Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1565 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Online Disruption
52. Re: Ubisoft Online Disruption Feb 3, 2012, 14:30 CJ_Parker

avianflu wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 14:02:
CJ the UBI post states that some games including HOMMVI are "unplayable" (Ubi's wording) during the transition, including single player.

unless you see more info on that link than I do?

That's not the point. The point is that the brainless knee-jerk criticism in this thread was directed against Ubi's always-on DRM. Most (all?) of the titles (it is limited to only three PC and three MAC games anyway) that will not be playable during the transition do not require a persistent online connection la Ubi always-on DRM in the first place so them not being available obviously has nothing to do with any always-on requirements. It's also retarded to pretend to be outraged when the vast majority of Ubi games including titles that at least had an always-on requirement in the past will in fact be perfectly playable in offline mode during the transition period.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives
50. Re: Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives Feb 3, 2012, 10:58 CJ_Parker

This is game dev no. 1658 (yeah I've kept score, alright) telling us that piracy is a huge problem for PC game development and yet the usual Blue's News know-it-all-and-then-some brigade calls BS on what the guy has to say because y'all naturally have much more insight than those 1658 devs complaining about PC piracy. Right.

By denying that PC piracy is a huge issue you are only contributing to the problem but who am I kidding. Most of you don't buy your games anyway as evidenced in numerous postings on here where people openly confess to or boast about freeloading so the majority of you is just in a state of self-denial. Oh well. Whatever gets ya through the day I guess... carry on.

News Comments > Ubisoft Online Disruption
48. Re: Ubisoft Online Disruption Feb 3, 2012, 10:45 CJ_Parker

mlw wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 20:39:
Who is the more foolish? Ubisoft, or the Fools who buy their DRM laden software?

The most foolish ones are the brainless muppets with dyslexia like yourself who didn't even bother to read the announcement. Because anyone who followed the link posted in the news would know that Ubi DRM is not even affected by this downtime with the exception of new registrations which will not be possible during this time. Anyone and everyone who has already connected to the Ubi servers at least once will be able to keep playing their games during the downtime.

But keep on fighting the good fight, people! Brain off, feet on. Forward - march...

News Comments > EA Financials
41. Re: EA Financials Feb 3, 2012, 10:34 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 10:49:
PC up 110% (what's that?)

I really hope that wasn't a serious question because the answer is already given in the bullet point list of this newsbit. It's BF3 and TOR being released in the same quarter. That's why the PC revenue seems to have exploded. If you look at the gross numbers it's still a really sad story for the PC though with only a little over $400 million vs. over $1 billion revenue on the consoles. So even with the 110% increase on the PC side due to a couple very strong PC releases, the consoles are still outperforming the PC by a factor of 2.5x. Once business on the PC is back to normal, we'll once again see the consoles outperform the PC by a factor of between 5x and 6x.

News Comments > EA Financials
28. Re: EA Financials Feb 2, 2012, 09:26 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 23:45:
In regards to origin, remember people were required to activate an account to play any game, SWtOR as well. This doesn't mean all those 9 million bought games.

As usual you did obviously not bother to do any research but just decided to spout some random bullshit. You're in good company though since you do not seem to be the only parrot in the house who repeats the dumb crap that Origin is required for TOR. It is not. You only need Origin if you buy TOR from Origin (d'oh) but if you buy retail or from any other source Origin is not required. At all. Capisce? Good.

In some of the star wars threads people were predicting EA's failure if star wars failed. I contended that EA is big enough that that wouldn't kill it, and it seems I was right. BF3 and FIFA 12 more than made up enough to overcome any star wars problems.

Yeah, you're awesome, dude! You're like the smartest cookie in the universe with a bit of Nostradamus mixed in for good measure!
I mean who would have thought that EA would actually not bet the whole company on the fate of one single game? It clearly took a genius like yourself to figure that out, didn't it?
OK, I may be a bit harsh on you. The real hard case tards are the ones who predicted EA's demise if TOR failed which was about as dumbfuck-ish as it gets.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2012, 09:40.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha
19. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 29, 2012, 04:32 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 23:03:
I never understood the draw of these sorts of games. The desperation of the lonely geeks drawn to virtual big titted sluts is just beyond sad.

The only thing that is really beyond sad is non-virtual chicken-chested micro penis owners like yourself who have zero understanding of what makes the real appeal of some games.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 22, 2012, 19:17 CJ_Parker

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jan 22, 2012, 18:08:
I love how that article tries to surmise how this drop is showing the death of the PC and that tablets are taking over, even though it also touches on how this report is about a drop in an area that's currently in a massive recession.

Uhh.. what "massive" recession? The report is talking about 2011. Europe displayed solid growth in early 2011 which cooled down a little later in the year but there was still growth.
It was only in November (when 2011 was all but over) that the OECD warned that the growth might slow down even more or possibly even spiral downwards into a recession going forward into 2012.
There was certainly no such thing as a massive recession in 2011 and whether there will be a recession at all in 2012 -let alone a "massive" one- remains to be seen.

So the causes of the drops are certainly not as obvious as you believe and I'd say that PC World is definitely correct in stating that the PC decline has lots to do with the massively growing popularity of smartphones and tablets. People are abandoning laptops and desktop PCs left, right and center because they just don't really need them anymore. I live in Europe. I know (it all... haha.. ).

News Comments > Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs
13. Re: Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs Jan 21, 2012, 08:06 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Jan 21, 2012, 04:12:
"This does not bode well, for it confirms my darkest fears." You don't have to be Cain to see that Diablo III is in deep trouble. Is this the result of Activision taking over?

This ain't Activision. If it were Activision Diablo 3 would have been long finished (or cancelled) by now and Blizz would be working on Diablo 7 or something while another team would be working on Diablo 8 already so they could maintain a yearly schedule.

Nope. Some of you clowns need to get this idea out of your head that Blizzard is or was this small, cozy dev house that was only in it for da people and not for da moneh. Bullshit.
Blizzard has not been a privately held company since long before the Activision merger. They were a part of Vivendi back then and a part of some rather unknown investment firm before that. Blizzard has not been an independent entity for most of its existence and they have always been in it for the business side of things as well. They bathe in money and they have always loved the smell of it, Activison or not. Let's stop the retarded glorification.

With that said, they do seem to have issues but those lie with Blizz themselves as far as I can tell. I think they just need to grow balls and stick with some of the decisions they make and actually release a goddamn product at some time. This whole Diablo 3 bullshit reminds me of Guns'n'Roses Chinese Democracy in a way where the record was "reiterated" a zillion times. This was all due to Axl "Crackhead" Rose though and not Geffen Records or any other publishing entity.

What Blizzard really need to do is Blizzard need to free themselves of the shackles of perfection and allow themselves to be as imperfect as everything else in this world is.

News Comments > The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer
42. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 17:24 CJ_Parker

What a bunch of assholes. They also disable forum posting for maintenance periods when the servers are down. They can shove their parenting attitude where the sun don't shine. I'm not going to pay to be patronized. Fuck you, BioWhore!

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Preorder Bonuses
12. Re: Max Payne 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 17, 2012, 09:04 CJ_Parker

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 07:33:
This is a definite wait and see game.....

Yeah. Wait and see it phail .

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
140. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 16, 2012, 13:57 CJ_Parker

descender wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 09:34:
Oh well, I wasn't even looking forward to this game because of how overrated and disappointing ME2 was... so I guess now I don't even have to accidentally buy it when it's on a steam sale.

Suck for you EA.

Cute. Another one who believes they even give a fuck about the PC sales...

75. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 19:06 CJ_Parker

Slashman wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 18:24:
Why would THQ move almost all their games to Steamworks? Why aren't there mass boycotts from anyone other than EA?

How is EA boycotting Steam? You do realize that Valve showed EA the door and not the other way around, right?
It started with EA selling crap from within their games, bypassing Steam. Valve pointed out that this was against their TOS. EA didn't care and didn't want to back down and change the way they sold their crap and then Valve kicked EA out the door.
Valve took action on and against EA, not the other way around. EA has been pretty passive in all of this. EA did not pull their games from Steam. Their games got delisted by Valve due to the violation of the TOS. There never was a "boycott" of any kind from EA's side.

33. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 14:44 CJ_Parker

Icewind wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 13:54:
Bet you feel dumb now.

Not nearly as dumb as you yet but it does indeed look like I was mistaken about the 3rd party involvement. Might have to do with me being in Europe and if I launch Origin I only see EA games and no 3rd party games in their online store so maybe the 3rd party push hasn't arrived here yet.

Still my point remains: Anyone who believes that EA is seriously giving a crap or trying to seriously compete with Steam is fooling themselves. They may be trying to annoy Steam a little like a mosquito crawling up the ear of the elephant but there is no way that EA is all of a sudden trying to get serious about the PC business. The money is on the consoles for them. Always has been, always will.

If EA would be serious about this all you'd see them break into this market niche much more aggressively with massive discounts and major 3rd party support but that ain't happening.

No, Sir. This is purely strategical. The intention is not to compete with Steam and to build up something of their own but more to prevent Steam from becoming even more monopolistic. Origin is like a minor preemptive strike. It's only meant to divert and redirect business from Steam to Origin. Business that is probably very small scale compared to EA's other console centric divisions.

19. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 13:49 CJ_Parker

Wolfen wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 13:33:
You won't beat steam EA. Give it up.

Gawd. They're not even trying to. Anyone with half a brain, i.e. not you, should be able to tell that EA's Origin service is not even trying to compete with Steam. EA is only using Origin to control their own content on the PC platform. They do not even intend to sell other publisher's games or broaden the spectrum of Origin beyond their own stuff.
I'm also sure that they don't really give much of a fuck about Steam or their own Origin service even. It's a fun little side endeavor for them. They are making 90%+ of their revenue on the consoles. If you think they really care about Steam you had better think again.

News Comments > Codemasters Complaints
1. Re: Codemasters Complaints Jan 13, 2012, 21:32 CJ_Parker

Just fire the fuck.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier in May; PC Version Coming After All
3. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier in May; PC Version Coming After All Jan 10, 2012, 12:47 CJ_Parker

They can keep their shit, kthx. Not because of the DRM (I got no prob with that) but because of the game itself that looked like an abortion in the trailers.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jan 6, 2012, 19:16 CJ_Parker

Nah. AoE 3 ain't that old. It came out in 2005. You're right that 20 bucks is kinda expensive though. Microsoft themselves once sold AoE 3 Complete on Games for Windows Live for only 0.10 bucks when everyone thought it was an erroneous listing but it wasn't. Now that was a great deal back then (in November 2010).

News Comments > Bethesda & Interplay Fallout Settlement Nears?
34. Re: Bethesda & Interplay Fallout Settlement Nears? Dec 30, 2011, 09:39 CJ_Parker

Krovven wrote on Dec 29, 2011, 15:48:
Im not going to keep arguing this as people have been arguing with me about it for 2+ years every time there is a story about this.

You could keep at it for another 200+ years and you'd still be wrong for the reasons pointed out by others since you are disputing facts and apparently unable (or unwilling) to process factual information that is presented to you.
Has it ever occurred to you that you might simply be, you know, wrong? Nope. Obviously hasn't. You're like the guy riding in the wrong lane yelling at the other drivers to get the fuck out of your way. Or maybe a more appropriate analogy in your case would be you're the guy in the loony bin thinking that everyone else is a retard...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 25, 2011, 18:54 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Dec 25, 2011, 17:45:
Why not either wait until it's on sale for $20, or see what sort of DLC shakes out?

Because we as PC gamers need to support Bethesda with early and near full price sales in order to show them and other publishers that it is still viable to develop open world single player RPGs for the PC. Every sale that is not a PS3 or Xbox 360 sale is a score for us. That's why I personally preorder games like Skyrim even if I know I won't likely be getting around to playing them for a while. Iz all about the 'spect and the 'sport, ya know .

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 20, 2011, 05:42 CJ_Parker

siapnar wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 22:40:
So since there are new deals daily, do the previous day's deals expire or do they continue until January 2nd?

I'm tempted to get Fable 3, Portal 2 and Metro 2033.

What you will want to do is to exclusively check out the daily deals until January 2. Don't pay attention to the "regular" discounts until then because a game that is on sale right now for e.g. 33% discount might all of a sudden pop up as a daily deal with a 75% discount.
To maximize savings you want to wait until the last day of the sale (1/2/2012) before buying anything that is not a daily deal.

1565 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo