Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1694 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale, Day 4
7. Re: Steam Sale, Day Four Jun 27, 2010, 19:00 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Jun 27, 2010, 15:37:
99 cents for Gothic II plus expansion.

Creston

Though it's not much but that's still 99c down the toilet for everyone with the combo: Windows 7 (32-/64-bit does not matter) + nVidia graphics card

... because nVidia still ain't fixed their goddamn Win7 drivers even tho' Gothic 2 incompatibility has been on the list of known issues for months now. Lame.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jun 25, 2010, 19:11 CJ_Parker

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 11:50:
Get the "scene" demo and play for yourself.

Yep. Do that. And then get back on the next DRM thread here and bitch about "draconian" DRM. Then look in the mirror. And vomit. Thank you.

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Conviction Patch
5. Re: Splinter Cell: Conviction Patch Jun 25, 2010, 08:35 CJ_Parker

Paketep wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 06:10:
It still is a spit in the faces of their customers.

I'm a customer of theirs and I don't feel spat at so it'd be great if you would kindly shut the fuck up kthx .

News Comments > PC BC2 Patch Monday at Soonest
9. Re: PC BC2 Patch Monday at Soonest Jun 23, 2010, 13:29 CJ_Parker

Haha Steam fails. What else is new?

News Comments > Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 Sale
5. Re: Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 Sale Jun 19, 2010, 18:30 CJ_Parker

The Mass Effect 1 deal is OK. ME 2, however, has been available for a much lower price at retail for months already so it's not much of a deal at all.

News Comments > RAGE Trailers
27. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 17:18 CJ_Parker

Fion wrote on Jun 17, 2010, 16:52:
Doom 3 was a solid game. Some of it's designs were a bit backwards but I don't know a single person (IRL) who didn't enjoy the game. It's only online where bashing Id is the 'in thing' that I saw people calling it absolute trash and a horrible game.

Well, have you ever considered the possibility that you might be surrounded by retards "IRL"? I have but I'm a nice guy so in your favor I'm gonna assume that it is an opposites attract kind of thing with you. Mwwwaahahahahahaha .

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Creative Director Leaves
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Creative Director Leaves Jun 13, 2010, 17:26 CJ_Parker

Iz ALL becuz uf teh DRM I tellz YA OMIGODWTFBBQRULZ0r!!!111!!

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer
7. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2010, 18:52 CJ_Parker

bigspender wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 18:46:
is it just me being spoilt with new games lately, or have the graphics gotten worse in this game?

You really thought Obdisian would actually be able to improve upon something when working with an established tech? Really? Bwwahahahahhahaha. Someone get an ambulance for this guy. Quick!

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer
6. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2010, 18:50 CJ_Parker

HAHA unother Obsidian fail in the making but I'm sure the fanbois will find plenty of apologies again. Like when Bethesda visited and then how Todd Howard's dog was chasing after Pete Hines' cat and then the stupid cat slammed into the server that was holding all the awesome dialog that was written by MCA so that in the end all the dialog that was used in the game had to be rewritten by Howard's dawg cuz MCA was pissed and wouldn't do it himself.

Or something like that. I don't know. All I know is that Obsidian fanbois are very inventive. You know, instead of just facing the cruel fucking truth which is that Obsidian is just a gang of hopelessly untalented hacks.

Well, on the bright side they will at least be fucking up a franchise I don't really give a shit about this time (unlike Star Wars which I actually do give two shits about) so it's all good. Go, Obsidian, go. Fuck this bitch up good. You know you can.

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans
56. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 12, 2010, 06:06 CJ_Parker

Sempai wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 00:41:
These guys are so full of their own shit.

So is this the same as when you stated the Xbox360 & Ps3 versions were identical?..Naw that wasnt a bold faced lie was it..
I dig how these cocksuckers at Rockstar speak to us all as if we are retarded lemmings, no respect whatsoever man..

Fucking lies and bullshit is all that spews forth from these douche bags pie holes.

Oh look you pulled the same shit with GTA4..
I have 0 respect for these asshats.

Dude you need to lay off the gay Rockstar fanboyism. It's disgusting to witness that much butt-kissing. Seriously...

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 "Point Man" Trailer
6. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 19, 2010, 17:14 CJ_Parker

Soulburner wrote on May 19, 2010, 16:55:
As far as I know, Monolith is *not* developing this...

As far as you know? Wow. Dude. You must be Soul-Sherlock-Burner, man. I mean it only says that the dev is Day 1 Studios in the newsbit and you can also see them credited in the trailer. Not a bad job there. We only had these two very vague clues there and you actually managed to piece them together perfectly. Impressive!

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins - The Darkspawn Chronicles Released
4. Re: Dragon Age: Origins - The Darkspawn Chronicles Released May 18, 2010, 21:58 CJ_Parker

kxmode wrote on May 18, 2010, 21:20:
I hope that $2.50 was worth it Microsoft!

I'm sure it was. If I were MS I'd pay morons like you $100 to STFU.

Seriously though... it needs to be said that MS -at least in BioWare's case- has adjusted its points system, well, and as far as I remember it's not just a BioWare thing but to the best of my knowledge the points system has been adjusted universally so you will never ever have to spend more money on points than what a DLC is worth.
I can confirm that as far as I am personally concerned. I bought several Dragon Age DLC packs for the PC and the packs of points I bought always matched the price of the DLC I wanted to buy so I never ever ended up with any leftover points. As far as I know that's exactly how they want to keep it for all future DLC, i.e. if you have a brain and can do simple math then there should be a near zero chance to buy more points than you need but I am extremely sure that some of the more creative fucktards out there will find ways to still screw themselves and then blame it on MS.

News Comments > ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Interview
15. Re: ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Interview May 16, 2010, 12:37 CJ_Parker

Nucas wrote on May 16, 2010, 06:15:
i guess we're just too fat and stupid!

Yeah but you forgot "lazy". Fat, lazy and stupid.

News Comments > EA Financial Results
19. Re: EA Financial Results May 12, 2010, 08:12 CJ_Parker

Veterator wrote on May 12, 2010, 03:37:
Admittedly I am no financial expert but it seems like companies go out of their way to make sure they "lose" as much money as possible.

Exactly. It is pretty well known that EA is milking every last drop out of its acquisitions. The BioWare acquisition was approximately $1bn but that did not include any follow-up costs. It is very easy for a creative team of accountants to massively inflate these expenses for acquisition so that it looks like you're losing money in style.
At the end of the day the only thing that counts anyway is that you have a healthy cashflow and plenty liquidity so that you can cover your short term expenses (like salaries, cost of goods etc.) and according to this line from the financial report...

Trailing-twelve-month operating cash flow was $152 million as compared with $12 million a year ago. The Company ended the year with cash and short-term investments of $1.7 billion.

... we can clearly see that EA is not in trouble in any way, shape or form.

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Trailer
4. Re: Alpha Protocol Trailer May 9, 2010, 15:28 CJ_Parker

Yup. This retarded shit looks like the gaming equivalent of a Uwe Boll movie. Pass.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Announced
11. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 18:05 CJ_Parker

HIGH_PING wrote on Apr 12, 2010, 14:04:
Another first person shooter for testosterone-filled male teenagers.

Dude just cuz YOU can't get it up anymore don't mean ya gotta flame dis game, ya know?!?

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Apr 9, 2010, 16:53 CJ_Parker

Haha "art". Right.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2010, 16:52 CJ_Parker

Well, now, the only thing that I am REALLY wondering about is... what the fuck is wrong with a cheeseburger at a wedding dinner?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Mar 20, 2010, 17:41 CJ_Parker

Assuming that all of the leaked info is correct (and there is very little reason to assume otherwise given the release is that close and also given the fact that there have been zero attempts on nVidia's side to deny any of these rumors) it is outright amazing how nVidia has gone from "pwning" ATI to losing the game (at least for now).
Remember how after the release of the G80 uber chip everyone thought that ATI was finished? G80 seemed to be from another world back then. Everyone thought that nVidia had managed to achieve a technological leap that ATI would have a very hard time of catching up with (if ever).

And now... this? This is all they got? A noisy, hot, power-hungry, steaming pile of shit?!? WTF?!?

I really, really hope that nVidia has a plan B for the holiday season of this year at the latest. One can only hope that they already know and realize that Fermi is a failure and that they have started working on a redesign or a new design a few months ago already so that the next gen (= what Fermi should have been) is ready for launch in a few months from now. Otherwise things are gonna go downhill for them very fast. At least in the discreet graphics card sector.

News Comments > ME2 Appearance Pack Next Week
1. Re: ME2 Appearance Pack Next Week Mar 20, 2010, 17:08 CJ_Parker

Yipppiiiieee, here comes the Barbie package!

1694 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo