Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1447 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain
21. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 17:50 CJ_Parker

I have a surprise for Modern Warfare 2: I'm not going to buy you, you stupid fuck of a game!

There. How was that for a surprise eh? Next time I'll show Modern Warfare 2 my willy. Stay tuned...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Obsidian on Alpha Protocol Role-Playing
2. Re: Obsidian on Alpha Protocol Role-Playing Sep 22, 2009, 20:45 CJ_Parker

I'm ready to fuck this game, too!!!

News Comments > Jedi Knight Games Rereleased
21. Re: Jedi Knight Games Rereleased Sep 16, 2009, 19:04 CJ_Parker

good luck trying to get Dark Forces 1 to run on vista 64.

good luck trying to post something intelligent next time

[see Kajetan's post]

News Comments > Arkham Asylum Ships
21. Re: Game Reviews Sep 16, 2009, 07:41 CJ_Parker

Can you run the game in a window? I prefer that I'm in control of the game; the game is not in control of my desktop.

r u krazee?!?

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Server Closures
7. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Server Closures Sep 15, 2009, 14:40 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 15, 2009, 14:45.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Server Closures
2. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Server Closures Sep 15, 2009, 13:55 CJ_Parker

FUCKING FINALLY!!!

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer
8. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer Sep 15, 2009, 11:27 CJ_Parker

and the fact that you may not be in danger if you hear a machine gun shooting, but will be in danger if you hear the bullets thudding into the ground.

Ummm. The M60 machine gun for example has a muzzle velocity of 953m/s and an effective range of ~1.1km. The speed of sound is 343m/s. If the machine gunner does his job right then you won't hear anything at all. You'll just be dead. Long before you would be able to even hear any kind of firing.
That dev's got the wrong order. What you would notice first if the gunner misses is bullets thudding into the ground and only after that would you hear the gun shooting.

P.S. for the smart cookies: Yeah, I know that the bullet will slow down as it travels but it will be a while before it drops below 343m/s so unless you're being shot at from a far distance there'll be bullett impacts first and sounds second.

News Comments > Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Patch Pulled
6. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Patch Pulled Sep 11, 2009, 16:30 CJ_Parker

Sure sure... after I installed it. Thanks!

lol@n00b

News Comments > Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed
20. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 11, 2009, 15:50 CJ_Parker

BWAHAHAHA LMAO @ all the nerds discussing X-Wing in the other thread

News Comments > Bethesda: No Current Elder Scrolls 5 Plans, MMO? Maybe
32. Re: Bethesda: No Current Elder Scrolls 5 Plans, MMO? Maybe Aug 16, 2009, 08:27 CJ_Parker

I guess my biggest annoyance with MMORPGs is their labeling. I don't really consider them RPGs at all. Having classes and stats doesn't make an RPG. Open-ended gameplay and lots of meaningful choice and consequence make an RPG.

Well, that's only your problem though if you have a weird definition of what makes an RPG. Why should you not be able to have "open-ended gameplay and lots of meaningful choice and consequence" in any other genre? It would be easy to apply that definition to FPS and RTS and there are in fact games in both genres that have had open-ended gameplay and c&c.
No, Sir. Those are not defining characteristics of an RPG.
What really makes an RPG (and I'm not pulling this out of my ass but it is one of the most common and most widely accepeted definitions) is when character skill (and stats, traits, whatever) begins to matter more than player skill. So classes and stats do in fact play a major role in what makes an RPG because they define who your character is, how strong he/she is, what skills he/she can use and a lot of other things. That's exactly what makes an RPG as you build a character, assign your character a role and then play that role within the rules and the setting of the role-playing world.
Open-ended gameplay and c&c can but don't have to be an ingredient of an RPG. I prefer RPGs with those characteristics but they are most certainly not defining characteristics.

News Comments > Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Lives
16. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Lives Aug 14, 2009, 17:06 CJ_Parker

HAHAHA LMAO @ all the fucking retarded drama queens from yesterday's thread

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2009, 20:50 CJ_Parker

My guess is that Risen will be the next title to slip into 2010.

Not gonna happen. They have already set and committed to a date which is October 2nd worldwide. The game has been in feature freeze and beta testing for months now so it is extremely unlikely that any major unexpected issues are all of a sudden going to pop up out of nowhere. They are balancing and polishing the game at this time according to the forums so they are really just about "done". German magazines have already been given access to playable beta code. The ad campaign and PR in general is in full swing (in Germany). Short of an act of God (office fire, earthquake, nuclear accident, plane crashing into their office building) there is nothing going to stand in the way of that October 2nd release.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Delay
1. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Delay Aug 8, 2009, 11:59 CJ_Parker

Let the whiny bitching commence...

News Comments > Ubisoft's Anti-Piracy Plans
73. Re: Ubisoft's Anti-Piracy Jul 28, 2009, 17:26 CJ_Parker

I don't really give a shit. I just hope they're going to fuck pirates in the ass. Like real hard. No lube style with a 12 inch boner. You know... with wide open eyes and screams of agony and all that jazz. That'd be fun. For me at least .

News Comments > Dark Salvation Now Available
14. Re: Dark Salvation Now Available Jul 28, 2009, 17:21 CJ_Parker

lol@Quake3 engine

News Comments > SOE Cuts
10. Re: SOE Cuts Jul 18, 2009, 13:10 CJ_Parker

I was making a genuine request for help to confirm I calculated right. What's your problem?

Dude, lighten up. You gotta admit that it was a pretty fucking retarded question to ask given the fact that... a) as I said, the mathematical problem could easily be solved by elementary school students due to its complete lack of complexity and b) calculators are kinda common these days, ya know, and unless you're posting to Blue's from some seriously weird pure command line OS there is an excellent chance that your OS has a built-in calculator, too!
So the answer to your question was most likely just a couple mouse clicks and a few keystrokes away and certainly a lot less effort even than creating that post of yours. But hey we all have our little dumbass moments some time so iz no big deal. Don't worry about it, pal.

News Comments > SOE Cuts
3. Re: SOE Cuts Jul 17, 2009, 22:10 CJ_Parker

If my math is right 5% of 41 would mean they had 820 employees. So now they have 779. Can someone confirm?

Yeah, I can confirm that your math is right. Here. Have a cookie, son. I'm pretty damned proud of you that you mastered the 3rd grader's art of percentage calculation. Impressive!

News Comments > RAGE Teaser Site
15. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 17:31 CJ_Parker

HAHA CATFIGHT U SLUTS!!!11!

News Comments > Command & Conquer 4 Announced
11. Re: C&C4 Announced Jul 9, 2009, 18:37 CJ_Parker

Fuck you EA you fucking liars.

I give it 2 years before we see another iteration of this tired and overdone series.

Fuck you Sempai you stupid fuck. Read what they actually said... "bringing the [...] Tiberium series to an epic conclusion". The keyword here is Tiberium series.
Of course, they are not going to stop making C&C games. They are only going to stop making PC-exclusive C&C games within the context of the Tiberium series or universe.
But you bet your ass that they have very detailed plans to bring the next C&C generation to consoles and probably not just stratgey games but also new console-centric action games like Renegade and stuff like that.

PC-exclusive C&C in the Tiberium universe is over though. They're not lying about that at all.

News Comments > Free The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
9. Re: Free The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfal Jul 9, 2009, 18:20 CJ_Parker

Bugginess aside, Daggerfall is in my top 5 list of all-time favorite games

That's like saying "Fugliness aside, Roseanne Barr is in my top 5 list of all-time hottest chicks I've ever seen".

Dude, get real. Daggerfall is one big bug. It's a big, fat, retarded bug in and of itself. It's easily among the five worst games I have ever had the misfortune of playing. I wouldn't touch this free download with a 10ft pole. It's a complete waste of bandwidth.

1447 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo