Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1575 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Still Possible
10. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Still Possible Nov 16, 2010, 15:16 CJ_Parker

We could have done that, but that would have taken away one of the reasons why we made the game, which was to recreate the specific stories of some people who are our heroes

Heroes? So white-phosphorusing the living fuck out of a few thousand unarmed civilians is somehow considered to be "heroic"? Mmmmk. More proof that we live in a world that's fucked up beyond any hope of salvation.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas Patched
26. Re: Fallout New Vegas Patched Nov 10, 2010, 08:51 CJ_Parker

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 03:22:
Yeah, impressive how fast they fixed issues in a game based on an old engine that had the EXACT SAME ISSUES IN THE LAST FALLOUT GAME. I still can't believe they released it like that.

No kidding. This is typical Obsidian incompetence. I'm with those guys who will be waiting for the $10 (max) GOTY edition of FNV. Until then they can shove their inferior product where the sun don't shine.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 4, 2010, 17:21 CJ_Parker

bigphatlol@US$599

Now unless they are price fixing again (in accordance with AMD and AMD's pricing of the HD 6970) this is going to end up being one of the quickest price cuts in the history of computer hardware when the HD 6970 hits the market on November 22nd.

News Comments > EA Staff Cuts
23. Re: EA Staff Cuts Oct 29, 2010, 12:04 CJ_Parker

AnointedSword wrote on Oct 29, 2010, 08:51:
"No company in the software development sector fires its experienced workforce."

Huh? We do it all the time. If the demand is not there, businesses have to cut the work force. If a company does not get paid, how are they going to pay the workers?

I am not saying this is the case with EA, but sometimes business owners and leaders have to make the hard decisions. This includes letting go experienced workers.

I know I should have added "unless they absolutely have to" but I thought it was clear from the context of the ongoing discussion. Whom or how many get fired depends on a lot of other factors as well, of course. Like the complexity of your software or the tools you are working with. Some people have invaluable skills or experience or a rare combination of skills so that letting them go is simply not an option.

Anyway, I think that anyone who is working in the video gaming industry should know the rules of the game. It's hire & fire at its best. If anyone wants job security they need to go look somewhere else. Actually I'm sure that EA is one of the places with the highest job security [in the video gaming industry] simply due to their sheer size. Of course no one is talking about the indies and the small studios who hire & fire all the time but if EA lays off a couple hundred out of a few thousand (Wikipedia says 8,000) it makes the headlines and there is an outcry of [dumb] people. Boom! Bang! Murder! Rape! It's just retarded.

News Comments > EA Staff Cuts
21. Re: EA Staff Cuts Oct 29, 2010, 08:14 CJ_Parker

InBlack wrote on Oct 29, 2010, 06:20:
We dont really have any of the details do we. Im under the impression that most of these people were probably working on a contractual basis of 3 or 6 months, and their contracts have probably just run out. I cant see a company firing experienced full time employees who have "permanent" positions unless they screwed up somehow.

Dude, take it easy with the intelligent comments will ya?
You're 100% correct, of course. No company in the software development sector fires its experienced workforce. The costs of hiring new (or re-hire the former) people and the expenses for fully (re-)integrating them usually far outweigh the savings of a couple months salaries. These definitely must have been temporary positions to begin with which is standard practice in a project based environment like game development. Business as usual. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Naturally all of this is a little bit hard to understand for your average Blue's News knucklehead commie cunt who's having pipe dreams about Fidel Castro run 100% employment guarantee corporations that serve as infinite pools of welfare money for the untalented, poor and lazy like themselves.

I guess what I'm really trying to say with that last paragraph is: Fuck the dumb.

/peace out

News Comments > German Call of Duty: Black Ops EU Ban
10. Re: EU Call of Duty: Black Ops German Ban Oct 28, 2010, 13:19 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 12:39:
The problem here lies with Germany's absurd media restrictions and censorship.

No it doesn't. I know that you're a Steam fanboi and don't want to hear it but the problem in this case is Valve. Living in Germany I can import any game from the US, the UK or Austria or from wherever the fuck I want. If the game is actually forbidden (as opposed to just being USK 18+) in Germany then there is a small risk that the game might get zapped by customs. That risk is pretty much zero if I order from the UK or Austria because of the whole free trade thing in Europe. Then if I have the game in my hands I can freely install and play it. No one can stop me from playing the game. This is how it usually works when Steam is not involved.
It is only because of Steam that I can not activate or play an imported copy of CoD Black Ops and as far as I know Black Ops is not even a forbidden game (yet). It's just a USK 18+ game. It's a complete asshole move by Valve and Activision not to allow German players to unlock their imported copies.

If German citizens aren't happy with this then they can either boycott the game - which wouldn't really help their cause

I don't give a fuck about a "cause". I will boycott this game and torrent the fucker as soon as a crack is available. Activision and Valve can fuck off and gangbang each other in the A or something.

...or they could build up enough momentum to force a change of government policy. Perhaps a game this big will be enough to finally start that.

Sorry but that is complete bullshit. After the killing sprees that we have had over here in Erfurt and in Winnenden we can call ourselves lucky that there is no total ban on violent video games. The majority of the population would be in favor of such a ban. As gamers we are the minority and we want to keep a low profile and not stir up any unnecessary shit or it might backfire very badly.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 25, 2010, 15:15 CJ_Parker

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 14:49:
I doubt anyone will be forced to upgrade. Just like many kept running Windows 98SE or Win2K rather than going to XP. If it's a better OS and has features that I want and are worth the price, then I'll probably upgrade. Simple as that.

Exactly. All the whiners need to shut the fuck up. I think it's great that MS is going back to a more frequent upgrade schedule because this way Windows will be adapted to new technologies in a timely fashion and we will have native support for stuff like USB 3.0 or SATA 3.0 without the need to wait several frickin' years before MS decides to pull their finger out of their ass. That was just plain horrible how you still needed a floppy disk drive for something as simple as a RAID driver because Windows XP was so hopelessly outdated. Come on. No one can seriously want to go back to shit like that. A new Windows every ~3 years sounds about right to me.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2010, 21:21 CJ_Parker

This is the web 3.0 you tards. It has built-in auto-detection of a person's mental capabilities and maturity. Eight months for Acleacius and four years for Eldaron sounds 'bout right .

n00bs

News Comments > It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1
17. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 23, 2010, 21:18 CJ_Parker

If I were a chick I'd ask Houdini to have my baby so we could create a new super-intelligent elite troll race *sigh*

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Tools
36. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 10:09 CJ_Parker

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 09:57:
The loot stays in the world, or even on the bodies - hell the bodies stay there forever.....just fast travel back to town, dump the stuff and then come back. Wash, rinse, repeat.

*pussy detected*

Almost. If you're a REAL man playing REAL hardcore mode and not the pussified version of hardcore that isn't even worthy of being called "hardcore" then you don't use fast travel. Ever.
Seriously. Stop being pussies, guys. Either play on hardcore and be and act like you're hardcore or STFU, turn off hardcore and quit being a wannabe, kthx .

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4
16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Oct 16, 2010, 03:38 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on Oct 15, 2010, 23:22:
Actually Ford was forced to fix the Pinto for FREE. The incompetence of the publisher speaks for itself.

Iirc, PB had a 1 gig patch ready to distribute within a month, since they had been working on it after G3 was FORCED into goldmaster, before it was done. Instead of paying PB for work they had done, the publisher refused to pay and seized control of the franchise, hiring another developer to....guess what....make a 1 gig patch. Oh, btw the way, they paid the new developer which took SEVERAL months before their patch was done, leaving the FRANCHISE name, reputation and quality to dwindle.

A lowlife publisher is a lowlife publisher and this could be their last game according to their finical state. They certainly deserve to be forced into bankruptcy for what they did to PB and the Gothic name.

100%& grade A bullshit, my very uninformed little friend. PB actually LIED about the existence of the GB patch that you mentioned. They said that it was in development and then when they broke up with JoWood this turned out to be a BIG FAT LIE and they had to admit that the patch never existed and that any previous mention of the patch was just "what if" kind of talk like if they would be working on a patch then it would be really big and blahbluhblahbluh.

Feel free to bash JoWood all you like but the fact that they paid Spellbound to fix Gothic 3 after losing PB as the developer and the way they supported the community efforts is something that not many other publishers would have done. Other publishers would have focused on the G3 add-on and G4 and left G3 to rot.

News Comments > Valve Denies Steam Trade-in Plans
37. Re: Valve Denies Steam Trade-in Plans Oct 14, 2010, 21:30 CJ_Parker

Sepharo wrote on Oct 14, 2010, 21:13:
So what are all those great sales then? Valve can't force companies to lower their prices but Valve sure as hell does so itself. Also free weekends.

Shut up and fuck off with the sales, kthx . The guy you quoted is 100% correct. Valve (and other publishers) first promised HUGE savings from going from manly box format to DVD box format and then again going from DVD boxed format to digital, well, and the simple matter of the fact is that the fucking savings never ever happened.

Sure, some Steam sales (which only happen like a couple times a year or MONTHS or YEARS after a game's original release) sometimes aren't too shabby for older titles to complete your collection but Steam really isn't an option for new games unless you're a retarded Valve fanboi who feels like making major donations to Gabe's ever growing FAT ASS is the way to go.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands GOTY Edition
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands GOTY Edition Oct 12, 2010, 20:15 CJ_Parker

Jeez, guys. Does every dumbfuck with a Steam account who bought Borderlands really have to expose themselves and flash their inferiority? Whatever happened to showing some respect and decency towards intelligent and superior people like me, myself and I? As a non-amoeba with more than one brain cell and no Steam and no Borderlands I feel unclean in y'allz presence .

*heads off to shower*

News Comments > GOG.com Interview
5. Re: GOG.com Interview Oct 10, 2010, 18:20 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 10, 2010, 15:38:
Yeah but thats not compatible then now is it? If i have to use the same workarounds i have to use when i use the version i already had then whats the point of GoG.

The point is to fill the pockets of people who are laughing their ass off at all the idiots who are buying a game they already own for the second or in some cases of extreme idiocy umpteenth time.

As for Mr. Iwinski and his little "game" remark, well, buddy come here... uncle CJ wanta play widdya. My game's called "castration" but trust me it's a whhhhoooollllle lotta fun, pal. Come here now. It won't hurt. Almost. And it's sooooo funny. Don't be shy. Come on.

News Comments > BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Scrapped
21. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Scrapped Oct 9, 2010, 19:24 CJ_Parker

Yeah, the flame should have been directed at the asshole that posted "one can dream", not at the doc.

News Comments > BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Scrapped
8. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Scrapped Oct 9, 2010, 13:15 CJ_Parker

Wildone wrote on Oct 9, 2010, 12:45:
no one cares about your shit hallway shooter anyway.

Well said. I'm glad I didn't buy that piece of shit and I'm glad that I won't even have to think about buying their next retarded piece of shit now that I know how much they care about their PC audience.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Footage
24. Re: Duke Footage. Oct 3, 2010, 21:51 CJ_Parker

Highlander wrote on Oct 3, 2010, 21:47:
I'm underwhelmed. I had higher expectations.

Same here. I can pee in first person in my bathroom with even better gfx. Don't need no fucking DN4ever for that kind of shit err... piss I mean .

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. removed Sep 30, 2010, 15:22 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 30, 2010, 16:31.

News Comments > GOG.com Interview
1. Re: GOG.com Interview Sep 26, 2010, 13:13 CJ_Parker

we still have a few surprises up our sleeves for our dear users

Great. I can't wait to get fecked in the arse again! YES! OH YEEESS!!! Gimme moar, mooooaaaarrrr pleeeeeaaaaassssseeeeeee....

News Comments > GOG.com Update
29. Re: GOG.com Update Sep 23, 2010, 20:08 CJ_Parker

Ray Marden wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 17:37:
I kind of hope they fail now.

The company that prided itself on DRM-free games willfully took the site down for a hoax PR stunt, brings back the site without major changes, and brags about how great it is...
Time to die.
Not planning on purchasing from them

100% ACK + QFE. They can go and fuck themselves big time as far as moi is concerned.

1575 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo