Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 2129 (Senior)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
18. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 21:00 CJ_Parker

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:56:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:13:
You little sheep and lemmings will line up as usual in your wet panties and hand over your $60 because you just can't resist the hype.

Since you mention it my panties are wet and this is 60 dollars well spent. You don't deserve a fine game like this. Go back to playing Captain rainbow Or the Sims and leave us gamers alone.

Why am I not surprised that you feel like I was talking about you when I mentioned sheep and lemmings in wet panties? *sigh*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 20:13 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 19:22:
GTA4 was an abortion of a port and nobody in their right mind should preorder GTA5. Even if it's a good port it should be boycotted because of the shitty treatment PC users have been given. If you want to play it this is one of the few games I recommend you pirate. Stop supporting shitty developers.

^ this... a gazillion times this. Don't fall for the retarded hype, people. Grow some balls, get some standards and give R* the finger that they deserve! If you absolutely have to buy this game, buy it on PS3 or PS4 (don't support the PC-raping assholes from Microsoft either).

But who am I kidding? It won't happen. You little sheep and lemmings will line up as usual in your wet panties and hand over your $60 because you just can't resist the hype. And that is exactly why we will continue getting what we deserve from companies like Ubi, EA and R*. Why should they stop fucking us over if it's that easy? Thanks so much!

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity in March
14. Re: Pillars of Eternity in March Jan 14, 2015, 15:45 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 13:10:
PHJF wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 12:43:
I think it's a little more acceptable delaying a new game rather than a port of a title which has launched on a half dozen consoles.

This is Obsidian we're talking about. The guys who are always 'Oh it's never our fault! It's the publishers for rushing us!' These guys have needed a good producer for ever now. Running a year behind isn't acceptable in any business. And I'll be utterly amazed if it's not a bug-ridden mess when it finally gets here even with the delay.

Seconded. In fact truer words have rarely been spoken - especially by Cutter!

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
23. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 12:05 CJ_Parker

djinn wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 12:01:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 11:12:
My PC is dead anyways. My wife got me nice new slippers for Christmas and they tend to build up a nice static charge. I walked up to my PC and when I reached for the power button, I shocked it somehow before I even touched it and it killed my machine.

I think your wife might be an evil genius.

Probably an evil genius that got clubbed to death, was chopped up into little turd-sized pieces and flushed down the toilet!

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
11. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 11:08 CJ_Parker

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAAA...

TAKE THAT BITCHES!!11

LMAO.

News Comments > Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag
23. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jan 13, 2015, 11:05 CJ_Parker

Theo wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 07:28:
@ CJ - there are 3 difficulty's available at level 1

I know. And the hard difficulty says you should play on hard if you have geared up with legendary loot from a normal playthrough. So you're pretty much forced to finish the game on normal the first time as I said. And normal is retard mode. When I played through all five acts I needed to make use of exactly one potion on the final boss of the expansion. I'm not exaggerating. It really was that easy and stupid. It was just a clickfest with absolutely zero challenge.
I didn't use any tactics either (kiting etc.). Just spammed my left and right mouse button and occasionally pressed a number key.

Sorry if it offends you but the game is balanced for retards on normal.
Diablo 1 + 2, while not exactly hard per se, were still much more challenging on the first (normal) playthrough. I even remember dying a few times which has yet to happen to my level 49 Diablo 3 character who hasn't really come close to dying yet.

OK. So maybe the scaling is better once you play on hard or do some of those challenges, but after five completely challenge free acts, I only dabbled a little in those challenge maps and then quickly got bored again.

Also, i would argue that the problem was not with the RMAH, but with the AH its self (gold); as we had a shared item store to buy from with gold, the game was more about grinding gold than finding items and drops suffered as a result of this common resource.

I'd say it's very obvious what Blizzard's idea was. Nerf drops into oblivion and force players to look on the (RM)AH for any equipment they might require. I remember coming out of the campaign (then four acts) pre-RoS and pre-loot patches with exactly one legendary item. It was so boring compared to Diablo 2. No legendaries, no set items, barely any other neat stuff for crafting, enchanting etc... nothing.
The problem was definitely Blizzard's greed. They intentionally ruined the experience because they wanted us to spend cash to get all the cool stuff from their lame auction house.

I'm glad that gamers did not fall for this crap and that Blizzard was forced to react. Their reaction IMHO was to turn Diablo 3 into a much less challenging, dumbed down Diablo 2 HD. And, no, I'm not willing to give them a lot of credit for playing it safe and going back to a decade old formula. It's the least they could do and the game should have been released like it is now (plus better balancing and much more challenge on normal). I'm not going to applaud them for cleaning up their crap.

News Comments > Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag
20. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jan 12, 2015, 20:21 CJ_Parker

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 11:05:
Diablo 3 gambled big on an idea that seemed reasonable, and failed. They acknowledged the failure and have been throwing themselves into improving the game, and in large part they've succeeded. That alone wins them my respect.

"Gambled big on an idea that seemed reasonable and failed?"
Ummm. Yeah.
The RMAH is definitely the pinnacle of a reasonable idea. Let's make the game really shitty and put all the fun loot on a RMAH but still ask $60 for the game. What can go wrong? Rolleyes

And while I agree that Diablo 3 + RoS is finally fun now, it might as well be called Diablo 2 HD for retards.
It's a complete rehash and as such does not really inspire me to congratulate Blizzard on delivering an insignificant update to a 10+ years old concept.
There's also the issue that the current Diablo 3 RoS offers zero challenge so it's Diablo 2 HD for uber n00bs. It's been so dumbed down it's not even funny. I'm obviously talking about normal difficulty which you have to slog through for better or worse when getting started. It's a click- and snorefest with absolutely no challenge.

So, no, I do not think that Blizz deserve any respect or accolades for turning Diablo 3 into a dumbed down version of Diablo 2 HD. The Diablo 3 we got now (with way better balancing and a challenge progression which is sorely missing from the game still) should have been the game at launch a couple of years ago. Those corrections they've made since, shouldn't even have been necessary in the first place. They've fucked this up big time initially due to greed and the RMAH and for many people their corrections are rightfully considered to be too little too late.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
22. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 11, 2015, 18:05 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 17:34:
As a veteran backer it's nice to be on a forum where everyone isn't drinking the Star Citizen Kool-Aid. I can't stand the circle jerk that goes on at robertsspaceindustries.com. I've had more than a few of my threads shut down for asking simple things like "The Star Citizen Kickstarter page promised a delivery date of November 2014. We're past that date. So when is this game going to be released?"

I posted this question on the Status Report, "We're over two years into this project and we're still seeing concept art. When are we going to start seeing actual in-game screen shots?" I fully expect some Moderator to remove my legitimate question... as they always do. No dissent in Chris Roberts' New World Order.

^ agree and I'm an original backer, golden ticket holder and (before eBaying quite a lot of my ships and packages - thanks to LTI for really nice profit$) $1K+ concierge nutter... which, to be fair, I pledged before the $2 million goal was even reached so maybe I'm not that nuts... I just wanted a WC/Freelancer/Starlancer/FreeSpace sequel real bad.

My enthusiasm started to wane big time when they started breaking promises left, right and center, like the "limited" availability of lifetime insurance (LTI), "limited" ship sales which all turned out to be not limited at all, a strong focus on "reveals", live events, presentations and when it just generally became very clear that the focus began to shift from the actual game to a monetization scheme powered by an optimized ship production pipeline.
The pinnacle of which has now been reached with the LTI concept sales where they are selling ships up to $2500/pc (Javelin destroyer) before they are even really on the drawing board. It's completely ridiculous.

The really sad part for me is, even if this game turns out to be awesome in the end, it has all been tainted already by an air of greed, monetization scheme, sleazy marketing, rabid fanboism, elitism and a pay to win stench. The experience has already been ruined before it has even begun.

P.S. Blue can you tell us if Comet has an email ending in @cloudimperiumgames.com or @robertsspaceindustries.com ? The history looks very suspicious. Like this person is employed by CIG as their resident

I don't think that Sandi Gardiner, Ben Lesnick, Will Lewis or James Pugh would be amateurish enough to use a company address but it doesn't have to be one of them. You know the fanbois. They parrot the CIG marketing department anyway so there really is no difference.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
51. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 11, 2015, 16:33 CJ_Parker

I don't think there's enough space for gel mats, at least not if you have a keyboard the size of a G19. For the mouse it depends on how much space you need. I use a Logi G400s at about average sensitivity with a triple monitor setup at 7680x1440. If I went super-sensitive, I'd need less space obviously, but I'm used to average sensitivity so I do need a little space for the mouse.
Another problem is that a gel cushion would lift the wrist even higher. You already have a bit of an issue to position the tray high enough so you can still move your legs freely (or maybe even use the pedals) but also low enough so you can access the keyboard and mouse comfortably. It's a bit of a balancing act.

Anyway, the issues should not be overstated... as I said it just takes time getting used to the keyboard and mouse tray. I have still managed extended gaming sessions playing FPS and other non-sim games using the Obutto.
It can be done but there's an adaption process. There's also no arm rest so if you are used to sitting in a comfy swiveling "boss chair" with arm rests at your desk, then that's another issue to be aware of.
Again: Just trying to make you aware of issues I have come across and not saying that these are huge problems.

Based on my experience, however, I would be hesitant to share Obutto's view that their products are a workstation or desk replacement. Strictly in my opinion they're not well suited for that. They are "toys" first and foremost. Awesome for sims, still decent for any other kind of gaming but not exactly ideal as a desk replacement where you may have to get up often, grab some papers, put something on the copy/fax machine, get up and get a coffee etc. etc.
The Obutto is more like the kind of chair you get into if you know that you have at least an hour or more of free time to just sit there and play a sim or a game. It's a rather "static" environment.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
45. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 11, 2015, 05:12 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 20:49:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 20:34:
Or, at least true for Star Citizen, fly only single seaters and stay away from the FPS-enabled locations.
Not sure how ED is going to do this? Is every ship boardable? If not, you could also stick to the ones that allow you to fly without any chance of a FPS encounter.

As for HOTAS setups, if anyone is real serious about space/flight sims, then this (among other options) is the way to go. Not the only way but a very good way if you have the room and the cash (it's not even *that* expensive luckily):

http://obutto.com/index.php/gaming-cockpits/

This is exactly what I am eying.. but then to replace my entire desk and chair, and everything, basically that's gonna be my main workstation for sims, typing, mouse fps and everything else. It would make a lot of room in my pc altar room...

But for the full workstation replacement I'd be looking at 800 .. and that isn't exactly cheap ;p

And a huge gamble to take without ability to actually sit in that "car" chair before spending 800 (shipping and accesories).. I am very picky about my seating comforts

But yeah, Obutto Revolution Workstation is what I am planning to get after I tested VR

I own a r3volution cockpit and let me tell you that if you are picky about seating comfort, then you probably don't want to get this as a desk replacement. I now have a second desk PC but for about a year I used the Obutto exclusively. It's great for gaming in general and sims in specific, of course, but as a desk replacement it's really not that great. It's OK. You get around but it's far from ideal.

For example, getting in and out of the chair once you have everything installed (HOTAS mounts etc.) can be a little tricky. The seat is also very low above the floor and it does not swivel so you can't really get up quickly to do anything as sometimes you need to when doing actual work.
The keyboard and mouse tray takes some time getting used to since your mouse hand rests on the metallic edge of the tray (might depend a little on keyboard size and personal mouse sensitivity preferences etc.) and the hand rest space in front of the keyboard is very narrow (Logi G19 in my case).

So after extensive testing, I would personally only recommend this as a "toy" and not as a desk replacement but YMMV.
For a sim pit, I can't think of a more ideal solution at this price level though. The flight sim bundle is awesome, especially if, like me, you own a Warthog. There are endless options to arrange the controls exactly as you like.

32. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 20:34 CJ_Parker

Or, at least true for Star Citizen, fly only single seaters and stay away from the FPS-enabled locations.
Not sure how ED is going to do this? Is every ship boardable? If not, you could also stick to the ones that allow you to fly without any chance of a FPS encounter.

As for HOTAS setups, if anyone is real serious about space/flight sims, then this (among other options) is the way to go. Not the only way but a very good way if you have the room and the cash (it's not even *that* expensive luckily):

http://obutto.com/index.php/gaming-cockpits/

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
27. removed Jan 10, 2015, 00:48 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 10, 2015, 15:43.

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
19. removed Jan 9, 2015, 22:52 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 10, 2015, 07:48.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 7, 2015, 20:10 CJ_Parker

I see that Smedley is still the 'astounding' same dumb ass as the one who helped drive SWG into the ground.  

News Comments > Mad Catz Announces $300 PC/Mobile Controller
3. Re: Mad Catz Announces $300 PC/Mobile Controller Jan 6, 2015, 18:29 CJ_Parker

I'm sure they mean $29.99, right? Riiight?! Riiiiiiigggghhhhttt????!??

If not...

BWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAAAAA

lol@MadCatz ... MAD indeed

News Comments > $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced
36. Re: $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced Jan 6, 2015, 16:54 CJ_Parker

Darks wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 15:30:
Is there really any reason to spend that kind of money on a sound system or headset? I have a Logitech G35 Wireless and it does everything I need it to do its full on 7.1 surround and I didn't pay an arm and a leg to buy it.

Seems really pointless to spend that kind of money on a sound system.

Depends. I'm also quite happy with a Logitech G930 wireless headset and it's decent enough for my current situation.
My situation is living in an apartment with neighbors above and below me who probably wouldn't appreciate if I cranked up the gaming sound with lots of "ooooommmmppphhhh" and "booooommm" and "wwwwaaaahhh" and "uuuurgggghhhh".

If I would be living in my own house, however, I'd switch to a really decent oomphy 5.1 surround system, for both PC and TV, in a heartbeat.
Even though I've gotten used to wearing a headset well enough, I still wouldn't really consider a headset, not even a wireless one, comfy by any stretch of the imagination.
It would be awesome to just be all free and turn up the volume of e.g. a Teufel Concept E450 5.1 system for some serious quality sound in gaming.
If I had the choice, it'd be no contest.

So, yes, I believe there is definitely a viable reason to care about a really decent and expensive sound system if you happen to live in an environment where you can take advantage of it (own house, parents' basement, garage, whatever...).

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Film Dated
10. Re: Assassin's Creed Film Dated Jan 6, 2015, 16:17 CJ_Parker

Task wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 15:37:
Uh, does it have Altair in it?

NO CUZ DESMOND MILES IS DEAD!

News Comments > $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced
18. Re: $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced Jan 6, 2015, 13:52 CJ_Parker

500 bucks for this piece of plastic junk?!? They gotta be fucking kidding...  

News Comments > Far Cry Poll
31. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 18:35 CJ_Parker

Spektr wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 16:49:
This said FC with dinosaurs or FC with cowboys.. I feel there hasn't been a decent FPS in those genres yet so I think those are good ideas to explore

Dude, cowboys... Call of Juarez, not Gunslinger and not The Cartel, but the original one and Bound in Blood with Billie and Reverend Ray. Play 'em. Good shit.

As for dinosaurs, I can't think of a decent game either. Turok was also on PC but except for the decent gfx (3Dfx Voodoo FTW IIRC) I found it meh-ish. And then there was a Tomb Raider part with some T-Rexes (Legend?) but that's about all I can remember.

It's probably not that interesting or easy from a technical and gameplay perspective though.
Dinosaurs are huge so you have a problem with performance (if you make a very detailed model), animations and you need to make a huge creature that's pretty damn agile in order to avoid players from being able to circle-strafe around the mob. A huge agile dino is bound to look kinda silly, not scary.
Finally, due to its size, it's also way too easy to hit so how do you make that realistic and challenging? It's hard... unless you do something silly and turn every fight into a heavily scripted boss fight where you have to hit the dino in its right eye but only when it wiggles its tail at the same time as it stands on its left leg. Scripted. Stupid. Silly.
They should probably only go with dinos for a FC3 Blood Dragon kind of over the top silly game but not a more serious FC5. Or solve some of the issues above by going with small agile raptors for the most part but then it wouldn't be a true Jurassic Park thing.

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
56. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 3, 2015, 16:38 CJ_Parker

Quboid wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 14:20:
Kajetan wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 12:33:
Quboid wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 11:33:
Do you expect whatever modules that they are working on at that time to get finished, and for most of the promised (supposedly funded but at that time undelivered) content to eventually see the light of day?
The modules they work on will see a release. Because the developement of these modules with a certain feature set is already funded.

If the speed of funding falls away quite quickly, any significant delay in development will force them to cut features - which would reduce confidence and therefore funding further.

It's been mentioned by CR that if funding should go full stop all of a sudden, they supposedly have an emergency plan that would let them wrap up development with the existing funds and still deliver a game.

The chance of a significant delay is, in my opinion, very high. Many developers with lots of experience face delays and there are a great many things that can go wrong even on much less ambitious projects. Only time will tell how many problems they have and how they're able to deal with them.

Well, we're already deep inside delay land. Originally the full game (the so called "full vision" as per CR which was supposed to cost $23 million) including Squadron 42 in its entirety (not just a first episode), the PU, private servers, the whole nine yards, was scheduled for release in late 2014!
That obviously hasn't happened at all. We'll be lucky if the first episode (ten missions or so) of Squadron 42 really arrives this year and isn't delayed into 2016.
And the PU, as promised with the 100 star systems to explore at launch, is far, far away.

They have also recently hit a major roadblock when they figured out that the CryEngine must be rewritten to support 64-bit double precision in order to support the large space levels. Now, why no one had figured that one out at the beginning of development or at least within the first year or so, even though they have always had actual Crytek people on board full time, is probably a case for Sculder & Mully. Seriously. What a bunch of incompetent dumbshits.
This engine rewrite is currently still ongoing and should be finished by about March IIRC. Should be interesting to see how that will affect Squadron 42 or the first PU release.

I predict that they will have to make some pretty major cuts. Even if the money holds up, some of the things that they've promised just aren't going to be very good or aren't technically possible. In a normal project these features never see the light of day so no one is the wiser but in Star Citizen, some people will get upset.

People would -rightfully so- get very upset indeed. No one was holding a gun to CR's head and forcing him to cough up all sorts of unrealistic shit. Star Citizen will be judged by its feature list as per the pledge campaign and every single stretch goal. They better deliver on all fronts because people were enticed to pledge more by every single promise of even greener pastures. Failure is not really an option. Not for this project.

2129 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo