Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1658 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Divinity Prototypes Missing; Reward Offered
16. Re: Divinity Prototypes Missing; Reward Offered Aug 16, 2012, 18:55 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 01:58:
There are plenty of places between the office and the convention floor where it can get ripped off. Nothing conspiratorial about it, it happens often.

Yeah. It might happen often. To epic dumbfucks, that is. In the age of e.g. BitLocker encryption it is as easy as removing the USB stick with the encryption key (the TPM) to render a PC completely unusable unless you are in possession of the USB stick where the key is stored.
It is an inexpensive and very secure method of protecting your PC from unauthorized access.
If Larian Studios has not taken even the most basic and simple precautions then I have zero sympathy for any negative consequences this theft might have. You'd have to be insanely stupid to "protect" demo PCs with only a Windows or BIOS password.
If they have encrypted shit properly, however, then there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Remember Me Announced
15. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 05:46 CJ_Parker

Remember me? Nope. You look forgettable.

/witty mode

News Comments > Star Trek: Infinite Space Cancelled
9. Re: Star Trek: Infinite Space Cancelled Aug 8, 2012, 17:11 CJ_Parker

lol@phail  

News Comments > EA and Take-Two Financials
25. Re: EA and Take-Two Financials Aug 1, 2012, 13:21 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 10:12:
/ROFL

Thanks for making my morning!

I'm guessing that would mean 700-800K, but even that is being generous...

If they "confess" that it is less than a million and only "well over 500K" then I'm sure it's somewhere between 500K and 600K. If it would be over 600K, 700K, 800K or even 900K then they wouldn't have said "well over 500K" but they would have referred to the nearest full 100K to make themselves look better. They didn't so it's almost guaranteed that it's less than 600K.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
20. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 18:41 CJ_Parker

DarkCntry wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 18:19:
Either that or you're really one screwed up person.

It is in fact the latter. Trust me on that!

16. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 18:01 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 17:22:
[sarcasm]You mean this isn't actual gameplay? Gosh! I feel so abused and lied to![/sarcasm]

You trolls can fuckoff, take your ball home and don't come back. We're going to enjoy the hell out of this and the thought of you sitting around sulking while we have fun only adds to it.

Welp, once the first post about serious launch issues or another Sony network database breach goes up on Blue's, I'm gonna unzip and jack off like a bunny on crack while imagining your stoned, stupid little face while you're sitting in the dump inside your trailer home, crying real tears of mega frustration over how you can't play.
Mark my words. Knowing SOE, I'll get to jack off until my weeny turns purple!

11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 15:13 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 12:00:
That was fucking awesome! That's one of the best game trailers of all time. PS2 is going to be an insane amount of fun.

SOE hype victim count +1

Seriously, anyone who isn't a complete and utter n00b should know by now that SOE is extremely skilled at creating pretty hype material but also extremely amateurish when it comes to the execution of said material into actual gameplay. That is if the trailer material makes it into the game at all. Not even that is guaranteed with SOE.
Extreme caution is not only recommended but mandatory with these slime balls.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
47. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 19:25 CJ_Parker

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:16:

*cough*
Well, there's system admins with skill like that horror guy and then there's Beavers and Prezels...

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
42. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 19:13 CJ_Parker

Prez wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 18:47:
I'm sorry but that is just not true. I got more blue screens in any week I ran Windows ME than I did in a year of using Win 98. ME was terrible compared to Win98; I don't even see how that's arguable.

Just because you lack the skill to set up a stable system does not mean ME stability was a global issue.
My personal experience with ME was nearly flawless. I remember System Restore eating up resources like a starved piranha with a bleeding pig nearby but once that was turned off ME was a pleasure to play and work with.
I had much less BSODs with ME than with 95A/B/98/98SE.
Another neat improvement of ME (thanks to some of Win2K's kernel getting ported over and less 16-bit legacy crap than in Win 9x) was that you didn't have to reboot at least once every few hours to have a stable system.
Win 98 was horrible in that regard. If you multitasked just a little then it was only a matter of when the system would crash and not if. Memory management was abysmal. If you were a "power user" then it was also guaranteed that you had to reinstall Win 98 at least once a year or so due to the registry becoming wonky beyond a certain age or usage.
Win ME on the other hand was the first consumer Windows OS that at least somewhat resembled the reliability, stability and up-time that was normally to be found in enterprise environments at that time.

Needless to say that XP was another major improvement over the Win 9x era but I fully agree with that other dude in that ME is getting tons of undeserved bashing (and I'd bet real money that the most vocal negativity is coming from people who have never even had ME installed).

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Screenshot
17. Re: Wasteland 2 Screenshot Jul 20, 2012, 18:47 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 18:39:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 18:31:
[ ] I am a troll
[ ] I clearly show where my parents failed
[ ] My behavior would even put a gorilla to shame
[x] All of the above

Passed. A+. Congratulations!

Failed due to plagiarism. F-. Congrats - NOT! Now back to your room and weep into your pink teddy bear. Then try again. n00b.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Day Nine
19. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 18:44 CJ_Parker

lol@"bank screw up" --> You guys either need to dump your expensive girlfriends or get jobs where you actually get paid el dinero and los dolares and shit.

"Bank screw up". BAHAHA. maJ0r LULZ. What a dumb excuse. It's almost like "Look, honey, Sally was just trying on that new dress when I came out of the shower, tripped over the carpet and accidentally landed on top of her. Honestly. I swear. I wouldn't lie to you, honey, now would I?"...

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Screenshot
14. Re: Wasteland 2 Screenshot Jul 20, 2012, 18:31 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 16:55:
Looks like Spellbound's "Desperados", released back in 2001.

[ ] You understand what Kickstarter is about
[ ] You have realistic expectations
[ ] You have a brain
[x] None of the above

Heya! Bing-fucking-o!

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Videos
13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Videos Jul 18, 2012, 13:22 CJ_Parker

You don't want into the beta because I will annihilate you. You spawn - you die. Capisce?

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Videos
5. Re: PlanetSide 2 Videos Jul 17, 2012, 20:23 CJ_Parker

HAHA I'm gunnah death from above style bomb the fucking shit out of yallz asses when this game goes live, n00bz!!1  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Glitch Ends
18. Re: And... Jul 16, 2012, 12:38 CJ_Parker

morose wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 11:27:
This is a great example of why I have stopped buying Ubisoft games. I drop somewhere in the neighborhood of $120 on games a month... mostly on the latest and greatest stuff coming out. But Ubisoft could come out with something that was the gaming equivalent to the second coming of Christ, and I wouldn't blink.

Bullshit! Every single one of you DRM-scared pussies is gonna bend over for Watch Dawgs .

News Comments > EA Shakeup Rumor
30. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 12, 2012, 07:04 CJ_Parker

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 22:55:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 21:08:
What? If investors do actually believe that Riccitiello is at fault for the falling share prices then EA's stock will rise tomorrow, not fall.
That didn't happen the last time. The last time the stock price dumped nearly $3 over a 2mo period, and is down nearly $7 in a 4mo period. Check the market yourself, infact check yesterdays trades, there was plenty of heavy selling with some late day buying of EA stocks up 0.09% in anticipation of tomorrows early buys and later selling.

The last time? You mean the last time they dumped their CEO the stock plummeted? Really? Funny. In my universe Riccitiello has been the CEO of EA for several years now.

News Comments > EA Shakeup Rumor
23. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 21:08 CJ_Parker

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 20:38:
Sounds like "whoops moment." Watch for a market dump tomorrow.

What? If investors do actually believe that Riccitiello is at fault for the falling share prices then EA's stock will rise tomorrow, not fall. The stock market is all about expectations, rumors, potentials and what-if shit. Why the hell would there be a "dump" tomorrow? There will only be a dump if the general sentiment out there is that Moore will suck harder than Riccitiello.
And depending on the circumstances Pachter could be in pretty deep shit because leaking inside knowledge that might either positively or negatively affect the share prices usually ends in legal action against the source of the leak.

News Comments > Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets
2. Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Jul 10, 2012, 21:00 CJ_Parker

Coincidence Alert!!!

News Comments > The Secret World Launches
6. Re: The Secret World Launches Jul 3, 2012, 12:12 CJ_Parker

Iceberg heading 36 at 2mph
The Secret World heading 216 at 666mph

Crash in 10... 9... 8... 7...

News Comments > SOE Live Tickets on Sale
14. Re: SOE Live Tickets on Sale Jun 30, 2012, 06:36 CJ_Parker

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 18:03:
Co-workers requires a job which he doesn't have.

HAHA you wish! There are in fact some poor lost souls who are doomed to work with me. Sucks to be them but not everyone's life can be a walk in the park. Oh well.. *shrug* fuck 'em. They probably deserve me. Buuuaaahahahahahahahahaaaaa

1658 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo