Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1569 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PTR Patch
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PTR Patch Jun 29, 2013, 19:31 CJ_Parker

Julio wrote on Jun 29, 2013, 19:22:
I'm sure it's making more money than it costs to run the servers, but it's probably still close to 100 million down the drain. I'm sure they didn't recoup development and marketing costs.

OK then let's hear your detailed analysis on how this game ended up 100M in the hole. Since you're so sure about it it should be easy enough so go right ahead...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Todd Hollenshead Leaves id
18. Re: Todd Hollenshead Leaves id Jun 27, 2013, 02:37 CJ_Parker

MWWWWWAAAAAHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHA... you fucker are fired Sir.... mwwwahahahahahhahahahaha...  

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Invite Glitch
18. Re: BF4 Alpha Invite Glitch Jun 26, 2013, 19:42 CJ_Parker

EA and a glitch? Un-fucking-thinkable!  

News Comments > Beamdog: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Pulled By Atari
2. Re: Beamdog: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Pulled By Atari Jun 25, 2013, 21:35 CJ_Parker

I know that the usual tards are going to blame this on Atari but what I am really asking myself is how stupid does Beamdog have to be?
With a loaded IP like Baldur's Gate how did they NOT get a written letter of consent from every single party that's been involved with the IP before beginning any work on enhancing anything at all?

That should have been the first order of the day during the planning phase. Cover your bases. All of them. Get written letters of consent and waiver declarations with regard to any legal pursuit of copyright violations or infringement. Get 'em from Atari, from WotC, from Infogrames (= Atari EU), from BioWare, from Obsidian, from Interplay, every-fucking-one. Then, and only then, start working on enhancing BG.
It is outright astounding or actually plain dumb that they apparently failed at legally securing their work properly. WTF?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 24, 2013, 18:43 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 17:35:
Google = $800 per share. Apple = $400 per share. MS = $30 per share. Oh yeah, I'm sure the shareholders must be just giddy about that.

Not to be rude but that really is extremely dumb, bordering on outright retarded, to even make that comparison by stock price. You may want to get at least the ever so tiniest little clue about stock companies before more completely uneducated, stupid crap spews out of your mouth that makes you look like a preschool kid trying to talk economics.
Your logic is like the fastest animal has got to be the giraffe because it has the longest legs. Yes. It is actually that dumb. Seriously.

News Comments > Star Citizen - Life Time Insurance Last Chance
42. Re: Star Citizen - Life Time Insurance Last Chance Jun 22, 2013, 22:35 CJ_Parker

Flatline wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 22:18:
Now, after all these months of updates, I'm seeing I was kind of a sucker to be an early supporter (which is a laugh because the game isn't even out yet). Every update seems to be "here's another ship you can buy! Limited time offer!" or bucking to up your contribution.

It might help if you would actually read the updates. Here's what Chris Roberts said on the current 300i promo with some highlighting done by yours truly...
As always, we are doing these promotions as way to bring new people into the community – the Aurora promotion managed to bring in three times the amount of people to the game that were previously joining and almost 70% of the dollars raised came from new backers which was great! If you are an existing backer please pledge because you want to support the game’s development and our quest to make this the first fully community funded AAA game and not because additional ships are necessary for the experience. You will be able to acquire all of these craft and upgrades in the finished game using in-game credits.

News Comments > Star Citizen - Life Time Insurance Last Chance
32. Re: Star Citizen - Life Time Insurance Last Chance Jun 22, 2013, 21:51 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 20:55:
So where is this information on SP you guys keep touting, I haven't seen anything in print anywhere that spells it all out in black and white. You're just saying what you think it'll be.

Dude, I have a question for you: Quit being st00pid!!11

OK, seriously, it ain't rocket science and if you would have followed the development of the game you'd know what it's like. A quick look at the stretch goals would actually be enough.

The single player campaign Squadron 42 will be the non-mandatory, optional entry to the universe. If you play and finish the optional single player campaign first then you'll enter the official RSI-run persistent universe (PU) at "Citizen" status with a starter ship and some credits to make a living in the official PU.

If you don't play the single player campaign then you can still play in the official PU but you will have to earn "Citizen" status through other as of yet undisclosed means and the current plan seems to be that you do not have your own ship at first but you fly other people's (NPCs) ships as a gun for hire (or trade vessel jockey or whatever floats your boat).

If you do not want to play the single player campaign and you also have no interest in the PU then your 3rd option is to play in your own PU where the game will install the server and the client stuff to the same machine for you to go sandbox.
And finally your 4th option would be to join a player-run PU where someone runs their own server with mods and their own rule set.

Or short version - you have all of these options:

1) Play the optional single player campaign
2) Join the official PU and explore the galaxy
3) Join a non-official community-run PU and explore the (modded) galaxy
4) Be a hermit, don't join anyone and run the PU on your local machine for sandbox play

News Comments > Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2
20. Re: Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2 Jun 20, 2013, 03:54 CJ_Parker

Sempai wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 02:19:
I sure to love a guy who doesn't pull any punches.

Honesty is the best policy.

/agree

If I were gay I'd propose to Hines for gay marriage

News Comments > Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2
19. Re: Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2 Jun 20, 2013, 03:52 CJ_Parker

finga wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 22:59:
Where were these quality standards when Rogue Warrior was in development? Or Brink? Or WET?

Or did the failure of those games lead to these standards?

These are questions that you could very easily answer for yourself if you had a brain.
Hines is specifically talking about money and time investment with regard to Prey 2 so it should be pretty easy for anyone with more than one brain cell to deduce that Rogue Warrior and Brink and WET met Bethesda's standards in the time/money invested vs. outcome department.
This is called logical thinking by the way. Depending on your age you may yet develop these mad leet brainy skillz. Actually I hope for you that you are a young whippersnapper!

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
81. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 19:57 CJ_Parker

DangerDog wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 19:52:
and if that Steam article is accurate we may get to share our game library soon.

You mean select titles from the library (probably from indies mostly at first) since there is absolutely no fucking way that all of the big publishers have given Valve a general thumbs up on sharing.

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
47. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 19, 2013, 09:13 CJ_Parker

DangerDog wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 03:22:
I haven't been keeping up with the graphics card wars but isn't AMD generally a better buy over Nvidia right now?

Fuck no. Titan > GTX 780 > GTX 770 > AMD 7970GE

And with nVidia you usually get better drivers, better compatibility, less power draw -> less heat -> less noise, more features (PhysX, Adaptive vSync, FXAA etc.) and just generally the MOAR AWSUM package!

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
9. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 18, 2013, 21:05 CJ_Parker

Fine with me. If they are begging for less revenue, they can have it. If I will buy any EA/Frostbite games at all then I might try before I buy to make sure it runs on my nVidia hardware. Or I'll wait for Steam sales to make sure that nVidia has had enough time to optimize their drivers.

What I will definitely NOT do:

1) Preorder or buy at full price any games of EA that are based on Frostbite.

2) Buy AMD hardware (unless, of course, through some act of magic they become the leader in performance, power consumption, compatibility, drivers, low heat output, silent ops and feature richness).

_|_ + LULZ @ EA+AMD

News Comments > FreeSpace IP Sold for $7500
29. Re: FreeSpace IP Sold for $7500 Jun 7, 2013, 18:14 CJ_Parker

Awesum. So now Interplay finally has another IP they gonna care fuck all about
I mean 7.5K sounds like a steal on paper but spending 7.5K on nothing is still retarded. Open toilet, throw seven grand in the bowl, flush. Good job, Interplay. We're all really fucking proud of you champs!

News Comments > Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar
29. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 15:07 CJ_Parker

HAHAHAHA... MUUUUAAAAHAHAHHAAAA... sorry but I actually think this is funny as hell. I wish I was the dude at Eidos responsible for this troll bomb. Don't think I could stop jerking off all night reading all of these stupid 'OMG nooo iz only fer tabloids!!!11" posts.... BWWWAAAAHHAHAHA... hilarity on a whole new level  

News Comments > EVE Online DDoS Attack
7. Re: EVE Online DDoS Attack Jun 2, 2013, 17:06 CJ_Parker

... and the WHO sighed in relief as thousands of hardcore gamers finally changed their soiled diapers for a fresh pair  

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced
9. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced May 30, 2013, 10:30 CJ_Parker

HAHA Titan, GTX 780, GTX 770... nVidia is on a roll while AMD... not so much  

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback
32. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 15:01 CJ_Parker

bilzzrad r teh suXX0r!!!111  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation May 22, 2013, 10:35 CJ_Parker

Retarded crap console is retarded  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 19, 2013, 16:47 CJ_Parker

Julio wrote on May 19, 2013, 16:01:
Here's everything I need to know about Windows 8.1...don't install it

w0rd. Win 8.1 looks absolutely horrible. It would be so easy for Microsoft to improve upon Windows 7 with a few simple steps:

- Either gives us back our old quicklaunch bar or copy a concept like RocketDock so we can keep a clean desktop but still access our program shortcuts quickly and smoothly. Drop the horrendous super-taskbar or whatever the hell you like to call that retarded mess.

- Make more use of the status bar (the way it used to be back in the day!). There's so much info they could display at the bottom of the screen when showing a folder. Like the folder size, how much % it is of the disk space, the free space on the drive and so on...
Instead I have a 1440p screen with a mostly grey status bar that takes up a huge amount of space on the bottom and only displays "15 items". What a waste of valuable screen estate. They could let us choose to display so much more useful info down there.

- General improvements to Windows Explorer... why do we have to use so many 3rd party tools for simple stuff like (batch) renaming of files etc.? Over the years they should have turned Explorer into a perfect file management tool but instead it's only gotten more tedious to handle folders and files.

Or generally speaking: Look at Windows 7 and don't "fix" what ain't broken. Take a deep, hard look at usability improvements, at convenience features and UI improvements but who the fuck's idea was it to go tablet-style for desktop PCs just because tablets happen to be en vogue? Fire that fucking retard and start over, kthx!

News Comments > Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming
13. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 11:09 CJ_Parker

Ummm... yay?  

1569 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo