Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1575 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > ME2 Appearance Pack Next Week
1. Re: ME2 Appearance Pack Next Week Mar 20, 2010, 17:08 CJ_Parker

Yipppiiiieee, here comes the Barbie package!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Peter Molyneux Interview
12. Re: Peter Molyneux Interview Mar 19, 2010, 22:06 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Mar 19, 2010, 14:16:
He is turning into a bigger fucking tool every time he opens his mouth.

To summarize :

Peter founds (with a few others) Bullfrog. Makes AWESOME games.
Peter sells Bullfrog to EA.
Peter whines that EA is stifling his creativity, is raping his studio, etc. etc. etc.
Peter leaves Bullfrog.
Peter starts Lionhead.
Peter makes a pretty fun game.
Peter sells Lionhead to EA.
Peter whines that EA is stifling his creativity, is raping his studio, etc. etc. etc.
Peter makes a few shitty console games.
Peter whines that he is "being imprisoned by this box" of developing for consoles.

Conclusion : Peter Molyeyensnyyzyeweuuxuxx is one dumb asshole.

Analogy : "Why do I keep getting sick just because I keep eating this fresh dog-shit off the street?? Waaaaah!"

Creston

I think the dumber asshole is you since you don't even manage to get your facts straight. He sold Lionhead to Microsoft, not EA.
Your analogy is really dumb, too. You are obviously not capable of telling the difference between sincere "whining" and "whining" as a business strategy. Hint for the dumbfucks: Peter is very obviously into the latter.

Look, I'm not a Molyneux fan by any stretch of the imagination (nor of his games, no, not even Dungeon Keeper) and I agree that he could be a little more modest at times but the guy still is a genius of sorts. He's made dozens of millions by selling two highly successful game studios that he founded and he's still leading one of the studios doing what he loves the most: Making creative games. How cool is that (for him)? Right. Very.
I believe that all of the dumbasses bashing the guy are in reality just envious.

News Comments > Us And Them - Cold War and Demo Released
2. Re: Us And Them - Cold War and Demo Released Mar 17, 2010, 13:24 CJ_Parker

BobBob wrote on Mar 17, 2010, 10:41:
I wish turn based games were illegal.

And I wish people with ADD who stutter when typing their first name were illegal. Or at least be forced to get their balls cut off so they can't reproduce or something.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed
57. Re: Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed Feb 27, 2010, 10:46 CJ_Parker

I really do not see how UBI's DRM can not anger any long time devoted PC gamer in any fashion.

Long time devoted PC gamer here and I don't mind their DRM in any way, shape or form. I do in fact not give a shit.

My internet farts at least once a night.

See... there's a major difference between the two of us. Mine "farts" like once a year (if that).

I game on my desktop (LAN parties) and my laptop (airport, relatives) in many locations I do not have internet, let alone a stable connection. To boot if the connection is lost you can loose progress!

I don't do any of that crap but if I would then I would just play non-Ubi games at LAN parties and other locations with no Internet access. There's always something else to play.

How can being treated like a guilty thief from second one and loosing freedoms while paying MORE for your games not piss you off?

The only thing that pisses me off is the freebie asshole fuckfaces (read: pirating thieves) who got us into this situation in the first place and who are now whining that their precious torrents could become an endangered species in the unlikely case that Ubi's protection might actually turn out to be somewhat effective. Just look at this thread. At least 99% of the assholes posting here are downloading the majority of their games for free instead of buying them. That's a fact.

Fuck you Ubi, fuck you.

I second that. But not because of the DRM but because of their general support/patching policy (which is more or less non-existent really).

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas in Fall
29. Re: Fallout: New Vegas This Fall Feb 4, 2010, 17:52 CJ_Parker

Yifes wrote on Feb 4, 2010, 16:07:
Are you crazy? The original NWN was such garbage that, even though NWN2 is only decent, it's leagues better than the piece of crap that Bioware put out.

u r teh crazzzeh, too, dude!!1! Well, seriously, it really depends on what kind of gamer you are. If you do not care about multiplayer then you are 100% right in saying that the NWN 2 OC was infinitely better than the über shitty NWN 1 OC. If you are into modding and multiplayer, however, the situation is exactly reversed.

Sorry sir, but Obsidian has a WELL KNOWN history of issues with games.

Exactly. It's pretty silly to blame the publishers as far as KotOR 2 and NWN 2 are concerned.

As for KotOR 2 everyone with only half an interest in the video games industry knew that LucasArts under its back then president Jim Ward demanded games to be released on time. They didn't give extensions. Period. Jim Ward stated that very fact repeatedly in public interviews for everyone to read (if anyone doubts what I'm saying Google is your friend). Obsidian knew exactly that they had to be finished with KotOR 2 on day X. They missed the mark. They failed to deliver the game on time. Plain and simple as that. They fucked it up, not Lucas.

And regarding NWN 2 I never got the impression that the game was rushed. Say about Atari what you will (yeah they handled the Mysteries of Westgate release rather poorly but who knows what possibly even good reasons they might have had to delay the release as long as they did with all the legal insecurities in regards to premium modules?) but, anyway, the post-release support of NWN 2 was generally pretty awesome.
At the very least there is absolutely NO indication whatsoever that they "forced" Obsidian to release NWN 2 prematurely and then withdrew all support from the developers or some crazy shit like that. Quite the contrary. It seemed like Atari really cared about the game and tried to help Obsidian in building a community on par with the NWN 1 community. The sole reason this didn't work out is that Obsidian never really managed to make their tools as user friendly, flexible and stable as BioWare did with the NWN 1 toolset. Again: Obsidian failed, not their publisher.

Finally look at Alpha Protocol and the multiple, massive delays. Obsidian can call themselves lucky that Sega is that patient and forgiving. But of course if the game sucks people are still going to blame Sega for "forcing" Obsidian to release early. In spite of the more than generous extensions that Sega granted them.
And the same will happen with FO: New Vegas. If the game sucks it's all going to be Bethesda's fault, of course.

But, hey, the world would be a boring place without proper retards so please go ahead and continue to defend Obsidian. It's rather amusing.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2010, 18:30.

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 CTD Workaround
19. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 CTD Workaround Jan 29, 2010, 06:08 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 05:15:
Open betas (especially ones you can only play if you pre-order the game) are not used for actual testing. They are glorified demos.

Grade A bullshit. Open betas are in fact used for testing, of course, and they are a very important part of the testing process. The purpose of an open beta is to load test, i.e. to see how the server and the client behaves under extreme conditions when thousands of players are hitting your servers (from the login servers to the lobby and actual game servers) all at once. Ideally you create conditions that are more extreme than anything that should ever happen during live operations of the game (although there is a definite difference between theory and practice in this regard -> see launch of WoW ). Then you work on the bugs -and there's some really quirky ones that pop up during load testing at times- and improve/optimize the network code and configs and all that crap.

Therefore: Open beta = testing all the way. Jerykk = clueless n00b (as always).

'nuff said

News Comments > Last Word on BioShock 2 DRM, For Now
17. Re: Last Word on BioShock 2 DRM, For Now Jan 23, 2010, 01:58 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2010, 23:36:
Amen. It amazes me that after the horrible PR backlash they got with the original Bioshock, that they'd just stupidly burn themselves on that same shit again. It's really a zoo full of retarded monkeys that runs 2K.

Horrible PR backlash or not, the original Bioshock was also one of the very few PC games that managed to go uncracked for something between two and four weeks as far as I can remember.
Like it or not but that was indeed a smashing success in terms of piracy protection. And the game sold very well so why the fuck would they change their DRM policies?
So that you, Jerykk and the rest of you anti-DRM wankers can steal the game on or better yet before day zero? Aaawww. Looks like that's not gonna happen this time either huh? Too bad huh? Aaaawww... my poor little puppies..... muuuaaaahahahahahaaaa

News Comments > EA Fires Back at Lasky
6. Re: EA Fires Back at Lasky Jan 18, 2010, 17:41 CJ_Parker

HAHAHA pwned, Lasky. I love these simple case studies of action and reaction. You reap what you sow. It's that simple. That Lasky clown had it coming all the way from Redwood right into his stupid fucking face. EA is teh supreme r0XX0r!!11! Muuuuahahahahahahahahaaaaaa

News Comments > December 2009 Best Month of Game Sales Ever
8. Re: December 2009 Best Month of Game Sales Ever Jan 15, 2010, 19:00 CJ_Parker

Verno wrote on Jan 15, 2010, 09:18:
It'd be nice to see how PC DD figures are shaping up these days, I suspect the Steam sale was a pretty massive shaker there.

I don't think so. I think that a lot of people are grossly overestimating DD sales of non-casual (retail) games. Did you notice how Modern Warfare 2 never even dropped from the top 6 sellers on Steam for the entire duration of the Steam holiday sale in spite of many, many awesome deals on rather popular modern games? And let us not forget that MW2 is (or at least was during the holidays) selling at US$ 59.99 on Steam which is a lot more expensive than at retail. Who the hell is buying this game at that price? It can't really be that many people (talking sheer numbers of "units" sold). In relation to retail it can only be a few percent. And its (MW2's) still strong performance in relation to the holiday deals is evidence that DD is still more of a niche thing for us geeks rather than being anywhere near a serious threat for retail.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer
4. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Jan 8, 2010, 14:37 CJ_Parker

Techie714 © wrote on Jan 8, 2010, 13:05:
The game still looks good & I'll be getting it "most likely" but I was not very impressed with this video. It looks REALLY fast paced & chaotic like COD:MW MP. I was hoping for more of a slower paced BF2 feel with a little more realism closer to ARMA.

What? BF2? Realism? Like ArmA? Are we on crack again, hombre?

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Awakening Announced
8. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Awakening Announced Jan 5, 2010, 12:23 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2010, 11:47:
LOL! Two words, nickle and dime.

LOL! Two words, dumb and fuck.

News Comments > Tactical Intervention Details
1. Re: Tactical Intervention Details Jan 5, 2010, 12:18 CJ_Parker

Hmmm... yummy. Pixel soup .

News Comments > EA Server Shutdown Plans
11. Re: EA Server Shutdown Plans Jan 3, 2010, 17:32 CJ_Parker

Do any of you guys bitching play any of these games? If not, what the hell do you care honestly? If it's not cost efficient to keep the servers running, then shut them down.

Easy now, man. You seriously expecting some of these mouthbreathers to think before they post? Come on. Let's get back to reality shall we?. I bet that at least 99% of these whiny retards didn't even bother to check the list of games in the first place or read the newsbit even. I'm sure they went straight from deciphering the headline to typing whatever retarded bullshit crossed their mind right after.

News Comments > Infinity Ward on MW2 Fixes
29. Re: IW on MW2 Fixes Dec 18, 2009, 19:36 CJ_Parker

I don't know how anyone is able to seriously defend this retarded move by IW. Anyone with the tiniest bit of experience in gaming knows that once a game is unleashed on the masses the bugs will start popping up left, right and center. In internal testing you get to see like the tip of the iceberg. Once the game is released you get to see the iceberg in its full glory (or not).
If the game has multiplayer or is centered around multiplayer then it's even more critical to be on guard immediately after the game hits the market.

I'm sure that these guys worked their asses off and that they really deserve a vacation but you got to handle this differently. You don't just "shut down" the whole studio for the month following the game's release. That's just frickin retarded. If you are not frickin retarded then you come up with a different plan where the holidays are split between the team in an intelligent way to ensure an appropriate level of post-launch support. Or if you absolutely have to shut down the studio for a month then you do that maybe in the second or third month after the release of the game after the most obvious and critical flaws have been addressed.
But you don't shut the whole fucking place down in the month following the release. You just don't. Unless you are a complete retard, of course. And I think we have a winner in IW here.

News Comments > GFW Games on Demand Launched
2. Re: GFW Games on Demand Launched Dec 15, 2009, 19:44 CJ_Parker

In other words: "Hi my name is Dev and I can't be bothered with checking facts or any boring shit like that if I get a chance to take a retarded stab at micro$$$oft. Yeah I like to spell it like that because I'm smart and witty. And funny."

Honestly, dude. At least check the site. They got a pretty huge catalogue of games on there. Shadowrun and Pinata are only the promo deals and yeah they suck because I'm sure both games could be bought for less at retail from the bargain bin a long time ago already. But they do have plenty of other games to choose from that don't require any kind of upgrade.

News Comments > EA: Retails Sales to Decline 11% This Year
20. Re: EA: Retails Sales to Decline 11% This Year Dec 9, 2009, 18:29 CJ_Parker

Why the CEO of a company that has lost money for the last six quarters is invited to speak to investors is beyond me. Perhaps Riccitiello should forgo his salary until EA begins to turn a profit. Maybe that would induce him to see the inside of his office once in a while, at least.

You do realize that EA basically hasn't made a profit on purpose, right? EA is doing very well financially. The reason they are in the red is acquisitions like the BioWare acquisition which set them back almost a $1 billion (not including follow-up costs which are still high, of course). Losses are cool for a company like EA though because it keeps taxation low and they don't have to issue a dividend or any boni to their shareholders. As a bonus the BioWare acquisition will pay off in the long run. Corps like EA don't think in terms of quarterly revenue but long term and so do their investors - if they're smart.
Besides in the current economic climate no one is really expecting them to cough up any major revenue anyway so they are taking advantage of the situation by writing off as much foul capital as possible during this period and by weeding out the whole corporation (see other day's news about their major restructuring efforts).

It would be very short-sighted to assume that EA is in trouble just because they are not making a profit. As long as a corporation is healthy, as long as there is liquidity and cashflow there is absolutely nothing to worry about even if the balance sheet ends up with a red number at the end. And EA is generally healthy. Even if some people (you anti-corporate commie cunts know who you are) don't wanna hear or believe it.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Patch
16. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Patch Dec 7, 2009, 18:26 CJ_Parker

So... Prez = theyarecomingforyou, huh? Interesting. Aside from that little discovery, I'd say that the real problem is that most people wouldn't recognize technical issues with a game even if it bit them in the penis.

News Comments > Swift Leaves Valve, Joins Airtight Games
9. Re: Swift Leaves Valve, Joins Airtight Games Dec 7, 2009, 18:16 CJ_Parker

Who gives a fuck? All I care about is: Is she cute and does she have phat b00bs?!?

Come on, guys. You need to focus on what's important in life. Seriously.

News Comments > Swift Leaves Valve, Joins Airtight Games
8. Re: Swift Leaves Valve, Joins Airtight Games Dec 7, 2009, 18:16 CJ_Parker

oopsie 2x post cuz of ubah LAAAAAGGG

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2009, 18:18.

News Comments > EA on Digital Distribution
11. Re: EA on Digital Distribution Dec 3, 2009, 08:10 CJ_Parker

They don't MAKE them, they distribute them.

Please get a fucking clue. Contrary to other publishers who only publish or distribute games, EA also has quite a number of fully owned development studios under their belt (you make lookie-lookie here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Arts#Studios_and_subsidiaries ). As you can see they do in fact MAKE the majority of the games they distribute.

1575 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo