Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1696 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Square Enix Financials
1. Re: Square Enix Financials Nov 6, 2014, 10:22 CJ_Parker

No surprise thanks to that tasty bribe from the assholes at Microsoft for Tomb Raider exclusivity. Phuck'um all!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Previews
6. removed Nov 6, 2014, 04:59 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 6, 2014, 10:48.

News Comments > Morning Previews
10. Re: Morning Previews Nov 5, 2014, 20:01 CJ_Parker

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 19:44:
for those interested in what he actually said

His departure post

btw your post makes very little sense. First you say "a studio without any lead blah blah smoke weed" and then you say "there are other leads in Austin so his story is a blatant lie"

so which one is it?

I was trying to imagine what a studio without any leads would be like. It doesn't make any sense. You always got to have someone in charge. A studio director, team leads etc.
That's why it was completely obvious, to me at least, that what Peterson wrote in his good-bye post was not the real reason.
It's illogical. They are keeping the studio and they have a new studio director in John Erskine and a new PU director in Tony Zurovec and all of the team leads are also staying in Austin.
Everyone gets to stay in Austin but Wingman, according to his own blurb, was supposedly forced to choose between 1) relocate or 2) GTFO.

If you still can't see the smoke then I don't know what to say and would suggest some brain surgery.

News Comments > Morning Previews
8. Re: Morning Previews Nov 5, 2014, 19:32 CJ_Parker

Yesterday news broke that the Star Citizen Austin studio director Eric "Wingman" Peterson was fired for some very obscure reasons. According to Peterson, Roberts wants to consolidate all lead personnel in Santa Monica so Peterson basically had a choice to relocate or GTFO. He supposedly went for GTFO due to "family reasons".

Right.

At the same time the Austin studio keeps going according to community dude Ben Lesnick. It's not going to be shut down. So what's that? A gaming studio w/o any team leads? Can I please get a job there to slack off with some Mary Jane all day long? Pretty please with sugar on top?
Also, several other high ranking leads like Lead Designer Rob Irving are staying in Austin. And they just hired a new PU director who is also going to work out of Austin.

So the whole official reason that Peterson gave us is undeniably 100% grade A bullshit. Roberts is not making all his leads relocate to SM. They either forced Peterson to state that as a reason or Peterson made it up.
The big question is why in his right mind would Roberts let Peterson go? The guy single-handedly got the entire Austin gig going all by himself and it seemed like he was an invaluable asset who poured his heart, soul and body into the project.
Also real classy of Roberts to not say a peep about Peterson's departure (yet). No well wishes. Nothing.

The only good news about this is that Peterson has launched a new endeavor over night. Check this out: http://peezocker.com/

TL;DR = Star Citizen is bleeding key personnel. Let the conspiracy theories begin!

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM [Updated]
35. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM Nov 5, 2014, 15:03 CJ_Parker

lol@Bethblog ... how can an official source be a hoax? A trademark is either filed or not. Try again, Bethesda.  

28. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM Nov 5, 2014, 13:49 CJ_Parker

Icewind wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 12:20:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 11:25:
InBlack wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:53:
Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:50:
Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:46:
Hope it gets announced soon. I'm ready for more Fallout.

You. Me. And everyone else.

Im going to wait for the inevitable standalone expansion from Obsidian.

Well, I hope that Obsidian stays far away from Fallout. After they and their entire community have SHAT all over Bethesda and publishers in general, claiming that boooofrickinhooo they are the devil incarnate, I sincerely hope that Bethesda does not give those Obsidian fuckers any more work. If they do not want to work with a publisher then they need to STFU and do another Kickstarter or just close shop. They won't be missed. Fuck 'em hard!

You mean you don't want to play Numenera or Eternity?

You're missing out.

Well, Numenera is luckily not made by these losers. Just Avellone that clown is doing some design I believe. In a moment of drunken dementia I pledged for both of these games actually so yeah I guess I'll have to play them too.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 5, 2014, 11:36 CJ_Parker

lol@n00bs  

19. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM Nov 5, 2014, 11:25 CJ_Parker

InBlack wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:53:
Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:50:
Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:46:
Hope it gets announced soon. I'm ready for more Fallout.

You. Me. And everyone else.

Im going to wait for the inevitable standalone expansion from Obsidian.

Well, I hope that Obsidian stays far away from Fallout. After they and their entire community have SHAT all over Bethesda and publishers in general, claiming that boooofrickinhooo they are the devil incarnate, I sincerely hope that Bethesda does not give those Obsidian fuckers any more work. If they do not want to work with a publisher then they need to STFU and do another Kickstarter or just close shop. They won't be missed. Fuck 'em hard!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 5, 2014, 05:54 CJ_Parker

HAHAHA lol@xbone phailshit  

News Comments > Sun Sets on Dawngate
12. Re: Sun Sets on Dawngate Nov 5, 2014, 05:49 CJ_Parker

What? EA cancelling a game because it SUCKED and FAILED on all levels to keep up with the competition????

UN-FUCKIN-THINKABLE!!!

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 4, 2014, 11:28 CJ_Parker

Bludd wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 11:19:
from the release notes:

344.48: Alien: Isolation hangs when loading a level. Did not occur on 344.11.

Edit: Frode beat me to it.

Dude, seriously. Your message 11:19. Frode's message 09:50. It took you one hour and twenty-nine minutes to type that two liner post? Wow! So how many joints does it take to chill down on that kinda scale?

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
6. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 4, 2014, 11:18 CJ_Parker

You guys are an embarrassment for the male gender. Those GamerGate pussies would be real proud of y'all though.

In the meantime: Grow some fucking BALLS fer fuck's sake!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition
56. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 4, 2014, 02:19 CJ_Parker

Dude. Why the wall of text? Can't we just agree that everyone here like except me, of course, is NUCKIN FUTS?!?  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
78. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 3, 2014, 15:27 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 15:15:
I also much prefer his modest attitude vs Chris Roberts super rock star show off stage appearances.
Don't like the snake oil sales man feel I get whenever I see Chris

Yep. That's a definite bonus on Braben's part. It's also refreshing to get very straight and concise answers like 'yes' or 'no' from him because Braben knows exactly what he can do and will do... or not.
Chris Roberts on the other hand always drones on for minutes before coming to a "point" which is usually a 'maybe' or at least nothing concrete.
I often times have severe doubts about the clarity of his much lauded "vision" for Star Citizen. One needs to watch only a single episode and any episode of the weekly "10 for the Chairman" webcast which is published every Monday. It's where Chris "answers" to 10 subscriber questions. He always goes in huge circles around the original question only to end up not really even answering the question. He speaks a lot without actually saying anything. An amazing talent usually only found with politicians but there ya have it in Chris Roberts, too.

68. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 3, 2014, 03:55 CJ_Parker

InBlack wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 03:49:
I noticed those guys carried some sort of space suits. Can you shoot holes in the ship/station so that the air escapes into vacuum?? Would the air get sucked out and would there be zero sound effects (since in a vacuum sound does not carry) except for those that are carried through your own body to your ears? Can they add that as another million dollar goal/prize or would that be too much of a stretch??

Whether to have sound in space has been a hot topic in both ED and SC but in the end the "rule of cool" has prevailed so there will be sound in space even if it's unrealistic to give the player feedback on his actions. As for being able to decompress stations by shooting holes in windows, that might indeed be possible. Why not?
Question is if it makes sense from a gameplay perspective because the first thing anyone is going to do in a level with breakable windows will be to fire at the windows, of course.

66. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 3, 2014, 03:23 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 02:53:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 22:32:

Whatever it may be, I do not see any possible fun gameplay emerging from zero G. Except maybe for über n00bs who can't hit the broad side of a barn at close range. For them it may be awesome when everything slows down to a crawl and they can take their sweet time aiming veeeery carefully and slooooooowlllllly.
I've read many comments in various places after this reveal from people saying that zero G is gonna be "so cool" but seriously... what exactly do people envision being cool about it? It won't be. It's gonna be slow, floaty, sucky and unexciting compared to the faster paced regular gravity play which will require actual skill.

I dunno, I have pretty good memories of the zero G level from the original Quake. Done right, it can create goal-oriented game play (either explicit or emergent) and change up the rules suddenly to keep things fresh.

Dude, Quake is lightning-fast. Chris Roberts has said that he wants Star Citizen FPS to feel more realistic like ArmA or a Rainbow Six game. Unfortunately, there was very little of that direction to be seen in the reveal since it looked more like a poor BF clone but the goal is definitely not some hyper steroids Quake zero grav bunnyhopping jump'n'gankfest.
So if you have a rather realistic slow or normal-paced zero G environment then, no, I really can't envision how to make combat fun in such an environment. It may be fun to move around in it and do some EVA free floating in space for repairs or whatever but combat? Geddafuqouttahere!

56. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 22:46 CJ_Parker

Flatline wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 22:29:
I'm not sure if ED will launch this year. They'll say sometime this week if memory serves.

Yes and the premiere event is already scheduled for 11/22 so I think it will definitely be launched end of November or maybe first week of December.

Generally I believe that Frontier are handling it pretty well. What they are releasing is an incredibly huge functional universe with a first basic set of gameplay activities. I'd say that's perfectly fine for a "1.0" launch version that will get refined and expanded upon.
Besides, I'm a backer at the founder level and I'm not sure where the threshold is but everyone who pledged above a certain level is going to get like the entire first set of major expansions for "free".

I fail to see any issue with them launching the game now. They are not the ones with the $60 million. They need to actually get done at some point and this seems like a good point to throw the game out there, gauge interest and if the reception (interest level) is catastrophic, they can still pull the plug early enough to not sink the entire company.

54. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 22:32 CJ_Parker

Bradley wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 22:12:
jimnms wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 12:23:
I'm not impressed. It uses bad Hollywood "gravity." Immediately when they switch off the gravity, shit starts floating "up." That doesn't happen (1st law of physics). Shit will generally stay put until something disturbs it. I say generally, because if they're orbiting a planet, the gravity of the planet will slowly tug things closer to it, but things won't just immediately float up in the middle of the room and hover when artificial gravity gets turned off.

Why aren't people being pushed backwards by the recoil of their guns (3rd law of physics)?

And WTF is up with the 1970's looking black and white CRT monitors?

The functionality of the gravity generator isn't exactly made clear. Perhaps when power is cut and it shuts down there is some "backwash" through the system that gives a tiny impulse in the opposite direction, just enough to disturb their original positions.

But I guess if you have already decided to hate it's easy to find faults.

Whatever it may be, I do not see any possible fun gameplay emerging from zero G. Except maybe for über n00bs who can't hit the broad side of a barn at close range. For them it may be awesome when everything slows down to a crawl and they can take their sweet time aiming veeeery carefully and slooooooowlllllly.
I've read many comments in various places after this reveal from people saying that zero G is gonna be "so cool" but seriously... what exactly do people envision being cool about it? It won't be. It's gonna be slow, floaty, sucky and unexciting compared to the faster paced regular gravity play which will require actual skill.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2014, 22:51.

52. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 22:24 CJ_Parker

Prez wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 22:03:
But then one has to consider their is a higher expectation of transparency because the project is crowdfunded, so they have to show progress at every stage. Basically it is a no-win situation.

Disagree strongly. Just a couple examples: Look at Obsidian with Pillars of Eternity or InXile with Wasteland 2 or Torment Tides of Numenera.

Did those devs go to every frickin' trade show to show off their games? Did they constantly have "exciting reveals" and module releases and demos and commercials? Fuck no.
And do you see mass protests because Obsidian and inXile are keeping their games much more under wraps than CIG? Again: Fuck no.

The only reason Roberts is doing all of this crap is to generate hype and to be able to couple these events with more sales (two more ships are currently on sale for the PAX event) in order to make more money. The whole circus is solely about monetization now.

There is no harm done by a demo like this. Why would there be? It's CryEngine and it looked pretty so ~95% of modern gamers are auto-hyped by default. Then as a presenter you just mention "awesome" and "exciting" every other sentence and the vast majority of non-critical mouthbreathing retard gamers is going to pee their pants like little fangurls at a boy band concert. Just look at the video and listen to the screams. You or me thinking it looks kinda crappy, we're in the sub 5% category of a more hype-resistant demographic.

47. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 19:59 CJ_Parker

As for the poor animations: Mocap will not begin before early next year so the animations are all just placeholders for now. Since the FPS module has been announced for a March launch though I'm wondering how, even if they started mocapping the first week of January, they want to get finished porting over the data and then implementing and tuning the animations for a release in March.
Sounds like a typical Roberts estimate where you take the realistic amount of time to finish shit and divide by two. Or three, if he's in a jovial mood on a sunny day.

Anyway, FPS reveal was kinda underwhelming IMHO. There was absolutely nothing special to see here. Looked like any generic scifi multiplayer shooter. The sync issues are worrying (at the 3:50 mark where the guy enters the room, empties a full clip into the other guy and the game just doesn't seem to display what really happened). I mean this was LAN so we don't even want to know what it might be like playing on the net. Couldn't care less about zero g gameplay. It's a lame gimmick at best.
Overall a very meh-worthy reveal.

I think I'll stay away from FPS in the final game. Only a few locations will be FPS enabled and as long as you only fly single seat craft you won't be boarded either so it should be easy enough to avoid FPS altogether. Shame that resources are wasted on this crap instead of fleshing out the space sim even more.

1696 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo