Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 2186 (Senior)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on GOG.com
2. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on GOG.com Jan 27, 2015, 13:12 CJ_Parker

Wish they'd remaster the Star Wars games 'stead'a that Gaydildo stuff!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Victory Command Announced
1. Re: Victory Command Announced Jan 27, 2015, 10:08 CJ_Parker

Stopped reading at "free to play" and closed the trailer window after watching two seconds of gameplay.
Very sad state of affairs at Petroglyph if this is a reworked version. Very sad indeed...

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
43. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 20:51 CJ_Parker

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 16:12:
Buyer beware. This is why I don't shop at G2A or any number of other dirt cheap key sellers. Use some common sense and ask yourself, how is it they're able to sell so cheaply? Why doesn't everybody do that? Because there's a catch...

Holy shit, I didn't even know this until just now (I've literally never even been to G2A before), but they're not even a store! G2A is a marketplace that hosts transactions between buyers and sellers. Like eBay for back-alley video game deals! Random dudes from god knows where are selling you that key or promising a Steam GIFT! Lmao...

Ubisoft is not responsible for this. You reap what you sow, sorry.

Quoted for truth and emphasis!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 26, 2015, 20:38 CJ_Parker

Dude, you may want to inform yourself about the nature of the issue. This is nothing that can be fixed by a firmware update.

I agree that the issue is overblown tho. If you crank up the settings in just about any game to the point that the card requires 3.5GB+ of VRAM, well, chances are your performance is gonna be crap anyway regardless of any memory issues.
There are very few scenarios where you even ever get that high in VRAM usage to begin with. Skyrim with mods, Star Citizen (which is in alpha and not optimized at all) or Shadow of Mordor come to mind, but those are the exception and not the rule.

And don't gimme 4K or "future-proof". The current gen of GPUs are not really made for 4K gaming yet. We're barely at the point where a modern GPU can manage 1080p with all the bells and whistles, 1440p if you remove the whistles, but 4K is fucking retarded because you're going to have to lower the detail in many games so... yippie I'm running 4K on low detail but, by God, I *am* running 4K. Well, yeah. Yaaaaayyy - NOT!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 12:40 CJ_Parker

JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 12:09:
How frickin hard is it to make this type of game that doesn't suck?! Every other genre has games that don't suck, but this genre can't manage a single one.

The problem, in my worthless opinion, is that the genre itself sucks super-ass. Zombie games... seriously, how retarded is that? It's neither funny nor scary nor... anything. It's just outright dumb and retarded.
The only place for zombies should be in CRPGs around crypts and graveyards.

'cept for that: Fuck zombies! [or what's left of them ]

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 11:42 CJ_Parker

Another display of unfathomable bad tastes all around...  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
19. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 25, 2015, 10:50 CJ_Parker

Slashman wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 10:16:
My suggestion is to grow up and learn to accept differing opinions.

Exactly what I was thinking. The whole post came across as "bohoo mommy someone on the internet has a different opinion than me!!!11". Silly.

Besides, no one forces anyone to read the comments here so might as well just come here and solely read the news if it disturbs him that much. And there is an ignore function so if part-time trolls like myself disturb him or anyone, well, feel free to use it.
And I also agree that this site has always had its fair share of jaded, cynical bastages and sarcastic old fucks. Nothing new. Move along...

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
3. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 24, 2015, 15:12 CJ_Parker

Vio wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 15:05:
Can you travel to different systems yet via flight/warp/jump?

You're joking, right? They're too busy squeezing mo' moneh outta people by releasing more concepts of ships. No time for the actual game!

BadIronTree wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 14:41:
No hate comment yet ?
Something is terrible wrong !!!

There. Better now?

To seriously answer the original question: You're still kidding, right? All you can do is fart in your cockpit seat (of select single seater craft only so far... the multiplayer ship play won't be released until later this year in AC 2.0) and do some dogfighting on a few tiny maps. And you can race on a few other tiny maps.
That's it. There's not even a hint of a persistent universe or in fact *any* universe just yet...

News Comments > More Star Wars on GOG.com
12. Re: More Star Wars on GOG.com Jan 24, 2015, 00:29 CJ_Parker

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 00:05:
TangledThorns wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 19:53:
After seeing the dated graphics the sense of nostalgia dies pretty quick.

Speak for yourself. The graphics are dated, but what actually matters -- gameplay, atmosphere, and storytelling -- are just as solid now as they were 15-20 years ago.

That depends. Strike Commander is one of my all time favs but the GOG version is literally unplayable on a modern PC and a big screen because of the extreme pixelation. You can't even make out the targets from the rest of the huge pixelated blobs. And that's where everything, gameplay, atmo and story (due to a lack of being able to play in the first place) fall apart completely and die a rather quick death.
You might actually want to fire up some of those old games some time instead of just waxing nostalgic about them. Practice > Theory.

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
59. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 16:22 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 16:05:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 15:57:
Deathman29 wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 13:49:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 12:09:
Ok thanks for the feedback.
I may look into getting a new card but being so close to DX12 I may just wait a bit longer.
Other than AC I didn't notice any major frame rate issues in other games.

No problem.
I'd just wait for the next gen cards at very least. No need to do a minor jump up at this time with them just around the corner if not mistaken.

There is nothing (affordable or that makes sense) really "around the corner" at the moment. This year will be another pretty boring one because we're stuck on 28nm.
nVidia will release another very expensive Titan-like GPU based on GM200 in spring and later on probably a 980Ti based on the defective GM200s. Both are above the current GPUs so this will not change anything for the lower offerings. The only change re current GTX 970s and 980s is that both will probably be offered in 8GB VRAM variants some time later this year.
AMD is rumored to release a 380X/390X with HBM in Q2. Thanks to HBM and watercooling, this will probably be a prohibitively expensive GPU as well, competing either with the Titan GM200 or the 980Ti.

If anything truly new will be coming this year at all, then maybe at the very end of the year if GloFo manage to ship a new 14nm FinFET AMD GPU by then.
nVidia is sticking with TSMC, so there will definitely be no truly new GPUs this year, since according to TSMC, 16nm FinFET won't be ready before 2016.
If anyone is wondering what happened to 20nm, it's long been cancelled since TSMC was not able to offer the GPU makers a high powered 20nm process. The 20nm node is stuck at low power for mobile chips from Apple et al.
That may be true but if they release high end cards that will replace the current 980/290 series.
I am hoping that will lower the prices on current high end cards which will trickle down to the 970.
The Gigabyte 970 I am looking at getting is "on sale" for $430 here in Canada which is a bit too much.
If it would go for around $350 ~ $380 I'd probably pull the trigger.

Well, that won't happen at least not for nVidia. They only got GM200 and that will be the new Titan and maybe 980Ti. Why should they lower prices of the GTX 980 and 970 and ruin their precious margins if they only release parts way above those lower offerings? They won't. And there won't be anything to replace GTX 980 or 970 this year.

The only reason nVidia might adjust their pricing is if AMD's refresh lineup in spring (e.g. R9 370) shakes things up a bit but I think that's unlikely. Why should the financially struggling AMD shake up the market with some huge discounts? It's more likely AMD will price their parts only slightly lower than nVidia's current offerings.

And the high end R9 390X with HBM and watercooling... it'd be crazy by AMD if they would give it away. And why should they? If nVidia has a $999 to $1299 Titan, then AMD might as well join the fun if they have a GPU that performs as well or maybe even better.

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
56. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 15:57 CJ_Parker

Deathman29 wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 13:49:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 12:09:
Ok thanks for the feedback.
I may look into getting a new card but being so close to DX12 I may just wait a bit longer.
Other than AC I didn't notice any major frame rate issues in other games.

No problem.
I'd just wait for the next gen cards at very least. No need to do a minor jump up at this time with them just around the corner if not mistaken.

There is nothing (affordable or that makes sense) really "around the corner" at the moment. This year will be another pretty boring one because we're stuck on 28nm.
nVidia will release another very expensive Titan-like GPU based on GM200 in spring and later on probably a 980Ti based on the defective GM200s. Both are above the current GPUs so this will not change anything for the lower offerings. The only change re current GTX 970s and 980s is that both will probably be offered in 8GB VRAM variants some time later this year.
AMD is rumored to release a 380X/390X with HBM in Q2. Thanks to HBM and watercooling, this will probably be a prohibitively expensive GPU as well, competing either with the Titan GM200 or the 980Ti.

If anything truly new will be coming this year at all, then maybe at the very end of the year if GloFo manage to ship a new 14nm FinFET AMD GPU by then.
nVidia is sticking with TSMC, so there will definitely be no truly new GPUs this year, since according to TSMC, 16nm FinFET won't be ready before 2016.
If anyone is wondering what happened to 20nm, it's long been cancelled since TSMC was not able to offer the GPU makers a high powered 20nm process. The 20nm node is stuck at low power for mobile chips from Apple et al.

News Comments > LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com
32. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 20, 2015, 20:51 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 19:18:
Squirmer wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 16:42:
It's interesting how quickly these games have been released after Disney's buyout. I wonder which stubborn prick at Lucasfilm was resisting this for years and years.

Hmm, which fatty has been plugging up the spigot for all these years. Hmm, who could it be. WHO??

Probably Haden "Super-Faggot" Blackman!

News Comments > Saints Row IV: Gat out of Hell Released
3. Re: Saints Row IV: Gat out of Hell Released Jan 20, 2015, 18:45 CJ_Parker

yuastnav wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 17:51:
Will unlock for Europeans in 2 days... :/
Gaben why?

Unlocks = publisher decision, not GabeN

27. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 20, 2015, 17:50 CJ_Parker

Squirmer wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 16:39:
Task wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 14:59:
I'm sure Disney and LucasArts are in tears for all the money they are missing out on by not making X-Wing 2 and TIE Fighter 2, an SP KOTOR 3, another Dark Forces, etc.. And GoG shall reap the rewards of devoted fans of better gaming days of a bygone era.

Also, just an FYI, the XvT on GOG does include the expansion which added a 15 mission single player campaign as a Rebel or an Imperial.
I'm sure they have a few games in the works to take advantage of the Episode 7 hype.

At least two games are known to be in the oven right now. There's the Battlefront sequel which was revealed at E3 and then there's the Visceral game where they hired Amy Hennig (Uncharted story writer) for story writing. My guess would be that the Visceral game is like a Jedi Knight/Force Unleashed sequel with movie ties (Visceral also made James Bond, Simpsons and Godfather games).
And then there's the possibility, of course, that BioWare is also working on something other than SWTOR expansions. With DAI and the new ME game, they probably have enough Frostbite experience and tools by now that they could crank out a new Star Wars RPG quite easily.

15. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 20, 2015, 14:19 CJ_Parker

Pigeon wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 13:50:
X vs.T was a let down at the time, they scraped the campaigns in favor of an online component; back in the days of dial-up. I think I ended up returning it for several reasons

Yep, I also remember being massively disappointed at the lack of a real campaign. However, going in with low expectations, I also remember being very positively surprised by the quality of the gameplay and the great single player missions. It might not have been a coherent campaign but it still ended up being a very decent single player experience. Still a shame though that they did not have an epic campaign with cutscenes etc. at a time when Wing Commander 3/4 defined the space opera genre.

4. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 20, 2015, 12:40 CJ_Parker

Like wave numero uno, the pricing is fucking pathetic once again, but I'll grab Alliance and XvT once they are discounted for real on a future sale.

Last time I played my disc copy of Alliance a few years back, it was quite messy. The crosshair only worked after downloading a fan-made fix because it was invisible due to nVidia driver issues and I encountered a repeatable game-stopping bug very early on when a spawn just did not happen on a mission. I'm hoping that the GOG version comes without any of these problems.
Don't really care about the rest of the games cuz they been on Steam for ages 'cept Battlegrounds.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2015, 14:30 CJ_Parker

This list is an incredible display of shitty taste. Shame on you, my dear fellow PC gamers. Maybe this week we can return to some standards after buying shit for the lulz last week... pretty please?  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
18. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 21:00 CJ_Parker

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:56:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:13:
You little sheep and lemmings will line up as usual in your wet panties and hand over your $60 because you just can't resist the hype.

Since you mention it my panties are wet and this is 60 dollars well spent. You don't deserve a fine game like this. Go back to playing Captain rainbow Or the Sims and leave us gamers alone.

Why am I not surprised that you feel like I was talking about you when I mentioned sheep and lemmings in wet panties? *sigh*

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 20:13 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 19:22:
GTA4 was an abortion of a port and nobody in their right mind should preorder GTA5. Even if it's a good port it should be boycotted because of the shitty treatment PC users have been given. If you want to play it this is one of the few games I recommend you pirate. Stop supporting shitty developers.

^ this... a gazillion times this. Don't fall for the retarded hype, people. Grow some balls, get some standards and give R* the finger that they deserve! If you absolutely have to buy this game, buy it on PS3 or PS4 (don't support the PC-raping assholes from Microsoft either).

But who am I kidding? It won't happen. You little sheep and lemmings will line up as usual in your wet panties and hand over your $60 because you just can't resist the hype. And that is exactly why we will continue getting what we deserve from companies like Ubi, EA and R*. Why should they stop fucking us over if it's that easy? Thanks so much!

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity in March
14. Re: Pillars of Eternity in March Jan 14, 2015, 15:45 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 13:10:
PHJF wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 12:43:
I think it's a little more acceptable delaying a new game rather than a port of a title which has launched on a half dozen consoles.

This is Obsidian we're talking about. The guys who are always 'Oh it's never our fault! It's the publishers for rushing us!' These guys have needed a good producer for ever now. Running a year behind isn't acceptable in any business. And I'll be utterly amazed if it's not a bug-ridden mess when it finally gets here even with the delay.

Seconded. In fact truer words have rarely been spoken - especially by Cutter!

2186 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo