Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1397 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams Revealed, Teaser Trailer
57. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 17:03 CJ_Parker

Some of us have kids, jobs and lives. We don't want to replay the same battle multiple times. No one forced you to use Vita-Chambers, it was an optional thing. Your death still had it's "meaning" and I still got to use my Vita-Chambers because I want to play the game a few times, not twenty. More choice = good, less choice = bad.

Exactly. In Bioshock I always reloaded my last quick save when I died but the existence of vita chambers didn't bother me at all. Why would it anyway? This is one of those typical elitist asshole issues where the elitist assholes want to enforce their elitist asshole view on games on us non-elitist non-assholes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 2 DRM Follow-up
119. Re: No subject Oct 15, 2008, 19:55 CJ_Parker

CJ...yet none of that provides any proof whatsoever to back up your claim they made the console versions first and then ported to the PC.

That's not really what I was trying to claim though (I might have exaggerated for effect at one point with that flame on Ubi's porting "talents" ). I was actually not even trying to come up with a claim of my own but just trying to refute the claim that the game was originally planned as a PC exclusive.

There's really just no way it was with the history of these guys, Ubi Montreal. I am absolutely convinced that they always had console versions planned and that they used those early Xbox 360 dev kits (the Macs) to make sure that their Dunia engine would be flexible enough to run on consoles, too.

I am a strong believer in the theory that they just didn't announce the console versions at first because they were not sure whether to go for last gen or next gen. So they evaluated their options behind closed doors as they began developing the PC version, however, all the while fully knowing and intending to release the game on consoles eventually.

That's all I was trying to say. I do not believe in the "PC exclusive" fairytale. They might be saying that on PC-centric websites for PR reasons to make PC gamers feel better about themselves but there is just no fucking way that they ever seriously considered PC exclusivity.

113. Re: No subject Oct 15, 2008, 19:27 CJ_Parker

To think they used a Mac to develop under DirectX instead of developing it on a PC for a PC and later porting to consoles, is absolutely ludicrous. Your arguments are irrational.

*sigh* ... first of all, you do realize that the Xbox 360 has IBM Power PC CPUs installed that just happen to be the same ones as in Apple Macs?

Secondly: All early X360 demos were running on said Apple PowerMac G5 systems instead of the actual Xbox and these systems were used as the dev kit, too...
http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?I=2420&p=5
http://lowendmac.com/musings/05/0513.html
http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2004/02/28/xbox-2--sdk-released-on-cool-apple-power-mac-g5s
http://news.cnet.com/2100-1043-5706658.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Development

Need more?

Quote from the last link at Wikipedia... Before the launch of the Xbox 360, several alpha development kits were spotted using Apple's Power Mac G5 hardware. This was due to the system's PowerPC 970 processor running the same PowerPC architecture that the Xbox 360 would eventually run under IBM's Xenon processor.

112. Re: ... Oct 15, 2008, 19:18 CJ_Parker

KOTOR was a console port but did it play like a PC game? Yeah, damn right it did.

No, it didn't. From the extremely small shoebox levels to the retarded interface (especially the tedious inventory management) and on to the non-existent challenge level it had "console" plastered all over it.
On top of that it was also an epic borefest but, OK, granted, that had more to do with the lack of talent and creativity at BioWare than with the game being on consoles.

106. Re: No subject Oct 15, 2008, 18:37 CJ_Parker

Far Cry 2 was announced for PC in July 2007. Wasn't announced for 360 or PC until January 2008.

Yes. ANNOUNCED. That doesn't really mean anything and could very well have had political reasons like MS and Sony not wanting the console versions to be announced yet or maybe even some crossover issues with Crytek or maybe Ubi was not officially allowed to develop a sequel on consoles until a certain date had passed and so they had to keep it under wraps at first or maybe they weren't sure at the start whether to go for the Xbox and PS2 or the next gen consoles since they were right in between generations back then.
There are infinite possibilities why they chose to announce the PC version first.
Doesn't really matter though since I'm 100% sure that they made their Dunia engine with consoles in mind and were working on the game with console intentions from the very first day.

All the videos/screens up until the beginning of this year had been PC, now they are all 360 or PS3.

That could very well have had said "political" reasons as well like one of the involved parties not wanting media from the console versions out before a certain date.

Development began for the PC version back in 2004/2005. 360 and PS3 dev kits did not exist back then.

For the X360 the early dev kits were actually Apple PowerMac G5 based systems (that have been around since 2003) so Ubi Montreal certainly had the opportunity and ability to design the game with at least the 360 in mind from the beginning.

Well, I'm sure that they had console plans from day 1 but it could very well be that they did just not know which consoles exactly when they started out. The team had experience with the Xbox and PS2. Maybe they were a little indecisive at first whether to pull a quick one and develop Far Cry 2 in rush mode for the PC and the "last gen" of consoles or whether to take their time and go for the PC and next gen.

Who knows? But to believe that they were seriously ever planning on a PC-exclusive with Far Cry 2 at any point in development would be right on par with believing in Santa Claus.

97. Re: No subject Oct 15, 2008, 17:41 CJ_Parker

At this point, I'm pretty sure FC2 is a console port. While the game did begin as a PC exclusive...

What the hell would make you think that it began as a PC exclusive? Ubi Montreal, the developer of Far Cry 2, was also responsible for the console-exclusive Far Cry Instincts (plus the Evolution and Predator packs of Instincts). Since they went console-exclusive at least for a little while after the original Far Cry it is almost surprising that Far Cry 2 is coming to the PC at all.
Anyway, it should be very safe to assume that the consoles were the lead platforms for Far Cry 2 from day no. 1. The PC version of FC2 is going to be a 100% port and knowing Ubi it's gonna be an extremely half-assed one, too.

32. Re: Upgrade vs. new computer Oct 15, 2008, 11:42 CJ_Parker

Or a windows crash because im a tinkerer...

If you manage to crash any Windows version beyond XP SP2 then you're not a "tinkerer" but more like a full blown retard of the most epic proportions. Honestly.

29. Re: Upgrade vs. new computer Oct 15, 2008, 11:38 CJ_Parker

Worrisome reports so far have indicated that even a new graphics card flags it as a new PC. I wouldn't be surprised if getting a new burner for your broken one would flag it as a new PC.

"Worrisome reports" from who? The fucktard brigade? Also your Win XP comparison is seriously lacking. I can tell you from first hand experience that Win XP is very lenient. A little while ago (and that was actually after a few minor upgrades involving RAM and the video card several times(!)) I went for a major upgrade and got a new mainboard, CPU, graphics card and a hard disk and now guess what. Even though I fully expected XP to demand manual activation by calling in I did not have to but it let me activate my copy by the click of a button as usual. Easy. Simple. Hasslefree. Awesome.

Ever since then I no longer believe in those retarded "worrisome reports" from people (and we have to use the term "people" loosely here as I'm not sure we're really talking about multicelled organisms) who claim that a graphics card driver update can require you to reactivate. Those are probably the very same idiots because of whom we got "don't use to dry your pet" stickers on microwave ovens. Seriously. There are so many dumbass motherfuckers in this world that are fucking around with their computers without even the slightest hint of a fucking clue that just about any-fucking-thing is possible.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Preorder Discounts
12. Re: No subject Oct 15, 2008, 08:40 CJ_Parker

If you donít mind DRM thatís fine, but donít try to claim that everyone who does is a pirate.

Why not? It's pure fun watching faggots like you getting their panties in a bunch over this issue so... pi-rate, pi-rate, pi-rate neenerneenerneener... HAHAHA

News Comments > World of Goo Interview
4. Re: No subject Oct 14, 2008, 11:30 CJ_Parker

World of Goo? Is this like a cumshot sim or what the fuck is it, dude?  

News Comments > SouthPeak Buys Gamecock
6. Re: No subject Oct 14, 2008, 11:24 CJ_Parker

SouthPeak CEO Melanie Mroz is "excited,"

HAHA that little cock devouring slut...

News Comments > Turbine West Formed, Dave Brevik is Creative Director
19. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2008, 18:45 CJ_Parker

Actually I think that current faith based intelligent science put's it closer to six thousand years.

I reckon it's pretty fucking safe to scratch "intelligent" and "science" from that sentence.

News Comments > Turbine West Formed, Dave Brevik is Creative Director
14. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2008, 16:55 CJ_Parker

CNN Money Tip of the Day: Buy some Turbine put options! They're about to be flagshipped!  

News Comments > Secret Service Announced
22. Re: No subject Oct 12, 2008, 16:04 CJ_Parker

Don't quick your day job, asshole...

Learn to create sentences that make sense, fuckhead...

News Comments > Sierra Server Closures Planned
30. Re: DRM Oct 8, 2008, 20:24 CJ_Parker

Now imagine if these games had DRM and online activation

Now imagine if you had a brain because then you'd realize that activation servers and multiplayer servers has about as much to do with each other as you with said brain .

News Comments > Carbine Studios Unveiled
10. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2008, 13:39 CJ_Parker

if you dont like troika games, i question your taste in RPGs

If you do like Troika games, I question if you have any taste at all.

News Comments > AMD Split into Two Companies
13. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2008, 15:26 CJ_Parker

Does this frighten anyone else?

YEAH OMFWTFG!!!!111 IT DOES T0T4LLY GIVE MIII TEH SH1V3RZZZ D00000D!!!111 AMREICA IS UND3R ATtTAAAAACCCKKK AGAIN!1! UND3R ATTTT44A$aCCCKkK I TELLZZZ YA!!11 ELQUEDA IS TAKING US OVAH!!! RUN EVERYBODY RUUUUUUUUNNNNN FUUUUUUUUCCCCCKCKKK!!

News Comments > Mosby's Confederacy Announced
4. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2008, 08:44 CJ_Parker

I rather play risk?

I rather you shut the fuck up?

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 Details
25. Deus Ex Oct 4, 2008, 14:44 CJ_Parker

Sheldon Pacotti = Sheldon who the fuck? Is that the guy who invented pizza? Also it's great that the game has Harvey Smith' and Warren Spector's blessing. I mean really now. When Dumb and Dumber give a game their "blessing" what can go wrong huh?

Otherwise this game sounds like retard heaven so I guess that at least some... "special" people will be pleased by this fucker.

News Comments > Diablo 3 Interview
3. Re: D3 Article Oct 2, 2008, 10:04 CJ_Parker

I'm not sure when or where, but I'm positive I've read that piece before.

Dude, you forgot "of shit" after "piece". Come on. We're on Blue's News, man. Get your act together!

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 10:36.

1397 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo