Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1446 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Videos
13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Videos Jul 18, 2012, 13:22 CJ_Parker

You don't want into the beta because I will annihilate you. You spawn - you die. Capisce?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Videos
5. Re: PlanetSide 2 Videos Jul 17, 2012, 20:23 CJ_Parker

HAHA I'm gunnah death from above style bomb the fucking shit out of yallz asses when this game goes live, n00bz!!1  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Glitch Ends
18. Re: And... Jul 16, 2012, 12:38 CJ_Parker

morose wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 11:27:
This is a great example of why I have stopped buying Ubisoft games. I drop somewhere in the neighborhood of $120 on games a month... mostly on the latest and greatest stuff coming out. But Ubisoft could come out with something that was the gaming equivalent to the second coming of Christ, and I wouldn't blink.

Bullshit! Every single one of you DRM-scared pussies is gonna bend over for Watch Dawgs .

News Comments > EA Shakeup Rumor
30. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 12, 2012, 07:04 CJ_Parker

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 22:55:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 21:08:
What? If investors do actually believe that Riccitiello is at fault for the falling share prices then EA's stock will rise tomorrow, not fall.
That didn't happen the last time. The last time the stock price dumped nearly $3 over a 2mo period, and is down nearly $7 in a 4mo period. Check the market yourself, infact check yesterdays trades, there was plenty of heavy selling with some late day buying of EA stocks up 0.09% in anticipation of tomorrows early buys and later selling.

The last time? You mean the last time they dumped their CEO the stock plummeted? Really? Funny. In my universe Riccitiello has been the CEO of EA for several years now.

News Comments > EA Shakeup Rumor
23. Re: EA Shakeup Rumor Jul 11, 2012, 21:08 CJ_Parker

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 20:38:
Sounds like "whoops moment." Watch for a market dump tomorrow.

What? If investors do actually believe that Riccitiello is at fault for the falling share prices then EA's stock will rise tomorrow, not fall. The stock market is all about expectations, rumors, potentials and what-if shit. Why the hell would there be a "dump" tomorrow? There will only be a dump if the general sentiment out there is that Moore will suck harder than Riccitiello.
And depending on the circumstances Pachter could be in pretty deep shit because leaking inside knowledge that might either positively or negatively affect the share prices usually ends in legal action against the source of the leak.

News Comments > Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets
2. Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Jul 10, 2012, 21:00 CJ_Parker

Coincidence Alert!!!

News Comments > The Secret World Launches
6. Re: The Secret World Launches Jul 3, 2012, 12:12 CJ_Parker

Iceberg heading 36 at 2mph
The Secret World heading 216 at 666mph

Crash in 10... 9... 8... 7...

News Comments > SOE Live Tickets on Sale
14. Re: SOE Live Tickets on Sale Jun 30, 2012, 06:36 CJ_Parker

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 18:03:
Co-workers requires a job which he doesn't have.

HAHA you wish! There are in fact some poor lost souls who are doomed to work with me. Sucks to be them but not everyone's life can be a walk in the park. Oh well.. *shrug* fuck 'em. They probably deserve me. Buuuaaahahahahahahahahaaaaa

News Comments > SOE Live Tickets on Sale
5. Re: SOE Live Tickets on Sale Jun 29, 2012, 17:32 CJ_Parker

I feel sorry for every single retard who spends real money to go to an advertising event like this. Honestly, just how dumb exactly must you be to fall for this shit? I'm thinking extremely dumb. Like about as dumb as a slice of untoasted toast. Minus the bread. Which is extremely hardcore dumb if you ask me.

Seriously, this should be the other way around. Their promo show - their problem how to get you to visit it. They should offer first class transportation to anyone who is interested in attending with learjets and hookers and stretch limos and hookers. And champagne until you speak French fluently.

What kind of fucked up world is this where people pay real money to be abused by some grade A assholes straight outta marketing school? Fucked up beyond recognition I'd say. Really now. Sheesh...

News Comments > Risen 2 Demo
17. Re: Risen 2 Demo Jun 25, 2012, 16:49 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 12:37:
You can beat every enemy by rolling around on the floor, some blocking and some hitting when the AI is too slow and confused to figure out the position of the player character. Anyone with half a brain can figure out the AI in less than five minutes and after that you're just flying through the game.

You're contradicting yourself. First you say that you can beat most enemies just by button mashing, now you say that dodging, blocking and timing your attacks is necessary.

No contradiction to be seen anywhere.
Most enemies in Risen 2 are cannon fodder and you can simply click them to death (button-mashing). And every enemy (i.e. even the high level ones) can be defeated with little effort by using cheap hit and run tactics.
There is certainly not much skill involved and no need to make use of some of the neat skills in the game. Dirty tricks for example are plain unnecessary. PB unfortunately missed the chance to make combat more interesting even though they chose to provide the tools for more variety.
Thanks to the retarded AI, however, you will only ever need the left mouse button, the roll-dodge button and the kick button for the giant crabs.
The game lacks the typical measure vs countermeasure approach to combat that would ideally make every skill useful and meaningful. That potential was completely wasted by poor AI and mechanics.

There are a few enemies that can be defeated by just button-mashing. Most enemies cannot because most enemies don't remain stunlocked for long.

Fine. We have very different interpretations of the terms "few" and "most" then. My experience has been that the vast majority of enemies in Risen 2 can in fact simply be clicked to death. Only humanoids, crocs, firebirds and jaguars/panthers require a bit of the (lame and boring) hit/evade/yawn/hit/evade/yawn/hit/evade/yawn "tactics".

On the bright side, at least you're putting some effort into your posts again. Your trolling efforts had been pretty half-hearted as of late.

ya think?!!1?? ya wont mii 2 trollz ur a$$ bettah homie?!?

News Comments > Risen 2 Demo
14. Re: Risen 2 Demo Jun 25, 2012, 10:01 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 22:42:
Learning enemy attack behaviors, timing your blocks, dodges and attacks, managing your cooldowns and positioning your character to avoid being flanked... this is what requires skill and makes the combat interesting.

Wow, that sounds like fun. If only Risen 2 had any of those features then combat in Risen 2 would probably truly be interesting.

Unfortunately it doesn't. At all.

- Enemy attack "behavior" (we need to use a very loose definition of "behavior" to call the spastic random movements of the creatures in Risen 2 "behavior"). Honestly, the AI in this game is simply poor. Just about the only creature where it is fun to wait for the right moment to attack is the giant crab. You need to kick it when it gets on its hind legs and then it topples over for an easy kill.
All other creatures "behave" retarded. Depending on your level of humor it will either bring tears of joy or frustration to your eyes when you watch these poor sobs with their even poorer animations flip-flop all over the place.

- Timing blocks: Yep. Real hard to do. Enemy attacks. You block. Wow. I'm a genius!!! [Sorry but I hate if people make extremely simple things sound like rocket science]

- Dodges + attacks: Again just lame. You dodge and run in circles around the enemy. Yawn. Boring.

- Managing cooldowns: LOL. Overstatement of the year. What is there to "manage"? You are once again making a very simple mechanic sound like much more than it is. All you have to do is keep track of your cooldown on healing (you need to screw up real bad to even require any healing at all) and gun shots. Even the most simple MMOs require fucktons more "management" when it comes to the cooldowns.

- Positioning your character to avoid being flanked: This one takes the cake, throws it in the air and hits a fucking home run. You must be the king of n00bs if you seriously want to call using the movement keys an element that makes combat interesting. ROTFLLAWLERCOPTOR!!!

If you try to button-mash your way to victory, you will die.

100% incorrect. Many enemies in Risen 2 require just that. Button-mashing. You just click them to death. There are very few enemies that require blocking and dodging. I finished the game on hard difficulty. I know what I'm talking about.

That alone makes the combat more engrossing than the combat in Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur, etc.

Bullshit. Combat in Skyrim or KoA is way more fleshed out and polished and much deeper than the combat in Risen 2 since you actually need to use a much larger variety of skills and equipment etc.
Combat in Risen 2 is buggy, laggy and lame in comparison. You can beat every enemy by rolling around on the floor, some blocking and some hitting when the AI is too slow and confused to figure out the position of the player character. Anyone with half a brain can figure out the AI in less than five minutes and after that you're just flying through the game.

But, hey, if you want to make yourself believe that you are the special one because you are among the self-acclaimed elite that "gets" Risen 2 combat then be my guest. For me you are "special" in another kind of sense if you seriously consider yourself special for "mastering" Risen 2's combat system (which takes anyone over the age of four less than five minutes).

Seriously, the extremely poor combat system of Risen 2 has been criticized in just about any and every review on the net and in mags. And rightfully so. There is absolutely no depth to it. It is very shallow and offers very little challenge or variety. Even the boss fights are ridiculously easy. I guess it's OK for an action adventure but since Risen 2 pretends to be a RPG it needs to try much harder next time, i.e. if there will be a Risen 3.

News Comments > Nuclear Union Announced
2. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 22, 2012, 11:02 CJ_Parker

From 1C? $10 says this game will be Starfucked  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer
23. removed Jun 21, 2012, 20:03 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 22, 2012, 08:46.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week
30. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week Jun 21, 2012, 18:49 CJ_Parker

I'd like to stress that my stress level over this non-stress test remains very stressless.

21. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 18:45 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 13:24:
Help. This erection won't go away.

It will go away when me and my nightvision hack are done giving you a lubeless rimjob, pal

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

20. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 18:41 CJ_Parker

HAHA I can't wait to d/l the infrared hack so I can shoot all the n00bs who stumble around in the dark like tards

News Comments > Refunds for Some Korean Diablo III Owners
1. Re: Refunds for Some Korean Diablo III Owners Jun 21, 2012, 11:11 CJ_Parker

can i haz $$$ two?!  

News Comments > Resonance & Demo Released
1. Re: Resonance & Demo Released Jun 19, 2012, 20:38 CJ_Parker

lol@point-and-click gameplay - another game for tards

'nother phat lol@nostalgic pixel-art graphics - that's a pretty creative way to advertise the fact that the graphics are going to look like someone shat on your screen from the inside

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2012, 20:44.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale
1. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 20:36 CJ_Parker

OMFG... MMO rip-off lameness just hit a new all-time low  

News Comments > Diablo III Down for Patching
8. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 12:35 CJ_Parker

Yippie!! More patching issues!! Blizzard for president!!11  

1446 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo