Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonathan

Real Name Jonathan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JaZeeL
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2006, 06:43
Total Comments 440 (Amateur)
User ID 24426

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Act of War: High Treason
9. Re: No Skirmish Apr 5, 2006, 20:08 JaZeeL

The new naval units do not work with the skirmish AI.

Thanks for the headsup! That pretty much removes any reason for me to play this expansion -- skirmishes are about all I can handle on most RTS's.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SiN Episode 1 Retail Plans
10. Re: Have your stopwatch ready Apr 5, 2006, 15:59 JaZeeL

I refuse to play games that are distributed via episodic content.

I have the same mentality with television shows that rely on the previous week's episode to follow the story (i.e., 24) -- if I ever do bother to watch them I'd rather just buy a DVD compilation of an entire season and follow the story at my own pace on my own schedule.

News Comments > SiN Episode 1 Retail Plans
2. No subject Apr 5, 2006, 15:33 JaZeeL

So I guess the going rate for steam-released episodes, HL2 related or otherwise, is ~$20?

News Comments > Oblivion Downloads
55. No subject Apr 5, 2006, 10:38 JaZeeL

Uh...Obliviondownloads.com is working fine for me...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Act of War: High Treason
3. No subject Apr 5, 2006, 10:35 JaZeeL

Wow, that seems like the first time I've seen a digital release so far ahead of a traditional store release.

I did enjoy the original AoW, though.

News Comments > Why No KOTOR3?
15. No subject Mar 31, 2006, 14:01 JaZeeL

Um, bugs aside I thought KOTOR2 was a great game and I would definately put down the bucks for KOTOR3. Do I wish all of the KOTOR2 content had made it into the final game? Sure, but I still enjoyed what was there.

Some of the greatest games had some really obnoxious bugs...Quest for Glory anyone? Sounds like Oblivion's the same way, and I'm sure it's also a great game that I'll enjoy when I get around to it.

News Comments > Far Cry Gets Pwned
39. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2006, 14:07 JaZeeL

Surprised noone mentioned it's another Franchise Ubi can run into the ground ala Rainbow Six.

Um...personally, I foresee them using this engine in another Rainbow Six or Splinter Cell game (or something similar) which sounds pretty cool to me. I liked the CryEngine a lot -- wish more people would have used it instead of the UT2K4 engine.

News Comments > Imagine an MMORPG
2. No subject Mar 29, 2006, 23:50 JaZeeL

imagine all the people
wasting their life away...

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch
19. Re: No subject Mar 28, 2006, 20:19 JaZeeL

Hell, I don't understand why anyone would after BF:V.

Cause BF2 had some really sweet trailers? ...and Gulf of Oman was a pretty sweet pick for the demo, too.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 20:20.

News Comments > Returning RTS Tease
35. Re: ... Mar 26, 2006, 18:09 JaZeeL

Starcraft may be popular but it's not THAT popular... get a grip.

I wouldn't be surprised if more people are playing SC right now than all of the C&C universe games combined.

News Comments > Returning RTS Tease
2. No subject Mar 26, 2006, 11:27 JaZeeL

My money's on starcraft -- erm...well, "in the series" ... hmm, maybe another Warcraft, but then again haven't they milked Warcraft enough?

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 11:29.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battle of Europe
2. No subject Mar 23, 2006, 21:32 JaZeeL

What's sad is this looks just like the Aces over Europe/Aces over the Pacific that I was playing when Windows95 came out...

Sure, the graphics are a little better, but not much.

EDIT: Ok, I looked up some screenshots of Aces over Europe -- it's funny what graphics you consider "alright" at one time you think completely different of now. Anyway, yes, this game definately looks better, but the overall gameplay looks like it will offer nothing that the Aces games didn't.

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 21:37.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
3. Re: This game would be good.. Mar 23, 2006, 21:03 JaZeeL

I thought the demo was a blast...

I can't seem to find a demo for this game anywhere?

News Comments > Take-Two Sued
18. No subject Mar 23, 2006, 01:34 JaZeeL

The suit alleges that the company buried this explicit content so that major retailers that would otherwise refuse to carry products containing sexual content would sell their game. By hiding the sexual content, the game could be sold with a "Mature 17+" rating, as opposed to an "Adult 18+" rating, which major retailers would not carry.

Yeah, they're going to bury content -- completely inaccessible without modification -- that destroys their chance of getting a Mature 17+ rating when all they had to do was press the delete key? Sure, ok, whatever... morons.

News Comments > Dell Buys Alienware
18. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 22:14 JaZeeL

Fausticle,

Now bear in mind that I've built all but my first desktop(486DX2/66) that I've ever owned, but I certainly understand Fourpak's point of view.

One can put a considerable amount of time into building their own machine if they research the different components and compare and contrast their options, select vendors to purchase from (though seems like everyone just uses newegg.com these days, and hey they've worked great for me, too), wait for it all to arrive, assemble it, and troubleshoot issues(if any).

The other option, for someone with the money to spare -- can spend 30 minutes selecting and ordering a preconfigured gaming rig that they know will work well out of the box and they can even get a warranty so that its someone elses problem to come out and touch it if something goes wrong, further saving time for someone with a busy lifestyle(hey, maybe they work 70 hours a week and want to enjoy the hours they're not at work).

Is it less time doing it on your own than it is to earn the money to pay for it? For most people, yes, but some of us can bank $3000(or much more) in a week, and to that crowd its not likely as big of a deal, and not worth the stress of doing for themself.

EDIT: Amen Mindtrigger, precisely the way I see it.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 22:17.

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Announcement
29. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 13:53 JaZeeL

Ya Nightfend, I really see an African Robot Army. Maybe America will have some of this shit, but not the rest of the world.

LOL

Yeah, and Terminator 2 forecast artificial intelligence ending three billion lives in 1997. I agree that the United States, assuming we still exist, will have "some of this", but I would be infinitely surprised if we were completely replaced on the battlefield -- there comes a point where you CAN put a value on a human life(you're naive if you think otherwise), because its simply not cost effective or practical to be able to finance a completely robotic army of a significant enough size to still defeat a semi-conventional opposition(perhaps a blend of robotic and organic, as shown in the trailer) -- some day, yes, in ~150 years? Not likely. Hell, look at the economic drain of the Iraq war -- technology is expensive, lives are cheap(cold, but true). My opinion.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 14:09.

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Update
25. Re: This just in.. Mar 22, 2006, 02:58 JaZeeL

I was hoping for the announcement of a cool new tech that allows select players to mask the team they're playing for.

Oh wait, that one was already in BF2. My bad :p

You figured it out! I knew it felt familiar -- it's the spy pack from Tribes Renegades or spy disguise from QWTF/TFC. It's a feature, not a bug! ...must have snuck in from the BF2142 code.

News Comments > Star Wars: Empire at War Patch
8. No subject Mar 22, 2006, 02:56 JaZeeL

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 03:02.

21. No subject Mar 22, 2006, 01:24 JaZeeL

Ant, thanks for the enlightenment -- not sure why I didn't think to google "Mine 2". Anyway, I also got a chance to see "Mine 1" -- funny shit, especially the Lion King/Last Samurai/Braveheart/Madagascar scene. I busted out laughing when "I like to move it" came on.

5. No subject Mar 21, 2006, 22:14 JaZeeL

I don't know a single word (well, now I know a few) of Swedish, but I very very roughly translated the:
P.S. Snoken - vi har sett fram emot Mine 2 och kan lugnt säga att vi inte blev besvikna!
to be...
P.S. Snake - we have looked forward to Mine 2 and can quietly say that we were not disappointed!
... weird. I must have really messed it up, eh? Any Swedes wanna help me out?

Perhaps its a message to another DICE employee about a map/level he made for them[DICE Stockholm] called "Mine 2"? Complete and utter ignorant speculation.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 22:23.

440 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo