Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1575 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > I Am Alive PC Follow-up
24. Re: I Am Alive PC Follow-up Nov 24, 2011, 17:50 CJ_Parker

Yeah you guys are mentioning just another major problem which is people buying games in Steam sales for $4.99 after they have played the pirated version on, before or just after a game's release. Then they consider that dirt cheap sale washing themselves clean while in reality the dirty deed's been long done. Publishers and developers depend on full price sales to be able to survive. Don't try to justify your thieving by pirating now and buying later. There is no justification for stealing. Just none.

And Steam is certainly not cheaper (Steam prices are a rip-off compared to retail in most cases and compared to "free", well, there is no comparison... free is free which is as cheap as it gets), nor is it easier than piracy. I don't know what piracy you guys are talking about but I'm talking about the download cracked image and mount via DT kind of piracy which takes less than a handful of mouse clicks and is so easily done you could train a monkey to do it. On the other hand: Try training a monkey to enter account credentials or credit card details. Good luck with that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: I Am Alive PC Follow-up Nov 24, 2011, 16:57 CJ_Parker

Kastagir wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 16:34:
On a side note, I sincerely hope these developers that have become so focused on the 360 and PS3 are severely taken aback when the new crop of console hardware shows up next holiday season. The developers that haven't neglected the PC market because they recognize the importance of customer loyalty and good game design (and the ever important link between the two) will be creating some of the first successful titles on the new hardware while people like Ubisoft will still be trying to shove their (then 8-year-old) console-based garbage down our throats, complete with draconian DRM and accusations of piracy. I'm not a console player - I loathe them. But I remember how bad some early 360 titles were because developers didn't know what they were doing.

It is quite incredible how clueless some people are. I don't even know where to begin clearing up this mess but let me start by saying that no major console maker will launch their new console out of thin air with little or no support of high profile titles. Just not gonna happen. Long before the new gen of consoles is even announced Sony and MS will be shipping so called dev kits to the big studios out there so they can begin producing games for the platforms. The console makers will strive to get as many platform exclusives (= system sellers) as possible while the publishers will gladly accept the exclusivity fees. So much for your "PC is getting awesome games" pipe dreams, my friend.
Actually with the even higher production costs of the next gen of console games I'm seeing a very substantial risk for future PC game development. I am fully expecting a rise in console-focused development and marketing and the opposite on the PC. PC gaming might only barely survive the X720/PS4 era. The generation after that might outright kill everything but indie PC games.

Anyway, what will really happen once the new gen of consoles is here is that the new consoles will be getting all of everyone's attention for the first few years into the new console era. There will be the usual exclusives with majorly delayed PC releases (if at all), shitty ports because publishers can not be bothered to cough up the cash for a niche market and all sorts of shit that will annoy PC gamers to the point they'll just buy a console. Which is exactly what Sony and MS want you to do so all is good in the end. For them at least. And maybe even for you. Console gaming can actually be fun and decent with the PC elitist glasses off.

19. Re: I Am Alive PC Follow-up Nov 24, 2011, 16:40 CJ_Parker

Kajetan wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 16:32:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 16:25:
... rubbish ...
I laughed at the end, i really laughed

Laughing at one's own self-denial is typical for thieving psychopaths. No need to worry. You are a typical case.

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
29. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 24, 2011, 16:37 CJ_Parker

Verno wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 16:12:
Single player games are dead, who is going to buy those when they could pirate them? Just look at Skyrim...oh wait a second.

Just because Skyrim is selling well doesn't mean it isn't equally getting pirated billion-fold. And I'm sure that Beth isn't exactly happy about that development, in spite of the success of the franchise.

16. Re: I Am Alive PC Follow-up Nov 24, 2011, 16:25 CJ_Parker

gilly775 wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 15:33:
I wonder what excuse Ubisoft will use when they become Console-exclusive and all of their crap gets pirated.

Whaddya mean "become"? They already are de facto extremely close to being a console exclusive publisher. Only about 7% of Ubi's sales still happen on the PC. The rest of the party takes place on consoles and handheld devices.

It's funny though how in every thread a lot of you keep denying that PC piracy is a huge problem when we have industry insiders with access to sales data and statistics telling us the exact opposite all of the frickin' time.
From indies to AAA publishers, we are seeing comments in the dozens, if not hundreds recently, that PC piracy has gotten out of hand and that it is hurting the business of any company that is attempting to do business on the PC platform.

I'm finding it very curious why so many people on here at Blue's News and other places always scream LIES!!11 at these reports.
But then again this is also the place where everyone is openly talking about try-before-you-buy stealing or just outright entitlement to steal because [fill in a lame justification for thieving].
So I'm guessing that in the end it is just self-denial. A lot of you just don't want to realize or accept that you are a major part of a major problem. That's fine. But please stop whining about the demise of PC gaming when you are helping dig the grave at the rate of a bucket-wheel excavator.

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
24. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 24, 2011, 15:57 CJ_Parker

the_culture wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 15:22:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33
4GB RAM
Radeon 470 512MB
W7 64-bit

Wots a "Radeon 470"? You mean a 4750, right? As for upgrading you need to replace everything but the main priority should be a decent mobo (Asus P8-something/Asrock equivalent) and a gamer quad core CPU like the i5-2500K which you will then want to overclock to run at 4+GHz. Asus boards ship with automatic overclocking capabilities and tools so as long as you have sufficient air cooling then 4+GHz is very easily achieved.
Next you should definitely upgrade your GPU to something like a GeForce 560/560Ti.
Then while RAM is as dirt cheap as it is nowadays get a nice 8GB kit. Like Corsair Vengeance PC-1600 with 8-8-8-24 timings at 1.5V. Amazing high performance memory with a lifetime warranty and very affordable at the moment.

That ought to be your upgrade path for the next couple of months. ATI and nVidia will be launching their 7xxx/6xx series early next year which is just a few weeks from now so you might maybe even want to wait for ATI's 7850 or nVidia's 660Ti/670 before upgrading your GPU.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim New LAA Workaround
25. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim New LAA Workaround Nov 22, 2011, 18:17 CJ_Parker

What's illegal in most Western countries is the act of circumventing the copy protection. That means that downloading a cracked EXE may be legal. But installing and using it is illegal. That's how it usually goes, although legislation (or rather jurisdiction) might differ from one country to another.

News Comments > 1M CoD Elite Premium Subscribers
20. Re: 1M CoD Elite Premium Subscribers Nov 22, 2011, 16:06 CJ_Parker

Haha I love how this proves wrong all the dumbfucks who were declaring this an "epic phail" before it even started.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works
30. removed Nov 22, 2011, 03:03 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 22, 2011, 10:03.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works
15. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works Nov 21, 2011, 23:01 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 22:50:
Its highly unlikely steam would wrap/change the exe of a game without the game developer/publisher actually requesting it to be so.

No it isn't "highly unlikely". Get a clue before spouting more bullshit. Every executable and every patch needs to be modified by Valve to work with Steam so if Valve fucked up the original TESV.exe for some reason then they would absolutely (maybe even be required to) fix it all by themselves. I don't think that Beth was involved in this patch. Smells 100% like a Valve stunt in this case.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Anno 2070
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Anno 2070 Nov 18, 2011, 09:49 CJ_Parker

Pachter is an idiot. Ubi reveals their sales by platform in their regular financial statements and nowhere is there a 90% decline in PC sales. What a load of bullshit. You don't need to be a self acclaimed expert like Pachter. You just need Google to find out that Pachter is full of shit. Ubi also has at least one very strong PC franchise (the Anno series) so their PC sales are naturally fluctuating quite a bit depending on whether they have an Anno release in a certain quarter or financial year or whatever timeframe it is they are basing their numbers on.

Check here: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/12/idUS211323+12-May-2011+HUG20110512

We can see that their PC sales declined in the 12 months period in 2009/2010 from 8% to 4% in 2010/2011. Is that 90%? Yes/no/maybe, Mr. Pachter? Well, and guess when Anno 1404 was released? Right. In 2009. It is much much much more likely that their sales were influenced by the actual product they had on shelves than any other completely negligible factors like what DRM they employed.

Nice try by the pirates of this planet to always pull up this story to support their freeloading cause. It's also funny how Pachter is an idiot to them 99.9% of the time but when this quote of his is concerned he is all of a sudden an expert with inside knowledge.

News Comments > Vivendi Sells Activision Stock
2. Re: Vivendi Sells Activision Stock Nov 15, 2011, 22:22 CJ_Parker

Nah they're smart. Even they can see that the pandas are poo.

News Comments > Skyrim Soars
62. removed Nov 12, 2011, 15:45 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 13, 2011, 12:05.

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
125. removed Nov 12, 2011, 00:01 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 13, 2011, 12:04.

News Comments > GOG.com: "Your customers hate DRM"
24. Re: GOG.com: Nov 11, 2011, 21:55 CJ_Parker

shponglefan wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 17:24:
So therefore most of their customers are willing to put up with DRM... seems to negate their argument.

I'm 100% sure that if you asked around then you'd find out very quickly that the average gamer Joe does...

a) ... not give a shit if a game uses DRM
b) ... even less of a shit what type of DRM is being used
c) ... not even know or realize that Steam is DRM

I'm also sure that a very sizable portion of average gamer Joes prolly doesn't even know what "DRM" really is or what the acronym even stands for in the first place.

But what Mr. Average Gamer Joe does know very well is where to find and download free games because Mr. Average Gamer Joe has an average income and expensive hobbies like a girlfriend. When given the choice whether to spend $60 on a game or $60 on a dinner with Mrs. Average Gamer Jane then Mr. Average Gamer Joe will save his money by grabbing a warez copy of the games he likes to be able to afford keeping the missus happy.

It would be foolish to believe that people pirate to take a stance or to make a statement. In the vast majority of cases I'm sure that piracy is simply a lifestyle choice. Many people simply choose to play their games for free because free games are so easily and readily available.

I'm finding it outright crazy if I see people (usually the ones who justify and advocate piracy) on this site claiming that piracy does not mean lost sales. You have to be blind, deaf and dumb to seriously believe that shit. Piracy is hurting PC gaming like mad and anyone denying this fact is just adding nails to the coffin Black & Decker style.

News Comments > Steam Forum Downtime Follow-up; Steam Also Breached
67. removed Nov 11, 2011, 05:36 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 13, 2011, 12:04.

News Comments > Steam Forum Downtime Follow-up; Steam Also Breached
54. Re: Waiting to warn is irresponsible. Nov 10, 2011, 21:40 CJ_Parker

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 21:29:
Please don't expect such poppycock from Valve. They have shown enough respect for the gamer community in the past to not assume this is the case so blindly, and I for one will give them the benefit of the doubt they deserve here.

Say what? Granted... things have improved a lot and Steam has come a long way but let's not forget the very past you mentioned. And in that regard what do you mean with "respect"? You mean "respect" as in forcing a sluggish, buggy, unstable, unresponsive, plain fucking annoying, intrusive piece of shit client down our collective throats? Yeah. That's some really great 'spect they showed us right there. I'm still in awe. No, really. I am .

News Comments > Krater Announced
1. Re: Krater Announced Nov 4, 2011, 05:34 CJ_Parker

This looks like what happens if you allow drunk Swedes to develop a game...

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Improvements
31. Re: Battlefield 3 Improvements Nov 4, 2011, 05:32 CJ_Parker

I would like to thank BF3 for helping me remember what a BSOD looks like. This is the first BSOD I have seen on my system in ages so it's quite an accomplishment by DICE to make otherwise 100% rock stable systems crash when playing their fucked up game. Gratz on that one, guys. Keep rockin'...

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 (MechWarrior Online?) in Summer 2012
3. Re: MechWarrior 5 in Summer 2012 Oct 31, 2011, 16:28 CJ_Parker

It says "MechWarrior Online" on the pic so is this going to be an MMO or wot?!?

1575 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo