Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonathan

Real Name Jonathan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JaZeeL
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2006, 06:43
Total Comments 440 (Amateur)
User ID 24426

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Stats
47. Re: Its pretty neat Jun 23, 2006, 12:42 JaZeeL

They were right on the mark when they said it would be about 4 hours of gameplay before they released it.

Didn't they say 4-6 hours? 5 hours of gameplay would have been on the mark.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Early Show
1. No subject Jun 23, 2006, 11:33 JaZeeL

After having played BF2 into the ground, this trailer doesn't really excite me or appear to bring much new to the table.

However, if they include more (and interesting) gameplay types other than conquest (or whatever it is they call it in BF2) then BF2142 might interest me.

News Comments > Prey Demo
128. Re: Hot sizzlin' damn! Jun 23, 2006, 11:26 JaZeeL

Hitting the switch because it's there (like a good gamer), then realising you turned the fucking thing BACK ON and actually FEELING LIKE SHIT ABOUT IT (thought about reloading).

I did reload, then the next time before that same style of switch, I hesitated, not knowing what it might do.

LOL, me too.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Stats
11. No subject Jun 23, 2006, 11:10 JaZeeL

Oh no! Better delete this post before Riley reads it! He'll flip!

News Comments > Prey Demo
3. No subject Jun 22, 2006, 00:16 JaZeeL

http://www.download.com/Prey-demo/3000-7453_4-10552043.html?tag=pdp_prod

The game footage from the interview video on the gamespot mainpage makes Prey look like it might be a lot of fun.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Preorder Plans
106. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2006, 06:48 JaZeeL

I heard ET:QW will not let you play until you submit a urine sample so that the evil marketers can determine our diet and which brands should have special ET:QW editions.

Actually, you've gotten it wrong, it was a sperm sample. The players with the best stats will have their sperm [or eggs] used to help create a superior human race for future military personnel...DoD's funding the project. Hey...they need good pilots for the Predators...good hand-eye coordination.

*Riley grabs his balls, shudders, and tries to find somewhere to hide them as he reads this post*
This comment was edited on Jun 21, 06:50.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
5. Re: Right... Jun 20, 2006, 00:03 JaZeeL

I forecast MLK Jr. day.

News Comments > Evening Preview
1. No subject Jun 19, 2006, 20:43 JaZeeL

Such a beautiful game...sounds like a lot of fun, too (tactical ammo). Shame it'll be 2 or 3 years before I have a machine that'll run it decently.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Preorder Plans
82. Re: Fixed Usernames?! Jun 19, 2006, 18:53 JaZeeL

There is a huge difference between simply being in public and being observed and tracked in public and having those records stored.

I'm going to guess Google isn't your search engine of choice?

News Comments > DoD: Source Map Plans
4. Re: . Jun 19, 2006, 08:54 JaZeeL

Well let's talk about something important in this space then; like will games ever start shipping on DVD; at least before DVD becomes obsolete?

All of the most recent games (in the last...2 years) that I have purchased have been DVD-ROM's (when the game has consisted of more than 1 or 2 CD-ROM's of data, not BF2:SF for example). Perhaps retail stores where you live only purchase the CD-ROM versions to sell? I know I have noticed that in some areas.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Update
19. Re: Muahahah! Jun 18, 2006, 16:10 JaZeeL

Paranoid:
Never said I could reproduce it... nor did I say I could recreate it at will. Hell, I am the consumer not the Q/A or one of the Programers on the game. Why would I want to spend my time reproducing a bug so that you can fix it unless I am looking for a job in the industry?

"Must be really hard to recreate the bug."

Made me laugh my ass off. I can recreate that bug a dozen times a map if not more....

Saying that you can recreate it "a dozen times a map" -- meaning that you can recreate it a dozen times in 15-45 minutes -- is definately saying you could recreate it at will. If you can't figure out how you're doing something at basically the rate of one instance per 3-4 minutes (12 instances / 45 minutes), roughly each time you spawn if you die often, then you have problems. The whole point here is that you're full of shit and you can't recreate it and you were exaggerating your estimate in the first place. In 100 hours of gameplay I saw this bug 3-5 times, tops.

No one's saying it is your job to reproduce a bug so that they can fix the game, but if you're not going to help then why are you bitching about it? "Oooooooh whoa is me...I am poor...I need food...let me lay in this gutter and whine while I starve to death instead of going to find some food...even though I know where the soup kitchen is giving food for free" -- same concept.

Webdemon:
Yeah? Well Desert Combat gave us everything and then some that BF2 has and it was ZERO bucks.

The only reason Desert Combat was free was because they didn't have the legal right to sell it to you, so this point is mute.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 16:14.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
12. Re: well... Jun 15, 2006, 18:24 JaZeeL

Yeah, I'm out on BF2142 as well. Fool me once...

Well, I'm certainly going to get some entertainment out of the demo...:) I enjoyed playing the BF2 demo for like a week or two (I had not, and still have not, played BF1942 or BF:Vietnam...so BF2 was a welcomed experience for modern semi-large vehicle/infantry based combat).

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 18:26.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
9. Re: No subject Jun 15, 2006, 09:56 JaZeeL

I saw someone mention Tribes. Well good news for all the Tribes fans. Tribes:Source is under developement i saw on Tribalwar. Hopefully it will see the light of day!

Not to rain on your (or their) parade, but the Source engine is definately not a viable engine for the next generation of tribes. I would be insanely surprised if it turns out successful -- to put it in perspective, the level of surprise I would have if I won the Powerball jackpot.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 DM Changes
13. Re: No subject Jun 15, 2006, 09:48 JaZeeL

I've noticed this with several high profile games that you'd expect to be having tons of great mods.

I had many hours of enjoyment out of the SourceFort's mod. I would definately elect to play it over DM. Everything gets stale after a while, though.

http://www.sourcefortsmod.com

The one game that DOES have some amazing mods, UT2004, has absolutely no one playing them (unless you count juvenile crap like low-grav sniper arena)

UT2k4 is a prime example of what happens when you uber-fragment a community -- I think the Make Something Unreal contest inspired mod makers, but at the same time killed chances of any mod gaining any real dominance. I did enjoy playing Red Orchestra for some time, though.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 09:52.

News Comments > New BF2 Map & Mode?
51. Re: Battlefield 2 Jun 11, 2006, 13:19 JaZeeL

I've never had any problems sniping in this game. I'm patient enough that I usually hit what I'm shooting at and even if I don't get kills on every one of them, I get a kill assist and it disrupts what the enemy's doing. That's what a good sniper is supposed to do, not rack up 800 kills a round.

I initially had problems sniping during the demo, so I never tried it when the full game came out. About 6 months later after I was bored with all the other classes I revisited the sniper and I found the same thing, Jow.

The sniper rifle is quite effective once you get the hang of it and learn where the hitbox for the head is at, and even if you miss his head, just like jow stated, you're most likely going to get a kill assist on him or kill him in your next shot. Sniping isn't about getting 800 kills per round, it's about being that pain in the ass off in the distance that you either go after and kill or switch to sniper and get him at his own game (see: disruption)

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 13:21.

34. Re: Infantry Only? Jun 10, 2006, 18:17 JaZeeL

Interstate, that confirms you are thousands of miles away form me. We dont have interstates and the fact you seem to hand out 9mm's with rice crispies. Oh wait, silly yank seems to think the world consists of 50 states.

Oh my, you are freak...and I'm done feeding this troll.

31. Re: Infantry Only? Jun 10, 2006, 18:12 JaZeeL

You are thousands of miles away from me stupid ass-wad. I care not for funky slogans ripped from your new age bible or your old wives tales.

You're quite mistaken if you think I believe I can do anything to you. You're also a fool if you don't think disrespecting others won't bite you in the ass. I was merely saying that one day you will piss off the wrong person from your lack of consideration -- maybe it's the guy you cutoff on the interstate one day that happens to be packing his 9mm with him.

25. Re: Infantry Only? Jun 10, 2006, 18:08 JaZeeL

Maturity? WE are talking about "Video games" and you are talking about maturity, you are funny.

I don't see how playing a video game makes you immature. Does one grow too old to enjoy entertainment?

Your immaturity is based on your lack of respect for others, and that's fine because your day will come. What goes around comes around, mon ami, and you won't get support from anyone here for being a wanker.

19. Re: Infantry Only? Jun 10, 2006, 18:04 JaZeeL

How about no I paid, I can do as I wish.

From your maturity level it sounds like daddy paid for it.

15. Re: Infantry Only? Jun 10, 2006, 18:02 JaZeeL

Thats the game, if you dont like it, leave it.

No, that is absolutely you being a jackass to ruin the enjoyment of others.

440 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo