Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 2256 (Senior)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches
6. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches Apr 10, 2015, 12:21 CJ_Parker

Axis wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 11:47:
I'm gonna wait for a few months before I play through, game needs to mature in many ways and I want to *really* enjoy it.

^ this ... QFT & QFE

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
9. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 12:17 CJ_Parker

25 hours is still amazingly long for a real speedrun. Most of the "huge" Elder Scrolls games can be finished in three to five hours (Morrowind/Oblivion*) or 40 minutes (Skyrim) so 25 hours is an epic "speedrun" by comparison.

*Oblivion can actually be done in just over 10 minutes if you use a falling through the world bug but the more realistic speedruns seem to be in the five hours range.

News Comments > Larian Plans Annual Releases
2. Re: Larian Plans Annual Releases Apr 9, 2015, 19:26 CJ_Parker

Same here, man. DKS was fookin' awesome. If they would alternate releases between a DKS-like game and a DOS-like game and then a DC-like game every year then that'd be pretty sweet (though I wouldn't personally be that interested in a DC-like game but 2/3 good years is still more than good enough).  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 9, 2015, 19:20 CJ_Parker

Must be pretty frustrating for the WingMan to see Star Citizen easily generate a million or more in a weekend of concept ship sale while he's struggling to make about half that in 30 days.

If I were him, I would seriously reconsider, even if they barely make it. If you subtract the people who only pledged for this based on Eric's SC contributions, then you're left with mighty little interest in the concept. I mean minuscule really...
I don't see how they would be able to build a longer term successful business model around it.

Nah, man. Scrap it and start from scratch. They got Rob Irving. Make a Strike Commander sequel. You know, like Strike Commander in space in the Descent/FreeSpace setting (not necessary but since they got the license might as well use it) where you manage a mercenary squadron aboard a carrier in an epic story-driven campaign that's full of choices & consequences. Strike Commander, just even better. Do it.

News Comments > Age of Empires II Expansion Plans
3. Re: Age of Empires II Expansion Plans Apr 9, 2015, 14:14 CJ_Parker

So Microsoft's idea of supporting Windows PC gamers is to cheat them out of modern games like Tomb Raider via (at least timed) exclusivity deals and rip them off via DLC for their decade old games. Now that's nice. I can hardly breathe because of all of the TLC we are receiving here. Please stop it Microsoft. You're suffocating us with your heaving bosom of love!  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 8, 2015, 16:48 CJ_Parker

BitWraith wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 14:39:
I don't think 600k is enough to make this game, either.

Dude. How many more times does this need to be said? In the vast majority of cases, the money raised on KS never covers the entire budget. Instead, the devs take that money and show it to investors (their bank, VC, friends and family, whoever) to make a case for further/full funding.
I can't think of many crowdfunding projects where the money raised covered development in full. Those are very, very, very rare exceptions like Star Citizen, maybe Torment and... well, what else? I doubt that Obsidian was able to cover all of PoE due to the delays.
We're really talking exceptionally super-extra-rare when it comes to full funding via crowdfunding.

That said, re Descent Underground, I'm wondering where this project would be at without the Eric "WingMan" Peterson and Star Citizen bonus. It would probably tank really, really hard (even harder). I mean I always said I'm done with KS because of many disappointing events but even I pledged $30 here just out of sympathy for the WingMan and Michael "Viewmaster" Morlan and also Rob Irving of Strike Commander fame. Usually I wouldn't have pledged a penny and I've seen many comments from people saying they only pledged for similar reasons, i.e. not the game but the people. So really curious where this would be at without the personal stuff involved.

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2015, 16:54.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed
27. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 8, 2015, 16:32 CJ_Parker

Yes. Chopped up content.

Or how else would you describe the FACT that they have now announced at least 18 DLCs? 16 smaller DLCs to be released over the course of three months and 2 major expansion-type DLCs as part of this pass. And that may not be it, of course. There will also be many patches and maybe even more smaller DLCs so we're looking at many, many downloads before this game nears completion.

Sorry but this approach strongly discourages me from preordering or a day of release purchase. I'd rather wait until I can play the full, complete experience. I also have a hunch that the two expansions might be more along the lines of add-ins rather than an add-ons due to the vastness of the game world.
So, yeah, wait and see until further announcements are made. Wait for the definitive version to be released. The Witcher is a special series (to me) and I'm not gonna play some half-assed version of Geralt's final trilogy appearance.
There is only one chance for first impressions and I want the game to impress the living fuck outta me. When it's done...

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed
6. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 19:19 CJ_Parker

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 18:40:
I'll wait for the Extended/Director's Cut/Whatever The Fuck Else They Decide To Call It to go on sale for $15.

Same here though I might actually get that definitive version for full price depending on the reviews. Best possible experience and all that. I hate this chopping up of content piecemeal crap. Probably no Witcher 3 for me before 2017 for this reason but who cares. Game ain't goin' nowhere...

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed
6. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 19:13 CJ_Parker

Boring. Next.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 6, 2015, 15:22 CJ_Parker

2020 is basically around the corner and covered by existing roadmaps. "Magical" glimpse into the future, my ass. Retarded clickbait I did not even click so try again you dipshits.
They should try to predict at least 2025 or 2030 if they want to make an impression with "magical" Nostradamus skillz.

Buncha incompetent assholes.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Tabletop & Card Games Planned
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity Tabletop & Card Games Planned Apr 6, 2015, 04:46 CJ_Parker

Just check the official forums. There are (partially were after the patches) at least a dozen showstopper bugs that prevented any progress and dozens of gamebreaking bugs like the infamous stat bug, disappearing items or animal companions, invincible monsters, unlimited XP gain and all other sorts of seriously annoying crap.
Obsidian themselves have even made a "known issues and workarounds" thread for your perfect bugfree game but it's cool that you know the game better than its developer. /golfclap

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2015, 03:33 CJ_Parker

Rigs wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 23:58:
Though it's not on the list...yet...I wish they would have a sale for Elite: Dangerous...$60 is just too much with too many unknowns. At least have a bench demo so we can see how our systems will perform!

Dude, ED is very easy on hardware and very customizable from low end graffiXX to 4K and beyond. Any half-decent rig of the past five years or so should be able to handle the game at 1080p and high/max detail. It's not a resource hog by any stretch of the imagination. If there ever is any stuttering at all, then it's usually network latency from the always online requirement.
But I'm quite sure they'll have a demo or trial at some point. The tutorial parts of the original backer beta would make for a good demo. They'd just need to add more helpers to it, polish it up some and it'd be good to go. I'm pretty sure that this is WIP at FD.
So you might as well wait for something like that to happen or the next Steam sale (summer sale at the very latest).

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Tabletop & Card Games Planned
7. Re: Pillars of Eternity Tabletop & Card Games Planned Apr 6, 2015, 03:21 CJ_Parker

For those of us who were supposed to be getting the first expansion for free due to our pledge level, those fuckers better deliver BOTH parts for free. This splitting in two crap for obscure reasons smells like a really lame attempt to rip off backers by only giving them the first part of the expansion for free and make us pay for the second. Not gonna happen you fuckclowns. I'll pirate part two and every single game they will ever release if they try some lame shit like that.
Probably will do that anyway after this complete clusterfuck of a release riddled with showstoppers and gamebreakers outta the ass.
This shit is worse than Ubi even. Ubi might have incompetent QA but these guys appear to have none at all. Code, compile, release, who gives a fuck = Obsidian's MO since the very founding of the company.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on Steam
5. Re: Elite: Dangerous on Steam Apr 2, 2015, 19:26 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 19:12:
Hmmm, legacy April Fools joke?

Dude? Check Steam. It's actually available for purchase. Fo'realz.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
55. Re: Bah! Apr 2, 2015, 17:58 CJ_Parker

HAHAHA Chrome... might as well send Suckerjerk all your passwords and data in an e-mail instead of using that spyshitware.  

News Comments > Evening Previews
26. Re: Into the Black Apr 1, 2015, 13:00 CJ_Parker

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 02:21:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 02:12:
Can't you sell your ship on ebay?

Potentially. I've been screwed in the past selling things online so I haven't done anything like that for a very very long time.

How do you get screwed as the seller? Not really possible unless you are extremely dumb. As the buyer I can see getting cheated because you need to rely on the seller keeping their promise to transfer whatever you bought.
But as the seller you are in control. You only transfer upon full receipt of the funds and if it is a PayPal account, I usually make sure to transfer the funds immediately to my bank account so the money can not be withdrawn ever again in case the other party makes a case with PayPal (too late, buddy).
Anyway, I have sold quite a few of my SC LTI packages on eBay for about 100% profit each (before fees). Zero problems. I'm the seller, I'm in control, I dictate the terms under which any transaction takes place.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. "Fans Have Dropped $77M on This Guy's Buggy, Half-Built Game." Mar 31, 2015, 19:36 CJ_Parker

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

I bet theyarecomingforyou is sporting wood now.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
54. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 31, 2015, 12:29 CJ_Parker

Fuck the publi... oooh...  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
15. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 12:25 CJ_Parker

Shit's too long, man. Too fuckin' long...  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
17. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 11:25 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 10:35:
Illumin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 10:26:
I backed 3 ships more for lifetime insurance than the ship(s) itself. Why? Because I don't want to feel obligated to grind for cash just to insure my ship (s) if I want to pirate etc. I know Ill have to pay for weapons and systems again but still better than grinding out a monthly quota to pay for insurance. Back when I was in my 20s I didn't mind nerding out for 48 hour marathons of gaming, not anymore though.
I doubt the insurance will be that expensive.

Lifetime insurance is a minor perk for early backers (well, and everyone else who got it due to CIG's inconsistent and lying scumbag behavior ("it will never return" ... six months later "LOLZ ya rly believed that shit did ya??!!") ).
Ben Lesnick of CIG has gone as far as saying repeatedly -on video even- that "it [LTI] does not matter". His exact words.

And it won't be monthly either. The minimum standard hull insurance deal covers six months. In addition you'll be able to buy generous packages like 12, 24 months etc. and AFAIK it has been confirmed that insurance time only ticks away when you actually play and is calculated in game time which moves at the factor of 12x compared to RL so even the basic six months package means you're good for 360 hours of RL play time. 360 hours, dude. Minimum.

You'll probably need to run a mission or two for half an hour to an hour in those 360 hours to make the credits for another six months.
In reality it'll just be pocket change to be deducted from your in-game account when the renewal is up. It's not even an inconvenience. It's a super-minor credit sink you'll not even notice.

2256 Comments. 113 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo