Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fatguy

Real Name fatguy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname fatguy
Email fatguy_is_skinny@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 15, 2006, 00:51
Total Comments 101 (Novice)
User ID 24422

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
10. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 12:20 fatguy

What a bunch of tools. They are stooping to the same level of the company that made WarZ right after the DayZ mod came out. A cash grab ripoff. They are probably in overdrive trying to get the game released before DayZ standalone is done.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online) Next Month
6. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online) Next Month Mar 17, 2014, 20:33 fatguy

This is one of the most pay to win games in existence.

The game itself would be pretty fun if not for the insane imbalance unlike anything I have ever seen outside of MMORPG games where a level 50 is fighting a level 2.

I was playing before and did 2 damage with one of my SMG shots... 2 DAMAGE against a player that has fully upgraded armor and weapons and is a class that has 150HP (more if they buy inserts for their armor to upgrade their health). With his upgraded weapon he could kill me in 2 body hits with his assault rifle.

News Comments > Hawken Relaunching on Steam
9. Re: Hawken Relaunching on Steam Feb 5, 2014, 22:31 fatguy

What was pay to win about it? Like I said the starter mech everyone gets was one of the best.  

News Comments > Hawken Relaunching on Steam
7. Re: Hawken Relaunching on Steam Feb 5, 2014, 21:42 fatguy

I played a ton when it first came out and I was able to get the majority of the mechs and do well without spending any money. I really enjoyed the game while I played. It was very skill based and could be pretty exciting. But it could also be very frustrating with the usual f2p pvp game problems. At the time the matchmaking wasn't good and most games resulted in one team completely destroying the other for 15 minutes. Dunno if that's changed at all but it's a common theme among these f2p games, or pretty much all pvp games I suppose (a team of 6 that has 4 snipers in the back while the objective is in the center.) The mechs themselves were pretty balanced, as they each had pros and cons, and I'm sure the balance has only improved with time.

One of the best mechs was definitely the starter mech that looks like a giant TV/microwave. Though it was very generic to play, medium armor and a rocket in 1 hand and a maching gun in the other. Also a tip for all you newbs who might try it: With the rocket launcher you can click again while it's in mid air and cause it to explode. People were playing that game for months without realizing that's how it worked.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2014, 22:20.

News Comments > DayZ Beta No Sooner Than End of 2014
10. Re: DayZ Beta No Sooner Than End of 2014 Jan 6, 2014, 22:15 fatguy

I played the mod, and bought the standalone. I've had a lot of fun with both.

Also I think it's a great thing that they allow people who want to play a game to play it early. It's a risk to buy into something at such an early stage but if you watch lots of videos and some decent reviews you know exactly what you are getting into when you buy into early access games. I always loved getting into any betas I could, this just allows me to play games I want to play even earlier. And on them not releasing the full game any time soon, I think that is a GREAT thing. It means the game will be worked on for a long time and will have a lot more features than it currently has. And imo, it is currently fun for me.

I've gotten a few early access games and never received something unexpected with them.

Natural Selection 2, Insurgency 2, Arma 3, Kenshi, and Blade Symphony were all early access games I got and I enjoyed them all.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2014, 22:31.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 25, 2013, 13:06 fatguy

Aww all those poor poor people who are committing crimes because they are told to. Poor guys.  

News Comments > Tactical Intervention Open Beta
5. Re: Tactical Intervention Open Beta Sep 1, 2013, 11:33 fatguy

I'm sure you got the full game experience in 11 minutes of game time.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2013, 12:11.

News Comments > Tactical Intervention Open Beta
1. Re: Tactical Intervention Open Beta Aug 30, 2013, 11:56 fatguy

People keep hating on this game but I enjoyed it. Felt like the early days of CS betas and it has features and ideas that no other games have. The only thing I really disliked was the free to play buying weapons with real money aspect of it.  

News Comments > Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month
13. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 4, 2013, 06:03 fatguy

I've played GTA4 MP, not the same type of gameplay. The concept of car chases and shooting out windows is the same but it plays out very differently.

It's also not like CSGO other than modern weapons and round based. The weapons handle different, level design is different, objectives are different, though you can see it's roots are CS. I'm pretty sure everyone on this website should stop playing games anyways. Everyone on here hates video games.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2013, 06:21.

News Comments > Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month
10. Re: Tactical Intervention on Steam Next Month Jul 4, 2013, 00:36 fatguy

I love the car chase levels in this game. Hadn't laughed quite that hard at the absurdity of how those multiplayer rounds turned out. Especially when it was a full server with several cars with 5 players each chasing each other spraying machine guns and pistols trying to kill and defend the VIP. It's not the best fps game I've played but I cannot deny the fun I had. And I don't doubt it will continue to improve. I started playing when he did the Reddit AMA which brought a lot of new players. The player base was still low and many people were rage quitting as it has a bit of a learning curve.

My biggest gripe about it was many of the maps were limited to very small sections per round. Then after a few rounds it switches to the next part of the map. It felt very closed off but the rounds were quick and intense. He also promised they were making more car chase maps and bigger maps, so I'm looking forward to what happens to this game.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2013, 02:08.

News Comments > Dark Souls II Next March
53. Re: Dark Souls II Next March Jun 4, 2013, 20:58 fatguy

Reading these comments and so many like them makes it blatantly clear why games have been dumbed down more and more over the years.  

News Comments > Dark Souls PC "Half-Assed" - PC Prioritized for Sequel
23. Re: Dark Souls PC Apr 12, 2013, 12:04 fatguy

PC port can be fixed by downloading some small mods. It's recommended by everyone and their mother to use a controller but I've been playing through the whole game on Mouse and Keyboard. It just takes a good while to learn how to handle it. The PC port was shitty, but the game is fantastic, well worth it if you have patience and want to play the game. It's challenging, rewarding, has a deep but subtle story, and many fun and interesting features. My biggest complaint is Games for Windows Live and the shitty connections when it comes to coop/pvp. This game isn't for everyone, but for the people who know how to get past challenges and don't just skip through everything in a hurry, it's one of the best games out there.

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2013, 12:12.

News Comments > Warframe Registers 1M Players
13. Re: Warframe Registers 1M Players Apr 6, 2013, 17:53 fatguy

I found the game fun, but wont spend money on it, not much reason to unless you want a quick fix. Grouping is quick and easy, there are a ton of people. The only real downside is sometimes there is severe lag with random groups. As for whether the company is making money.. I guarandamnty they are making a good amount of money off this game. You can see all the nooby people who dont know what they are doing running around with advanced warframes and weapons all the time. It's a fun mindless game with a well concealed grind and stylish skin.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
30. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 15:10 fatguy

I've gotten many times more than 15 hours of enjoyment from every CoD game I have played over the years. Infinite looks fun, but I haven't payed 60$ for a game in a couple years. Like others, I will wait for a price drop.  

News Comments > Insurgency Early Access
3. Re: Insurgency Early Access Mar 3, 2013, 01:03 fatguy

Wasn't generic, It had a more tactical type of gameplay than most of the shooters out at the time (and now). I doubt it will do well because most players will rage quit when faced with a game that doesn't have a skill ceiling made for midgets, but I hope it does do well.

Plus Red Orchestra was a free mod and has since had 2 sequels which made the company money. Also Natural Selection 2. Counter strike. Day of Defeat. Team Fortress. Mount and blade: Napoleonic wars. Probably some more.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2013, 01:11.

News Comments > Insurgency Early Access
1. Re: Insurgency Early Access Mar 2, 2013, 20:19 fatguy

The mod was really cool, I hope this game does well.  

News Comments > DayZ Mod on Steam
8. Re: DayZ Mod on Steam Feb 21, 2013, 13:08 fatguy

I've played a lot of games and have come across a lot of hackers, but this game takes the cake. If you don't play on private hives you will without a doubt come across many hackers. It's a shame too cause many of the populated private hives are further modded and not true DayZ.  

News Comments > MoH SEAL Consultants Reprimanded
21. Re: MoH SEAL Consultants Reprimanded Nov 9, 2012, 14:18 fatguy

A shitty reprimand for giving shitty advice to a shitty company on how to make a shitty game based on their experiences in taking part in shitty wars for a shitty government and for shitty reasons. A good story all around.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Sep 19, 2012, 18:48 fatguy

Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 15:44:
Yeah, after all this time BM is a pretty huge letdown. 6+ years for what exactly?

An amazingly done remake of one of the best games ever made. If you like the original game then saying this let you down is just stupid. It's almost exactly the same but shinier. Oh this monster does 10 less damage and this badguy has better aim than in the original? WORTHLESS

Gimme some 60$ mediocrity pleaaaase.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Details
18. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Details Jul 9, 2012, 15:04 fatguy

I hope this game turns out to be as awesome as people say, but it really seems like most people who say goods things have just fallen in the big ball of hype rolling down the mountain. Much like many other hyped up games previously released. No open beta to see for myself sucks, it means I have to trust people from the internet... ugh... or even worse... Review websites... uuuugh.  

101 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo