be great.

Do half-life 1 from 3 different points of view - like in the expansion packs.
1 point of view from gordon freeman
another from Shepherd (the soldier in Opposing forces)
and another from the security guard from the Blue Shift expansion.

that would be cool.

someone give me $50 mil and i'll make a movie thats awesome.

Ah, just like people with no acting experience that think they could act in a film, people with no directing experience could take 50 million and make a great film.

No.

Funny cause I was just thinking that there are people that have heaps of experiene either acting or directing, yet they hopeless - and there is a sea of them.

44. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 7, 2013, 17:19 bigspender

Beamer wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 18:44:
bigspender wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 18:26:

Now if someone that is creative makes a half-life movie, e.g. the guy that did District 9, or if QT tried a sci-fi movie, it could be great.

that would be cool.

So... to sum up... if anyone in Hollywood does a HL movie it's going to suck, but these wo other guys who are also from Hollywood would do it well.

Riiiiiiiiight.

Also, QT doing a HL movie would just be Alyx and Gordon discussing 70s music and people they've made out with for 75 minutes, with the camera oddly lingering on Alyx's bare feet, followed by 10 minutes of action.

i'd prefer that over Half-Life: The Fast and Furious Dude Bro edition

or in JJ abrams case, lets take the cool bits from the previous movies and then write a really illogical and unbelievable script to make them roughly fit together.

26. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 6, 2013, 18:26 bigspender

that would be cool.

News Comments > Warframe Closed Beta Updated; Interview
2. Re: Warframe Closed Beta Updated; Interview Jan 31, 2013, 17:11 bigspender

this is one of those traditional games where each update and new video makes it look better and more fun than the previous video.

unlike those modern games, that seem to look worse and worse as they approach release lol.

the beta is a lot of fun with 3 friends or even randoms - its basically what mass effect would be like co-op but with better powers and moves.

News Comments > The Showdown Effect Trailer
4. Re: The Showdown Effect Trailer Jan 5, 2013, 02:25 bigspender

awww i was hoping they would make a first person magicka  

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
32. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 9, 2012, 18:00 bigspender

Is this the same Gabe Newell that was saying that Windows 8 was bad because the store is a closed environment? And now he's saying that their own "pc" is not going to be as open source as a normal pc? hahah i think he's had one too many p0rtal cakes, and the icing has gone to his brain.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II Announced
19. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 20:52 bigspender

throws money at screen.

ds1 co-op was the best game i've played in a long time.

News Comments > SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025
18. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 1, 2012, 18:57 bigspender

Axis wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 15:33:
Would love to see some stats. No clans from my gaming circles are buzzing, looking to be a dud in my present estimation.

Thats a shame I find that amazing, people will buy the same CoD game over and over but will not play a superior free game

(not saying you guys play CoD, but in general i mean)

News Comments > SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025
14. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 1, 2012, 18:21 bigspender

J wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 18:04:
Crustacean Soup wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 17:44:
J wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 17:32:
I've yet to see any real benefits to being in a squad in PS2.

• Squad bonus XP
  • Squad organization and teamwork (waypoints; nearest deploy point near leader is Green; you can see squad members on the HUD; squad text and voice communication; etc.)
  • Squad spawn beacons
  • Squad/platoon-locked vehicles are open to you (and a number of squads do lock their vehicles, even if they're open squads)

• You can solo, but it's definitely more rewarding when you're squaded.

If you're just in it for the XP, then maybe it's not that much more rewarding, but then I don't know why you'd play this game at all.
    I played four hours solo and four hours in a squad and both ended up at the same level. I found solo to be more rewarding so far, both in terms of experience points and of gameplay experiences.

Frankly I've done the squad leader thing and I know what to look for so I can position myself accordingly (in the thick of it with my heavy or flanking/supporting with my infiltrator). And with a majority of players (I have played with) in PS2 not communicating, zerging, and the way benefits are awarded, I currently find solo to be better.

public squads don't work too well unless you have a squad leader or platoon leader coordinating everything.

you'll realise that playing as an organised outfit is beneficial once you see 20 tanks roll into a base and surround it from a distance where enemy rocket launchers arent able to lock onto them. These tanks rain down fire as sunderers let lose troops that can safelty capture things in the chaos.
    Not to mention you have at least 12 or more aircraft domination in the sky and anything left on the ground.

And then you think you are safe because the vehicles can't get inside the main facility. well, thats when you create a choke point on the small unshielded exits/entrys.
    But of course the other team being organised rushes in some invisible infiltrators through the front door and some light assaults are air dropped through the top of the facility. The light assaults start shooting people from the top and back, and the infiltrators take out the shields to let the vehicles in.

Its all over pretty quickly

Unfortunetly I was on the unorganised faction when this happened to us, but it was epic to see it working, we just could not hold them off, they working perfectly in unison

News Comments > Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs?
    75. Re: Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs? Nov 27, 2012, 17:56 bigspender

wtf this has got to be a joke right?

So now when your motherboard has a minor problem, you can't just replace the mobo, you have to replace the $300 CPU as well?

AMD is looking good again.

News Comments > Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV
    16. Re: Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV Nov 22, 2012, 19:25 bigspender

coldcut wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 13:50:
    deqer wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 13:28:
    lol. fuck these newer generation games.

back in the day, in the 90s, quake 1 was released and had a console and gave you all the commands you could ever want to configure it. guess what one of those commands was? yup. fov.

people used fov 90, 100, 110, and 120. whatever they wanted.

go fuck yourselves, next-gen developers.
    I generally agree with you, but the problem is not in all "newer generation games", it's solely caused by (shitty) Console to PC ports, because for consoles, a lower FOV is correct.

the correct FOV is the one I choose to set. end of story.

oh look planetside has a built in FoV slider. whats that? its also free? *runs away*

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
    24. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 16:52 bigspender

so whats the big deal? make your game anyway you want, and then release a separate tiled application to act as a live shortcut if you so want.

or just make a normal shortcut :S

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
    16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 1, 2012, 20:32 bigspender

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 15:40:
    This was an incredibly stupid article. The author needs to stick with mobile devices if something as fundamental as a "volume" blows his mind.

yep the author is an idiot.

it took me < 5 minutes to install off a usb drive, dunno how he managed to get the install to take an hr.

it is literally 3 clicks of the next button to do a fresh install :S you could do it blind folded just about.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2
    18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2 Nov 1, 2012, 02:19 bigspender

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 20:40:
    I can't even manage 60fps on my system, even with Ambient Occlusion turned off. That's mainly because I'm playing at 2560x1600 and it doesn't support SLI. It's certainly not a very well optimised game. Black Mesa looked and performed much better.

must be something to do with your resolution or maybe even win8 (its probably not tested/optimized for win8 drivers)

im running only one gtx670 and my cpu isn't anywhere near as fast as yours(or overclocked). and getting 80fps most of the time, dips to about 50fps in heavily infested areas.
    on max detail @ 1080p.

ready room i can reach 170fps when no players are in not that it counts for much lol

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2
    10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2 Oct 31, 2012, 19:54 bigspender

good commander strategy with a team that follows orders and good team work always beat an individual 1337 player. Which is a good thing because some alien fade players can slaughter a group of unorganised marines

So you don't necessasrily need to be an FPS king to play this game, since its just as much strategy and tactics as anything else. Sure it helps if you can aim, but you can give yourself a huge advanctage by positioning yourself in a better spot of each room - and also there is plenty to do other than shoot

News Comments > No BF3 Color Grading Removal
    3. Re: No BF3 Color Grading Removal Oct 23, 2012, 21:45 bigspender

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH x10

Yes color grading is what makes the game unique, and its definitely the selling point /sarcasm.

They have no clue do they?

Anyway planetside 2 will kill this thing.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Details Near
    37. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 12, 2012, 01:14 bigspender

so where do I sign the anti-GFWL petition?

Jay - a futuristic one would be awesome, new cars, flying cars, and I can imagine that R* would do a great job of a story when it comes to humans and androids/synthetics.

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
    23. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 8, 2012, 22:28 bigspender

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 20:23:
    bigspender wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 19:44:
    when will publishers realise that many people use their gaming time as a social event - games need co-op - especially if they are these sort of hack and slash games, or adventuring games.

i played about 1/2 way through the first game, but i got bored playing on my own and didnt feel the need to return since I want to play other coop games with my friends.

also releasing a single player game at the same time as highly anticipated MMO (GW2) doesnt seem to be a good idea, just about everyone i talk to at work etc is playing it.
    /facepalm
    This is why every developer feels the need to tack on some half-assed multiplayer or co-op mode to every game, taking away resources from the single player experience. It's sad when people hate on games like Skyrim because it doesn't have co-op.

well there you go, you've uncovered the source of the problem - its the tacked on 1/2 ass'd content that makes games crap. and co-op isnt hard to do, doom 1 and 2 just had extra spawn points - not exactly a lot of effort on behalf of the devs and fun factor multipled by each additional player.

sure it made the game easier - who cares it was fun.

edit: and yes if skyrim had co-op it would be heaps more fun RPG's need proper campaign coop - its like a digitized D&D session!

the way i see it, if my friends and I are all playing the same single player game anyway, then I'd rather play it all together.

I had so much fun as a kid playing two or four player arcade and console games - before I learned how to network a 486 to play doom and heretic coop

what annoys me most about lack of co-op is games where you have AI companions throughout most of the game - I want that to be a real person playing alongside me - seems like its a lot more effort to do an AI companion than to have an extra spawn point and some basic networking code.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2012, 22:36.

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
    16. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 8, 2012, 19:44 bigspender

when will publishers realise that many people use their gaming time as a social event - games need co-op - especially if they are these sort of hack and slash games, or adventuring games.

i played about 1/2 way through the first game, but i got bored playing on my own and didnt feel the need to return since I want to play other coop games with my friends.

also releasing a single player game at the same time as highly anticipated MMO (GW2) doesnt seem to be a good idea, just about everyone i talk to at work etc is playing it.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster Pack
    1. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster Pack Aug 29, 2012, 22:52 bigspender

4 player co-op pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeee!  

720 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 12.
    < Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo