Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 726 (Apprentice)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
25. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 15, 2014, 23:08 bigspender

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:15:
bigspender wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:04:
mellis wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 20:45:
Shame really that such censorship exists. If they replaced 'people' with 'zombies' - no one would bat an eyelid.

That's because there is a massive different between cold blooded slaughter of innocents for "fun" vs fighting for survival against a monster (that is already dead anyway).

In a game? What's the difference? You press a button, animation plays, scripts fire, particles fly from emitters, models play animations, red decal left behind... such difference, what amaze!

In case you didn't get my lame meme use, I am saying, there is no friggin gameplay difference AT ALL. You are arguing over how a model looks, not how gameplay is.

If you replaced all l4d zombies with babies, nuns and angels it would change nothing about the gameplay.

But there is a gameplay difference, as stated previously its a fight for survival with zombies. Nuns and babies obviously are no threat, unless they are zombie nuns of course...

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:27:
bigspender wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:04:
Shame really that such censorship exists. If they replaced 'people' with 'zombies' - no one would bat an eyelid.

That's because there is a massive different between cold blooded slaughter of innocents for "fun" vs fighting for survival against a monster (that is already dead anyway).

And there you go, maybe they should just make it a zombie game and at least it might get some sales.

There are plenty of games where the so-called bad guys aren't monsters but other people, pixel representation of people. I play so many where I'm the hero, but in the end, end up killing more than the bad guy, sort of like our military does sometimes in the real. So who is the good guy and who is the bad guy? I don't know, but since it is pixels it doesn't matter to me at all, it's fantasy.

lol yes that's true, but nevertheless, you are still mowing down "bad guys" and the game usually makes it quite clear.

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
16. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 15, 2014, 22:04 bigspender

And there you go, maybe they should just make it a zombie game and at least it might get some sales.

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
33. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 17:41 bigspender

Actually it would be pretty cool to be able to stream XBone games to a PC.  

News Comments > DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Released
3. Re: DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Released Dec 5, 2014, 22:48 bigspender

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 21:05:
Good luck with that as long as the WW2 theater ain't finished yet. This is like trying to sell a Murcielago to some indigenous tribe in the Amazon rain forest. Wish they'd get a clue and make the roads first before trying to sell cars *sigh*.

The ww2 map is coming early 2015 I here.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2014, 20:43 bigspender

TBH 60fps is bare minimum for me, 100+ fps is where games come to life. Lack of fluidity in games is probably the most jarring thing ever.

I will never ever buy a game that cannot do atleast 60fps.

framerate is everything, otherwise people wouldn't bother upgrading their graphics cards, they'd be happy with onboard gfx.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2014, 15:47 bigspender

Screw the sales, gotta the love black friday fights. People in starving countries are more civil when waiting for food.  

News Comments > Assassin’s Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued
11. Re: Assassin’s Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued Nov 26, 2014, 23:17 bigspender

Are they still going to patch AC: Unity though? Because it seems like it would a nice game if it wasn't for the bugs.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
148. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 20:58 bigspender

i have obviouosly missed something here - people are freaking out because the game has single player that will occasionally sync with an online world to keep it dynamic?

Sounds like an awesome feature to me - this would have been awesome in skyrim, instead of making it into an mmo.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans
25. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans Nov 20, 2014, 05:57 bigspender

And this is ladies and gentlemen why you should never ever pre order anything until the reviews expose it for what it is.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews Nov 11, 2014, 23:16 bigspender

Cutter wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 22:46:
That makes it much easier to wait for a good sale on this.

Here here! Not only will be cheap, but it will patched and "finished"

News Comments > DCS Su-27 Trailer
11. Re: DCS Su-27 Trailer Nov 11, 2014, 20:53 bigspender

Flyable Mig 15 is coming, its been in a few trailers, as have a few of the special fx mentioned. It's quite a lot of work to dig through the forums, but there is a LOT coming. Especially once DCS World 2.0 comes out (for free) at the end of the year.

I believe that they are also working on theatres for all of the major wars, ww2, korean war, Vietnam, gulf wars etc.

There are also many many new planes being worked. 2015 will be a massive year for DCS

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
44. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 18:48 bigspender

hey guys, since this is a dark space station, lets deploy a glowing shield that makes me stand out, and is so thin it provides less cover than that metal table over there in the dark.......

seems like it would be a better decoy than anything. Maybe if you have a whole row of them to block up an entire corridor that might work, but they didn't exactly show off any strategy in the vid.

The whole gravity thing doesn't seem to provide anything to the gameplay either.

News Comments > Human Head on Prey 2
1. Re: Human Head on Prey 2 Oct 31, 2014, 19:46 bigspender

well tbh, the rendered trailer looked great, but the ingame one didn't live up to it.
But still it was a very nice idea and i hope someone takes note.

I'm surprised they haven't tried to kickstarter it.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released
24. Re: Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released Oct 28, 2014, 18:24 bigspender

oh the irony of releasing DLC called "corporate lockdown". Classic  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 26, 2014, 16:33 bigspender

jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 14:59:
The NYPD will give smartphones to its officers, and it looks like they’ll run Windows.

A good choice. A lot fewer apps and games to get distracted with.

Thats kind of why I love windows phone actually As someone that uses phone (shock) for calls and texting it works brilliantly and unlike most app-centric phones you actually get really nice audio quality, to the point I can tell what size room the other person is in. (if they are using a windows phone too).

All of the big apps are there anyway.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
38. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 23, 2014, 22:40 bigspender

Julio wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 20:35:
bigspender wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 18:13:
Except if you actually look at the statistics, men are only slightly more likely to be harassed in general, but women are more likely to be stalked and sexually harassed, which a quite a bit more severe than name calling.

Good thing you aren't a journalist.

I'm getting really tired of hearing "it happens to men too" bullshit - that doesn't make it OK. One wrong doesn't make another wrong OK. If that is an issue you care about then this is not the correct place for it.

I can read the statistics in the article I linked quite well. Men are more likely to be the recipient of online harassment (44% vs 37% for women). More likely to be physically threatened, more likely to be called names, more likely to be purposely embarrassed. I've been physically threatened as well as sexually harassed, and I'd prefer the latter every time. Neither would be better of course.

This is a correct place to talk about harassment of men, as much as it is the place to talk about harassment of women. Neither should happen, and the men should not be ignored. Equality can be scary to some I guess. Goes against that SJW agenda.

It's not the correct place, what you are doing is watering down the severity of this issue by throwing the attention elsewhere.

34. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 23, 2014, 18:29 bigspender

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 18:19:
bigspender wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 18:13:
Julio wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 12:14:
Who hasn't been harassed on the internet? I mean it`s happened to lots of us on this site. It's not difficult to poke someone online to make it happen. These people who are making a career of it are going to have to up the ante. Fake attacks will be next once the cash flow dries up from being a professional victim.

Also given men are more likely to be harassed than women (http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/10/22/online-harassment/), why is the story one sided again?

It all comes back to no ethics in journalism.

Except if you actually look at the statistics, men are only slightly more likely to be harassed in general, but women are more likely to be stalked and sexually harassed, which a quite a bit more severe than name calling.

I'm getting really tired of hearing "it happens to men too" bullshit - that doesn't make it OK.

You mean this line?
Young women, those 18-24, experience certain severe types of harassment at disproportionately high levels: 26% of these young women have been stalked online, and 25% were the target of online sexual harassment. In addition, they do not escape the heightened rates of physical threats and sustained harassment common to their male peers and young people in general.

That, but also the graphs show it as well.

The comments in this thread are just appalling. No wonder the world is such a fucked up place.

32. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 23, 2014, 18:13 bigspender

Julio wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 12:14:
Who hasn't been harassed on the internet? I mean it`s happened to lots of us on this site. It's not difficult to poke someone online to make it happen. These people who are making a career of it are going to have to up the ante. Fake attacks will be next once the cash flow dries up from being a professional victim.

Also given men are more likely to be harassed than women (http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/10/22/online-harassment/), why is the story one sided again?

It all comes back to no ethics in journalism.

I'm getting really tired of hearing "it happens to men too" bullshit - that doesn't make it OK. One wrong doesn't make another wrong OK. If that is an issue you care about then this is not the correct place for it.

The biggest cause of harm or death to a women by far is from a male, so maybe that's why people treat it seriously. There are some statistics you can go look up.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2014, 18:22.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month
12. Re: Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month Oct 21, 2014, 17:27 bigspender

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 15:22:
I'm not sure why but still my biggest reason for not getting this game (besides money) is that the Alien is walking. Now I know it's been awhile since I last saw Alien, but it just seems so unnatural especially of the game videos I have seen.

having played the game about 1/2 way, yes the alien is not good at all. it just walks around like a 2 year old inside a Halloween costume, making heaps of noise and bumping into objects(because it cant see out of the costume lol). You don't feel like you are being hunted by an alien, its more like trying to sneak around so you don't wake up the old man. The alien will never try to out smart you, or slowly crawl across the ceiling to sneak up on you because it's smarter than you and it knows that you are hold a weapon that can kill it.b It won't think ahead and set up an ambush. It's also inconsistent, sometimes it can hear you from far away and pin point you, and other times it can't detect you when you are close enough to lick it. Some hunter.

However it's not a bad game if you just treat it as a game, and space station is really nice to look at.

<rant>GIMME SOME PROPER ANTIALIASING THE JAGGIES SUCK </rant>

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fist of Jesus
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fist of Jesus Oct 18, 2014, 07:36 bigspender

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 22:13:
These guys must have found some LSD around somewhere.

Tell me about it. you don't just come up with: "bearded guy living a in sky kingdom, and creating women out of ribs" without taking acid. That is some trippy jimmy Hendrix shit man.

726 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo