Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bigspender

Real Name bigspender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bigspender
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description no co-op = no purchase
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2006, 02:54
Total Comments 776 (Graduate)
User ID 24495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
15. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 20:35 bigspender

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:29:
bigspender wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:13:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is like a First Person Diablo, it would have been really fun

That happened. It was called Hellgate: London.. and it was a massive flop.

Oh yeah, how quickly bad games get forgotten

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
13. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 20:13 bigspender

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is like a First Person Diablo, it would have been really fun  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. May 19, 2015, 20:18 bigspender

The only way Adam Sandler could contribute to saving the world would be if he stops making movies.  

News Comments > Cancelled DOOM Media
6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 19, 2015, 04:00 bigspender

Trevellian wrote on May 19, 2015, 00:26:
I dunno, the new teaser looks like what I expect from a Doom game, graphically and aesthetically, gameplay is still yet to be seen. But a buddy of mine who went to Quakecon when they showed the exclusive footage seemed pretty excited about what he saw and said it LOOKED like a Doom Game, and even gave a nod to Brutal Doom by being bloody and having executions. Only time will tell and it's going to be hard for me to wait till the 14th to see it for myself.

Someone on the Doom forums said it best though, that Canceled Doom 4 game looks like a shitty Killzone of Duty game and the dev team behind it deserved to have it shitcanned.

I agree, Brutal Doom mod is the right direction for the series. We don't need cutscenes, as doom is not a movie. It doesn't need a story past "you're on mars and hell has literally broken loose." Gimme some awesome feeling weapons (not the Doom 3 ones hint hint) and have some monters pop out for me to blow away. That's all I need.

I'm so glad they cancelled this old crap.

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
57. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 20:30 bigspender

Jerykk wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:40:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:22:
Looks terrible.

...seriously? They barely showed anything.

The revenant looked OK. But the shotgun showed us how iD tech engines since Doom 3 like to make everything look melted. The weapon models / textures looked really strange in Doom 3 and this looks almost the same, so I bet it's not limited to just the double shotty. Sigh.

And the sound effects will probably be awful just like doom 3 and rage.

If there is one instance where they take character control away from me for minutes at a time like in Rage I will be pissed.

EDIT: there is something really artificial about the way the weapons and sounds make the game feel.

I remember after HL2 came out, I was surprised now natural everything felt. Despite everything looking quite flat compared to doom 3, it still felt a lot more immersive.

News Comments > Overwatch Video
40. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 22:24 bigspender

harlock wrote on May 14, 2015, 20:32:
goddamn this looks boring

+1 it's a high budget version of quake 1's team fortress mod..... but a really slow version.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Voice Cast
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Voice Cast May 7, 2015, 21:27 bigspender

Kevin Conroy is batman!  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Trailer
3. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Trailer May 4, 2015, 19:47 bigspender

siapnar wrote on May 4, 2015, 19:42:
Man, that guy's dialogue couldn't sound more forced.

Maybe he was being forced.... by a nazi from 1942 *shrugs* And this is a game is a brainwashing device created by some crazy scientist that traveled into the future.

EDIT: but that was terrible, you'd think they would get someone that is at least genuinely enthusiastic about the game or an actor.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 1, 2015, 00:09 bigspender

Fantaz wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 22:53:
nice!

I wonder if they've invited Cliffi B to make him apologise for being a dick to PC games. Or perhaps make him participate in a Climbing for Dollars Runningman style gameshow to see if he can win his life and integrity back.

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Delayed
8. Re: Dead Island 2 Delayed Apr 30, 2015, 23:57 bigspender

No big deal, I'd always rather delays than have a 1/2 assed product on an early release.
Besides, plenty plenty of other games to play in the mean time.

EDIT: and lets face it, it takes time to implement a parkour system, otherwise you wouldn't be as good as the last zombie game

This comment was edited on May 1, 2015, 00:03.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement
16. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement Apr 28, 2015, 02:05 bigspender

Keilun wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 11:57:
Parias wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 11:38:
It sounds like they're FINALLY trying proper campaign co-op with this one though, so I'm intrigued.

This. I basically only play co-op games these days but the choices and moreover their implementations leave a lot to be desired. Perhaps I'm a minority audience (as many devs would have me believe).

My only concern here is that the SP campaigns in CoD games has been mixed and typically short. I actually picked up CoD:Ghost for cheap on a Steam sale and enjoyed the campaign but I must have finished it in 3 hrs. I think the most fun I've had in a coop shooter was Splinter Cell: Conviction which had its own separate coop campaign which lasted me closer to 10-12 hrs.

That was definitely one of the best co-op games I've played! And I've been chasing the dragon ever since.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement
15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement Apr 28, 2015, 02:03 bigspender

My grandson loves these shooty games, I hope I bought the right one. He wanted the one with the robots in it. The man at the store said I could bring it back if his Ex-box wasn't the one that spins a complete 360.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
14. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 01:47 bigspender

Jerykk wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 23:17:
bigspender wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 22:34:
EDIT: I am however pretty excited about what looks to be like some kind of coop mode, with coop moves (batman helps robin jump onto an enemy at 1:49). I've wanted a coop mode in these games, so this will most likely do it for me (provided they don't force the tank stuff too much)

Pretty sure it's not co-op. You'll be able to switch between characters in certain sections of the game.

*removes lose dollar bills from screen*

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
11. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Apr 27, 2015, 22:34 bigspender

The tank doesn't bother me, but the guns on it do. Batman hates guns!

Now if the tank just had up-sized bat gadgets on it, I would have little to complain about, especially if those gadgets were smart/tactical gadgets that would encourage similar bat like strategies as batman would perform in person.

What is needed here are gadgets that allow batman to trap the enemy tanks into small area, then using other gadgets to disable or confuse their weapons, which would allow batman to swoop get in close and give the crew a bat-ass kicking (tanks don't work well in cities, so take advantage of it) Using the tall buildings to conceal and change your position up high so that the tanks cannot get a fix on you. Pre-plant some explosive gel on the road to blow a massive hole in the road to stop the tanks from advancing, use the grapnel to tie their turrets up starwars hoff battle style, and caltrops to shred their tracks/wheels if they attempt to reverse. Use that goo gun or freeze grenade to jam up the sensors and weapons, and while the crew fuddle with the 1/2 disabled tank you could sneak in close and use your detective vision to rip out critical electronics of the tank to disable it completely, or trigger internal fire suppression systems to force the crew out of the tank.

But if this is just going to be a Battlefield 3 APC with a batman skin, with tanks shooting at each other near melee range, that's a terrible terrible idea, as 1. it's boring to play that way 2. it doesn't fit the batman theme.

EDIT: I am however pretty excited about what looks to be like some kind of coop mode, with coop moves (batman helps robin jump onto an enemy at 1:49). I've wanted a coop mode in these games, so this will most likely do it for me (provided they don't force the tank stuff too much)

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2015, 22:44.

News Comments > DOOM Map Sources & More Released
12. Re: DOOM Map Sources & More Released Apr 26, 2015, 22:37 bigspender

If DOOM 4 is less brutal, and slower than Brutal DOOM v20, then they are doing it wrong.

Infact, they might as well just go and put Brutal Doom into the Doom 4 box and sell it as is. It's doom the way I remember it, hell and chaos unleashed.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 22, 2015, 01:56 bigspender

why? There are some pretty good games coming out of it. (this doesn't look like one of them though haha)  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced
20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Announced Apr 17, 2015, 19:31 bigspender

Looks really nice!

Pre-rendered footage, it might be in-game-engine, but it's still prerendered. Or running on four TitanX cards.....

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 18:03 bigspender

GayBlade wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 10:05:
I am really enjoying Daredevil. Good acting, good scripts, and the fight scenes are old school. Loving it all!

is this like some ironic hipster thing? The fight scene posted here is so slow, has no energy, and it's really obvious that Ben TheFleck can't do any of those moves properly.

Of course Monday the 13th is worse than Friday the 13th. At least on Friday it's Friday

News Comments > Alien Isolation 2 Hint?
6. Re: Alien Isolation 2 Hint? Mar 10, 2015, 18:37 bigspender

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 11:57:
Let's hope they make the Alien even smarter

Fixed.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Cinematic
18. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Cinematic Mar 6, 2015, 21:09 bigspender

pffft 30fps. Even the original Doom managed 37fps.

120fps or GTFO

776 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo