Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 2262 (Senior)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys
14. Re: Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys Feb 2, 2015, 21:54 CJ_Parker

Overon wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 21:34:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 21:08:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 20:47:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 20:30:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 19:09:
Good for them. Seems like the right thing to do. You don't really expect fraud buying from EA (queue joke about EA ripoffs here).

You obviously didn't get the story. Cheapskates bought the game from cheap key portals like Kinguin and G2A. The keys that were offered there, were originally acquired via a stolen credit card from Origin. No one whose key was nuked bought the game directly from Origin. Everyone bought keys that were stolen from Origin and resold via the key traders.
As far as I am concerned, this is solely a problem of the key shops. The legality of transactions via their service is their problem since they advertise "100% safety guaranteed" (G2A) and "buyer protection" (Kinguin).
Seems pretty generous of Ubi to reinstate the stolen keys.

Except these keys were sold by ORIGIN.. a tiny detail you forgot And if a store sells keys they are legit keys, fraudulent CC should have been detected by any decent payment provider.

I didn't forget anything. If a credit card has been stolen but the owner has not noticed the theft yet, then how is Origin supposed to be able to tell that a stolen credit card is used for a transaction?
The only thing here I'd agree with is that Origin should probably have limits. I don't know how many keys were bought with any individual card in this case but there should be alarm bells going off somewhere at Origin if someone tries to buy keys in bulk.

Also, we're not talking about key "stores" here. The platforms in question (Kinguin/G2A) operate as middlemen/portals. They help sell keys from person A to person B and offer buyer protection. The keys that are sold via these portals are very often of questionable legitimacy because why would any seller be able to sell an unused key at considerable discounts? Right. In many cases the keys have simply been stolen.
These portals are effectively serving as fences on many transactions and should not be supported by any gamer with an ounce of integrity because you're supporting organized crime.
I need to have better evidence to believe that all keys that are sold at a discount are stolen.

That's why I said "many cases" and not "all keys". And the evidence is the price. Or do you seriously believe that there are thousands of people buying games (legit) and then selling their copies for half price?
Nope. Drug addict goes to retail store. Steals games. Sells keys on G2A or Kinguin. That's how it goes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys Feb 2, 2015, 21:08 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 20:47:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 20:30:
Good for them. Seems like the right thing to do. You don't really expect fraud buying from EA (queue joke about EA ripoffs here).

You obviously didn't get the story. Cheapskates bought the game from cheap key portals like Kinguin and G2A. The keys that were offered there, were originally acquired via a stolen credit card from Origin. No one whose key was nuked bought the game directly from Origin. Everyone bought keys that were stolen from Origin and resold via the key traders.
As far as I am concerned, this is solely a problem of the key shops. The legality of transactions via their service is their problem since they advertise "100% safety guaranteed" (G2A) and "buyer protection" (Kinguin).

Except these keys were sold by ORIGIN.. a tiny detail you forgot And if a store sells keys they are legit keys, fraudulent CC should have been detected by any decent payment provider.

I didn't forget anything. If a credit card has been stolen but the owner has not noticed the theft yet, then how is Origin supposed to be able to tell that a stolen credit card is used for a transaction?
The only thing here I'd agree with is that Origin should probably have limits. I don't know how many keys were bought with any individual card in this case but there should be alarm bells going off somewhere at Origin if someone tries to buy keys in bulk.

Also, we're not talking about key "stores" here. The platforms in question (Kinguin/G2A) operate as middlemen/portals. They help sell keys from person A to person B and offer buyer protection. The keys that are sold via these portals are very often of questionable legitimacy because why would any seller be able to sell an unused key at considerable discounts? Right. In many cases the keys have simply been stolen.
These portals are effectively serving as fences on many transactions and should not be supported by any gamer with an ounce of integrity because you're supporting organized crime.

6. Re: Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys Feb 2, 2015, 20:30 CJ_Parker

News Comments > New Condemned Game Possibilities Explored
12. Re: New Condemned Game Possibilities Explored Feb 2, 2015, 15:48 CJ_Parker

Disagree strongly with the positive vibe. Condemned sucked. Horrible console port (performance issues even on high end rigs to this very day), artificial super-slow character movement to artificially extend game time, cheap scares, very empty levels, crappy police investigation gameplay that needlessly required pixel-hunting accuracy, lame-ass melee "weapons" that were just a collection of various pipes and clubs and so on. A very unexciting and mediocre game. There are many franchises that desire a sequel but this is definitely not one of them.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week
25. Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 30, 2015, 00:00 CJ_Parker

@Slick: You're plain wrong. Use Google. The booster packs were $9.99 each (check GameSpot review which mentions "solid value at $9.99" for Euro Force and IGN review which has the MSRP for Armored Fury at $9.99 as well). And Special Forces was $19.99 as you can also find out easily via IGN.
As for general discounts I'm very well aware of that but we were exclusively talking about EA here. And all of that is simply not true at all for EA. They take a long time to discount their games and if they do finally get around to slashing the price some, they usually only discount the main game but not the DLC so if you want the whole package you're still gonna have to pony up some serious cash.
EA's discounts are like bait. Here... come here... cheap main game and then *ZAP* HAHAHA and now here's some DLC for another $30. Lame.
Other publishers at least bundle their shit into GOTY editions and stuff like that.

It's pretty clear by now though that you're an EA shill that can't be bothered with facts so keep spreading some more lies for your overlords. Hope they pay you well indeed.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2015, 00:09.

22. Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 20:18 CJ_Parker

@Slick: Complete bullshit at least for BF2. It had only one expansion (Special Forces) at $19.99 and two booster packs that were considerably cheaper at $9.99 each. So you're saying the base game was $70? Wrong. It was $49.99 as you can verify here and here.

So if you would have bought everything at release for full price then BF2 complete was ~$90 max and not $110. The booster packs were also released for free later on, discounts on the main game (online as well as brick&mortar retail) were much more frequent and I remember several decent bundles with BF2 + SF or later on a booster pack bundle etc., all of which EA has practically stopped doing to keep the average price as high as possible for as long as possible.

20. Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 18:43 CJ_Parker

Julio wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 17:15:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 16:55:
Julio wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 16:48:
So open beta is next week, launch is the week after?

Game comes out March 17

They're up against the Grand Theft Auto V juggernaut on the PC, I suspect you'll see a sharp discount for Hardline in April/May.

Definitely worth waiting on the discounts, EA does drop the price on BF pretty quick after launch.

Maybe on BF but not necessarily on Premium which is pretty much mandatory if you want to play BF in MP.
You're going to be paying between $60 to $100 for the base game or digital deluxe + premium for a very long time. It may go down to $60 in total for this year's xmas sale ($30 for the base game and $30 for premium) but I wouldn't even bet on that. EA's usual MO is more like dropping the base game to $29.99 but still sell premium at $49.99.

As for myself I'm done with BF thanks to the whole premium ripoff business. If I could get the full game plus all DLC as a preorder bonus deal for 50 max, fine, I might bite, but I'm not paying 60 just for the base game and another 50 for premium. Are they retarded? Fuck that shit.

Nah. I'll do the same as with BF4. Wait for Hardline to go on Origin Free Game Time and then I'll play the single player campaign for free and when done uninstall in true kthxbye fashion. They're not getting a single cent from me until they adopt their pricing and business model to something that makes some fucking sense for a change.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 29, 2015, 18:01 CJ_Parker

Krovven wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 17:05:
All i can say is, at this time, we have no fear of super intelligent Ai coming from the games industry. Nobody has been pushing that envelope.

Yep. There's a greater risk, in fact, that we'll all be sucked up by a giant black hole of stupidity if Microsoft, EA, Ubi et al keep it up.

News Comments > Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop
2. Re: Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop Jan 28, 2015, 20:56 CJ_Parker

Alamar wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 20:47:
Where does all their money go, if not (many) new features, or games...

Gabe's belly.

Sorry. Someone just had to.... *sigh*

News Comments > Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M
30. Re: Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M Jan 28, 2015, 19:30 CJ_Parker

Task wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 16:30:
The backers already have access to the FPS module as well, so they are playing with that, not just the dogfight stuff. They also have access to a very early alpha of the social interaction module they talk about there, players waltzing around a market, etc.

This is complete bullshit. The FPS module is due in spring 2015 as is the planetside/social module. Summer 2015 should see the release of Arena Commander 2.0 with multiplayer ships, then the first episode of Squadron 42 in fall and the persistent universe alpha is scheduled towards the end of the year. This info is from a publicly available SC roadmap for 2015.
I'm an original backer and all we have access to right now is still the hangar module and Arena Comander version 1.01. And that's it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M
28. Re: Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M Jan 28, 2015, 19:24 CJ_Parker

Task wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 17:24:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 16:41:
Task wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 16:30:
The backers already have access to the FPS module as well, so they are playing with that, not just the dogfight stuff. They also have access to a very early alpha of the social interaction module they talk about there, players waltzing around a market, etc.

So are there videos about that? Or is it NDAd?

Can't they already show the MMO part? I dunno, just make one solar system or something i.e. not a large scale.

Eh I don't know, I haven't purchased SC at this time. But I peruse the RSA forums...

What's the 'A' stand for, dude? Roberts Space Assholes? Yeah. I agree.

*note that the correct name is actually RSI = Roberts Space Industries

News Comments > Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow
3. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 19:16 CJ_Parker

Carla Valenti was hawt.

Story was great, game sucked. That's it in a nutshell. It had the most frequent, most challenging (since you gotta do them two-handed with four keys per hand) and most annoying QTEs in any game I have ever played. The only reason I did not quit was because I *had* to find out how it all ends. And it was good. And nude. Awesome...

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
2. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 28, 2015, 10:00 CJ_Parker

Blahblahblah blame game. If those Kinguin fuckers would REALLY properly check their sources, then this wouldn't have happened. THEY sold the stolen keys. Their problem (and that of the cheap ass gamers who bought keys through them), not Ubi's.  

News Comments > EA Financial Results
4. Re: EA Financial Results Jan 27, 2015, 20:42 CJ_Parker

On a slightly more serious note, what's interesting here is that EA has divulged per platform revenue. Total GAAP net revenue for Q3/2014 on the PC is 19%, consoles 71%, mobile 8% and other 2%. These numbers are very similar to what UbiSoft is usually reporting so it's interesting to see that big publisher revenue distribution appears to follow a common pattern.

What's also interesting is that by their estimates the PC went up +4% in Q4/2014 to 23% while mobile gained +5% (=13% total) but consoles dropped by almost -10% to "only" 61%. Could this have to do with the success of DAI and especially the Denuvo copy protection on the PC? There wasn't much else than DAI that would give the PC such a boost except maybe the Shadow of Revan expansion for SWTOR or some BF4 DLC but those are very low price so EA would have to move crazy volumes to even make a bump. Q4 was also stuffed with high profile console releases so I'm on the verge of being convinced that this was DAI + Denuvo.

News Comments > EA Financial Results
1. Re: EA Financial Results Jan 27, 2015, 20:12 CJ_Parker

Yay?  

News Comments > Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on GOG.com
5. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on GOG.com Jan 27, 2015, 13:36 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 13:33:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 13:12:
Wish they'd remaster the Star Wars games 'stead'a that Gaydildo stuff!

Some of us wish Blue would ban you, but we all have to suffer sometimes.

( )

HAHAHA nice one

News Comments > Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on GOG.com
2. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on GOG.com Jan 27, 2015, 13:12 CJ_Parker

Wish they'd remaster the Star Wars games 'stead'a that Gaydildo stuff!  

News Comments > Victory Command Announced
1. Re: Victory Command Announced Jan 27, 2015, 10:08 CJ_Parker

Stopped reading at "free to play" and closed the trailer window after watching two seconds of gameplay.
Very sad state of affairs at Petroglyph if this is a reworked version. Very sad indeed...

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
43. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 20:51 CJ_Parker

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 16:12:
Buyer beware. This is why I don't shop at G2A or any number of other dirt cheap key sellers. Use some common sense and ask yourself, how is it they're able to sell so cheaply? Why doesn't everybody do that? Because there's a catch...

Holy shit, I didn't even know this until just now (I've literally never even been to G2A before), but they're not even a store! G2A is a marketplace that hosts transactions between buyers and sellers. Like eBay for back-alley video game deals! Random dudes from god knows where are selling you that key or promising a Steam GIFT! Lmao...

Ubisoft is not responsible for this. You reap what you sow, sorry.

Quoted for truth and emphasis!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 26, 2015, 20:38 CJ_Parker

Dude, you may want to inform yourself about the nature of the issue. This is nothing that can be fixed by a firmware update.

I agree that the issue is overblown tho. If you crank up the settings in just about any game to the point that the card requires 3.5GB+ of VRAM, well, chances are your performance is gonna be crap anyway regardless of any memory issues.
There are very few scenarios where you even ever get that high in VRAM usage to begin with. Skyrim with mods, Star Citizen (which is in alpha and not optimized at all) or Shadow of Mordor come to mind, but those are the exception and not the rule.

And don't gimme 4K or "future-proof". The current gen of GPUs are not really made for 4K gaming yet. We're barely at the point where a modern GPU can manage 1080p with all the bells and whistles, 1440p if you remove the whistles, but 4K is fucking retarded because you're going to have to lower the detail in many games so... yippie I'm running 4K on low detail but, by God, I *am* running 4K. Well, yeah. Yaaaaayyy - NOT!

2262 Comments. 114 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo