Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1447 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced
7. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 15:21 CJ_Parker

There was exactly one mission in the original game that required stealth (the one where you had to steal the saddle from that old farmer which took all of umm 3 minutes if you didn't rush shit). The other so called "stealth" missions where you were told to sneak around the camps of Apaches and stuff like that were completely optional. You could just as well put a bullet in the brain of every single Apache. It was totally up to you. People and reviewers who complained about too many stealth missions are -and I wish there were a more polite way to put it but there isn't- fucktards. Seriously.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month
1. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month Jan 10, 2009, 13:35 CJ_Parker

Xcellent. Bring it the fuck on!

News Comments > Jeff Green on 1Up/UGO
13. Re: Maybe I'm just uber cynical Jan 7, 2009, 19:33 CJ_Parker

Funny, care to back up that claim with specific examples?

No, I don't. I have better things to do with my life than waste it away in a quotes war, ripping quotes from 1UP to show how retarded (a considerable number of) their reviews are. There are more than enough comment threads on gaming sites all around the net where you can find people mocking 1UP reviews for their inaccuracies, false historical accounts, poorly researched "facts", outright lies and general amateurishness. Hint: Google "Matt Peckham + 1UP" for starters and then check the story on why 1UP had to pull the guy's brilliant NWN 2 review.

News Comments > No PC LotR Conquest Demo
14. Re: No PC LotR Conquest Demo Jan 7, 2009, 19:09 CJ_Parker

BioWare is declining too.
Just look at Mass Effect. A perfect blinder that... [blahbluhblahbluh... retarded drivel]

Yep. Certainly has a lot to do with BioWare being under EA's umbrella. I mean EA acquired BioWare a FULL MONTH before Mass Effect was shipping so EA probably went ahead and made BioWare completely change the game in that ONE MONTH or less if we take into account that the gold master must've been finished at least a couple weeks before the street date.

Jeez, you're a dumbfuck. Incredible...

News Comments > Jeff Green on 1Up/UGO
10. Re: Maybe I'm just uber cynical Jan 7, 2009, 18:26 CJ_Parker

1UP didn't hire hardcore gamers that could write, they hired talented writers and personalities that also happened to play games.

That sums up one of their main issues quite nicely. I have never seen a major gaming site with such a completely incompetent staff as 1UP. Their reviews are (were) often inaccurate and full of outright false statements about the game that they were reviewing. For example, they were often times complaining about "missing" features or control options that anyone with the slightest bit of experience in gaming and/or the skill to check the manual would never experience.
Seriously, many of their reviews might as well have had a "can't be bothered with reality, facts or any of that boring shit" byline.

I am honestly glad that these genuine tards are (almost) gone now. The world definitely doesn't need their poorly researched pieces of shit articles. Good riddance!

News Comments > Vaporware 2008
21. Re: Vaporware 2008 Dec 30, 2008, 09:37 CJ_Parker

I've purchased several games from Steam, and the totally cool part about it all is that I've reinstalled the various games quite a few times, and moved them from hard drive to hard drive, and every time I wanted to play the game it was always there. I even deleted the local content of some of the games, and then re-downloaded the games when I wanted to play them.

Wow!!! Duuuudddeeee!!!! So what you're saying is that you have actually used Steam the way it is intended to be used?!? How "totally cool" is that? Here. Quick. Let me rub one off for you .

It's all been very easy and convenient, and it's like always having the games available, without having any discs in drives. IMHO, convenience FTW ....

Convenience of being able to install a game in under five minutes from a disc > the "convenience" of waiting five hours or more for your 6, 7 or 8GB+ download to finish. I mean even if you're really, really messy you should be able to beat those five hours searching and actually finding the disc in that pile of trash you call home.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have much against Steam ("nothing" would be a lie) but I'll never get why people would find any convenience in the fact they can wait hours and hours (more like DAYS or even WEEKS if you have a large games collection) for their download(s) to finish.
I can easily see the convenience (and have taken advantage of it myself) of purchasing or obtaining a game online. Especially some of the hard-to-find-at-retail classics which have the additional bonus of usually not being overly excessive in the MB/GB department.
But newer games that can be easily purchased in the store around the corner? Nope. Unless you live way out in the boonies it's much more convenient to just grab a copy and have at it.

News Comments > Ken Levine on PC Gaming
11. Re: Ken Levine on PC Gaming Dec 3, 2008, 19:40 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 3, 2008, 20:00.

News Comments > On GTA IV PC DRM
16. Re: On GTA IV PC DRM Nov 28, 2008, 17:48 CJ_Parker

From what I know you don't have to sign up for it at all, it's just a tool to upload videos/replays/whatever.

Ah OK. Thanks for the clarification. Then that's a "don't give a fuck" as well. So there's only the disc check that's a minor annoyance for me but what game doesn't require the disc in the drive? Right. Barely any. I'm a man. I can deal with it. The rest of y'all are pussies. Big fat meaty pink PUSSIES!!!

News Comments > On GTA IV PC DRM
14. Re: On GTA IV PC DRM Nov 28, 2008, 17:36 CJ_Parker

The game will include SecuROM copy protection

Fine. Don't give a fuck.

...and will require one-time online authentication...

Fine. Don't give a fuck.

...and will also require the game disc in the drive to play...

Not fine. Give a bit of a fuck because it is a minor annoyance but I have two DVD drives so it won't be too bad keeping the disc where it belongs.

GTA IV PC also requires a number of software installations, including Games For Windows, Adobe Flash, Internet Explorer, SecuROM...

All fine. Don't give a fuck.

...and our Rockstar Games Social Club application...

Not fine. Do give a major fuck. That's potentially really annoying especially if you can't register with totally fake data. If they even dare think about using my email address for any "other purposes" then that's the last 2K/Rockstar game I have ever bought. Luckily I have a lot of throw-away email accounts so the spam would only be a temporary issue but I'd never buy a game from them again just out of principle if all they want is to mine my data for advertising purposes.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Interview
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interview Nov 27, 2008, 13:41 CJ_Parker

The whole "2 Sith Rule" makes very little actual sense. The Galaxy contains how many lifeforms? I think I read that the planet Coruscant alone contained almost 3 trillion lifeforms. 2 Sith for the entire galaxy??! Something is very wrong with that scale. Or I am understanding it completely wrong? Or can their be multiple Master/Apprentice combinations?

Why would the scale be wrong if they gotz all tha pow3r? During the period of Episodes IV - VI two Sith lords ruled over (almost) the entire galaxy. There is also always only one Supreme Chancellor for example. Similarly "Sith" is just a term for the most powerful dark force users at a given time and usually refers to the Sith lords. Sith is not a race like it originally was before the term was adopted by dark force users. The term Sith has evolved from the description of a force-sensitive race to the description of a group of dark force users and finally it ended up as a description for the two most powerful dark force wielders in the galaxy.

Also the Sith don't need great numbers since their means of acquiring power are different. Deceit, treachery, manipulation are the ways of the Sith. They use and abuse people around them to become powerful or if there aren't enough people, well, then they create clone armies and stuff like that .
They are very clever and inventive when it comes to power games and so power-hungry that they would exterminate themselves if there were more than two at a time. That's why the rule of two was established in the first place. At one time in history the Sith were killing each other more than anything else and so one of the famous Sith lords established the rule of two for self-preservation of the Sith class.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Nov 23, 2008, 13:18 CJ_Parker

It's a side effect of forcing a game to full 3D when all evidence says isometric would be fine.

Nope. It's actually a side effect of Obsidian being fucking n00bs. There are 1000s of full 3D games where the camera is working fine. This is definitely an issue of incompetence. Just like the lack of basic RPG/RTS-style party control (remember the lack of multiselect anyone?) upon the game's release. How they could possibly "forget" to include such basic features is way beyond my imagination. Obsidian need to go back to game design school and start over from the beginning. That bunch of amateurs.

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Beta Closes Tomorrow
23. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Closes Tomorrow Nov 13, 2008, 14:22 CJ_Parker

Read the interview...

If you actually believe a dev if they say that the development of a popular sequel is "just a rumor" then you are even more retarded than I thought previously. There are literally hundreds of examples where a dev denied that a game was in existence and when the game was all of a sudden officially revealed shortly after. Happens all the time.

News Comments > Valve versus the HL2 Hax0r
12. Re: Valve versus the HL2 Hax0r Nov 13, 2008, 14:15 CJ_Parker

I'm sure he is currently spending his days in a small room without any internet connection for many years to come.

Why the fuck are you sure of that if the fucking news article itself actually fucking says that he was sentenced to fucking probation (read: he was just told to not do it again or else...)? Lurn 2 phuckin' r33d, d00d!!11

News Comments > Microsoft's Steamy Ambitions
13. Re: Microsoft's Steamy Ambitions Nov 13, 2008, 09:14 CJ_Parker

When it comes to an interface between you and your games it needs to be tight and mostly fluff free. Steam has more or less achieved this.

Rather less than more. Steam still takes up to a minute or more to start up after you click the shortcut. WTF is up with that? It should open up instantly or at least give you some indication that it is running and trying to connect. Instead there's nothing at all going on until after a minute or so the login window finally pops up saying "conncecting Steam account xxx". And then you get the same laggy BS when you launch a game... "preparing to launch xxx" for half a minute before the game is executed. That's complete bullshit.
The game should start immediately but no... of course Steam first has to transfer our user statistics (can you say spyware?) to Valve before it will let us play.
Steam after all these years still sucks giant loads of ass.

Seriously. The question isn't whether MS could do better. The question is how could they possibly fuck up more than Valve?

Steam games are more expensive than retail games, Steam games come with built-in spyware ("user statistics" - yeah, right), and Steam itself is laggy and intrusive (you need to disable a whole lot of shit before it becomes bearable).

That sounds exactly like something Microsoft could or would do as well. It's funny how people are willing to give Valve a free pass for all this shit though just "cuz their kewl cuz tehy liek made Count0r Str1Ke d00d!!111!!!one!!

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Beta Closes Tomorrow
11. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Closes Tomorrow Nov 13, 2008, 08:50 CJ_Parker

I wish they would close this shitty game and work on Battlefield 3 like everyone wants. Fucking assholes. I mean they can't look at this game and see it's totally worthless, even though it's free, it's waste of money and resources that could be put to something worthwhile like Battlefield 3.

Caveman not good at brainy stuff. Caveman live in cave and be very stupid, yes?

Just because Battlefield 3 hasn't been announced yet doesn't mean it's not in development already. I would bet both my testicles that a sequel to BF 2142 is already in the works in parallel to Heroes. Where did you get the retarded idea that EA is always only working on one game at a time, Caveman? Oh well, nevermind. Back to the cave you go. Dumbass Neanderthal.

News Comments > Dungeons and Dragons Online Plans
6. Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online Plans Nov 12, 2008, 12:08 CJ_Parker

Jesus fucking christ, another fantasy based MMO? D&D or not, we need another fantasy game like we need a hole in the head.

You, Sir, already seem to have a hole in the head. And it's apparently leaking a lot of brain, too...

Dumbass.

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Interview
3. Re: Alpha Protocol Interview Nov 8, 2008, 12:58 CJ_Parker

Avellone is probably the best game writer alive

Not untrue but it's certainly a very sad state of affairs when we have to refer to Mr. Chris "Generic-Fantasy-Story-Now-Only-A-Dime-A-Dozen" Avellone as the "best game writer". The mediocre stuff he puts out would be dumped in the trash bin by the lectorate intern at any half-serious book publishing house. Really sad. Gaming desperately needs better writers and more creativity.

News Comments > Sunday Q&A Roundup
1. Hotness factor of Alison Carroll Nov 2, 2008, 16:46 CJ_Parker

An Interview with Lara Croft on bit-tech.net talks with Lara Croft model Alison Carroll about how hot she is.

Ummm... WTF? If I would of conducted that interview about "how hot she is" there woulda been ONE question. "Can I fuck you?". OK. Make that two questions. "When?".
Those bit-tech tards wasted a perfect opportunity to get laid here. Dumbfucks.

News Comments > Crysis Wars 64-Bit Client & Linux Server Next Week
8. Re: Crysis Warhead 64-Bit Client & Linux Server Next Week Nov 2, 2008, 09:56 CJ_Parker

What's the actual relevance of a 64-bit version?

The most obvious advantage is that the game client will be able to make use of 4GB+ RAM (or ~3.25GB+ RAM in practice since that is the practical limit of WinXP 32-bit due to reserved system memory) in a full 64-bit environment (64-bit client and OS).
The big question in that context obviously is whether the game client is made to perform better (= scaling) when there is more free memory available. Only time and benchmarks will tell.

News Comments > EA: Forum Ban Equals Game Bans - Updated
112. Re: EA Forum/Game Bans Oct 30, 2008, 18:49 CJ_Parker

So you act like a little child that needs his ass wiped because you know Blue is less likely to ban you? Good on ya.

Actually, yup, that's what I said down there. Thank you, Mr. Parrot, Sir! You seem to be a quick learner and a smart cookie.

1447 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo