Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 2203 (Senior)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on December 16
12. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 14:27 CJ_Parker

Very nice. I've dabbled some in beta but I'll really get into it once my physical shit arrives which will hopefully not be too long after 12/16 then. Bring her on!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
18. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 21:01 CJ_Parker

Panickd wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 20:46:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 20:39:
I did a 100$ backer pack for this a long ass time ago. I still haven't flown or loaded up their alpha stuff or anything in this game. Why? Because I like polished games not "Alphas".

Anyways, I funded this game because of a huge lack of space sims since Freespace 2. At this point, I'm so tired of hearing about this game unless it's "Gone Gold".

I'll be surprised if it ever goes Gold in the traditional sense. It sounds like they just intend to float a beta into the "real" release one day and then keep on adding to it and working on it ad infinitum until the money runs out.

Well, some of us have pledged for physical game boxes so I guess you could say that the game is "gold" when they are shipping those boxes.

News Comments > The Witcher III Free DLC Plans
27. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 6, 2014, 20:36 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 19:47:
Project CD isn't publicly traded is it?

From their website:

CD Projekt S.A. (formerly CD Projekt RED S.A.) is a holding company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Its business activities focus on development of videogames in The Witcher franchise (the CD Projekt RED studio; formerly CD Projekt RED Sp. z o.o.) Its subsidiary companies deal with distribution of videogames and motion pictures (CDP.pl Sp. z o.o.) and operating an online game distribution platform with global reach (GOG Ltd.)

15. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 20:23 CJ_Parker

On a semi-related note: A bunch of guys who were fired from CIG's Austin team have announced their new game at http://peezocker.com/ today.
The game's name is to be revealed at a later date but it's basically a Descent kind of game.

Here's a bullet point summary of that new game from their forums (sorry about the fucked up format but that's what copy&paste will do). Or if you want to watch the half hour stream yourself then go here: http://ustre.am/QLWp

• He says the company is made up completely of ex-CIG employees so far, including Mike Morlan.

• Jason Spangler, Elijah Mcneil and Chris Olivia are all part of the team. Wingman's Son is part of the team as well.

• 300 Years into the future. Players take the role of Resource Agents, trying to get our hands on resources to make money.

• Game-play and mechanics will be similar to the classic game Descent. 6 DOF. Fly around tight spaces and through tunnels.

• 4-5 Ships to fly at launch. (Stealth Ships, repair/support ships, gun play, mining ships)

• Several game modes. Create your own Corporation, play single player or multiplayer.

• Burrow through the ground in order to find secrets and upgrade your ships.

• Will be crowd-funded and community made. Looking for people to help make the game and be people like community managers. Not looking for money yet.

• Still figuring out which engine to use. Looking at unreal 4, and leaning in that direction.

• Looking to Ship the first version of the game withing ONE YEAR. Company started just two days ago. Already have a ship flying around on screen.

• Have a hangar or garage, such as World of Tanks, to upgrade weapons and engines and other parts. More arcade like and less hardcore of a flight model.

• Have a name in mind for company, but are looking for ideas from the community.

• New show like Wingman's Hangar will be coming out for this game. Called something like Wingman's Basement.

• Mod tools will be available as soon as game is released

• Will sell map-packs after game is released.

• Looking to make a companion App for the game as well, which would allow you to map out areas and find things.

• Voxel-based mining system

• Track-IR and Oculus rift will be supported

• Looking at have 60 people or so playing at once in a game.

• Regarding Star Citizen
    Still a huge supporter, and will continue to Support Chris Roberts and his vision.

• No truth to any of the rumors on the forums. He is happy to be his own boss again, and fully supports Chris's decision to do whatever he needs to do to make his vision happen.

• Happy to have helped form CIG, and will continue to support Star Citizen in the future

• Would not be surprised if on his new show to have segments about Star Citizen, as he still cares about its future.

• This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2014, 20:30.

14. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 20:18 CJ_Parker

The monetization express keeps...

rollin', rollin', rollin' (what)
    keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin' (come on)
    keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin' (yeah)
    keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin'
    now i know y'all be lov'in this shit right here

21. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 6, 2014, 16:21 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:05:
    16!?! That's great and all, and I was going to buy Witcher 3 anyway, but now I have no incentive to buy it early... more like in a year and a half after when all these DLCs are finally released. :|

^ this e-fuckin-xactly

14. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 6, 2014, 15:21 CJ_Parker

It may be free on the up side but it's still retarded to chop up a game like that. Not buying until the complete EE comes out.  

News Comments > Square Enix Financials
    1. Re: Square Enix Financials Nov 6, 2014, 10:22 CJ_Parker

No surprise thanks to that tasty bribe from the assholes at Microsoft for Tomb Raider exclusivity. Phuck'um all!  

News Comments > Evening Previews
    6. removed Nov 6, 2014, 04:59 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
    This comment was deleted on Nov 6, 2014, 10:48.

News Comments > Morning Previews
    10. Re: Morning Previews Nov 5, 2014, 20:01 CJ_Parker

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 19:44:
    for those interested in what he actually said

His departure post

btw your post makes very little sense. First you say "a studio without any lead blah blah smoke weed" and then you say "there are other leads in Austin so his story is a blatant lie"

so which one is it?

I was trying to imagine what a studio without any leads would be like. It doesn't make any sense. You always got to have someone in charge. A studio director, team leads etc.
    That's why it was completely obvious, to me at least, that what Peterson wrote in his good-bye post was not the real reason.
    It's illogical. They are keeping the studio and they have a new studio director in John Erskine and a new PU director in Tony Zurovec and all of the team leads are also staying in Austin.
    Everyone gets to stay in Austin but Wingman, according to his own blurb, was supposedly forced to choose between 1) relocate or 2) GTFO.

If you still can't see the smoke then I don't know what to say and would suggest some brain surgery.

News Comments > Morning Previews
    8. Re: Morning Previews Nov 5, 2014, 19:32 CJ_Parker

Yesterday news broke that the Star Citizen Austin studio director Eric "Wingman" Peterson was fired for some very obscure reasons. According to Peterson, Roberts wants to consolidate all lead personnel in Santa Monica so Peterson basically had a choice to relocate or GTFO. He supposedly went for GTFO due to "family reasons".

Right.

At the same time the Austin studio keeps going according to community dude Ben Lesnick. It's not going to be shut down. So what's that? A gaming studio w/o any team leads? Can I please get a job there to slack off with some Mary Jane all day long? Pretty please with sugar on top?
    Also, several other high ranking leads like Lead Designer Rob Irving are staying in Austin. And they just hired a new PU director who is also going to work out of Austin.

So the whole official reason that Peterson gave us is undeniably 100% grade A bullshit. Roberts is not making all his leads relocate to SM. They either forced Peterson to state that as a reason or Peterson made it up.
    The big question is why in his right mind would Roberts let Peterson go? The guy single-handedly got the entire Austin gig going all by himself and it seemed like he was an invaluable asset who poured his heart, soul and body into the project.
    Also real classy of Roberts to not say a peep about Peterson's departure (yet). No well wishes. Nothing.

The only good news about this is that Peterson has launched a new endeavor over night. Check this out: http://peezocker.com/

TL;DR = Star Citizen is bleeding key personnel. Let the conspiracy theories begin!

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM [Updated]
    35. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM Nov 5, 2014, 15:03 CJ_Parker

lol@Bethblog ... how can an official source be a hoax? A trademark is either filed or not. Try again, Bethesda.  

28. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM Nov 5, 2014, 13:49 CJ_Parker

Icewind wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 12:20:
    CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 11:25:
    InBlack wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:53:
    Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:50:
    Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:46:
    Hope it gets announced soon. I'm ready for more Fallout.

You. Me. And everyone else.

Im going to wait for the inevitable standalone expansion from Obsidian.

Well, I hope that Obsidian stays far away from Fallout. After they and their entire community have SHAT all over Bethesda and publishers in general, claiming that boooofrickinhooo they are the devil incarnate, I sincerely hope that Bethesda does not give those Obsidian fuckers any more work. If they do not want to work with a publisher then they need to STFU and do another Kickstarter or just close shop. They won't be missed. Fuck 'em hard!

You mean you don't want to play Numenera or Eternity?

You're missing out.

Well, Numenera is luckily not made by these losers. Just Avellone that clown is doing some design I believe. In a moment of drunken dementia I pledged for both of these games actually so yeah I guess I'll have to play them too.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
    3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 5, 2014, 11:36 CJ_Parker

lol@n00bs  

19. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM Nov 5, 2014, 11:25 CJ_Parker

InBlack wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:53:
    Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:50:
    Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:46:
    Hope it gets announced soon. I'm ready for more Fallout.

You. Me. And everyone else.

Im going to wait for the inevitable standalone expansion from Obsidian.

Well, I hope that Obsidian stays far away from Fallout. After they and their entire community have SHAT all over Bethesda and publishers in general, claiming that boooofrickinhooo they are the devil incarnate, I sincerely hope that Bethesda does not give those Obsidian fuckers any more work. If they do not want to work with a publisher then they need to STFU and do another Kickstarter or just close shop. They won't be missed. Fuck 'em hard!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
    3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 5, 2014, 05:54 CJ_Parker

HAHAHA lol@xbone phailshit  

News Comments > Sun Sets on Dawngate
    12. Re: Sun Sets on Dawngate Nov 5, 2014, 05:49 CJ_Parker

What? EA cancelling a game because it SUCKED and FAILED on all levels to keep up with the competition????

UN-FUCKIN-THINKABLE!!!

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
    8. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 4, 2014, 11:28 CJ_Parker

Bludd wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 11:19:
    from the release notes:

344.48: Alien: Isolation hangs when loading a level. Did not occur on 344.11.

Edit: Frode beat me to it.

Dude, seriously. Your message 11:19. Frode's message 09:50. It took you one hour and twenty-nine minutes to type that two liner post? Wow! So how many joints does it take to chill down on that kinda scale?

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
    6. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 4, 2014, 11:18 CJ_Parker

You guys are an embarrassment for the male gender. Those GamerGate pussies would be real proud of y'all though.

In the meantime: Grow some fucking BALLS fer fuck's sake!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition
    56. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 4, 2014, 02:19 CJ_Parker

Dude. Why the wall of text? Can't we just agree that everyone here like except me, of course, is NUCKIN FUTS?!?  

2203 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 30.
    < Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo