Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1587 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Announced
10. Re: Microsoft Flight Announced Aug 17, 2010, 11:54 CJ_Parker

Jim wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 11:35:
Keep in mind that the MSFS series...
... [blahbluhblahbluh] ...
Time to start shopping for new PC hardware...

I'd save that money if I were you. I don't think that they have removed the "simulator" part from the title accidentally. In fact I'm pretty damned sure that they did that fully on purpose to distinguish this new and accessible flight game from the sims of the past.
I am also sure that they don't give a rat's ass about the industry that is based on the sims of the past. If anything then they might be making a few bucks from the add-ons because of licensing fees but why would MS care about the hardware (when they have shut down their gaming peripheral division at a time when MSFS was probably near the pinnacle of its popularity) or the communities (when they have shut down their pretty popular "Zone" service)? Trust me. They don't give a fuck.
MS Flight as a part of their "Live" crap is going to be to MSFS what Windows Live Mail is to Outlook 2010. If that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > id: No Tech 5 Licensing
14. Re: id: No Tech 5 Licensing Aug 12, 2010, 23:10 CJ_Parker

Hump wrote on Aug 12, 2010, 22:02:
No one is going to buy a game simply because of the tech involved.

Well, wrrrrrrooooonnnnngggg . I'd be curious to know how many people ended up buying Crysis just because of the uber graphics instead of the actual game but my guess would be a lot. Heck, even I bought Q3A and UT primarily because of the visuals back in the day and to give my neat, new rig something to chew on. I wasn't really all that interested in the multiplayer aspect of those games. I used them more as tech demo toys and for benchmark comparisons and so on. Of course those days are now long gone since the age of PC-exclusive games with ubah visuals has come to an end with the release (and lack of success) of Crysis.

In the end how an engine looks is in the hands of the artists, not the programmers.

Well, wrrrrrrrroooonnnnnggg, too (ya on a roll again, Humpy ). The "looks" of an engine are in fact very much determined by the programmers since they are the ones laying the groundwork for the artists (and everyone else who is working on the actual content for that matter).
Naturally it very much depends on the capabilities of the engine (polycount and all that) how detailed the art assets can be or must be or how detailed the animations can be or need to be etc.

Of course it is true that talented artists can contribute to covering up the shittiness of an engine to some extent. Prime example: World of Warcraft. Great artistic design and a relatively good looking game in spite of the shortcomings of the engine.

But no matter what the Blizz artists are doing WoW will never ever look like Age of Conan simply because AoC's engine has been made to deal with a totally different level of detail and a set of graphical features that WoW can only dream about. AoC's just been made like that. By programmers. Not artists. Artists are just the ones who get "shopping lists" of stuff to create/paint/texture/model/animate/whatever. They pretty much have zero influence on the engine or its looks per se.

News Comments > Dungeon Revealed
5. Re: Dungeon Revealed Aug 12, 2010, 12:30 CJ_Parker

What an original title. The guy who came up with it must've had some kind of creative orgasm.

News Comments > Mafia II Demo
1. Re: Mafia II Demo Aug 10, 2010, 12:51 CJ_Parker

A pre-release demo for the PC version of a AAA game? WTF?!? Has hell frozen over? Can pigs fly now? What gives?

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jul 31, 2010, 14:58 CJ_Parker

Starcraft II got a C+ from Gameplay Monthly. Finally a reviewer with ballz of steeeeeelllll!

News Comments > Force Unleashed Producer Leaves
4. Re: Force Unleashed Producer Leaves Jul 30, 2010, 08:47 CJ_Parker

Thank God that assclown is gone!  

News Comments > GOG.com Activision RPG Sale
10. Re: GOG.com Activision RPG Sale Jul 25, 2010, 09:27 CJ_Parker

Haha "legendary" RPGs. More like legendary epic fails and bugfests.

News Comments > Ubisoft Sales
22. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 21:44 CJ_Parker

ASeven wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 19:15:
LOL thanks for the support but I'm one of those tards and Ubisoft PC sales did go down 1% from 2009 to 2010 LOL

Dude, come on. Don't you go and disappoint uncle CJ now like zirik did. I hope we all know that you gotta put a number like that in perspective to the whole market. The entire PC video game market declined -23%(!) in 2009. So -1% is frickin' outrageously awesome. Ubi outperformed the market big time. Yeah, I know, it's only retail but console retail was down -11% in 2009 as well. There is no way in hell that downloads made up for the entire decline.
Everyone knows that consumer spendings were way down last year because of that little worldwide financial meltdown. For Ubi to lose only -1% of their PC sales (which they probably give less than a rat's ass about anyway compared to the sales on consoles) means that they prolly had a frog-eating orgy with Moulin Rouge hookers and some of the finest Moet & Chandon vintage champagne.

So anyway... if there is anyone who seriously believes that Ubi was or is hurting from the extremely small vocal minority who are boycotting them then all I can say is: Light 'nother pipe and keep dreamin' boyz!

20. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 17:16 CJ_Parker

Honestly. It's hard to believe just how fucking retarded you are, zirik. After ASeven kindly educated you on the difference between a regular year vs a fiscal year you should have STFU, crept back into the hole you came from and wept like a puppy about your own stupidity. It is incredible that instead you chose to prove that you're not just stupid but absolutely, completely and totally retarded beyond any recognition or hope of salvation. Gratz on an all new low, man. I mean it's always been clear to me that you anti-DRM tards aren't the brightest bulbs in the universe but you're like dark matter, dude. Jesus H Christ....

10. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 08:31 CJ_Parker

Tomas wrote on Jul 17, 2010, 23:38:
I wonder if the lost sales from pissed off old customers add up. I wish we could see the numbers.

What "lost sales"? What's giving you crazy anti-DRM lunatics the retarded idea that Ubi may have lost sales? A couple angry nerd rage posts on teh intahnetz? LOL indeed.
No, Sir. Ubi is doing really well. For Q1/2010 they expected sales of ~EUR 145 million but ended up with ~EUR 160 million. Sales were up 93% (i.e. they almost doubled their income) compared to the same period a year ago when they only made EUR 83 million.
These numbers are a forecast. Final data will be posted on July 22nd.
Source: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/gallery_files/site/270/1042/2311.pdf

Now go cry in a corner and stop molesting us adults, k? thx

1. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 17, 2010, 19:15 CJ_Parker

LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL  

News Comments > James Bond 007: Blood Stone Announced
11. Re: James Bond 007: Blood Stone Announced Jul 16, 2010, 17:54 CJ_Parker

She looks like a $5 (max) hooker with that retarded ring in her stupid face.

News Comments > Ubisoft Results, Driver Delayed
8. removed Jul 12, 2010, 19:23 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 13, 2010, 10:02.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale, Day 4
7. Re: Steam Sale, Day Four Jun 27, 2010, 19:00 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Jun 27, 2010, 15:37:
99 cents for Gothic II plus expansion.

Creston

Though it's not much but that's still 99c down the toilet for everyone with the combo: Windows 7 (32-/64-bit does not matter) + nVidia graphics card

... because nVidia still ain't fixed their goddamn Win7 drivers even tho' Gothic 2 incompatibility has been on the list of known issues for months now. Lame.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jun 25, 2010, 19:11 CJ_Parker

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 11:50:
Get the "scene" demo and play for yourself.

Yep. Do that. And then get back on the next DRM thread here and bitch about "draconian" DRM. Then look in the mirror. And vomit. Thank you.

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Conviction Patch
5. Re: Splinter Cell: Conviction Patch Jun 25, 2010, 08:35 CJ_Parker

Paketep wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 06:10:
It still is a spit in the faces of their customers.

I'm a customer of theirs and I don't feel spat at so it'd be great if you would kindly shut the fuck up kthx .

News Comments > PC BC2 Patch Monday at Soonest
9. Re: PC BC2 Patch Monday at Soonest Jun 23, 2010, 13:29 CJ_Parker

Haha Steam fails. What else is new?

News Comments > Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 Sale
5. Re: Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 Sale Jun 19, 2010, 18:30 CJ_Parker

The Mass Effect 1 deal is OK. ME 2, however, has been available for a much lower price at retail for months already so it's not much of a deal at all.

News Comments > RAGE Trailers
27. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 17:18 CJ_Parker

Fion wrote on Jun 17, 2010, 16:52:
Doom 3 was a solid game. Some of it's designs were a bit backwards but I don't know a single person (IRL) who didn't enjoy the game. It's only online where bashing Id is the 'in thing' that I saw people calling it absolute trash and a horrible game.

Well, have you ever considered the possibility that you might be surrounded by retards "IRL"? I have but I'm a nice guy so in your favor I'm gonna assume that it is an opposites attract kind of thing with you. Mwwwaahahahahahaha .

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Creative Director Leaves
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Creative Director Leaves Jun 13, 2010, 17:26 CJ_Parker

Iz ALL becuz uf teh DRM I tellz YA OMIGODWTFBBQRULZ0r!!!111!!

1587 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo