Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1696 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 (MechWarrior Online?) in Summer 2012
3. Re: MechWarrior 5 in Summer 2012 Oct 31, 2011, 16:28 CJ_Parker

It says "MechWarrior Online" on the pic so is this going to be an MMO or wot?!?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues
32. Re: NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues Oct 31, 2011, 15:37 CJ_Parker

Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 14:24:
That makes sense. It's just I've never heard the like before.

SandForce or OCZ, I don't remember, recently did something very similar when they were looking into the BSOD issues of drives based on the SF-2281 controller. They even asked people to send them their entire rig for testing, not just the faulty drive.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked?
56. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 30, 2011, 15:40 CJ_Parker

Kajetan wrote on Oct 30, 2011, 15:24:
Ubisoft is actually learning this the hard way with their 90% reduction of PC sales after the introduction of Ubi-DRM.

Did you pull that number out of your ass or out of your penis? This is not even remotely true. On a sales by platform basis Ubi's PC sales have fluctuated between something like 9% and 17% in the last year or so, i.e. they are selling ~90% of their games on other platforms than the PC. Going from 17% to 9% from one period to another (which by the way is a 50% decline and not 90%) could very well have to do with what games they had in the pipeline at a certain point in time. If Ubi releases a new Anno game (very popular PC-only franchise in Europe) then their PC sales will spike. If they don't have a new Anno then the PC sales will slump. That simple.

All in all if Ubi DRM even had any effect on their sales then it must have been completely negligible. Since they are selling 90% of their games on other platforms I'm sure they don't really give a fuck either way. Definitely no "hard way learning" involved.

You people need to stop your pipe dreams. Just because a couple dozen people on the Internet are posting to never buy a Ubi game again does not drive Ubi to the edge of bankruptcy. Ubi will survive even if their PC sales hit zero or if they stop making PC games altogether. They don't give two shits about us. Get a perspective or something. Jeez.

News Comments > Electronic Arts 2Q Financials - BF3 Ships 10M
24. Re: Electronic Arts 2Q Financials - BF3 Ships 10M Oct 28, 2011, 10:42 CJ_Parker

Verno wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 10:15:
You're referring to the short term and their gains are certainly encouraging but I was referring to a longer term take on their performance.

Yeah right you were. I bet you didn't even know about the stock's performance when you posted. Even if... then you're referring to the dumbasses who do not actively manage their portfolio. Anyone with half a brain is working with stop loss orders to cut their losses so only the dumbest of the dumb would have ended up losing any real amount of money with EA's stock in recent years.
Following simple buy low/sell high tactics with stop loss and buy orders would make you a happy EA shareholder since the stock has very healthy dynamics and just the right degree of volatility to make a quick buck every now and then.

News Comments > Electronic Arts 2Q Financials - BF3 Ships 10M
22. Re: Electronic Arts 2Q Financials - BF3 Ships 10M Oct 28, 2011, 09:44 CJ_Parker

Verno wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 09:21:
I wouldn't be a happy EA shareholder myself.

You're pretty spoiled then because the stock has shown a performance of about +30% in the last three months from about $18 in August to $24 today. The one year chart shows an even greater increase because the stock used to be around $15 a year ago. I know a lot of shareholders, especially in this economic climate, who would be quite happy with EA's +60% performance in the past year.
It would only suck to be an EA shareholder if you bought the stock four or five years ago when it was at $50 - $60 but anyone who isn't a complete dumbass and who actively manages their portfolio should be extremely happy with EA's recent performance.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted?
16. Re: Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted? Oct 24, 2011, 17:23 CJ_Parker

ochentay4 wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:18:
Ehh what!? Infinity Ward made Call of Duty, not Medal of Honor!!!

Easy now. Ya can't let the facts get in the way of a retard's I-have-no-idea-what-I'm-talking-about-but-phuck-EA speech. Please. Show some respect for the mentally handicapped, will ya?!?

News Comments > Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted?
10. Re: Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted? Oct 24, 2011, 14:44 CJ_Parker

wonkawonka wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 11:56:
Someone please shoot me. For real.

Okies. But only if I can shoot you in the nutsack!

News Comments > The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim Footage/Interview
22. Re: The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim Footage/Interview Oct 22, 2011, 20:59 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 20:36:
Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3 were nearly bug free out of the box.

Surely you jest.

Nope. Contrary to you, my friend, I was always playing a legit version of these games though and not a "Reloaded" version so that might have helped.

Also, I find it silly to post a listing of a few individual issues. You can do that with any game if your single goal is to make a game look bad and buggy.
What counts is the overall experience that the majority of the gamers had and for most people who played the legit versions of Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3, well, they had a flawless experience. Whether you like it or not.

In Morrowind, I was constantly falling through the floor in a part of the Mage's Guild building in Balmora.

Aaaw. Crap. And there was no way around that particular spot, right?

In Oblivion, there was a critical bug that caused the game to run out of IDs for items and characters after a certain amount of playtime, preventing new items and characters from being spawned. There was also a critical bug where animations would start slowing down and eventually stop completely after a certain amount of playtime, breaking the game.

Yep. That bug existed but barely anyone ever encountered it because we're talking about HUNDREDS of hours of play time. No one other than a handful of the most extreme hardcore nuts ever had that bug happen to them. And it was fixed eventually.

In Fallout 3, I would randomly crash whenever indoors.

Again: Buy the game and play a legit version. Then we'll talk again. Or at the off chance that you did in fact play a legit version: Learn to configure your system properly. The vast majority of people never encountered crashes in Fallout 3.

There were tons and tons of minor bugs as well. Floating objects, holes in the terrain, clipping issues, physics issues, ragdoll issues, Z-sorting issues, navmesh issues, particle issues, transparency issues, scripting issues, etc. The community patch for Oblivion had over 1800 bug fixes.

Every single game has these sorts of issues. Every single fucking one. And the 1800 "bug" fixes in the Oblivion community patch mostly consisted of cosmetic stuff including hundreds of instances where they fixed the spelling. It's ridiculous to even mention that in this context. It's obvious that we were talking about major game-breaking bugs on release day. Major fuck-ups. That kind of thing. And Bethesda has an excellent track record in that regard with their last three releases.

No game is bug free or even close to it, especially not RPGs.

Ah, finally you get it! There may be intelligence left in you yet. I never said that the games were bug free. I said "nearly" which needs to be seen in perspective and comparison to other game (RPG) releases. Naturally Bethesda games have had issues but the vast majority of gamers ever only encountered minor glitches that had no negative impact on the overall gameplay experience.
Compared to other games that come out with show-stoppers, major repeatable crash bugs, save game (or other file) corruption and all other sorts of shit, Bethesda games are like a golden toilet brush in a sea of turds, dude. Seriously .

News Comments > The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim Footage/Interview
12. Re: The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim Footage/Interview Oct 22, 2011, 19:27 CJ_Parker

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 15:22:
I really, really hope this doesn't release in a bug-ridden disaster state like most other Bethesda projects...oh who am I kidding...

Not sure what you're talking about. Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3 were nearly bug free out of the box. They had to be, too, because of the console versions. The few issues that remained were addressed in patches. Bethesda definitely has an admirable track record in the post-Daggerfall era. If you wanna hate then hate on something else. Something that actually makes sense or something...

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM?
48. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM? Oct 8, 2011, 20:15 CJ_Parker

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 19:52:
Actually none of my games are pirated. As a legitimate buying consumer I can tell you why always on DRM is a bad idea:...

I'll concede that a flakey connection can be a problem but you know what? People have a choice. Like if gaming is a really important hobby to anyone they could move to a place with better connectivity. If they don't want to move, well, don't buy always-on games. Simple. But puhlease. STFU and stop complaining. It's like someone living in the Rocky Mountains whining that they can't go wave boarding.
All of the other issues are the usual FUD-infested arguments where the likelihood of any such event is in the sub 1% regions. Might as well argue that no one should buy hard drives because they can fail. Everything can fail. Every company might go bankrupt leaving you with no legal resort in case of any problem with the service or product you bought.

People (not necessarily you, Freguson, as I do believe you if you say that you buy all your games) like to exaggerate this stuff greatly for fear mongering purposes just to support piracy-friendly DRM on games or DRM-free games altogether. As I said: It's pure FUD tactics usually from the typical "interested parties".

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
180. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 19:58 CJ_Parker

Nah Carmack's just smart. He's going where the money is. While PC gamers prefer to steal their games and waste everyone's time making up all sorts of shit excuses for it, publishers are raking in the big dow selling to the much less piracy-crippled console market.
If people want shit to change then they need to go back to buying their PC games instead of stealing them. As is always the case with this sort of thing people expect other people to move first and in the end no one moves. Except the world. It keeps on turning and it's turning in favor of the stronger console markets.

I know exactly what the replies to my post will look like. There'll be the same tired ol' arguments in favor of piracy. Sure. Go ahead and let it all out.
But anyone arguing against what I stated above is only in denial of the truth. A truth that people like Carmack, Yerli, Muzyka & Zeschuk, and many other leading heads of former PC power houses have long realized.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM?
44. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM? Oct 8, 2011, 19:30 CJ_Parker

I for one wish them the best of luck in their endeavor to screw the thieving assholes of this planet big time.
Always-on is no problem at all for the vast majority of serious, legit and honest PC gamers of this world.
It's only a problem for the stealing scum who like to keep their gaming PC(s) offline "just in case" so no one can detect their multiple terabytes of stolen games. Or for the cheapskates who are pissing their pants in sheer angst of any new DRM scheme that might actually all but eliminate piracy or at least delay cracks substantially.

Good luck, GSC! You guys rock!

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
77. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 2, 2011, 09:58 CJ_Parker

Hump wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 07:48:
I seem to remember rational posts at one time...here....on Blues (no, really)

Bwwwahahahaaa Hump talking about "rational posts"... that was a real knee-slapper right there, bro... BWWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

News Comments > BF3 Open Beta Begins
73. removed Sep 29, 2011, 17:54 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 29, 2011, 20:28.

News Comments > NVIDIA on PC Gaming Sales and Performance Uptrends
25. Re: NVIDIA on PC Gaming Sales and Performance Uptrends Sep 23, 2011, 15:14 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 18:48:
Can there be a difference between GPUs with regards to IQ? Sure. Like I said, ATI has pretty much always had a slight edge in IQ vs Nvidia, but that's a difference that's noticeable only if you compare side by side screenshots.

That has actually not been true for a few years by now. nVidia has long taken the lead in IQ thanks to a much better implementation of AF and slightly better AA modes. The argument that ATI may be a tad bit slower but offers better IQ is obsolete and has been for a long time already (like when the ATI 9800s were around). You may want to update yourself on this stuff some time.

News Comments > LucasArts' Action/Adventure, FPS, and Aerial Combat Plans
18. Re: LucasArts' Action/Adventure, FPS, and Aerial Combat Plans Sep 15, 2011, 17:16 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 15:57:
Don't hold your breath. It'll be some shitty console game. Bank on it.

Exactly. I feel sorry for anyone who is retarded enough to hope for a proper TIE/XWing sequel.

News Comments > Wing Commander 3 on GOG.com
32. Re: Wing Commander 3 on GOG.com Sep 13, 2011, 19:02 CJ_Parker

Alpha Geist wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 16:14:
Oh boy do I remember the Matrox Millenium. Mine came with Destruction Derby, which I loved...but the box in which the video card came in had this freaky looking clown face on it.

If the box had a clown face then you had a Matrox Mystique and not a Millennium, you n00b!
The Millennium came out first and it was always the "professional" 2D card with basic 3D functionality while the Mystique was the gamer variant.
A couple years after WC3, a lot of people in the mid 90s had a Millennium for 2D (Windows/Office) plus a 3Dfx Voodoo for gaming. The Mystique became completely useless once the Voodoo and other better 3D cards came out because Voodoo > TNT > ATI Rage 3D Pro > Mystique.

News Comments > Wing Commander 3 on GOG.com
8. Re: Wing Commander 3 on GOG.com Sep 13, 2011, 12:23 CJ_Parker

Wolfen wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 11:44:
Wow! I loved the WC Series. Wasnt sure if they would have it or not. It was like 3 or 4 cd's. Sucker barely ran on my machine. Had to upgrade to a 486dx2 I think it was.

As far as I can remember I had a 486DX2-40 at the time and that was not enough to run the game. You needed at least a DX2-66 but the real fun started at Pentium P5-60/66+ upwards.

News Comments > Skyrim Trailer Triple-Feature
37. Re: Skyrim Trailer Triple-Feature Sep 13, 2011, 11:48 CJ_Parker

Optional nickname wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 09:51:
Looks like I'm going to have to sift through 450 comments of love and hate upon game release, before deciding to buy this game.

No you won't. You can make up your mind right here, right now. Just like BioWare games, Bethesda games are very formulaic. They are never reinventing the wheel from one game to the next. There is always the same underlying recipe. They just iterate and they might try a different flavor here and another spice there but overall you will always recognize the basic formula.

Skyrim will not be any different. It will be Oblivion v2.0. If anyone truly disliked Oblivion (or Morrowind or Daggerfall etc.) then chances are slim you will all of a sudden fall deeply in love with Skyrim.

I quite sincerely hope that the number of tards who buy Skyrim just because of the hype, expecting it to be vastly different from previous ES games, is going to be pretty low. It's always a bit of a major pain in the ass when you have to wade through thousands of dumbass forums posts from idiots who are too fucking stupid to buy the right fucking game for themselves.

News Comments > Skyrim Trailer Triple-Feature
32. Re: Skyrim Trailer Triple-Feature Sep 13, 2011, 07:00 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 00:05:
As others have mentioned, the UI in these videos is terrible. Every single menu involves scrolling. Want to check your inventory? Scrolling. Want to check your stats? Scrolling. Want to check the map? Scrolling.

It's called Elder Scrolls, dumbass, so STFU and deal w/ it mkay?!

1696 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo