Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1326 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins
54. Re: No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins May 6, 2009, 08:49 CJ_Parker

Not only are half the things you post as factual (like Activision's controling interest in the Vivendi merger that isn't correct) wrong

Learn to read, dimwit. I don't think I ever said "controlling interest". I think I said "dominant partner" and I got that from here (http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16458) which is one of the most reputable resources for the business side of the video gaming world. I fully well know that Vivendi has the majority in stocks (52% if I recall correctly). Activision is still regarded as the dominant partner, however, since they got to appoint the CEO of the merged company.

For the record that makes CJ 2 - You 0

What is this the 50's witchhunt? George Orwell's 1984? Get some education or drop the clueless innuendo, how the hell do you pull something like that out of your ass and ever expect to be taken seriously again???

Dude, with a sig like mine I don't think I'm exactly in the business of being taken seriously in general . Besides I just thought that this other dude was a bit clueless about the business side of things. OK. Fine. "Anti-corporate commie cunt" mighta been a bit harsh but as a troll you gotta do what a troll gotta to do, ya know?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

50. Re: No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins May 5, 2009, 22:28 CJ_Parker

CJ, there's an actual link to a JR conference call where he says its partly due to adding to their quarterly financials.

Again... where? Link? If you google for Dragon Age's delay and JR the only thing that comes up is a conference call with investors where JR stated exactly what Derek "Crush" French from BW posted earlier in this thread (check here: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57070 ).

Why anyone would bother to make something like that up is just silly.

Well, there's a lot of silly and retarded people in the world and wherever you got your info from there's plenty of both.

I realize your whole meaning in life is to troll Blue's, though you should know what you're talking about while trolling, other wise you just come off as a moron.

Unlike you I have been able to prove my point with a link to what JR actually said while you insist on him saying something completely retarded that he most certainly never ever said to anyone. Anyone with half a brain and the slightest bit of an idea of how businesses work and operate would know that what you claim he said is beyond retarded.

Having read a little of your posting history I'm actually convinced you're an idiot anyway

Why? Because I keep exposing dumbass pot-smoking anti-corporate commie cunt liars like yourself who make up stuff that suits their agenda time and again? Fine. If that makes me an idiot I'm pretty damned proud of it, son. In this case at least I'm an idiot with a clue and with proof that your claims are all made up BS.

News Comments > EA Financial Results
4. Re: EA Financial Results May 5, 2009, 22:09 CJ_Parker

ITS ONLI BECUZ OF TEH SECUROMZZZZ!!!!!11111  

38. Re: No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins May 5, 2009, 11:41 CJ_Parker

http://daforums.bioware.com/myviewtopic.html?topic=666477&forum=135

Feel free to search thru this thread as its linked in there, I'm not about to go through some 100 pages to find it for you.

Ah OK. So you're saying that the EA boss has posted on the DA forums to say that they delayed the game for higher quarterly earnings in Q4/2009? Now that's very likely. Not.
Or are you saying that some other random anti-corporate dumbass like yourself has posted to the thread making up bullshit about what the EA boss never said? Aaaahhh. B-I-N-G-O.

Their other reason was to save money and market both the PC and 360 versions at the same time.

Yes, Sir. That was the main reason according to BioWare's Derek French who posted this info in this very thread. No need to play the parrot here. We can read, y'know.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2009, 11:43.

29. Re: No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins May 5, 2009, 06:37 CJ_Parker

Except that EA boss specifically said the delay was to bolster EA's quarterly financials.

Yeah, right. Quote?
I'm much more inclined to believe inside people like Crush than some random dumbass like you until you can provide a link to a quote.

News Comments > Anno 1404 Delay
9. Re: Anno 1404 Delay Apr 29, 2009, 09:50 CJ_Parker

Slippery Jim is right. You are full of shit, theyarecomingforyou. There have been MAJOR protests (check this one out for starters - people actually went to Ubi German HQ to rally against the poor support of several games: http://ubi.spiderfighter.de/) against UbiSoft's support policies. They always release buggy games and then patches take forever to come out or are never released.
I also have to wonder about your very low standards. Games like the Ghost Recon games or Vegas 1 + 2 should be performing much better than they do. They sport rather poor performance in comparison to their visual quality. They should be looking much better for how poorly they perform.
All of this shit luckily doesn't affect me anymore since I have long stopped buying Ubi games at full price. I only buy Ubi games from the bargain bin or from GOG these days. With the latest patches most of their games are at least playable which is just about all you can hope for with a Ubi game.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 25, 2009, 19:12 CJ_Parker

I was planning on keeping XP on my desktop, mostly for older games, and 7 on my laptop, but now I think I'll just switch both to 7.

Dude, plan again. Unless Microsoft has somehow found a way to squeeze a couple magnitudes more of CPU power out of their virtualization solution for XPM there's no way that you are going to be able to run any 3D games at a reasonable performance level.
Now if with "older games" you meant some really, really, really old shit that uses only a software renderer and no hardware 3D rendering or DirectX then I ain't said nothin'. That might work out.
But you can right now very safely forget about anything "real" 3D using DirectX unless you're into slideshows. XPM is definitely a corporate feature, not a gamer feature.

News Comments > BioWare on Storytelling
3. Re: BioWare on Storytelling Apr 22, 2009, 18:12 CJ_Parker

Can’t argue with that! They’ve been writing cheap melodramas for 14 year old megalomaniacs since 2001.

I think you're giving them too much credit with the 14 year old part (try 6 year old next time) and there shoulda been more profanity to emphasize your point but overall you hit the nail on the head. To this very day I still just can't believe that the shallow, generic SHIT that BioWare keeps dumping on top of us is referred to as the pinnacle of story-telling in video games. BioWare games and I mean all of them are generic, boring, predictable (in the saw it coming from one billion lightyears category way), retarded emo pieces of shit.
But as always there's the million flies problem who are attracted to just this shit. It's kinda sad that people don't die from bad taste. That would solve a helluva fucking lot of probs at once *sigh* .

News Comments > Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Q&A
4. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Q&A Apr 22, 2009, 06:09 CJ_Parker

The stealth bits were completely optional with one exception. You could not steal the saddle from that old farmer without using some stealth to get inside the house. That part took all of five minutes max if you didn't rush shit. All other so called "stealth" levels were completely and totally optional. I for one killed every single fucking Apache instead of sneaking around the fuckers (too time consuming).
So this game had 5 minutes of required sneaking out of 20 or so total hours. Anyone who complains about those five minutes is a retard and needs to learn how to play games, you know, like, explore other options and radical shit like that. Srsly.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Revealed
26. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Revealed Apr 20, 2009, 14:52 CJ_Parker

Someone mentioned earlier that because of the scale of FO3, there's a lot of room for forgiveness. I'm sorry, but no way. This is Bethesda's third open-world game and they are still extremely buggy.

Listen up, retard. I know this counting stuff on one hand is some really tough shit for you but it's actually at least their fourth open world game (Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3). 'At least' because I have no idea about Arena. I can't remember if that one was open world as well. If so then FO3 is their fifth obviously.
Secondly, to call Bethesda's latest "extremely buggy" games just proves that you have not played any of the games. Daggerfall was a buggy mess. Yes. But Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3 (excluding the DLC for the latter) were nearly flawless releases. That's a fact.

Wasn't there a community patch for Oblivion that fixed over a 1000 bugs!?

Yeah. But 99.684% of those "bugs" were just spelling mistakes and very minor cosmetic issues. There are dozens upon dozens of fan-made patches that sport a similarly incredible number of "bug" fixes. That's because of the spelling and the cosmetic stuff. Fans are like that. They like to fix every little thing. It doesn't surprise me all that much though that a simpleton like you is easily blinded by the BIG numbers. "OMG 1000!!!!!!1111 buuuuuugggggzzzzzzzz!!!!11"

Now STFU and weep. Dumbfuck.

I wonder if the hate that Bethesda got from day 1 will turn into unconditional love now just because Chris Avellone is involved.

No, it won't. Anything and everything that goes wrong even by the slightest of margins is going to be blamed on Bethesda because Bethesda "forced" Obsidian to do this or that. The hate for Bethesda is going to get even worse because knowing Obsidian the game will be very buggy but it will all be Bethesda's fault, of course. A stupid design decision? Bethesda's fault. Poorly balanced content? Bethesda's fault. And so on and so on ad infinitum...

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2009, 14:58.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Apr 15, 2009, 07:04 CJ_Parker

So far the gaming industry seems unafected by the recent global economy crisis.

That is actually not quite true. There are several mid-sized publishers that are struggling for survival or like Midway and THQ have gone bankrupt in recent months. Their insolvency can not solely be blamed on the global economy crisis, of course, but the issues that they did already have at the time the crisis went into effect escalated and tipped them over the edge.

The main problem of this economy crisis is that the banks are affected majorly. That's why banks are more hesitant than ever to lend anyone money. This is especially true for high risk sectors like the gaming industry. Banks will think more than twice right now before handing out loans to video game publishers. And banks that are in dire need of assets or liquidity will cancel long term loans and demand their money back short term.
That's what can, has, and will break the necks of some companies out there. Even an increase in sales can not make up for that. If you have no liquidity due to being cut off from further loans then it's literally game over.

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Announcement
25. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Announcement Apr 14, 2009, 20:56 CJ_Parker

Yeah, I can see how it must be extremely fun to kick open doors and find terrified civilians hiding inside. Hell, lets just blow the place so we can make a new attack route. The civi's will respawn, right? Are the homes going to be vacant like in most FPS's? That's the only way to be accurate and realistic. I mean, you can't simply destroy a building if you aren't sure if there are civilians hiding inside, right?

Actually it's much more simple than that. In the real battle of Fallujah they just declared that any person left in the city after a certain point of time was to be considered as an insurgent. This meant that at least officially there were no civilians in Fallujah at the time of the offensive. Anyone who was still in the city was a terrorist by default, no matter if they were three years or ninety years old, male, female or whatever.
Then when the real insurgents started to fight back a little bit too hard for the taste of the US command they decided to just get it over with and ordered the city to be showered with white phosphorus which killed thousands of civilians and their homes. Oops. Insurgents and their hideouts I mean.

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Backlash
31. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Backlash Apr 8, 2009, 18:37 CJ_Parker

Even worse, it could end up in the hands of a fanatical young Muslim and incite him to consider some form of retaliation or retribution. He could use it to get worked up and want to really 'finish the game'

I can't believe how utterly retarded that asshole must be. There are literally thousands of young Muslims out there right now who have lost friends and family due to "collateral damage". You think those guys need a game to tip them over the edge? That should be the least of your worries, Mister Fucktard. They will come and "finish the game" one day but surely not because of a stupid video game.
And what about your precious girls and boys? Of course there is noooo way that any of your little angels who is serving their country would play this game and reenact some of their favorite killing scenarios, right? Of course not. After all the ragheads had it coming anyway, right?

What a dipshit. How about thinking of the other side for once. For every allied soldier there are literally hundreds of civilian casualties on the Muslim side. And he's worried that a Muslim kid might get worked up enough over a fucking stupid video game to practice retaliation? This guy has gotta be a clown or something. I'd actually laugh if this whole shit wouldn't be so sad.

News Comments > Blizzard's Fifth Project
15. Re: Not surprising at all Mar 27, 2009, 12:58 CJ_Parker

Since Blizzard is the cash cow along with IW for Activision Blizzard I belive that the days when we hade to wait years for another Blizzard title is long gone and since it is Blizzard I am all for quantity

Yup. It's not like they have been using the excessive schedules for anything groundbreaking or innovative anyway. Look at Diablo 3 and StarCraft 2. Same frickin' games as a decade ago just with better graphics. So what did we have to wait 10 years for again?
If they are only going to release slightly updated versions of their titles anyway then they might as well release them much more regularly. Though I would definitely still appreciate quality over quantity. Which should hopefully not be much of a problem given their man power.

12. Re: Blizzard's Fifth Project Mar 27, 2009, 12:39 CJ_Parker

All the previous comments about "Blizzard never let me down" are completely forgetting the fact that Blizzard isn't Blizzard any more. The buyout by Activision has changed them.

Blizzard wasn't Blizzard before either since they were owned by Vivendi Universal Games. Blizzard hasn't been Blizzard for about a decade (1998 or whenever they became a part of Vivendi). Companies evolve all the time. It would be plain retarded to attribute any seemingly changes in direction to the "buyout" (which BTW it was not - it was more of a real merger with Activision just being the dominant partner).

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2009, 12:40.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Retail Sales
15. Re: Left 4 Dead Retail Sales Mar 27, 2009, 12:28 CJ_Parker

On console the game is easier, it doesn't get as hectic and personally you cannot aim as fast so...

You got that right, kid. You can't. But I can.

8. Re: Same old IP's? Mar 27, 2009, 12:16 CJ_Parker

Blizzard have yet to publish a "bad" game, but why not complete the games in production before starting another project?

I'll tell ya why, kid. Look. When you go to the candy store around the corner to buy candy from Willy, then most of the time there's just Willy there in the shop, right?
But, you know, there are other stores out there -or companies rather- that have, like, a lot of Willies, you know? And all of these Willies do not necessarily have to sell the same candy or work on the same project either, understand? It's called a "team" when a lot of Willies are working on project A and a lot of other Willies are working on project B. Get it?

So we have a team A and a team B. And you know what, it gets even better. Sometimes the Willies on team A have totally different skills from the Willies on team B so you couldn't just merge the teams and have everyone work on either project A or project B all willy-nilly but, you know, it actually makes some real sense sometimes to keep the teams separated and to have them working on different stuff.

And here's another kicker, kid: Sometimes the teams aren't even physically in the same location. How wicked is that huh? Not only do we have a lot of Willies but they don't even all work at the same candy store. Sounds crazy, I know, but sometimes they just do crazy shit like that in the business world. Krrrraaaaahhhhhzzzzeee, I tells ya.

And now if you're a good boy, hey, maybe I'll show you my Willy some time...

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 More Like DX1
19. Re: Deus Ex 3 More Like DX1 Mar 26, 2009, 22:50 CJ_Parker

It's a game design decision, not a technical decision.

Yup. Of course. Silly me assuming that the amount of available system memory -which incidentally just might have gone up in the past eight years by a few megs here and there- might have something to do with the size of levels.
Or my poor memory that somehow reminds me of getting a loading screen (and a long one at that) every other street corner in the original Deus Ex (one of the few flaws of the game actually).

Dude, please. At least TRY to think shit through the next time. Gosh...

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 More Like DX1
9. Re: Deus Ex 3 More Like DX1 Mar 26, 2009, 19:12 CJ_Parker

He also says their environments will be larger than Deus Ex 2: "think Hong Kong in Deus Ex 1."

Nope. I'm not thinking "Hong Kong in Deus Ex 1", Monsieur. I'm thinking HOW can you possibly be fucking RETARDED enough to be PROUD of making your levels the SAME fucking size as a fucking EIGHT YEAR OLD game?!?

This is the ultimate proof that eating frogs is detrimental to one's mental health. Here, have another one Jean Francois but please leave Deus Ex the fuck alone, you cretin. kmercibeaucoup

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2009, 19:13.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Pitt
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Pitt Mar 24, 2009, 20:31 CJ_Parker

Oh look it's Crapman Parker...

Aaaahhhh yousa want da suck-y suck-y yeeeeesss??? Do youuuu?? Yeeeesss?

1326 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo