Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 637 (Apprentice)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
27. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 5, 2013, 18:29 bigspender

guide for installing windows 8? LOL whats next guide to getting inside a car?  

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SEGA Scolded Over Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers?
31. Re: SEGA Scolded Over Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers? Apr 3, 2013, 18:43 bigspender

Moog wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 10:14:
Surely a "this is *way* better than what you suckers are going to buy" would have been more appropriate.

"Trailers depict footage of the demo version" could be taken to mean that the final release is actually better than the trailers!

it would only be logical to assume that a game would get better as it nears release, not worse. And at the very least contain the demo into the full product.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Defiance
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Defiance Apr 3, 2013, 02:06 bigspender

terrible graphics and art - check
main female character wearing armor except for the area over her heart and lungs - check
shitty trailer music - check

going f2p in 3...2...1....

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite
63. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 26, 2013, 21:20 bigspender

seeing as this si so successful, and since they have gotten out of the ocean and into the sky, lets hope that they keep going up higher, and eventually get into space itself for the next game. And they could call it system shock - and the bad guy could be a female AI. And it could have coop.

Btw is there an FOV slider?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer
37. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 20:24 bigspender

I would dare say that planetside 2 is better - bf3 was for me felt like i was just getting shot by people I couldn't see. And I don't mind that if it is a sniper, but this was the most of the game. I stopped playing after 2 months. Where as I played the other battlefield games for years.
And also that Battlefield :Close Quarters expansion - that was just trying to be COD.

Once you are spoilt by a 500 player battle in planetside 2 its hard to go back to a 64 player or less game.

Not to mention EVERYTHING that annoys me about BF games is fixed in planetside 2.

For example, idiots stealing your vehicle - nope can't do that in ps2, you can even lock the vehicle or kick people out of it if you are waiting for your buddy or squad member.
Since all of the vehicles have to be bought with personal game points you don't a line of idiots camping the helicopter pad to either team kill you or to shoot an RPG to make your chopper crash on take off.
You also don't have any idiots parking a tank on the runway to make you crash on take off.

Not to mentiont here are admins constantly on the servers so any hackers, trolls or exploiters don't last very long.

They've actually thought about stuff from day one - and stuff that was a problem gets fixed all the time.

Also no ORIGIN

EDIT: the reason I stopped BF3 and didn't get any of the expansions was because of these little frustrating things. it was a trolls paradise.
That and some admins were sad losers - e.g. I got a repair tool kill on an admin (no primary ammo, and no time to reload pistol) and the admin kicked me. talk about cry baby.

I don't want to play a game full of people like this.

News Comments > Warframe Open Beta Begins
8. Re: Warframe Open Beta Begins Mar 21, 2013, 18:55 bigspender

PHJF wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 18:42:
What's the fuckin point of this game? Cooping through a bunch of pointless missions?

Gee I dunno, maybe people like to play games because its fun? You could easily say that ALL games are pointless - and in reality yes they are. but its fun to play them, especially with a handful of friends and another handful of beer

And this game is REALLY quite fun, for starters its fast - well if you want it to be. Its a refreshing experience.

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 14:33:
Lol, that's cute. It's just a bunch of crap on the screen obscuring your vision which everyone will disable, if they were even capable of running it in the first place (Herro, AMD?). Stuff like that has no place whatsoever in a competitive game unless you make it mandatory.

Its a coop / single player game. Some people with even AMD cards end up buying a low/medium end Nvidia card (or just keep their old one) to run physX.
Its a nice little bonus.

News Comments > Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch
23. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 20, 2013, 03:09 bigspender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm8Yc2fEvHk

still not even close to the e3 demo they showed. the e3 demo just oozed quality. especially in hadleys hope, the lighting and and lightening is superb, it feels like a movie. but not even close in the actual game.

randy pitchford should spend less time being randy and more time being productive

22. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 19:18 bigspender

Taskeen wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 08:09:
Updating their graphics or just tweaking the AI won't fix this game. I bought ACM thinking it would be a survival-horror, but its not. They completely missed the point of every alien film, including Aliens. Its basically a disservice to fans and borderline insulting. The story is on par with a 12 year old writing Fan Fiction.

+1

its an action game, and the action itself is terrible lol

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease
34. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 19:07 bigspender

256 players at least plz  

4. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 18, 2013, 22:00 bigspender

cool, now they only have to fix the rest of the game from sucking  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Patch Adds VR Training Center
27. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Adds VR Training Center Mar 13, 2013, 21:34 bigspender

entr0py wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 20:38:
A little more structure, especially for unaffiliated loners, would be welcome. But over all it should still be up to the players to determine what they find strategically important, while perusing some kind of overarching goal.

playing the game with a good outfit and really good platoon leader makes all the difference.

a lot of leaders don't understand what makes the game fun for players - some will have you capture almost empty bases for hours if you are unlucky - there is strategic value there sure, but my god its as boring as euro truck simulator.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Patch Adds VR Training Center
26. Re: Good move... Mar 13, 2013, 21:16 bigspender

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 15:18:
My number one criticism of this game is that it was atrocious for newcomers. Thrown down in the middle of a fight with no clue how to even control their character made many people say "screw this" and quit immediately.

That's because every single first person shooter for the last 15 years or so has had the same default WASD and mouse aiming controls.

If you have never played a first person shooter fair enough, but the game spawns you at the warp gate where you can't die.

Still this VR training is a very nice addition since you can give all of those new weapons in an easy manner and with all of their upgrade options.

News Comments > Arma III Trailer
21. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 9, 2013, 04:48 bigspender

Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 00:48:
Sir Graves wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 16:10:
siapnar wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 09:44:
I gotta say, the graphics, animation and effects leave a lot to be desired.
Blind much?

Thats what I ask myself with people like you. I think its simple fanboyism, if such obvious things are not seen...
Animations often look far cheaper than before. Especially the generic ones. I could leave that as subjective, but looking at trees and ground textures, even someone as blind as you should see how shitty they look. Also bullet impact dust clouds are huge. Almost cant see your target anymore because of them. That auto eye contrast effect also sucks again and is only annoying. And the ancient scope effect is hated in the community already.

Just to name a few...

the animations are ok, but there is no animation blending like in some modern games so the transitions between them look stiff

edit i really hope the audio gets a make over before release too it's terrible in the alpha

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2013, 05:12.

News Comments > Arma III Trailer
14. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 06:01 bigspender

Techie714 wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 22:43:
The narrator is from ShackTactical they are a serious group of players. Very difficult to get into their group. Also all super cool guys!

This was an OUTSTANDING video!

Yeah but i wish he would stop talking in manner that makes it sound like comma's are full stops

Game looks super cool though. I will be raining death from the skies on release day!

News Comments > Sam Raimi on the Warcraft Film
6. Re: Sam Raimi on the Warcraft Film Mar 6, 2013, 00:11 bigspender

pretty sure anything from hollywood would about as good as that battleship movie, except with elves  

News Comments > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Announced
1. Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Announced Mar 5, 2013, 21:53 bigspender

COWABUNGA! (hope i spelt that correctly)  

News Comments > The Showdown Effect Trailer
3. Re: The Showdown Effect Trailer Mar 3, 2013, 19:20 bigspender

siapnar wrote on Mar 2, 2013, 22:53:
I was very pumped to play this, but unfortunately after trying the BETA, I found the gameplay very underwhelming. It gets old REALLY fast, too.

The graphics are pretty sub par as well - although the smoke, explosion and blood effects are top notch.

yeah it's certainly no magicka

btw paradox are soon to release leviathan - which kinda looks like magicka crossed with navy ships and gratuitious space battles. - that actually looks fun.

News Comments > War of the Roses Free Weekend; Patch
2. Re: War of the Roses Free Weekend; Patch Feb 27, 2013, 23:16 bigspender

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 21:37:
but we DON'T have infinite goddamn bandwidth allowances to waste on your needlessly large updates...

most people do

does anyone know if this game has a dedicated "shout" button like in chivalry? nothing like running down a hill with 10 people shouting slogans and such

WAAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!

News Comments > Blizzard Planning PAX East Reveal
11. Re: Blizzard Planning PAX East Reveal Feb 27, 2013, 23:14 bigspender

i love announcements for announcements, that way you can tell me twice..... yo dawg?

so sick of moba's there has to be well over 20 of them

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
42. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 26, 2013, 01:07 bigspender

wtf_man wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 20:54:
8GB patch sounds about right to me.

the game isn't 8gig on the disc lol

637 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo