Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 713 (Apprentice)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup Feb 20, 2013, 05:49 bigspender

i know it probably makes for better gameplay, but it seems really silly how enemies from a room or warehouse next door don't join the fight, or at least they shouldn't pretend I didn't just kill about 20 of their friends in the same facility - don't tell me they didn't notice shooting, explosions, broken glass and that helicopter i shot down :S  

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
18. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 21:08 bigspender

I wonder if all of the company cars at bungie have had there steering wheels removed and they used a touchscreen to tilt left and right to steer.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - A Valley Without Wind 2
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Valley Without Wind 2 Feb 18, 2013, 20:57 bigspender

oh is this the sequel to A Game Without Fun?  

News Comments > Open Source Natural Selection 2 Lua Toolkit Released
5. Re: Open Source Natural Selection 2 Lua Toolkit Released Feb 17, 2013, 23:20 bigspender

the big update scheduled for 29th Feb

new maps
new guns
new alien abilities

performance tweaks

looking forward to it

News Comments > Destiny Announced for Consoles
18. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 20:32 bigspender

so bungie are making a game for consoles that nobody will care about in about 12 months time - which is probably when Destiny will be released.

are they morons?

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 16, 2013, 17:29 bigspender

since when is 4.9 = tolerable.
yeah hi, i just bought a car, and after driving it, I gave it a score of 4.9

yeah sure, its only got two wheels and the windows don't work - BUT IT DOES DRIVE, i guess its tolerable.

dicks.

News Comments > Warframe Open Beta
7. Re: This is Pay 2 Win rubbish. Feb 14, 2013, 17:40 bigspender

Ripperjack wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 09:28:
This game is blatiant Pay 2 Win rubbish, which rewards you for using your daddy's credit card, rather than developing any skill.

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Play FireFall and Defiance instead.

wtf are you talking about? For starters the game is ONLY PVE!

the game is a blast and I haven't dropped a single dollar into it. I would recommend waiting for the final release though since they haven't finished adding in all of skills and maps and guns etc, it lacks a little variety atm.

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow
50. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow Feb 14, 2013, 00:34 bigspender

This is Xerxes. All personal report to the download site

BTW would anyone be interested in doing a graphical / engine remake for this?

I can map like a boss with the NS2 spark engine (unknownworlds.com) It seems like it would be a fantastic engine for it.

we could use the original voice recordings and sound effects possibly

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
61. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 18:18 bigspender

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 18:17:
nin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 16:54:
And I think the post mortem on it is going to be fascinating (if anyone alive will ever admit to having worked on it).

I'd LOVE to hear what happened, but the silence from gearbox so far is hardly surprising.

I can't even come up with a reason why they have fucked this up so badly. They must know that now, they are burned in the industry, 20 century fox is probably unleashing the hell-hounds right about now. And the damage this travesty does to the Alien IP.. holy hell.

Anyone else think this is the 80s Atari ET of 2013? This might even cause a video game crash haha

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
57. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 17:59 bigspender

Tumbler wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 17:43:
nin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 16:23:
Honestly, after seeing the difference in quality between the "demo" and the "final" I will never order a gearbox product until there's a clear consensus on what the final game looks like.

Well that is pretty amazing. I don't remember watching any of that, no wonder people are upset.

That is amazing. I kept thinking that "this game video looks worse than the e3 one, but maybe my expectations are just getting higher"

but nope, it was actually getting worse and worse.

So the question is, is this the patch that will make it look as a good as the demo?

I actually wouldn't mind the last 3hrs of the game being a boring bug hunt if it looked stunning every step of the way.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
114. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 19:37 bigspender

Overon wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 19:32:
Just another example "game" riding the coattails of a beloved movie franchise resulting in a blatant cash grab. As long as people keep buying this shit, they will keep making it. Gearbox, TimeGate Studios, and Sega, you are all disgraceful. It's embarrassing. Don't buy it!

I especially enjoy the interview videos of Randy Pitchford from Gearbox saying how "they are not settling" and are not "milking a franchise." You are a fucking liar Randy Pitchford. Fuck you. I'm I angry? Yes, I liked the Aliens franchise and it's been fucked again. Randy Pitchford you are a hack.
References: http://youtu.be/ck836MIeYwo

Randy PITCHford is the used car salesman ever. He does game development in is spare time

His moto "a sucker is born every minute"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
112. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 19:20 bigspender

Edit : Guess I'll be playing more Natural Selection 2 http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/

if feels much more like an AVP game than this ever will.

im really dissapointed with this - it feels like it was made along side AvP 2 about 10 years ago.

everything just feels old - almost like its a game designed for phones or something.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2013, 19:35.

News Comments > Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?
48. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 9, 2013, 20:43 bigspender

Ant wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 17:05:
gravity wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 17:00:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 20:41:
gravity wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 17:36:

Let's expand upon this comment..

Name three 'faithful' and 'quality' game-related films. I can't think of two that I would actually want to re-visit more than the first viewing (meaning, low in quality).

Not saying you're not gonna be able to... I just can't think of more than one...

Silent Hill, Mortal Kombat, both Tomb Raider movies, Max Payne, Prince of Persia. You might not have liked some of them, but those were solid movies with solid actors and scripts. Some would add resident evil (not me), but I'd add Doom (loved it). I don't know if you'd count the recent Mortal Kombat web series, but these were awesome.

I'm proud of you for saying "Silent Hill" - that was my "one." Too bad Revelations wasn't that great - but it wasn't terrible either.

MK was cool when I was 12 - I re-watched it recently. Effects technology advancement ignored, it really wasn't very good. Good call with Doom though, despite it being 'not great' or very in-depth, it was reasonably honest with the material.
Huh? DOOM was awful IMO. I watched it over my Christmas 2012 break. :/

+ 1 doom was a terrible movie - i liked the first person bit though, but apart from that it was just terrible.

the story didn't even remotely follow that of the doom games. apart from being on mars.

event horizon's story was closer to the doom story

45. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 7, 2013, 18:06 bigspender

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 18:46:
bigspender wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 18:26:
JJ Abrams can go JJ fuck himself.

If anyone from hollywood makes a Half-life movie its gonna suck. END of story.

Now if someone that is creative makes a half-life movie, e.g. the guy that did District 9, or if QT tried a sci-fi movie, it could be great.

Do half-life 1 from 3 different points of view - like in the expansion packs.
1 point of view from gordon freeman
another from Shepherd (the soldier in Opposing forces)
and another from the security guard from the Blue Shift expansion.

that would be cool.

someone give me $50 mil and i'll make a movie thats awesome.

Ah, just like people with no acting experience that think they could act in a film, people with no directing experience could take 50 million and make a great film.

No.

Funny cause I was just thinking that there are people that have heaps of experiene either acting or directing, yet they hopeless - and there is a sea of them.

44. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 7, 2013, 17:19 bigspender

Beamer wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 18:44:
bigspender wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 18:26:

Now if someone that is creative makes a half-life movie, e.g. the guy that did District 9, or if QT tried a sci-fi movie, it could be great.

that would be cool.

So... to sum up... if anyone in Hollywood does a HL movie it's going to suck, but these wo other guys who are also from Hollywood would do it well.

Riiiiiiiiight.

Also, QT doing a HL movie would just be Alyx and Gordon discussing 70s music and people they've made out with for 75 minutes, with the camera oddly lingering on Alyx's bare feet, followed by 10 minutes of action.

i'd prefer that over Half-Life: The Fast and Furious Dude Bro edition

or in JJ abrams case, lets take the cool bits from the previous movies and then write a really illogical and unbelievable script to make them roughly fit together.

26. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 6, 2013, 18:26 bigspender

that would be cool.

News Comments > Warframe Closed Beta Updated; Interview
2. Re: Warframe Closed Beta Updated; Interview Jan 31, 2013, 17:11 bigspender

this is one of those traditional games where each update and new video makes it look better and more fun than the previous video.

unlike those modern games, that seem to look worse and worse as they approach release lol.

the beta is a lot of fun with 3 friends or even randoms - its basically what mass effect would be like co-op but with better powers and moves.

News Comments > The Showdown Effect Trailer
4. Re: The Showdown Effect Trailer Jan 5, 2013, 02:25 bigspender

awww i was hoping they would make a first person magicka  

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
32. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 9, 2012, 18:00 bigspender

Is this the same Gabe Newell that was saying that Windows 8 was bad because the store is a closed environment? And now he's saying that their own "pc" is not going to be as open source as a normal pc? hahah i think he's had one too many p0rtal cakes, and the icing has gone to his brain.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II Announced
19. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 20:52 bigspender

throws money at screen.

ds1 co-op was the best game i've played in a long time.

713 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo