Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 2200 (Senior)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2014, 10:16 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 09:40:
White Xbox Ones Selling Out, Microsoft Not Likely To Replenish Stock.

Leave it to Microsoft to drop the ball when they finally come up with something popular.

Hehe, yes, reminds me of their Sidewinder hardware stuff back in the day. All of that was great stuff from the joysticks to the gamepads and the headset and then... "kthxbye hardware division is shutting down, guys". ---> W T F?!?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity
5. Re: Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 12, 2014, 21:29 CJ_Parker

AMD and issues? NEVER. Everyone knows with MANTELL they have nVidia BY THE MUTHAFUCKIN BALLS!!!11  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $61M
4. Re: Star Citizen Passes $61M Nov 12, 2014, 21:27 CJ_Parker

I bet he was only surprised because he expected more. I'm pretty sure that Conman Chairman Roberts was more than a little disappointed that his loyal sheeple didn't hit $62 or $63 million during his 14 hour flight.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: ASUS announces ROG Gladius Gaming mouse Nov 11, 2014, 21:01 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 20:27:
Does it matter?

Certainly not to the point I would advertise it as a feature. That struck me as being extremely silly. But I guess if you're trying to sell a very ordinary looking mouse then the marketing department desperately reaches for any straw they can get their paws on.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: ASUS announces ROG Gladius Gaming mouse Nov 11, 2014, 20:15 CJ_Parker

LOLSEN OLSEN

Those dumbfucks from Asus are actually advertising...

*drumroll*

!!!!!!!!!!SEPARATE LEFT AND RIGHT MOUSE BUTTONS!!!!!!!!!!

... as a feature on their completely ordinary cheap-ass looking ROG Gladius Gaming Mouse. WOW ASUS!!! REALLY???? SEPARATE buttons for left AND right??? OMFG!! How AWESOME and GENEROUS of y'all!!!

BWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA.

Retards.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P)
7. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 11, 2014, 20:09 CJ_Parker

Slashman wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 19:33:
MOAR DESTRUCTION!!!! Flamethrower Rifle

I actually hope they have flamethrowers this time...

^ FUCK YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Skull

News Comments > DCS Su-27 Trailer
8. Re: DCS Su-27 Trailer Nov 11, 2014, 15:14 CJ_Parker

Yep. I have also felt it to be a pity for a long time that there isn't a more coordinated effort for DCS world. Eagle Dynamics basically should have forced all external developers to create modern day aircraft first since it all started with the SU-25 and the A-10.

Then make several interesting dynamic campaigns like Crimea, Taiwan, Korea, Baltic Sea, whatever, and corresponding multiplayer scenarios.
Then, when/if all of that is up, running and mostly working, greenlight development of a WW2 module and allow 3rd parties to develop WW2 aircraft and scenarios.
Again, if/when that is mostly working, maybe consider a Korean theater, or if it turns out that the modern day and WW2 theaters require all of their attention, then focus all resources on maintaining these two (for the majority of players) most interesting modules.

The current all over the place at a snail's pace development definitely doesn't help anyone.
It's really frustrating to see this happen time and again, when in a niche genre like hardcore flight sims, there is an extremely promising concept, but then it falls short due to poor management. The same goes for many things surrounding the civilian sims like X-Plane and FSX, too. With some coordination of efforts, we could have an accurate sim spanning the entire globe today, but instead everyone is doing their own little thing *sigh*.

5. Re: DCS Su-27 Trailer Nov 11, 2014, 12:14 CJ_Parker

MIG-25 is fugly like the bastard child between a Tornado and a F-4 with the F-14's tail glued on.
As far as pure looks on the Russian side, SU-27/33/35 and MIG-29 are definitely quite the purdy ones.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2014, 12:19.

1. Re: DCS Su-27 Trailer Nov 11, 2014, 08:42 CJ_Parker

Meh. F-15 (non-FC version), F-16, F-18, F-20 or F-22 please!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 13:30 CJ_Parker

Pumpkins > carrots u n00b!!!11  

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
32. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 15:33 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 11:37:
Overon wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 08:42:
Ubisoft needs Steam more than Steam needs Ubisoft.

Neither needs each other. UBI doesn't even need the PC platform.

According to their latest financial statements for H1/2014, they are at 15% of their sales happening on the PC platform so it's not a totally negligible chunk but, yeah, they would probably live even if the PC totally fell by the wayside over night. They could certainly live without Steam. Not the entire 15% are happening on Steam naturally. It's 15% total from Steam, Uplay, GOG, other digital delivery services, and of course also good old retail combined. Not being on Steam would certainly not hurt Ubi all that much.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on December 16
38. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 20:25 CJ_Parker

saluk wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 19:50:
This is how you do development. Yeah, you won't please everyone, but you make a good, releasable, solid core that can than be expanded.

Much better than, say, developing 25 completely independent games and hoping that at some point they will magically fit together. Or, like, putting a lot of effort into cool helmet wearing animations when the ship flying animations don't work.

Hehe, nice how you managed to avoid mentioning the name of that other game. And I completely agree. Frontier is on the right track here and Braben is a very smart guy who knows exactly what he is doing.
The expansions which will add many features people are missing now are already in the pipeline and will be free for people who pledged over a certain amount.
This game has a solid roadmap and it will only get better because they are actually gonna stick to it, you know, instead of for monetization reasons, coming up with more peripheral crap they'll never finish before 2020.

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
46. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 20:12 CJ_Parker

Caladell wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 18:18:
Like others have said though, hopefully no micro-transactions.

That was a good one, dude. Got more jokes like that?

14. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 15:50 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 15:43:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 15:38:
Lame derivative crap.

Blizzard has almost always been derivative. They've been successful because they've been able to make one of the best versions of that genre: Warcraft, WoW, StarCraft, Hearthstone. Diablo is probably the only thing original they've ever done.

I know. That's why I said "lame derivative crap". And Diablo original? Well... top-down simplistic point&click hack'n'slash was not really blowing anyone's socks off at that time either was it?
I mean the execution was top notch as always but it wasn't really revolutionary per se.

21. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 15:47 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 15:07:
The complaints usually comes from from those that aren't exactly sure what Elite is and expect it to be a different game than what it is.

^ this. This game like most open world games does not work well for people expecting a Disneyland themepark where Mickey Mouse is waving at you from the left and Donald from the right every five yards and where content is thrown in your face instead of you needing to actively search for and find the content.
Even more extreme than a game like Skyrim, Elite is a game where you have to carve out your own story in this big huge universe. Use your imagination. Roleplay. Take on an active role, head out there and don't expect the game to throw stuff at you while you sit there passively munching popcorn. That's not how it works. This is not a modern dumbed down cinematic game where you just need to watch and press buttons. This is a game for active players.

8. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 15:38 CJ_Parker

Lame derivative crap.  

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
75. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 14:49 CJ_Parker

Primalchrome wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 13:43:
To bring it around...everyone I know...and probably everyone on this site have bought more games since Steam has been out. Yes, we're older and have more disposable income. The real drive behind the sales is convenience and pricing. Impulse buys. "I can't go wrong for $9.99" buys.

More games, yes. More cash spent on games, a most definitive no. Back in the days I think I probably bought a full price game approximately once per month and then a few slightly discounted games in between. I'd guess I might have spent maybe $600 on games per year. Give or take.

Ever since Steam sales and the insane one-click abundance of cheap games at one's disposal, my total spendings have dropped significantly. I've bought WAY more games but I've only spent a fraction of that annual $600 in the last few years.
At least on Steam and on retail. I have instead used the saved funds on various Kickstarters where I have pledged at pretty high tiers in many cases.
Now I'm done with KS, too, after many broken promises and under-deliveries and I have a ridiculous backlog anyway so my game-related expenses are low and will stay very low for the foreseeable future.

12. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 14:27 CJ_Parker

Very nice. I've dabbled some in beta but I'll really get into it once my physical shit arrives which will hopefully not be too long after 12/16 then. Bring her on!  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
18. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 21:01 CJ_Parker

Panickd wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 20:46:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 20:39:
I did a 100$ backer pack for this a long ass time ago. I still haven't flown or loaded up their alpha stuff or anything in this game. Why? Because I like polished games not "Alphas".

Anyways, I funded this game because of a huge lack of space sims since Freespace 2. At this point, I'm so tired of hearing about this game unless it's "Gone Gold".

I'll be surprised if it ever goes Gold in the traditional sense. It sounds like they just intend to float a beta into the "real" release one day and then keep on adding to it and working on it ad infinitum until the money runs out.

Well, some of us have pledged for physical game boxes so I guess you could say that the game is "gold" when they are shipping those boxes.

News Comments > The Witcher III Free DLC Plans
27. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 6, 2014, 20:36 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 19:47:
Project CD isn't publicly traded is it?

From their website:

CD Projekt S.A. (formerly CD Projekt RED S.A.) is a holding company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Its business activities focus on development of videogames in The Witcher franchise (the CD Projekt RED studio; formerly CD Projekt RED Sp. z o.o.) Its subsidiary companies deal with distribution of videogames and motion pictures (CDP.pl Sp. z o.o.) and operating an online game distribution platform with global reach (GOG Ltd.)

2200 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo