Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonathan

Real Name Jonathan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JaZeeL
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2006, 06:43
Total Comments 440 (Amateur)
User ID 24426

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Oblivion Thieves Den
16. No subject May 23, 2006, 08:31 JaZeeL

I'm not buying these mods, but I'm not going to sit here and call those who choose to do so "morons" either. They have the money (who doesn't have $1.89?) -- the content is there -- they like the description -- voila. I'm sure if it was legal to sell third party mods then people would buy them, too (and you can bet your ass people would sell them, too).

This comment was edited on May 23, 08:31.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oblivion Thieves Den
4. Re: Four of these little expansions May 23, 2006, 01:21 JaZeeL

Um ... its beta, but there is a patch... not that I don't think you know that already, but just incase...

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_patches.htm

News Comments > New Source Map Plans
22. Re: May 16, 2006, 16:47 JaZeeL

I'm standing there, pushing enter over and over cause I need the health.

You can get health from the soda machines??

uh, hello, didn't you go to public school in the US? soda machines give you far more health than traditional energy sources.

News Comments > BF2 Community Update
26. Re: No subject May 10, 2006, 18:22 JaZeeL

I'm sorry but removing exploits and unintended bullshit by the developer is a plus. I wish they got rid of this shit a lot earlier like when the game was in beta so people would not get used to the exploit in the first place.

I'm absolutely NOT complaining that they are removing something they consider to be an exploit -- I just think they're retarded for taking nearly a year to do it.

Overon: On what you said about QuakeWars, I asked the same thing a while back and no one ever responding to my comment. Maybe the developers put some really effective subliminal messages in their preview images and trailers?

This comment was edited on May 10, 18:25.

News Comments > BF2 Community Update
18. No subject May 10, 2006, 07:39 JaZeeL

I understand this tactic can be viewed as lame, and yes it does make it harder to take some objectives......but its been that way since day 1 nearly a year ago! I would be surprised if most people don't use this on a regular basis. I can't think of a single game where I haven't (and I'm not talking from a clan perspective -- I'm not in a clan).

This is a MAJOR gameplay change.

Seriously, from day 1 I assumed this was an intentional ability.

NOTE: I'm referring more to being able to switch to another squad when you're dead, and not so much on the "squad chaining".

This comment was edited on May 10, 07:41.

News Comments > Oblivion Rating Change
87. No subject May 7, 2006, 23:24 JaZeeL

Yep -- he was definately in the news in '98. I remember "Osama Bin Laden" was the answer to a question on one of my quizzes in my high school's 11th grade world cultures class. I was the only person I knew that had heard of him before 9/11, though.

News Comments > Bethesda on Oblivion's Rating
48. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 22:24 JaZeeL

Uhhh, the term used by the character in question (Falanu Halalu or w/e it is iirc) definately has sexual connotations

I have spoken to her a small bit about necrophilia, but I guess I haven't gotten to the dialogue you're referring to -- must be activated by some quest.

46. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 21:34 JaZeeL

The REALLY funny thing is that no-one (definately not the ESRB) picked up on or objected to the references to Necrophilia in the game. Try talking to the alchemist in Skingrad ... she has some interesting opinions on the subject. LOL.

nec·ro·phil·i·a
n.
1. Obsessive fascination with death and corpses.
2. Erotic attraction to or sexual contact with corpses.

Not necessarily sexual, "so what?"

Especially as alchemy in this game requires many ingredients found from the dead bodies of humans/creatures -- a likely explanation for an alchemist's fascination.

This comment was edited on May 4, 21:39.

8. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 10:18 JaZeeL

Um, why? That should have no bearing on the rating whatsoever.

No, but it'll show Hillary and others that they don't intend to have the content in the game.

News Comments > Oblivion Rating Change
60. Re: Grrrrr....zzzzzzz..... May 3, 2006, 23:27 JaZeeL

Really, the world won't end if/when the gaming industry ever gets regulated. You really won't notice it. Trust me.

You might not notice it, but you sure will pay for it.

News Comments > BF2: Armored Fury Update
42. Re: ... May 3, 2006, 08:17 JaZeeL

The US/coalition forces are struggling to keep control of the situation and can only monitor small aspects on the country - the US could send more troops in but the cost and risk of casualties is currently deemed too great.

I think they monitor more than you know, and on a related note -- a friend sent me this video the other day:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8147495723793591635&q=night+vision+iraq&pl=true

I really don't think Iraq is as out of control as the liberal press would like to make you think it is.

This comment was edited on May 3, 22:12.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Beta Patch
21. Re: 6 weeks for this? May 3, 2006, 07:59 JaZeeL

6 weeks after release and we get a beta patch.......
Even the fans (amatures) didnt take this long to fix most of oblivion's short coming....
well alteast it is free....though they might charge for the final version of the patch....who knows.....
when thats finally done it will be too little too late for us whom played the game for the past 6 weeks clocking in more then a 100 hours of the gameplay and are almost done with the game. pfft.....next time let the fans help you make YOUR games better for US....until the next chapter of "TES" wii can only hope......

Boohoo...at least they're releasing a patch(s).

News Comments > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Beta Patch
18. Re: ... May 3, 2006, 01:10 JaZeeL

Notice they didn't fix the fact that completing the clavicus vile daedric quest freezes up people's computers (and it freezes up my xbox 360 too!) and there's no way around it. So effectively, I cannot get to the final haermaeus mora daedric quest

I just completed that quest last night, and had no problems...

Oh, and I tried both keeping and not keeping the Umbra.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Preloads Begin
37. Re: No subject May 2, 2006, 15:05 JaZeeL

" It's also pretty bad considering what other forms of entertainment cost. "

Masterbation is Free

Until your penis falls off!

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Preloads Begin
3. No subject May 2, 2006, 10:40 JaZeeL

As much as I enjoyed HL2, up until the citadel, I don't see myself paying $20 for another less than appealing ending to a shortlived story.

The only thing I felt like I learned at the end of HL2 was that the citadel guy was banging the scientist's chick, and that she'd been using his teleporter to go visit the citadel guy in his penthouse atop the citadel.

This comment was edited on May 2, 10:46.

News Comments > BF2: Armored Fury Update
36. Re: interesting May 2, 2006, 09:39 JaZeeL

Does 100:1 casualty ratio mean we win? Not automagically.

That's gonna be my word of the week!

News Comments > Oldblivion for Oblivion
8. No subject Apr 24, 2006, 11:56 JaZeeL

people, LRN2UPGRADE

It's not a matter of learning. Not everyone has the disposable income to upgrade every year or every other year.

I might add that Oblivion runs 'ok' on my PC I put together 4.5 years ago (with a gfx card upgrade 2 years ago).

News Comments > SiN Episode 1: Emergence Preloads
50. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2006, 17:12 JaZeeL

The average action game weighs in at around 10-15 hours of gameplay, roughly 2.5 times the 4-6 hour estimate of the playtime of a Sin episode.

Slight correction, the estimate was 3-6 hours, making it comparable to a full-game value of 7.5-15 hours of gameplay -- not 10-15 hours.

I might also note that you say an average action game "weighs in" at 10-15 hours -- not necessarily stating that as the amount of time estimated by the developer. The SiN developer estimate is 3-6 hours, and this figure is generally higher than how the game actually "weighs in."

Time will tell.

News Comments > Rome: Total War - Alexander Unveiled
6. No subject Apr 5, 2006, 20:12 JaZeeL

I laughed out loud when I read the last four words that last sentence -- hilarious that that is a selling pitch. What's next? "Loads of content for you to blow your load over!"

Even better yet -- they'll pull a Bethesda and sell a magnifying glass for $1.99 so that you can see them up close.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 20:20.

News Comments > SiN Episode 1: Emergence Preloads
18. Re: No subject Apr 5, 2006, 20:09 JaZeeL

Coming in at over 500 Kb/s. Nice. Much better than when I bought HL2 back in the day.

That's cause you're only sharing the pipe with 3 other people.

440 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo