Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1459 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Flagship Loses IPs, Closes
47. Re: Whatever Jul 13, 2008, 09:40 CJ_Parker

lol@Flagship

Glad to see these losers exit the video game market. Now if you would please be so kind as to fucking retire, Mr. Roper, instead of polluting another poor company with your retarded corpse. kthxbye.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from E3 2008, Part 4
3. Re: What makes a good E3 press conferenc Jul 12, 2008, 09:55 CJ_Parker

What makes a good E3 press conference?

Like... booth babes that give head for free? Dooooohhhh...

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Approved
12. Re: No subject Jul 9, 2008, 08:09 CJ_Parker

Vivendi acquired Activision. Vivendi contributed their Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games including Blizzard, Sierra et al) unit to the merger plus $1.7bn in cash. Activision just contributed themselves and their shareholders received a nice, fat 31% premium for selling out.
At the end of the whole deal, Vivendi received a 52% (controlling) stake in the newly formed Activision Blizzard.
They dropped the Vivendi Universal Games brand for Blizzard since Blizzard is undoubtedly the more recognizable, more established and more reputable brand.

So, since Vivendi is controlling the whole thing, Blizzard are effectively keeping their old bosses since they have been a part of Vivendi/VU Games for years now. Nothing's really changing for them. If anything, it's Activision that might get fucked up as a result of the acquisition.

News Comments > Warcraft III Patches
42. Re: No subject Jul 1, 2008, 19:51 CJ_Parker

Another stupid question: It's safe to delete off the install folders once the install is done right? IE there's no reason the game should need them (once the full game is installed)?

Nope. You need to keep the folders just like if you own the CDs you need to whack off on them in regular intervals. Obviously with the folders it's more convenient since you just need to whack off looking at the folders instead of actually whacking off onto them. Cool, huh?

News Comments > Diablo III Announced
84. Re: ... Jun 28, 2008, 19:16 CJ_Parker

The isometric style with modern graphics tech is looking gorgeous in Diablo 3, and I think would've been much better suited to Fallout 3 than its current "pandering to the weak-minded masses" over-the-shoulder view.

Errmmm... isometric is WAY more "pandering to the weak-minded masses" than OTS or FPP. OTS or FPP usually cause motion sickness in people who are not into (hardcore) gaming. Isometric also alleviates orientation and is easily the most accessible perspective since all you have to do is point and click like a tard.
The success of dumbed down isometric tard games like Diablo or Baldur's Gate is proof enough of that.
Sorry but please try again to come up with a retarded bullshit reason to hate on Bethesda and FO3.
Diablo is continuing in the isometric tradition because it is a game aimed at the "weak-minded" masses.
Fact. True story. You = pwned + STFU, n00b. kthxplzdiebye.

News Comments > E3 to Show Games!
15. Re: Doom4 Jun 28, 2008, 06:43 CJ_Parker

I think you missed my point. I don't care about the risk. I'm not a shareholder or a publisher. I'm a gamer.

Yup. A gamer who doesn't even buy games but just torrents them all. Why don't you just STFU? As someone who isn't even spending any money on games, you are about as irrelevant as it gets.

News Comments > Blizzard: Another Day, Another Tease
38. Re: No subject Jun 24, 2008, 19:25 CJ_Parker

Blizz's name for their codename for their unannounced project is Hydra. Hydra's supposedly have 3 heads

Hydrae in mythology usually have nine heads, not three. You uneducated, burger-munching, basement-dwelling, American dumbfuck console zombie!

News Comments > StarCraft II Date?
8. Re: No subject Jun 23, 2008, 17:44 CJ_Parker

I thought we figured this out about 10 years ago. Release dates from retailers mean nothing.

Yup. But some of us have actually advanced in time and aren't still stuck in our mom's basement where the realities of life around us don't catch up with us .
Retailer dates might have been inaccurate until a few years ago but those times have long gone. Gaming has become a big business where retail shelf space needs to be rented months in advance and where manufacturer/retailer resources need to be allocated a long time before the product ships. You can't just dump a few 100K copies of a product on Wal-Mart or EB Games in a surprise move. You need to plan carefully and manage the logistics professionally nowadays. That's why the big publishers send advance info to the retailers via product catalogues with pretty accurate release dates.
Of course, there can always be a "last minute" (last minute = usually a few weeks before the anticipated release date) delay but if a date has been set in stone then it's usually fairly accurate and coming from the publisher. Naturally, it's always subject to change but I wouldn't be surprised if the SC2 date is very accurate. SC2 is a mega launch so the retailers need an extra-extra-extra advance warning to get their shit together for "S-day". That's why we can be pretty sure as of now that December 3 is indeed the date...

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
6. Re: gt280 Jun 17, 2008, 06:51 CJ_Parker

Lurn 2 reed, n00b!!!111 I like said "under load". I know that it's not drawing power like mad at idle (quite the contrary). But what serious gamer who spends that kind of money on a gfx card gives a fuck about "idle"? Ya'd have ta be really retarded to get one of those puppies just for surfing the web and shit like that.

But when you use the card for its intended purpose (gaming), the card begins to eat power alive and the fan speeds up, creating even more noise. That would be OK if you'd get a really tangible performance leap from this card but you ain't gettin' that. Crysis is still barely playable at high resolutions and in other games, well, it doesn't really matter whether you get 127 FPS or 174 FPS, does it?

That's why I consider this card useless at that price point. They need to bring the price of the 280 down to sub $300 and the 260 to sub $250. Two 8800GT's in SLI are outperforming the 280 at a much lower price even though you have to buy two cards. That's just not right. There is nothing at all (like DirectX 10.1 support or any other cool new features) that would justify a price premium of the 280/260 over the previous gen.

This is basically G80 re-re-recycled and that's just lame but I guess we'll have to wait for the next console gen before PC graphics will really start to evolve at a faster pace again. Right now there's no need for really high end stuff because the games (being targeted at X360/PS3 hardware) just don't require it.
Crysis (and its Warhead expansion) might be the last PC-exclusive title in a long time that are/were aimed at the high end faction. Well, and we all know how that turned out for Crytek so there's no one going to make the same "mistake" any time soon.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
4. Re: gt280 Jun 16, 2008, 20:40 CJ_Parker

Way too expensive for the relatively minor performance gain. Draws power like mad under load and gets pretty hot, making a lot of noise when playing games. No DirectX 10.1 support. No really cool new features (like a new shader model or any other fancy stuff). Just a little bit bigger and faster than the previous gen. In other words: This one's a loser.

nVidia needs to move on to a 55nm process and pump out a sleek, cool, silent, high performance DirectX 10.1+ compatible chip at an attractive price target (~US$250 to $300 max). Something kinda like the original 8800GTS. Which I still own and won't replace with any of this crap. Try again, nVidia. Harder.

News Comments > Call of Duty 5 Details - Co-op Support
52. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2008, 09:56 CJ_Parker

You could also have air combat in a WWI game, as well as a bit of tank and naval warfare.

Yeah, you could. You could also shoot yourself through the kneecaps to see if it really hurts and impedes movement.

Dude, seriously. WWI ain't much fun because everything is so slow and lacking punch. Even WWII feels painfully dated IMHO when you have one of those n00b weapons like an M1 or Lee Enfield and other slow shooting/reloading crap like that. There's so much they could do with modern settings (imaginative or real CT force, DEA, mercenary squads, any army in the world etc). WWI and II is lame by comparison.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Age of Conan Gameplay Performance and IQ Jun 9, 2008, 19:26 CJ_Parker

did anyone else click hoping to see the relation of people's IQ and their game play performance in Age of Conan?

Nope. Only dumbfucks with a REALLY LOW IQ like you did .

IQ of a bread crumb > rocketpcguy

True story.

News Comments > Carmack on Crysis
28. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2008, 05:41 CJ_Parker

How much will you pay for Vista alone? And since when has Crysis supported DX9? If that were the case, people could run it in XP, couldn't they?

And the award for "Most Clueless Retarded Dumbass of the Day" goes to...

-= WILSON =-

Congrats, man. You really earned this one.

News Comments > DNF Trailer (Or Lack Thereof) Follow-up
62. Re: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!! Jun 3, 2008, 17:42 CJ_Parker

WannaBeCoolPCGamer: Dude... I'm sooooooo not gonna even bother about checking out any non-news on DNF! I mean, SERIOUSLY!

EvenWannaBeCoolerPCGamer: Duuuuude, me neither. I'm not even gonna begin thinking about commenting on this retarded DNF thread. Oh. Oops. I just did.

NearlyTheCoolestWannaBePCGamer: George Broussard is a sack of shit!!!1111!1!

TheCoolestWannaBePCGamer: Fuck 3D Realms, d00d!!!

TheUltimateWannaBeCoolestPCGamer: WTF is DNF???

And in the end there were sheep. And sheep bought DNF like it was milk and honey raining down from the heavens. And DNF won. And it was good...

News Comments > Crysis: No More Patches, Linux Server on Hold
91. Re: No subject Jun 2, 2008, 09:03 CJ_Parker

Crysis might have "sold" a million (EA quoted "worldwide" sales by the way, not just North America and a million worldwide isn't really anything worth bragging about with a game that scope) BUT at what price point and under which circumstances?

Remember: The game very quickly dropped from ~US$ 50 to ~US$ 30 after only two months or so. Secondly, there were some major bundle deals on Amazon like "Buy a full price game and get Crysis for free" (yes, FREE!). Thirdly, the game was also bundled with some video cards.

I'm willing to bet real money that EA included all of these "sales" in their "one million" announcement. The number of copies that were really sold at full price at retail are probably much, much lower.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mass Effect
54. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 12:29 CJ_Parker

The mentality you guys hold over this issue is just astounding.

It ain't astounding, dude. It's actually flat out depressing that we are surrounded by so many uber tards. I'm almost a little scared here in awe of so much collective dumbfuckery all around me .

News Comments > Dark Horizon Announced
8. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 11:56 CJ_Parker

Sounds great on paper. Now please don't fuck this up, Paradox.  

News Comments > Venetica Announced
8. Re: The coming video game crash May 28, 2008, 09:30 CJ_Parker

saturation of the market with dozens of consoles? check

How is that a "check"? Where's the dozens? The market has consolidated down to three major console platforms (PS3/X360/Wii). Back in the 80s there were a lot more consoles. The market also doesn't seem to be saturated yet since console sales and console game sales continue to grow at impressive levels. We're far, far away from a "check" on this one.

hundreds of mostly low-quality games? check

Compared to back then? Hell no. Even "low quality" games cost a few million $$$ these days. No one's got a few million to dump that easily. Back then it was very, very different because development teams were often made up of only a handful of people at most who were working from home or very small offices. Most games had a budget of a few thousand dollars and were made within a few weeks or months.

Nowadays, even if you want to produce a low quality game, you need a team of 20+ people, a decent office + equipment + software licenses + beer + hookers and all that crap which will set you back a few million dollars at a development cycle of approximately 2-3 years.

Lastly, there's also the difference in scale. "Hundreds of low quality games" back then would equal "hundreds of thousands" of low quality games today simply because the market grew by a few 1000% since the early 80s. Today's market can easily stomach a few hundred "low quality" games because it's so much bigger.

Totally different thing. Once again we're far, far away from a "check".

Hundreds of games in development? check

Once again we need to remember how the scale changed. Today's market is so much bigger that we'd only need to worry if dozens of thousands of games were in the making but the entry level requirements of today's market (a budget of a few million dollars and a certain level of proficiency) do create a "natural" border that isn't easily overcome by any kid that can code three lines of Assembler (like back in the early 80s).
Again: Totally different thing.

News Comments > Tech Bits
21. Re: No subject May 25, 2008, 18:53 CJ_Parker

Not quite the tiny lifespan (what, 2 years or so?) of ME, but proof enough that Vista is, even by Microsoft's own judgment, a stopgap of an operating system. They didn't want to have a 10 year gap between OS releases. Still, a projected 3 year life span, and probably only a 4 year life span on the shelf is telling.

It's not telling. The only thing that's telling is your username which must be referring to your brain activity curve .

OK, with that out of the way, the long market presence of Windows XP was an unusual one. Remember that MS always used to push operating systems out the door every 2-3 years. Windows 95, 95A/B, 98, 98SE, ME, 2K and XP all came out within a period of roughly six years.
Back then everyone complained about being ripped off and how it was unfair that they had to update all the time. That's when MS decided to take it easier after XP had come out.

They are just going back to a slightly faster new product cycle now. All of the theories that they are "rushing" Windows 7 to replace Vista are retarded. Four years+ are hardly "rushing".
And then there's the simple fact that they are in the business of selling OS. Believe it or not but it actually helps and makes sense to develop and offer up new products every once in a while.
Additionally their business model is about to change. MS wants (actually has wanted to for quite a little while already) to go subscription based at some point. That's another reason why they need a new product. It would be severely retarded to assume that Windows Seven wouldn't be coming as fast if Vista were a top seller. MS wants and needs Windows Seven for a much larger variety of reasons other than just to replace Vista.

News Comments > RPG Roundtables
10. Re: No subject May 25, 2008, 17:20 CJ_Parker

i wish someone would have the balls to develop an mmo, or rpg otherwise where there were no levels.

There have been quite a number of attempts at no level MMOs. One of the most prominent examples would have to be Star Wars Galaxies at launch. The game had no levels then but a skill point system where you could freely distribute 250 skill points among 32 professions with very distinct entry, mastery and general skill point requirements. The skill point system usually allowed you to master approximately two and a half professions. It was great fun thinking up and trying out a lot of different profession builds (mastering a profession didn't take very long in SWG, it was only a mild grind and it also didn't cost "gold" or credits to revoke your current skills back then but you could simply unlearn any profession any time).

It was basically a great concept that unfortunately suffered from poor execution on the dev side. Too many professions were bugged and thus pointless while others were overpowered due to exploitable class abilities or equipment.
It's too bad Lucas and SOE decided to introduce levels with the CU (= combat upgrade, one of SWG's infamous game overhauls) instead of fixing the original system. It had a lot of potential...

1459 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo