Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1400 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 3: Collectors Edition
40. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2008, 17:10 CJ_Parker

If you weren't born before 1980, you wouldn't I'm afraid. Having the sweetest lunchbox meant you were the coolest kid among all your severely retarded nerd friends in school.

There, I fixed that for ya .

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thief 4 Hint?
26. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 17:58 CJ_Parker

Wouldn't that just make it a Splinter Cell game?

Ummm... no. Splinter Cell is console crap of the highest order which a Thief sequel hopefully would NOT be (please!).

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: BF: Bad Company Mar 25, 2008, 05:57 CJ_Parker

The best horse in the game (as far as I know) is the one you get from the Dark Brotherhood quest line. Its name is Shadowmere and it is in fact invincible. If it ever gets "killed" (or just lost) then you will always find it back at the place where you first got it (can't think of the name of the place right now). All you need to do is fast-travel to that location and -voilá- a new Shadowmere in all its black beauty will be waiting for you.
So, yeah, horse armor was fairly pointless if you got the "right" horse.

News Comments > The Graveyard Released, Demo
7. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2008, 03:18 CJ_Parker

ummmmmmm..... kthxbutno  

News Comments > Prey 2 Art
31. Re: ... Mar 16, 2008, 09:27 CJ_Parker

I don't get why people are saying that Prey was too short for them. I actually felt like it really dragged towards the end. It was just getting totally repetitive and there was nothing new anymore. I definitely couldn't have taken much more of the same. I'd say it had just about the exact right length but then I got the game at a budget price of under $30 so maybe that's why I didn't feel betrayed by Prey's length.
I wouldn't want any sequel to be much longer unless it would offer something/anything genuinely new and different each level. But if it's anything like the 1st Prey then ~10 hours or even less than that is just fine.

News Comments > Iron Lore Entertainment Closes
31. Re: Blamed partly on piracy Feb 28, 2008, 19:46 CJ_Parker

Where did you get those numbers? I'm willing to bet my videocard that they don't include Digital Distribution sales, which are rarely disclosed. Nor do I think it is entirely accurate, seeing as how I read an EA press release stating that Crysis has surpassed 1 million. I have also read that the Witcher has sold about 700,000.
Stalker sold 1.65 million copies, and it isn't on the list. Nor is the Orange Box, which sold about the same. I think this list is bogus.

The posted list is for US sales or North America (whichever it is that NPD covers). The numbers you quoted are worldwide sales. The European market is the PCs saving grace since PC game sales are traditionally a lot stronger in Europe compared to the US. The cold, harsh truth is: PC games sell like shit in the US. Fact.

And, no, digital distribution doesn't change this fact. It's still a niche market. 'Cept for some hardcore geeks barely anyone has the bandwidth that is required to download multi-gigabyte games like the AAA titles in the top 10. There might be quite a bit of activity in the casual games market (lots of people downloading card games and crap like that that is just a few megs) but it would be foolish to think that any significant number of people are seriously into downloading several GB of data.
The fact that major players like EA are pretty lackluster in pursuing digital download portals is fairly good proof that the market is still rather small. If there would be any serious money to be made (yet), EA, Microsoft and ActiBlizz would be all over it but they aren't. They are in wait and see mode. Waiting and seeing how well Valve, D2D and others are doing. Then when the time has come they will surely start their acquistion sprees to enter the market. However the time for digital distribution to make a real difference has not arrived yet. I would guess that downloads add an additional 3% to 5% to the sales numbers of any given top 10 game. Maybe a little more in the Orange Box' case since it's being marketed so heavily via Steam but that would be the exception.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Formed
85. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2008, 12:12 CJ_Parker

Um, no. The last thing we need are more retards for developers to cater to.

Yup. Instead we need more glorious fuckheads like Jerykk who torrent all of their games under the pretense of "try-before-you-buy" and then end up never buying a game because once they have finished their pirated copy for the 6th time in a row they decide that the game is not worthy of their cash due to some bullshit reason.
Please. Shut the fuck up, dude. It's sickening to read all that crap from you who is only contributing to the problem by not even buying his games. You have the balls to demand more quality games? What the fuck would give you, a thief, that right? Start buying games instead of downloading them. Then speak. Asshole.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2008, 06:25 CJ_Parker

am I gay?

Yes, Sir. Very much so, Sir!

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Formed
20. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2008, 12:45 CJ_Parker

I like that a middle man like Dell is involved (never thought i'd say the words liking a middleman involved), atleast their motives should be more in line with what the consumer wants without some side agenda to cell GPU's, CPU's, Vista, etc.

Ummm... you do realize that Dell spent quite a little fortune on acquiring Alienware not too long ago, right? Dell very much has a very profound interest in selling all of these thingies that you mentioned up there.

I sincerely hope that you also realize that every single company entering into any type of alliance always is pursuing one form of agenda or another.
Or what kind of fairytale world do you live in that you seriously believe in what you wrote up there? Or are you four years old and still have this romantic vision of everyone in the world being buddies? Then you are excused, of course...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: No subject Feb 19, 2008, 16:25 CJ_Parker

however it does fit in with man's infantile propensity to inflate his personal ego to a gargantuan, cosmic scope.. i mean, how could he ever be wrong about anything?

Speak for yourself, bitch. I'm never wrong about nothing.

News Comments > Epic on MS Buyout Rumors: Only One Billion?
31. Re: No subject Feb 19, 2008, 16:18 CJ_Parker

This is the fault of gamers how? The PC platform is not taken seriously by most developers and publishers, at least not seriously enough to sink some advertising dollars into promoting the PC versions.

It's the "fault" of gamers in so far as PC gaming has declined in favor of console gaming over the years. It's because people have voted with their wallet and told the gaming industry that "yes, we want to play games in the living room from the comfort of our couch, on our huge ass TVs and we love it that starting up a game is as simple as putting a CD/DVD in the drive". That's all there is to it, really. Gaming has made it to the mainstream over the years. It's no longer a bastion of fat, pimply-faced, retarded geeks who don't mind spending 16 hours a day at their desks at the office and at home. Gaming has made it to the normal folks who spend 8 hours at their desk at the office and then prefer to go couch potato style when they get home. Whether you (or I) like it how people, how the consumers like to lead their lives is irrelevant.

It's simply a fact that PC games are subject to total pwnage by console games at retail. That's why companies like Epic and id are making the switch now, too. People buy console games. It has nothing to do with advertising. It's just people's preferred choice of consuming their games. You will never get people to switch over to their desks for viewing movies or TV either.
Watching movies/TV from the living room couch just like playing games on consoles in the same fashion is a lifestyle choice, not just a quick trend that could be stopped via ads for the PC.

News Comments > The Witcher Enhanced Edition
73. Re: ... Feb 19, 2008, 07:39 CJ_Parker

True, Oblivion doesn't restrict where you can go by "fencing you in". But, that tradeoff comes at a horrible price.

No, it doesn't.

The price of that tradeoff is that Oblivion mostly just has a generic, empty, hollow world.

That's 100% grade A bullshit.

That you can go anywhere you want doesn't matter, because there is very little, if any, meaningful content anywhere in that world.

Yes there is. You just got to *gasp* actually put some effort into finding it instead of being railroaded towards it like in The Witcher where you just can't miss any content unless you intentionally choose to ignore it.

Oblivion feels like a dead, hollow world.

You already just said that like two seconds ago, you Alzheimer clown.

The Witcher feels like a living world because it develops all your relationships with the NPCs to do a fantastic job of making them seem like real persons. Oblivion doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of that.

Bullshit. Oblivion has a bunch of excellent NPCs with fleshed out backgrounds and naturally hordes of pretty generic filler NPCs that are simply needed in a world of that scope.

By The Witcher "fencing you in", it is able to create a game that chockfull of meaningful content.

You really do suffer from Alzheimer, don't you? Or is one of your parents a fucking parrot or something?

Every event feels like it's really happening, every person feels like a real living person. Everything in the world feels living.

No, it doesn't. The "fenced in" crap alone and the fact that your movement is very limited and the fact that the game has no Z-axis but that it is only pseudo-3D make it feel infinitely less believable than the world in many, many other games. Actually the world in The Witcher in many ways feels like a stage setup just made for the player to play on and in and around with. It feels artificial and generic.

The Witcher does have quick travel, by the way. So no, travel is never a chore in The Witcher.

Yes, it is.

Subquests in The Witcher are very complex and well done, not sure how Oblivion has any subquests that can even try to compete.

Quests like the one where you enter the world inside the painting in Oblivion are infinitely more creative and better done than any single quest in The Witcher.

As for saying the NPCs in Oblivion go off and do their own thing. That's a joke. All they do is ignore you when you kill people in front of them, or go stare at walls for 6 hours in a row, then go home. Here's some good links to show how the "brilliant" Oblivion NPCs go off and do their own thing. The Witcher doesn't have any immersion-breaking, ridiculous NPCs like this. The Witcher's NPCs are a billion times more believable than Oblivion's and don't behave in ludicrous, immersion-breaking ways as Oblivion's do.

100% grade A bullshit once again. Just because a couple of NPCs out of hundreds do some stupid shit every once in a while doesn't mean that all NPCs do stupid shit all of the time. Quite the opposite. Those AI glitches are a rather rare occurence. If you really would have actually played Oblivion instead of just watching "omg teh funnieeeh vidz" and repeating what your hardcore elitist RPG retard friends told you then you'd know it all to well, too.

In essence: Go. Fuck. Yourself. In. The. Ass. Long. Time.

Thank you,

Your friendly neighborhood bro C.J.

News Comments > Galactic Command - Echo Squad SE Next Month
13. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 13:46 CJ_Parker

Wing Commander 2 called from the retirement home, it wants its graphics and gameplay back.

Retard Village just called. They want their idiot back.

News Comments > Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA, AMD, and More in Gaming Alliance
34. Re: First get all your ducks in a row... Feb 13, 2008, 10:38 CJ_Parker

What a weak response, you dumbass. Did you even bother to check the link you posted, Mr. HardCore Retard? Those games are only X360 exclusive in so far as there will be no other console versions (PS3, Wii) for those games but they will all be coming to the PC sooner or later. Puuuhleazze. Get a fucking clue.  

News Comments > Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA, AMD, and More in Gaming Alliance
31. Re: First get all your ducks in a row... Feb 13, 2008, 07:50 CJ_Parker

How can Microsoft sign exclusive deals with game developers to purposefully "not" make a PC version, and yet somehow they are going to help PC gaming. Cut me a break.

Exactly how many of those "exclusive" deals did Microsoft sign in your opinion? I count zero. Even games like Halo, Halo 2 and Mass Effect ended up on the PC eventually. So before you make any more dumbfuck accusations let's start listing all of the (without a doubt numerous) games that MS paid money for to not come to the PC. Weeeelll? I'm listening...

18. Re: Dog Whisperer? Feb 8, 2008, 10:27 CJ_Parker

I have already listed my problems.
I have talked about them in great detail.

Yes. And you have unfortunately also talked about how great 98SE was which gives me a nice idea about your level of proficiency (or extreme lack thereof to be precise) so if your Vista probs are really irresolvable is most questionable.

Seriously, only a complete uber n00b would claim that 98SE was great.
For starters you couldn't just let 98SE run 24/7. You had to reboot the system frequently to fix the issues that would begin to show up after a while of use (apps crashing inexplicably, short freezes, blue screens etc). The more load you put on the system the more likely it became that you needed to reboot. You couldn't just open 10 instances of IE or Netscape for example. At least not for long. The system got clogged up quickly when you did a lot of things in parallel or simultaneously. Windows 98SE (like all previous incarnations of Windows with 16-bit leftovers) just wasn't made for real multitasking. That's also why you had to reinstall 98SE every few months because the system was very prone to getting clogged up and accumulated all sorts of junk over time that would lead to random issues from crashing to freezing to obscure error messages and so on.

Please. Get real and refresh your memory. 98SE was OK for its time but I'm sure glad that frequent reboots, blue screens and reinstalls have become a thing of the past thanks to XP. Honestly, 98SE sucks giant loads of ass compared to XP.

News Comments > Gothic 3 Patch
5. Re: Is this the patch... Feb 7, 2008, 14:41 CJ_Parker

Honestly, if you enjoyed the first two (and II was better than I)

No, it wasn't. Fuck you .

6. Re: Dog Whisperer? Feb 7, 2008, 14:37 CJ_Parker

nin = smart
the rest of you = whiny little n00b cunts

Like anyone really gives a fuck whether you will or will not ever move on from XP. The future is inevitable. Unless you kill yourselves today you will have to deal with Vista and Windows 7 replacing XP. So STFU and deal with it or buy yourselves Linux and a pet penguin to make love to or whatever whiny little n00b cunts like you tards do when they're pissed off at the evuuuhhhl M1cR0$s0ft umpire...

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire
51. Re: No subject Feb 5, 2008, 06:48 CJ_Parker

At least I am intelligent enough to bring forth a valid argument, like it or not.

Wow. Not only are you a dumbfuck, Surf, but also a pretentious, vain and delusional one. So you're actually on the dangerous side of retarded, huh?
Man, sure glad to know that you are such a little no life loser that you'll never be any real threat to people. Whew.

Final question: Why did you stop using the Jeryyk account? You (two? or your alter ego?) sound an awful lot alike in trying to make up bullshit justifications for stealing.

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Screenshots
1. No subject Jan 31, 2008, 14:23 CJ_Parker

Looking as retarded as expected.  

1400 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo