Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1655 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. removed Jun 10, 2012, 19:08 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 11, 2012, 08:05.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vivendi to Discuss Activision Sale?
23. Re: Vivendi to Discuss Activision Sale? Jun 8, 2012, 04:33 CJ_Parker

InBlack wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 04:15:
I like my simplistic clifest action RPGs thank you very much, please dont compare Diablo (any Diablo even this third one) to WoW. I find that it insults my intelligence.

Given that statement... uuhh... what intelligence?

21. Re: Vivendi to Discuss Activision Sale? Jun 8, 2012, 03:16 CJ_Parker

s1mon75 wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 02:37:
How is that deserving? Blizz has supported PC's since the beginning of time.

Calling the utter crap that Blizz keeps shitting out all over us PC gamers "support" was a good one. Thanks for the laugh.
Imagine a world without simplistic clickfest action RPGs (Diablo and clones) or without dumbass MMOs. Aaah yes. One can dream... *sigh*

18. Re: Vivendi to Discuss Activision Sale? Jun 8, 2012, 02:03 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 00:54:
... they could turn CoD into an Xbox-exclusive and force Blizzard to make Xbox exclusives too.

That would be a fate very deserving for Blizzard. Please let this come true...

News Comments > It Came from E3 2012, Part 4
12. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 13:46 CJ_Parker

Sheesh. People are so easily hyped these days. You throw them a two minute cinematic clip that may well be entirely scripted and all of a sudden it's all the shit.

Thanks to you guys Watch Dogs is an overrated piece of shit already.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2012, Part 3
1. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 3 Jun 6, 2012, 21:50 CJ_Parker

It's good to see that E3 is finally almost back to normal with scantily clad booth babes instead of all that pseudo-serious beard-stroking BS.  

News Comments > PC Future Soldier This Month
20. Re: PC Future Soldier This Month Jun 6, 2012, 18:56 CJ_Parker

Unless there is...

• Turned the game from a 3rd person into a 1st person shooter for the PC

• ... they can shove this right up their ass

News Comments > Sacrilegium Announced
    7. Re: Sacrilegium Announced Jun 6, 2012, 18:51 CJ_Parker

Vampires can fucking suck me... umm oh wait, maybe not!

News Comments > Linux Steam Client This Year?
    23. Re: Linux Steam Client This Year? Jun 6, 2012, 18:48 CJ_Parker

What the fuck would the fucking penguins need fucking Steam for? So they can have a paranoia seizure? Get a full tinfoil body suit instead of just a hat? What?

News Comments > WatchDogs Announced
    56. Re: WatchDogs Announced Jun 5, 2012, 20:05 CJ_Parker

Wildone wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 19:57:
    Betting this will never see the light of day. Or will be deeply consolized/sodomized by release. Mark my wordsssss

You mean even more consolized, right? Because with all the pointers, the controller friendly selection menu and all that stuff it already looks consolized as hell.

Not sure what the hype is about either. Looks like just another interactive movie. Big deal. Next.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Next Month
    41. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Support Coming Jun 5, 2012, 11:53 CJ_Parker

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 22:40:
    CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 17:40:
    The Half Elf wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 16:54:
    That's the problem, even if they player base surges, those who are higher then 15 (more like the 30-40 range like my character) are still in empty zones without enough people to do all the damn heroics that are filling up more then half of my quest journal.

Just phuck the heroics. They may yield decent XP but in the time spent looking for a group you will make 2x the amount of XP doing regular quests.

The thing is I REALLY do enjoy the content in TOR, and I really do want to experience all of it. The problem is when you have a limit of 25 quests, and 15 or more are Heroics, it's a problem.
    Same thing with the Task Forces. I would love to do The Jedi Prisoner, but getting people who want to do it on regular difficulty is damn near impossible.

I know. I last played TOR in January and even then it was really hard to find a group for the mid level heroics (Jedi Sentinel). People just didn't seem to be interested. I also ended up with lots of unfinished heroics from Tatooine and Alderaan in my journal and eventually deleted them all because some had turned grey in the meantime anyway.
    I think it's not just a case of server population but also a matter of the type of player this game is attracting. TOR seems to be attracting a lot of single players who are fine with just playing the game their way - single.
    For example, I've never seen MMO chat as dead as in TOR. Even when there were 60 people on a planet there was zero talk going on (unless it was Friday night and you had a couple of drunks spamming chat with nonsense).

Their group finder is coming way too late. Most people -the real MMO'ers- who wanted more than just a watered down KotOR 3 with an always online requirement have long moved on...

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans
    11. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 18:48 CJ_Parker

Oh! Only $49.99? Wow they might as well be giving this shit away for free! AWSUMM!!!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Next Month
    13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Support Coming Jun 4, 2012, 17:40 CJ_Parker

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 16:54:
    That's the problem, even if they player base surges, those who are higher then 15 (more like the 30-40 range like my character) are still in empty zones without enough people to do all the damn heroics that are filling up more then half of my quest journal.

Just phuck the heroics. They may yield decent XP but in the time spent looking for a group you will make 2x the amount of XP doing regular quests.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
    14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 4, 2012, 01:06 CJ_Parker

wrlwnd wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 00:59:
    I didn't even realize MP3 had shipped.

And looking over Blue'sNews I don't even see it listed as a story of note.

Weird.

Blind much?

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/132680/ships-ahoy-max-payne-3

News Comments > Ground Branch Kickstarter
    5. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 3, 2012, 16:58 CJ_Parker

Rogue Spear = teh r0XX0r

Wishing these guys the best of luck. Please let this be good...

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis Ends
    31. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis Ends May 30, 2012, 12:02 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on May 30, 2012, 10:26:
    I guess Crytek was seriously unhappy about their sales after EA forced them to boycott Steam?

Creston

Wow, you're retarded. After these news here at the very latest it should be more than obvious even to the biggest tards (except you apparently) that it was Valve who kicked Crysis from their Steam service instead of EA pulling Crysis from Steam. EA never wanted any of their games removed from Steam. It was Valve who forced them to pull Crysis off Steam for a violation of the TOS.

It's funny how a bunch of morons always thought that EA was the active party in this and that they did this to promote Origin when in reality EA was passive all the time and it was Valve that took action on an EA game.

But dumb people just want to see what fits their image of the world instead of the reality. Nothing new there. Have fun staying dumb and retarded if it makes life easier for you!

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
    95. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 18:48 CJ_Parker

ASeven wrote on May 23, 2012, 18:26:
    I wouldn't bet much on that for the next generation.

It doesn't matter how powerful the hardware of the next gen of consoles will be. What matters is how powerful the marketing push of Microsoft and Sony (and to a lesser extent Nintendo) will be.
    And you can bet your ass that the marketing push is going to be frickin' HUGE.

The cycle will start all over again. We will experience a period when the PC is effectively irrelevant. When all effort of the major gaming corps is going to focus on the shiny new next gen consoles. There'll be the usual bribes and exclusives. If we're lucky they'll be only timed exclusives but some major games will probably never come to the PC at all. There will be a lot of wailing and crying from PC gamers about how it's unfair that game X or franchise Y is not happening on the PC. We'll be getting lots of shitty ports months or even years after the games first appeared on the consoles.
    It won't be pretty for us PC gamers. We'll be the platform that all of a sudden no one cares about again until after a few years the next gen console hype has worn out and then some publishers will once again lie about their commitment to the PC and then that part of the cycle starts all over again, too, until the next-next gen is announced... and the cycle continues - ad infinitum (unless the actual end of offline PC gaming comes in between).

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Security
    35. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 23, 2012, 05:37 CJ_Parker

WaltC wrote on May 23, 2012, 03:46:
    I really would not think I'd have to spell it out for anybody these days, but if your D3 account has been hacked then *nobody broke into your home machine and got this information*--LoL--they get it all right from Blizzard's own servers! There's no way in hell they could get that kind of info from trying to hack individual systems in people's homes remotely! The idea is unbelievably dense and stupid, imo. People who have online D3 accounts with Blizzard and who are experiencing these hacked accounts should understand--your machine at home was not and is not now being hacked for that information! IE, *you* "didn't do it!" Hope this makes you feel better...;)

Jeez what a load of BS. You clearly have absolutely no clue what the fuck you are even talking about. The icing on the cake is that you come across as some wannabe high horse intelligent elite when in reality your post is one of the most retarded anti-factual write-ups to be witnessed on here in a long time. An amazing display of arrogance and stupidity. Well played, Sir.

Anyway, you may want to look up how trojan horses and keyloggers are used to hack "individual systems in people's homes". That's what the vast majority of these account hacks are like. Some dumbass downloads "diablo3infinitegold.exe" and contracts a keylogger either by directly downloading and installing the infected file or by means of a drive-by infection. Hacker then remotely receives account credentials. Hacker logs into victim's account using these credentials and does whatever they're after, i.e. steal gold or items, delete the character, whatever...

No one who is only after account credentials hacks Blizzard's (well protected, well monitored) servers directly. There may be hacker groups (like the infamous 'Anonymous') who have made it a sport to try to break into Blizzard's backbone or to disturb their services via (D)DOS attacks but the goal of these direct high level attacks is totally different from your regular small scale account theft.

Just about everything you wrote is therefore 100% bullshit.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts
    39. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts May 22, 2012, 20:16 CJ_Parker

ASeven wrote on May 22, 2012, 19:54:
    You are thinking in terms of revenue only. Remember that there are costs and with a MMORPG those costs tend to be huge, from paying personnel to paying the server structure, etc. I'm willing to bet that 60% to 80% of those revenues were eaten away by the fixed and variable costs.

I know but I'm sure that if we included the extra income that they have been making from the sale of retail and digital goods and service fees it would balance out.
    And I don't think the costs are that high. Let's get aggressive and assume 200 employees in total costing an average of US$ 5K each per head and month = US$ 1 million.
    Then there's ~200 servers and let us go crazy again and assume a rental fee or TCO of US$ 10K per server per month = US$ 2 million (I don't think it is anywhere near that high or they would have already merged servers if the costs were that high but anyway...).
    Then we're at ~US$ 3 million and remember we're making US$ 15 million from subs per month so we're only at about 20% for employees and server maintenance now which should be the largest chunks by far.
    Maybe if we add all of the other fixed and variable costs that every business needs to cover we'd be getting into the 30% - 40% range but I doubt that we'd ever get anywhere near 60% to 80%.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts
    27. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts May 22, 2012, 19:45 CJ_Parker

ASeven wrote on May 22, 2012, 19:30:
    Well, this is pretty much it. $300M down the drain with no significant ROI at all...

Wot? The game sold roughly two million copies.

- 2 million x US$ 40 (conservative ASP) = US$ 80 million
    - On average 1.5 million subs since release = 1.5 million x US$ 13 (conservative average sub price) = ~US$ 20 million per month x 6 = US$ 120 million

So we're already at around US$ 200 million just from game sales and subs alone (no merchandise, digital goods or anything else included). Subs are dropping slowly and they are now supposed to be around the 1.2 million mark. Let us assume another six months at an average of 1 million subs then that's another US$ 80 million for them and they might be making quite a bit of extra in case there is DLC or expansions released in the meantime.
    They'll get their ROI in due time. No game of this caliber will fully recoup the investment within a year's time. It will take a little longer but eventually they will (unfortunately) be making phat profits from this POS.

1655 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 32.
    < Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo