Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1655 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Gabe Newell on Valve Hardware and Owning Steam Games
16. Re: Gabe Newell on Valve Hardware and Owning Steam Games Feb 20, 2012, 12:39 CJ_Parker

If you’re not making your customers happy you’re doing something stupid and we certainly always want to make our customers happy. And I think we have a track record of having done that.

Gawd... could ya please remove your tongue from my ass, Gabe? OK. Thank you very much, Sir...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CD Projekt RED on Their New Engine
13. Re: CD Projekt RED on Their New Engine Feb 19, 2012, 11:07 CJ_Parker

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 19, 2012, 04:23:
ROFL someone wrote that xbox 360 at some point had a "lead" on high end PC, that made my day laughing.

Why does the truth make you laugh? It took the nVidia 8800 GTX to really catch up with the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 was launched in November 2005. The 8800 GTX was released in November 2006.
High end PCs prior to the awesome 8800 series from nVidia got their butt kicked by the Xbox 360, especially on a price/performance level because a single high end GPU would cost a lot more than a Xbox 360 unit back then.

But keep right on laughing. Not my fault you were four years old in 2005 and can't remember shit right...

News Comments > CD Projekt RED on Their New Engine
10. Re: CD Projekt RED on Their New Engine Feb 18, 2012, 21:08 CJ_Parker

Raptor wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 13:38:
Basically what theyarecomingforyou said, so I wouldn't find it that laughable that you can estimate that next gen consoles will have about the same performance that current gen PC's with top specs.

The Xbox 360 had a lead of about a year over back then highend PCs. The same will probably be true for the next gen of consoles. They will most likely kick current high end PC ass and it will take a while until the PC manages to catch up.

This is indeed great news for PC's in general because consoles have been greatly limiting progress.
Being able to develop your next game engines without having to worry about console limitations is a great thing.

Yeah and the best part is if we as PC gamers are going to have to go through the same crap again as every new console cycle with timed console exclusives and shitty performance of the first crop of "next gen" titles and all of that fun stuff that goes along with it .
Seriously though as much as I guess we'd all like to see some advances and games taking advantage of our precious PC specs we should not forget that there is a rather hefty price to pay for this.

News Comments > On Mass Effect 3 DRM
46. Re: On Mass Effect 3 DRM Feb 18, 2012, 12:18 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 11:37:
Tony!!! wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 10:49:
Christ. What a bunch of Whinny little bitches crying over a NOTHING Issue!
EA trying to subvert the industry by boycotting the largest digital distribution service is a "NOTHING Issue"? What the hell do you class as serious? If it wasn't for Steam then EA would never have allowed you to redownload your games, nor would the Origin client even exist.

You might not care but some of us reject EA's attempt to undermine Valve. Businesses should compete upon merit, not by screwing over the competition. Virtually everything in the Origin store is dramatically overpriced and reduced competition is certainly not going to do anything to change that.

Fuck EA.

Factually wrong on all kinds of levels, Mr. Valve Fanboi No. 1 . It was Valve who kicked EA from Steam and not EA leaving or let alone "boycotting" Steam. "Boycotting"... -> LULZ. What a bunch of bullshit!
Fact is EA wanted to sell some extra stuff for their games outside of Steam. Steam said "no you can't" and showed EA the door. If Valve wouldn't be such tight assholes with control freak mania who want to control what exactly happens with any and every game they are offering on Steam then EA would still be on Steam.

It's also beyond schizophrenic that you don't want anyone to compete with Steam but yet seem to be of the opinion that more competition is good. Or is the only good competition only small competition that does not "undermine" the holy site that Steam seems to be for you?
If you really think that competition is good then you should embrace Origin. If Origin is really as terrible as you make it out to be then the market will sort it out because Origin will fail if it isn't competitive. Simple economics 101. Supply and demand. It's that simple really.
At least for objective people like me who aren't up to their neck in Gabe's fat ass, trembling in our little corner that the holy Empire that is Valve might actually finally have to deal with serious competition for once. Oh noes! We can't have that now, can we?

News Comments > LEGO Star Wars Deal Renewed
7. Re: LEGO Star Wars Deal Renewed Feb 13, 2012, 19:33 CJ_Parker

Renew the XWing deal or fuck off!!!  

News Comments > Activision; Stems WoW Losses; Diablo III Slips
26. Re: Activision; Stems WoW Losses; Diablo III Slips Feb 10, 2012, 14:00 CJ_Parker

Dev wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 12:44:
Yeah... its a complete coincidence that they started to become more focused on money than customers at that time. That they started doing things like removing LAN play from starcraft 2. Making diablo 3 online only. Putting in real money auction house in D3. I'm not even touching on all the things they did in WoW to get more money.

Seriously. Are you retarded? The very existence of Diablo, Warcraft and especially WoW is proof that Blizz was always in it for the MONEY and the MONEY first and foremost. They took popular genres like RPG, RTS and MMORPG and casualized the living fuck out of them in order to -guess what- make FUCKTONS of MONEY.
And if you want to actually read up on some FACTS instead of spewing more BULLSHIT about how the Blizz and Activision connection is working then you might wanna check this:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/interview-blizzard-2

Remember, this is the company that used to sell warcraft and starcraft that let you play multiple players on a lan with just 1 cd. They WANTED people to share the game with others back then.

Bullshit. If they really wanted that they wouldn't even have had a CD check in the first place. But they did. It's why you needed one CD that everyone needed to have in their drive when launching the game for the first time. So why did they have a check if they wanted people to share? See. Bull-fucking-shit.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition Feb 8, 2012, 02:28 CJ_Parker

Alamar wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 23:44:
Techie714 © wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 23:10:
WOOT!!!

And about time... now I only have to wait for it to be on (a steam) sale for $15 : )

-Alamar

Same here. Though I'm aiming even lower. I'll bite at $4.99.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront III Outed?
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 02:26 CJ_Parker

DangerDog wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 02:20:
third-person?

third-person

Stab die console scum

Might have more to do with 3rd person being more suitable for lightsaber combat than with consoles, DummyDawg.

News Comments > Thief 2 on GOG.com
7. Re: Thief 2 on GOG.com Feb 8, 2012, 02:23 CJ_Parker

lol@$9.99

This game should be $4.99 MAX

News Comments > Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives
52. Re: Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives Feb 3, 2012, 15:19 CJ_Parker

Verno wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 12:52:
... and as digital distribution has proven, it can be overcome on the PC platform.

Most ridiculous quote of this still young year so don't get too proud of yourself just yet. What's next? You gonna claim that Steam saved the whales? Come on. Don't be shy. You know you want to cough up another knee-slapper.

News Comments > Ubisoft Online Disruption
52. Re: Ubisoft Online Disruption Feb 3, 2012, 14:30 CJ_Parker

avianflu wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 14:02:
CJ the UBI post states that some games including HOMMVI are "unplayable" (Ubi's wording) during the transition, including single player.

unless you see more info on that link than I do?

That's not the point. The point is that the brainless knee-jerk criticism in this thread was directed against Ubi's always-on DRM. Most (all?) of the titles (it is limited to only three PC and three MAC games anyway) that will not be playable during the transition do not require a persistent online connection á la Ubi always-on DRM in the first place so them not being available obviously has nothing to do with any always-on requirements. It's also retarded to pretend to be outraged when the vast majority of Ubi games including titles that at least had an always-on requirement in the past will in fact be perfectly playable in offline mode during the transition period.

News Comments > Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives
50. Re: Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives Feb 3, 2012, 10:58 CJ_Parker

This is game dev no. 1658 (yeah I've kept score, alright) telling us that piracy is a huge problem for PC game development and yet the usual Blue's News know-it-all-and-then-some brigade calls BS on what the guy has to say because y'all naturally have much more insight than those 1658 devs complaining about PC piracy. Right.

By denying that PC piracy is a huge issue you are only contributing to the problem but who am I kidding. Most of you don't buy your games anyway as evidenced in numerous postings on here where people openly confess to or boast about freeloading so the majority of you is just in a state of self-denial. Oh well. Whatever gets ya through the day I guess... carry on.

News Comments > Ubisoft Online Disruption
48. Re: Ubisoft Online Disruption Feb 3, 2012, 10:45 CJ_Parker

mlw wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 20:39:
Who is the more foolish? Ubisoft, or the Fools who buy their DRM laden software?

The most foolish ones are the brainless muppets with dyslexia like yourself who didn't even bother to read the announcement. Because anyone who followed the link posted in the news would know that Ubi DRM is not even affected by this downtime with the exception of new registrations which will not be possible during this time. Anyone and everyone who has already connected to the Ubi servers at least once will be able to keep playing their games during the downtime.

But keep on fighting the good fight, people! Brain off, feet on. Forward - march...

News Comments > EA Financials
41. Re: EA Financials Feb 3, 2012, 10:34 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 10:49:
PC up 110% (what's that?)

I really hope that wasn't a serious question because the answer is already given in the bullet point list of this newsbit. It's BF3 and TOR being released in the same quarter. That's why the PC revenue seems to have exploded. If you look at the gross numbers it's still a really sad story for the PC though with only a little over $400 million vs. over $1 billion revenue on the consoles. So even with the 110% increase on the PC side due to a couple very strong PC releases, the consoles are still outperforming the PC by a factor of 2.5x. Once business on the PC is back to normal, we'll once again see the consoles outperform the PC by a factor of between 5x and 6x.

News Comments > EA Financials
28. Re: EA Financials Feb 2, 2012, 09:26 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 23:45:
In regards to origin, remember people were required to activate an account to play any game, SWtOR as well. This doesn't mean all those 9 million bought games.

As usual you did obviously not bother to do any research but just decided to spout some random bullshit. You're in good company though since you do not seem to be the only parrot in the house who repeats the dumb crap that Origin is required for TOR. It is not. You only need Origin if you buy TOR from Origin (d'oh) but if you buy retail or from any other source Origin is not required. At all. Capisce? Good.

In some of the star wars threads people were predicting EA's failure if star wars failed. I contended that EA is big enough that that wouldn't kill it, and it seems I was right. BF3 and FIFA 12 more than made up enough to overcome any star wars problems.

Yeah, you're awesome, dude! You're like the smartest cookie in the universe with a bit of Nostradamus mixed in for good measure!
I mean who would have thought that EA would actually not bet the whole company on the fate of one single game? It clearly took a genius like yourself to figure that out, didn't it?
OK, I may be a bit harsh on you. The real hard case tards are the ones who predicted EA's demise if TOR failed which was about as dumbfuck-ish as it gets.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2012, 09:40.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha
19. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 29, 2012, 04:32 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 23:03:
I never understood the draw of these sorts of games. The desperation of the lonely geeks drawn to virtual big titted sluts is just beyond sad.

The only thing that is really beyond sad is non-virtual chicken-chested micro penis owners like yourself who have zero understanding of what makes the real appeal of some games.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 22, 2012, 19:17 CJ_Parker

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jan 22, 2012, 18:08:
I love how that article tries to surmise how this drop is showing the death of the PC and that tablets are taking over, even though it also touches on how this report is about a drop in an area that's currently in a massive recession.

Uhh.. what "massive" recession? The report is talking about 2011. Europe displayed solid growth in early 2011 which cooled down a little later in the year but there was still growth.
It was only in November (when 2011 was all but over) that the OECD warned that the growth might slow down even more or possibly even spiral downwards into a recession going forward into 2012.
There was certainly no such thing as a massive recession in 2011 and whether there will be a recession at all in 2012 -let alone a "massive" one- remains to be seen.

So the causes of the drops are certainly not as obvious as you believe and I'd say that PC World is definitely correct in stating that the PC decline has lots to do with the massively growing popularity of smartphones and tablets. People are abandoning laptops and desktop PCs left, right and center because they just don't really need them anymore. I live in Europe. I know (it all... haha.. ).

News Comments > Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs
13. Re: Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs Jan 21, 2012, 08:06 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Jan 21, 2012, 04:12:
"This does not bode well, for it confirms my darkest fears." You don't have to be Cain to see that Diablo III is in deep trouble. Is this the result of Activision taking over?

This ain't Activision. If it were Activision Diablo 3 would have been long finished (or cancelled) by now and Blizz would be working on Diablo 7 or something while another team would be working on Diablo 8 already so they could maintain a yearly schedule.

Nope. Some of you clowns need to get this idea out of your head that Blizzard is or was this small, cozy dev house that was only in it for da people and not for da moneh. Bullshit.
Blizzard has not been a privately held company since long before the Activision merger. They were a part of Vivendi back then and a part of some rather unknown investment firm before that. Blizzard has not been an independent entity for most of its existence and they have always been in it for the business side of things as well. They bathe in money and they have always loved the smell of it, Activison or not. Let's stop the retarded glorification.

With that said, they do seem to have issues but those lie with Blizz themselves as far as I can tell. I think they just need to grow balls and stick with some of the decisions they make and actually release a goddamn product at some time. This whole Diablo 3 bullshit reminds me of Guns'n'Roses Chinese Democracy in a way where the record was "reiterated" a zillion times. This was all due to Axl "Crackhead" Rose though and not Geffen Records or any other publishing entity.

What Blizzard really need to do is Blizzard need to free themselves of the shackles of perfection and allow themselves to be as imperfect as everything else in this world is.

News Comments > The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer
42. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 17:24 CJ_Parker

What a bunch of assholes. They also disable forum posting for maintenance periods when the servers are down. They can shove their parenting attitude where the sun don't shine. I'm not going to pay to be patronized. Fuck you, BioWhore!

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Preorder Bonuses
12. Re: Max Payne 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 17, 2012, 09:04 CJ_Parker

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 07:33:
This is a definite wait and see game.....

Yeah. Wait and see it phail .

1655 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo