Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 2270 (Senior)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 29, 2015, 09:37 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 08:43:
"Six of the Coolest Things the Xbox App on Windows 10 Can Do for You. "

#1: shut that shit off

^ this... so much this *sigh*

Gonna be hard to keep from puking every time that shitty Xbox logo pops up anywhere in Win 10

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
13. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 12:09 CJ_Parker

By the way rumor has it that this is set in the 1970s in Louisiana (see the muscle cars in the artwork), and that, like GTA V, it is going to have three playable dudes. So to answer my own question from before: Yes, they are indeed making a GTA V clone here.

10. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 11:14 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:07:
Not really sure what GTA5 has to do with Mafia, it's not even the same developer.

2K = Rockstar = the same anti-PC lazy fuck publisher who are going to treat PC gamers like lepers. But yeah you guys go right ahead and preorder. We definitely need more PC delays, more AC Unitys and more Arkham Knights. In fact, everyone who bought GTA V has given 2K the thumbs up to be treated like lepers so you will get what you voted for with your wallets with Mafia 3.

6. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 10:37 CJ_Parker

So are these lazy anti-PC fuckers at 2K/R* just gonna pull off their usual crap, i.e. reskin GTA V, release the console versions and delay the poorly ported PC version for two years or what?

OK, rhetorical question. I wouldn't buy anything from those anti-PC fuckers for more than $9.99 anyway.

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming
22. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 27, 2015, 20:07 CJ_Parker

harlock wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 19:51:
oh yeh, id say the combat is "serviceable"

certainly not "good"

Yeh. Like all games in the series:

- Witcher 1 combat: Abysmal.
- Witcher 2 combat: Horrible.
- Witcher 3 combat: Serviceable.

Overall:

- Witcher 1: Meh.
- Witcher 2: Great.
- Witcher 3: Awesome.

But whoever the fuck is playing these games for the gameplay is doing it wrong anyway. You play these games for Geralt, Triss, Dandelion, Zoltan and all other memorable characters like Letho, the Sorceresses or Iorveth and Roche, the (fuckable) chicks, the quests, the story, the choices, the consequences, the exploration and all that good shit.
You just have to learn to ignore the bad shit like the combat, the boss fights, that asshole of a horse, the floaty movement, poor controls etc.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2015, 15:24 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 14:40:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 14:12:
Uuhh... it would help if you would read more than the headline, you know?

Why would I EVER want to do that

You telling me the article actually has substantiated numbers? ^^

No. Reading really isn't your thing, is it? I specifically and intentionally wrote "estimated" and not "substantiated".

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2015, 14:12 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 10:29:
Since we know valve takes 30% we can extrapolate total size of the gaming market on steam.

End result: $2.4bn

That puts things into perspective...

Uuhh... it would help if you would read more than the headline, you know? The linked article has a breakdown of the estimated revenue on Steam and Valve's other activities. There is no need to "extrapolate" anything out of your ass if you would actually read shit.

News Comments > Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts
35. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 22:45 CJ_Parker

ViRGE wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 22:09:
The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 19:52:
I got nothin' but a gut feeling about it, but it seems to me that EA is distancing itself from Origin as its primary sales platform recently. I half expect that we'll start seeing EA games back on Steam and GOG sooner rather than later.
That would surprise me. I really don't think they've lost any sales from Origin. Certainly not enough to negate any gains from not having to pay Valve anything.

EA is a very well known publisher, and their games as well known too. If you want an EA game on the PC, you know exactly where to go to get it already.

Yeah and it's not like they have given the impression as if they were ever desperately struggling for more attention to Origin. There were no massive sales or discounts. Nothing at all that would indicate they were desperate. Quite the contrary. Origin is probably BY FAR the most expensive gaming platform, especially EA's own catalogue.
They still don't do bundles and keep games and DLC strictly separated. DLC is never discounted so even if a game is on sale you will still bleed hard if you want the complete edition. Would they do that if they were seriously desperate to compete with other publishers that actually *do* bundles, GOTYs and complete editions? Hardly.

32. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 21:06 CJ_Parker

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 19:52:
I got nothin' but a gut feeling about it, but it seems to me that EA is distancing itself from Origin as its primary sales platform recently.

Well, primary sales platform on PC, yes, but overall EA is only making about 20% of its revenue from PC/browser games. Mobile is almost on par with PC now at 17% and consoles lead the pack with 60%.
The Origin brand is really only known to PC gamers, i.e. only a fraction of EA's customers. Many console/mobile gamers have probably never heard of Origin or at least don't know that Origin = EA.
My guess is that EA is just trying to unify things again so people across all platforms just have an EA account and do not get confused by the whole "requires an Origin account" stuff if a console/mobile peasant stumbles into the PC Holy Land.

28. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 19:34 CJ_Parker

walrus1 wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 19:26:
You can put new lipstick on a pig but it still won't download any thing any faster.

You can say a lot of bad things about Origin but download speed?
I have a 50Mbit line so I'm usually averaging between 4.8 and 5.3MB/s when downloading Steam stuff.
With Origin, when I was downloading the DAI trial, I was getting up to 7MB/s which is basically above the physical limit of my connection. They must have excellent proxy/cache setups.
Seriously, if this wasn't some kind of odd display bug then it's the fastest download speed I have ever seen at my home PC. And it's always been like that. I've never had any download issues with Origin ever (central EU here).

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
13. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 15:54 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 14:40:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 10:32:
Sounds great... by the time I finish up the first two games and get around to buying this, it should be well patched and deeply discounted.

Mwahahaha! *rubs hands together*

And if you die before then you'll have missed out on one of the best games ever made so far. If there ever was a game worth full price this is it. So don't be cheap and don't miss out.

Why would he give a fuck if he's dead? The whole point of death is to no longer give a fuck. He will never know he missed out. And if he lives he doesn't miss out because it's only a matter of when, not if.
As a bonus the game is continuously getting better and better - or even better. Win-win. Waiting is awesome. I can't wait to grab the Enhanced Edition for 10 bucks in 2017/2018. It will be the gaming bargain of the millennium.

8. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 14:11 CJ_Parker

Who knows? Maybe after copious private jetting, Chris Roberts used $50 million SC backer money and bought back the Origin rights!  

6. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 13:19 CJ_Parker

Ant wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 13:08:
What happens to previous EA accounts with the same e-mail addresses?

Banned, deleted and flushed down da toilet bwwwahahahahahahaaaa

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
6. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 11:23 CJ_Parker

Enhanced Edition or GTFO. Come on. Hurry CDP.

*whip* *crack* *whip*

News Comments > Op Ed
59. Re: Op Ed Jul 19, 2015, 02:37 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 01:50:
If you've got some LTI ship packages you can offload them (most likely for a profit) there, either yourself, or using a middleman like that Kane guy who advertises there. (I've used him personally because I didn't have time to bump a thread, etc.)

Do you still have to give the middleman guy your account password so he can verify you really own what you want to sell? I don't get why people do that.

Anyway, if you're selling you're always in the better position. Just put the ships on eBay and use PayPal. Only transfer (gift) the ship after full reception of the funds and make sure to withdraw the PayPal money to your bank account immediately. What can go wrong? Right. Nothing.
The buyer bears all the risk here if you would not transfer. But since you're honest and probably have an eBay account in good standing with hopefully 100% positive ratings the buyer has nothing to fear.
The only thing that sucks slightly is eBay's fees but you're paying that middleman clown fees, too (who, by the way, might sell your account password and e-mail address combination to hacker groups for additional profit... no, not to hack into your SC account, of course, but they might try it -or variations of the PW- via brute force on other games and online services so you won't even realize it is related... they're not stupid).
Of course, you could temp change your PW for the middleman but I still would not risk it. You're giving away way too many private details if the guy snoops around your account.

I have personally eBay'ed several LTI ships/packages and had no issues because, as I said, as the seller I call the shots and dictate under which circumstances (full reception of the funds) the transaction takes place. Take screenshots of the gifting process to be on the even safer side. I made about +100% profit on most sales so I about doubled my investment. Sometimes a little less, sometimes more.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Website
10. Re: Fallout 4 Website Jul 18, 2015, 22:42 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 22:36:
PHJF wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 22:02:
"Wait until your bit before you start screaming."

Wait until my bit does what? The suspense is killing me!

Australia doesn't have good sayings.

There's prolly no time to give a fuck about apostrophes, spelling and grammar if you're bit by an Aussie nasty.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Website
9. Re: Fallout 4 Website Jul 18, 2015, 22:39 CJ_Parker

J wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 21:33:
Is this the thread for complaining about Xbone graphics?

If at all possible, every single thread should be used to crap abundantly all over the Xbone.

News Comments > Op Ed
49. Re: Op Ed Jul 18, 2015, 13:29 CJ_Parker

LurkerLito wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 10:29:
It sounds like CIG is suppose to release something in 2 weeks or so they say. It'll be interesting to see what they put out. For some reason I can't stop thinking they are desperate to quiet the distension among the backers and are working in crunch time conditions to get it out as fast as possible.

?

It's no secret that they are hard at work on Star Marine, the FPS module. You can read about the latest weekly status update here.
It seems to me they are just trying to find excuses now to delay until Gamescom so they can get lots of PR when releasing Star Marine at their event.

I more interested about this bit in the article:
These reports range from rapidly dwindling funds left to see the project to completion; to a new report that SQ42 is almost a year away if they donít reduce the scope, and that it is now going to be an episodic game, in which the first episode (about 3hrs long without cut-scenes) is free, while future episodes are going to be paid DLC.
They absolutely did not mention or even imply the single player portion of the game was episodic requiring payment to get anything past the first episode. If they did even imply that during the KS time I would never have backed it. Episodic means it'll never be finished. I don't think I have ever seen a game that was labeled "episodic" finished.

The episodic release format is unfortunately correct but there is no way that they are going to charge us backers for episodes beyond #1. Squadron 42 is supposed to become a full commercial release, i.e. a $50 to $60 game which will naturally also cover all episodes at that price.
Other plans remain to be seen. The article is probably referring to a model where non-backers(!) would be able to download the first episode of Squadron 42 as a free-to-play game or maybe just the intro to the first episode because Christ Roberts once said that the 1st episode of S42 was supposed to become bigger than many full game releases (at three hours that would be a pretty blatant lie). It is also possible that their plan is a timed three hour trial version.

Whatever it may be... as backers we're getting all episodes for free and if you've been an early backer you're also getting the first expansion/"mission disk" (Behind Enemy Lines) for free, too.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
25. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jul 18, 2015, 01:16 CJ_Parker

Thanks to lame-ass current gen consoles (especially Xbone), you might as well scratch "blown away" from your vocabulary for cross platform games. It just won't happen for another few years and given the trend of < $400 consoles the next gen won't blow anyone away either. We're stuck in incremental hell.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Jul 17, 2015, 21:16 CJ_Parker

CDWarden wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 21:03:
I'm not a backer of SC, nor a supporter so I don't think I qualify as a SC "white knight". Even still, this tirade of Smart's is just baffling. He's upset because it is "vaporware"? Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't SC only been in active development for about 2 years, maybe 3? and doesn't your average AAA level title take ... around 4-5? am I wrong?

If Smart thinks that a game of this magnitude can be done in 2 years, and any longer is "vaporware" maybe that explains why all of his projects have been colossal and legendary turds.

You are also shifting the blame in unreasonable fashion. The only person who seems to not know that making games takes time is the man himself, Christ Roberts. He is the one who came up with unrealistic dates and who -against better knowledge (unless he really is totally retarded)- keeps on pumping out unrealistic dates during his live presentations etc.

According to Roberts, Squadron 42 is still scheduled for release by the end of this year and the commercial release of the PU (with 100+ star systems) for next year. Both will not happen. I can guarantee that just by looking at the monthly reports and other indications of the project's status.

The problem is not people's expectations. Many people perfectly understand that making games of this scope takes time. The problem is the sleazy snake oil used car salesman style of Christ Roberts who -against better knowledge- chooses to keep people in the dark with regard to a more realistic schedule and has even gone as far as promising that more money would help get things done faster.
It is clear as day that Roberts chooses to keep backers in the dark because he wants to keep selling ships for a game that people believe is around the corner, a belief that is specifically fueled by Roberts Himself setting completely unrealistic dates.

2270 Comments. 114 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo