Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 807 (Graduate)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Changes Detailed
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Changes Detailed Jun 16, 2015, 22:27 bigspender

harlock wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 21:27:
vomit

After seeing the clean pixel-less graphics of DooM this just looks like a messy turd.

Although I do like that they made the bad guy in this trailer look a bit like Australia's current Prime Minister

News Comments > EITR Announced
10. Re: EITR Announced Jun 16, 2015, 21:34 bigspender

Cutter wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 10:22:
Ok, this "throwback" style is officially played out. It was played out years ago. Learn to use Unity, or UE4, or something else modern that doesn't cost you anything and actually looks good. We never wanted 8/16 bit graphics, they were simply all we had.

Actually this is made in Unity lol. The reason for the pixel art is because that's as good as it can get for a two person dev team.

I don't have a problem with pixel art if it looks good and suits the gameplay. This game ticks both boxes.

This doesn't look like a "me too" type of game, it looks like they just want to make a kick ass game with a dark atmosphere.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2015, 20:02 bigspender

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 10:43:
Chris Pratt is an egomaniacal idiot. I just saw an article where he basically said he believes that God has singled him out for greatness and his ascent has been fated.

Rolleyes

LOL!

And by god, is he referring to the financial advice gathered through market research and focus groups?

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
61. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 05:02 bigspender

Brand new engine, featuring the same stiff animations from Morrowind lol.

Looks alright though.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
14. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 02:03 bigspender

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 01:34:
Yeah, the executive producer guy made it pretty clear in the post-interview that the finishing moves are meant for people who suck at shooting enough to let things get right up in their face, lol. Being able to basically insta-kill common enemies up close helps to preserve their admittedly noble goal of keeping the pace of gameplay flowing.

It's too bad they've relegated the chainsaw to fan-service gimmick by making it function the same way... They should've just let you cleave through common enemies more fluidly, without the canned animation, and then made it work like it did before on bigger enemies. That is, you get up in their face and drain health so long as you're grinding into them. Maybe have special kill strokes for the bigger guys only, for a satisfying end to a prolonged battle that has apparently left you with no ammo remaining.

Agreed - the chainsaw would be a lot more fun if wasn't canned animations.

News Comments > DOOM Snapmap Announced - Updated: New Trailer
14. Re: DOOM Snapmap Announced - Updated: New Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 01:44 bigspender

It looks like Doom 2 + Halo 4 + Mortal Kombat. Interesting! Hopefully there are some dark areas too though.

My only real gripes are the canned animations which will get repetitive very quickly. And also the monster design, maybe not as bad when actually playing, but they were all the same colour so I had trouble telling the difference between them. And some of the enemy animations seemed a little on the Disney cartoony side.

But game play looks good, and the music is awesome! They did a good job of making it feel like you are on a stimpak fueled demon killing spree!

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2015, 06:10.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 9, 2015, 19:22 bigspender

|RaptoR| wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 14:58:
Oh man. Space Hulk looks so good. Please be good. Please

I really want this to be good - but I always get worried when screenshots have no antialiasing and it looks like to me the lighting is set to minimal settings.

Fingers crossed that's what the game looks like on minimum settings.

News Comments > DayZ Downturn
26. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 23:08 bigspender

This is why early access is terrible idea. The game is dead long before version 1.0 comes out. And while a few people might play it after it "finished" the player base is long gone.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
76. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 19:09 bigspender

Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP Please be COOP  

News Comments > SOMA in September
6. Re: SOMA in September May 30, 2015, 20:53 bigspender

this looks great!

News Comments > Overwatch Video
9. Re: Overwatch Video May 29, 2015, 19:58 bigspender

I learned today that this game is all of the left over art assets from Blizzard's cancelled Titan MMO.

Which explains why they are making a generic unreal tournament clone....it's so they can show off the art from their cancelled game and also get some kind of return on investment I guess.

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
15. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 20:35 bigspender

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:29:
bigspender wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:13:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is like a First Person Diablo, it would have been really fun

That happened. It was called Hellgate: London.. and it was a massive flop.

Oh yeah, how quickly bad games get forgotten

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
13. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 20:13 bigspender

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is like a First Person Diablo, it would have been really fun  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. May 19, 2015, 20:18 bigspender

The only way Adam Sandler could contribute to saving the world would be if he stops making movies.  

News Comments > Cancelled DOOM Media
6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 19, 2015, 04:00 bigspender

Trevellian wrote on May 19, 2015, 00:26:
I dunno, the new teaser looks like what I expect from a Doom game, graphically and aesthetically, gameplay is still yet to be seen. But a buddy of mine who went to Quakecon when they showed the exclusive footage seemed pretty excited about what he saw and said it LOOKED like a Doom Game, and even gave a nod to Brutal Doom by being bloody and having executions. Only time will tell and it's going to be hard for me to wait till the 14th to see it for myself.

Someone on the Doom forums said it best though, that Canceled Doom 4 game looks like a shitty Killzone of Duty game and the dev team behind it deserved to have it shitcanned.

I agree, Brutal Doom mod is the right direction for the series. We don't need cutscenes, as doom is not a movie. It doesn't need a story past "you're on mars and hell has literally broken loose." Gimme some awesome feeling weapons (not the Doom 3 ones hint hint) and have some monters pop out for me to blow away. That's all I need.

I'm so glad they cancelled this old crap.

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
57. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 20:30 bigspender

Jerykk wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:40:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:22:
Looks terrible.

...seriously? They barely showed anything.

The revenant looked OK. But the shotgun showed us how iD tech engines since Doom 3 like to make everything look melted. The weapon models / textures looked really strange in Doom 3 and this looks almost the same, so I bet it's not limited to just the double shotty. Sigh.

And the sound effects will probably be awful just like doom 3 and rage.

If there is one instance where they take character control away from me for minutes at a time like in Rage I will be pissed.

EDIT: there is something really artificial about the way the weapons and sounds make the game feel.

I remember after HL2 came out, I was surprised now natural everything felt. Despite everything looking quite flat compared to doom 3, it still felt a lot more immersive.

News Comments > Overwatch Video
40. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 22:24 bigspender

harlock wrote on May 14, 2015, 20:32:
goddamn this looks boring

+1 it's a high budget version of quake 1's team fortress mod..... but a really slow version.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Voice Cast
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Voice Cast May 7, 2015, 21:27 bigspender

Kevin Conroy is batman!  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Trailer
3. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Trailer May 4, 2015, 19:47 bigspender

siapnar wrote on May 4, 2015, 19:42:
Man, that guy's dialogue couldn't sound more forced.

Maybe he was being forced.... by a nazi from 1942 *shrugs* And this is a game is a brainwashing device created by some crazy scientist that traveled into the future.

EDIT: but that was terrible, you'd think they would get someone that is at least genuinely enthusiastic about the game or an actor.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 1, 2015, 00:09 bigspender

Fantaz wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 22:53:
nice!

I wonder if they've invited Cliffi B to make him apologise for being a dick to PC games. Or perhaps make him participate in a Climbing for Dollars Runningman style gameshow to see if he can win his life and integrity back.

807 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo