Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 689 (Apprentice)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
24. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 16:52 bigspender

so whats the big deal? make your game anyway you want, and then release a separate tiled application to act as a live shortcut if you so want.

or just make a normal shortcut :S

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 1, 2012, 20:32 bigspender

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 15:40:
This was an incredibly stupid article. The author needs to stick with mobile devices if something as fundamental as a "volume" blows his mind.

yep the author is an idiot.

it took me < 5 minutes to install off a usb drive, dunno how he managed to get the install to take an hr.

it is literally 3 clicks of the next button to do a fresh install :S you could do it blind folded just about.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2 Nov 1, 2012, 02:19 bigspender

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 20:40:
I can't even manage 60fps on my system, even with Ambient Occlusion turned off. That's mainly because I'm playing at 2560x1600 and it doesn't support SLI. It's certainly not a very well optimised game. Black Mesa looked and performed much better.

must be something to do with your resolution or maybe even win8 (its probably not tested/optimized for win8 drivers)

im running only one gtx670 and my cpu isn't anywhere near as fast as yours(or overclocked). and getting 80fps most of the time, dips to about 50fps in heavily infested areas.
on max detail @ 1080p.

ready room i can reach 170fps when no players are in not that it counts for much lol

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2 Oct 31, 2012, 19:54 bigspender

good commander strategy with a team that follows orders and good team work always beat an individual 1337 player. Which is a good thing because some alien fade players can slaughter a group of unorganised marines

So you don't necessasrily need to be an FPS king to play this game, since its just as much strategy and tactics as anything else. Sure it helps if you can aim, but you can give yourself a huge advanctage by positioning yourself in a better spot of each room - and also there is plenty to do other than shoot

News Comments > No BF3 Color Grading Removal
3. Re: No BF3 Color Grading Removal Oct 23, 2012, 21:45 bigspender

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH x10

Yes color grading is what makes the game unique, and its definitely the selling point /sarcasm.

They have no clue do they?

Anyway planetside 2 will kill this thing.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Details Near
37. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 12, 2012, 01:14 bigspender

so where do I sign the anti-GFWL petition?

Jay - a futuristic one would be awesome, new cars, flying cars, and I can imagine that R* would do a great job of a story when it comes to humans and androids/synthetics.

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
23. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 8, 2012, 22:28 bigspender

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 20:23:
bigspender wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 19:44:
when will publishers realise that many people use their gaming time as a social event - games need co-op - especially if they are these sort of hack and slash games, or adventuring games.

i played about 1/2 way through the first game, but i got bored playing on my own and didnt feel the need to return since I want to play other coop games with my friends.

also releasing a single player game at the same time as highly anticipated MMO (GW2) doesnt seem to be a good idea, just about everyone i talk to at work etc is playing it.
/facepalm
This is why every developer feels the need to tack on some half-assed multiplayer or co-op mode to every game, taking away resources from the single player experience. It's sad when people hate on games like Skyrim because it doesn't have co-op.

well there you go, you've uncovered the source of the problem - its the tacked on 1/2 ass'd content that makes games crap. and co-op isnt hard to do, doom 1 and 2 just had extra spawn points - not exactly a lot of effort on behalf of the devs and fun factor multipled by each additional player.

sure it made the game easier - who cares it was fun.

edit: and yes if skyrim had co-op it would be heaps more fun RPG's need proper campaign coop - its like a digitized D&D session!

the way i see it, if my friends and I are all playing the same single player game anyway, then I'd rather play it all together.

I had so much fun as a kid playing two or four player arcade and console games - before I learned how to network a 486 to play doom and heretic coop

what annoys me most about lack of co-op is games where you have AI companions throughout most of the game - I want that to be a real person playing alongside me - seems like its a lot more effort to do an AI companion than to have an extra spawn point and some basic networking code.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2012, 22:36.

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
16. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 8, 2012, 19:44 bigspender

when will publishers realise that many people use their gaming time as a social event - games need co-op - especially if they are these sort of hack and slash games, or adventuring games.

i played about 1/2 way through the first game, but i got bored playing on my own and didnt feel the need to return since I want to play other coop games with my friends.

also releasing a single player game at the same time as highly anticipated MMO (GW2) doesnt seem to be a good idea, just about everyone i talk to at work etc is playing it.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster Pack
1. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster Pack Aug 29, 2012, 22:52 bigspender

4 player co-op pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeee!  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Tomorrow
27. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Tomorrow Aug 15, 2012, 19:53 bigspender

Axis wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 14:13:
I'm gonna try my best to enjoy it, despite my reservations.

I can forgive much if the wvw ends up being solid, but they have got to improve the fov asap. It's been harped about so many times in their forums on every bwe. Poor fov is one thing I cannot accept in any game I plan on playing for a decent length of time - trumps everything.

+1

at least an FOV 90, its nearly impossible to tell how close/far away something is until you turn your view sideways.

edit: I wish people(developers) would understand that FOV and ZOOM are not the same thing!

News Comments > WARFRAME Trailer
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2012, 08:32 bigspender

Rigs wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 05:26:
WHY GOD?! WHY?!? Why with all the absolutely awesome indie projects out there on Kickstarter (I'm not saying all of them are worthy, but there are a good number of projects, like 'Star Command' and the new 'Carmageddon' , etc...), are publishers completely convinced the industry needs another F2PFPS?! The money wasted on a wannabe, barely popular online FPS could easily fund outright many games that are breaking the mold in innovating, uniqueness, taking risks and catering to the gamers wishes. It just seems like such a huge waste of talent, money and time/resources much better spent elsewhere... Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

any how is creating a cheap knock off of carmageddon or star control going to break the mold? YOu cant break the mold by copying something you turkey.

also how many space ninja beat em up coop rpg PvE's have you played recently? And you dont even need to pay.

im sold

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
48. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 27, 2012, 06:42 bigspender

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 15:13:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 12:00:
That was fucking awesome! That's one of the best game trailers of all time. PS2 is going to be an insane amount of fun.

SOE hype victim count +1

Seriously, anyone who isn't a complete and utter n00b should know by now that SOE is extremely skilled at creating pretty hype material but also extremely amateurish when it comes to the execution of said material into actual gameplay. That is if the trailer material makes it into the game at all. Not even that is guaranteed with SOE.
Extreme caution is not only recommended but mandatory with these slime balls.

how dare SOE make a cool trailer to promote their product.....

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
47. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 27, 2012, 06:39 bigspender

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:12:
They are scaring me away...

Cinema? Goofy ridiculous phoney combat? Jet Packs?!?!
Flying around soloing ships in a jet pack?

Starting to think its time to sell the computers...

good. the less drama queens playing this game the better.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Co-op Support?
8. Re: Dead Space 3 Co-op Support? May 10, 2012, 06:48 bigspender

Orogogus wrote on May 10, 2012, 02:54:
Esoteric wrote on May 10, 2012, 02:17:
To people who actually like the series (no trolls):

I haven't played either one, but I have DS2 (from a sale), but not the first one. Should I wait to play the first one (get it on sale) or is the 2nd one enjoyable enough on its own?

I suggest waiting and playing the first one. There are some minor bits in the second game that play off of the first, and the gameplay's a little smoother and more varied in the second game as well (matter of opinion, I expect).

play the first one, but when the middle bit gets boring, power through it, it will make the second one a lot better.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Co-op Support?
1. Re: Dead Space 3 Co-op Support? May 9, 2012, 22:48 bigspender

They should make it so that when you play co-op, Isaac thinks that the other player is just a hallucination - but both players will think that the other guy is the halllucination.
Then after completing the campaign in co-op together, the players should have to fight each other - so that they can rid them selves of the hallucination. The player that wins the fight becomes the true Isaac - or does he? muahaha

Since both players will think that the other is the hallucination, you could have some very entertaining dialogue between the two Isaacs throughout the game - as they start to realise one of them is just a figment of the others imagination, and later they begin to argue who is the real one - leading up to their mind battle in the end.

YOU'RE WELCOME EA AND VISCERAL

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer
18. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 19:13 bigspender

Fly wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 13:28:
This is getting old real quick. Where's Battlefield: 2143 when you need it.

Planetside 2 is right around the corner

The best thing is, you buy your own vehicles for you and your squad, so you won't have any idiot teamkillers trying to shoot your own chopper down so they can have a turn.

News Comments > Apple's Cook Visits Valve?
17. Re: Apple's Cook Visits Valve? Apr 14, 2012, 00:43 bigspender

fuck Apple.

that is all.

News Comments > Dark Souls GFWL Petition
15. Re: Dark Souls GFWL Petition Apr 11, 2012, 20:39 bigspender

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 19:46:
I honestly believe that GTA4, Relic's 40k RTS series etc have used it well

GFWL didn't let me play co-op on my own LAN with GTA4 - I contacted MS aswell as rockstar and they said that GFWL didn't support this features. GG

We couldn't even join other people's games on the internet - since we were using the same connection to get to those servers - it would simple kick the other person off.

its a piece of shit.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released
11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 03:35 bigspender

n/a  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released
10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 03:32 bigspender

entr0py wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 00:56:
. . . Okay, how are you supposed to get the free DLC?

I see nothing new on Origin. If I check for updates for the game within Origin, it says none are found. If I go into multi-player, there aren't any new character classes to choose from, or new maps.

I'm pretty sure it's not downloaded. And there's surprisingly nothing in any of the links above about how to get it.

EDIT: I finally found the solution. Why they thought people would just know to do this is beyond me. How to download

my DLC pack auto downloaded through origin - didn't have to do anything to get it (other than start origin)

689 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo