Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1666 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online) Next Month
10. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online) Next Month Mar 17, 2014, 21:17 CJ_Parker

So they're hoping that after the renaming no one realizes it is the same shitty game as before or what?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
65. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 12:34 CJ_Parker

I have a simple fix for y'all: Just don't install this epic piece of SHIT at all. El problemo solvendo capisce!?!  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015
10. Re: The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015 Mar 11, 2014, 15:27 CJ_Parker

Well, the real finished version won't be out before the inevitable Enhanced Edition anyway so a few months give or take don't really matter...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $40M
28. Re: Star Citizen Passes $40M Mar 11, 2014, 10:40 CJ_Parker

Flatline wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 23:43:
Future iterations of Star Citizen?

So... they're allocating funds for the sequel?

I think one of my main problems is that the game I originally kickstarted/funded is almost nowhere to be seen any more because it's had more stretch goals added than original features. If I could pull my money out at this point I probably would because I'm just not interested in the game that they're developing at this point.

I agree. In the beginning this was touted as the return of Wing Commander (Squadron 42) and the PU was kind of sounding like a modern Freelancer but now there is so much peripheral stuff like ground FPS combat and lots of micromanagement crap that it seems like the focus is no longer on the space sim elements.
It' more and more turning into a world/universe simulation rather than what many people wanted which was "just" a new Wing Commander (or XWing or Freespace....).
Moar is not always better, Mr. Roberts.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
40. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 23:04 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 20:27:
Task wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 16:16:
Here is a buy guide:

A. Are you a fan of South Park? If Yes, Proceed to B.
B. Are you a fan of Obsidian games? If yes, Proceed to C.

C. Buy.

What if you aren't a fan of either, assuming you don't hate South Park or Obsidian.

Then the obvious question would be: "Why the fuck are you even here commenting on this game?"

News Comments > Morning Previews
12. Re: Morning Previews Mar 4, 2014, 21:49 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 11:36:
InBlack wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:23:
Christ Roberts: "launching the DFM will be akin to launching a major online game"

I swear CR is on an ego trip the size of the Milky Way...

Btw, Braben's DF module for Elite: Dangerous is already available. How about that, Mr. Roberts?

Dude, I love Braben and ED but it's an unfair comparison. Braben was much further along when they had their KS. He also already had (has) a fully staffed studio of 200+ employees when the ED KS was going on.
Roberts had to almost start from scratch. He and a small team (five people or so) had worked on some conceptual stuff and that visualization demo they showed off back in 10/2012 but other than that there was no real team to speak of, no studio, nothing.

It is only logical and natural that Braben & Frontier managed to launch playable code first. It's pretty retarded to make a Braben vs. Roberts pissing contest out of this since neither of them even has their cock out or is willing to unzip even! They have a friendly relationship and they both know that the space sim genre will be best served if both games turn into success stories.
There is zero need to create any artificial atmo of hostility or fierce competition since there is none of that to be seen anywhere except in misguided and uninformed comments like yours on random internet boards.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support
33. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support Feb 28, 2014, 21:47 CJ_Parker

Quboid wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 19:13:
4K is 3840x2160, so 1920x2160 per eye - twice as many pixels as a 1080p screen per eye would have.

How do you expect to get a frame rate at 4K, or even 1440p (1280x1440 per eye)?

Dude. That's why I said "in a few years" . I'm hoping not too long though. I mean with the fast growing popularity of 4K I'd imagine that nVidia and AMD will hopefully try extra hard to crank out VGA cards capable of producing playable FPS at 4K resolution. They've been slacking off long enough.

Also, if you think that I am a little extreme with my 4K requirement then think again and read this article at Ars Technica where the OR head honcho says that in an ideal world he'd like 8K+ *per eye*(!) for a pixel-free experience.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support
26. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support Feb 28, 2014, 14:51 CJ_Parker

Tumbler wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 10:31:
I want to buy a 1080p rift but who knows when that will be out. Really tempting to buy a dev kit model now rather than wait.

What exactly is "tempting" about a shitty experience including screen door effect, motion sickness and a lack of wear comfort? Granted, none of these issues will totally go away with the 1080p retail version but they should be much reduced hopefully.
In a few years I want to try the Rift as well as soon as there are 4K versions (i.e. 1080p *per eye* instead of 1080p divided by two like the first retail kit) but until then I'm finding it easy as pie to wait since the experience is just going to suck with the lesser initial models.

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
51. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 17:49 CJ_Parker

Hombres, from my experience with the official SC forums, it's completely pointless to even try reasoning with Church of Roberts cultists. We have all seen fanbois, we've seen rabid fanbois but nothing, and I mean NUTTIN', even comes close to Church of Roberts cultists. They make O.J. Simpson's lawyers look like fucking amateurs when it comes to defending their MASTER.
Seriously, don't even try. Waste of breath, keyboard strokes and time.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
27. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 13:32 CJ_Parker

Fuck this lame uninspired piece of shit asshole game  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
28. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 13:30 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 09:08:
So, without going into details, I found out yesterday I've come into some unexpected money. And for all of 10-15 seconds, I considered buying an xbone (specifically the titanfall bundle).

Then I was like "na, who am I kidding? I'm not rewarding those fucks."

/cigar
/beer
/hookers
/blow

PC gamers 'round the world are pretty goddamn motherfucking proud of you on this glorious day, son!

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
17. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 13:57 CJ_Parker

Illumin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:47:
Well if people want to buy it then let them, but why would anyone want to buy a starter ship?

Lots of people just "collect" ships by now. They don't even care about purpose or usability. They just buy them.

Other than that I'm not really sure either.
If you decide to play (and finish) the Squadron 42 single player campaign then you will exit the campaign with enough credits to either afford an Aurora or a Mustang so I guess buying a starter ship in advance will just net you more starter credits.
Almost the same for someone who does not play Squadron 42 at all. They will start with the ship from their game package (lowest tier = Aurora) and the Mustang is kind of redundant. Might be nice to have a choice or sell either ship for credits but yes it's fairly unnecessary to have both starter ships.

Wouldn't this be your basic ship that you will be using all the time as a default ship when all others are destroyed?

Not quite the way it works. You're going to always want to insure your ships. Some people have lifetime insurance (LTI - veteran backers) and others will have standard hull insurance (SHI) that's good for a few months or up to a year is the longest contract I believe.
Now whenever you get blown up you respawn at the nearest space station's or planet's med bay with a new ship waiting for you at the landing pad as long as you got blown up in a "common" ship. The starter ships are definitely going to be considered "common".
There may be a waiting time for the delivery of a new ship if you get blown up in a "rare" ship (e.g. Idris Corvette). In that case you are going to have to revert to one of your other (common or rare) ships or rent a ship and run missions either until your replacement is ready or until you can afford a new ship.

News Comments > Risen 3: The Titan Lords Confirmed
4. Re: Risen 3: The Titan Lords Confirmed Feb 25, 2014, 17:05 CJ_Parker

hello newman wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 12:49:
maybe they do a tie-in with the gothic universe this time...

Not gonna happen. The PB devs have stated repeatedly that Gothic and Risen are two totally different entities.

News Comments > THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch
14. Re: THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch Feb 23, 2014, 19:05 CJ_Parker

Overon wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 18:51:
I hope that that picture is not representative of the level design in Thief. Because if it is, that's a disgrace and a step backwards and representative of console level design.

And that would be totally...

[ ] surprising
[ ] expected
[ ] shocking

News Comments > Risen 3 Images Leaked?
20. Re: Risen 3 Images Leaked? Feb 22, 2014, 23:19 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 22:39:
I thought the companions in Risen 2 were very well-done and more interesting than the companions in any of PB's previous games.

Aha companions, not characters in general. Now we're talking. But as you pointed out this definitely has more to do with there actually being a companion system in the Risens compared to the Gothics where there was no companion system worth mentioning. The few times an NPC temporarily joined you in the Gothics can be counted on one hand.
Besides, the only two noteworthy companions in Risen 2 were Patty and Cpt. Steelbeard for as long as he lived.
The cook was boring and only had a very minor role, the nose-picking gnome was Jar Jar Binks gone Piranha Bytes game (= more annoying than anything else for an adult player) and the tribal Voodoo guy & gal had similarly minor roles as the cook. Elric was a DLC-only character with a minor role as stated previously.
Nah. Compared to the Gothics' Xardas, Diego, Lester, Milton, Lares & co all of Risen 2's chars are as shallow as a puddle of piss.

... I liked other changes that PB made in Risen 2. Instead of having only a few armor sets that essentially signified your character's progression into godhood, Risen 2 offered a wide variety of individual armor and clothing pieces that let you better specialize in different skills and attributes.

Agree. Though I wish there had been way more choice. In the end it came down to wearing many pieces of the pirate preorder DLC for a long time and towards the end of the game there was the usual end game equipment. The game failed to force you to really consider your options. But it was certainly better than just one suit, no doubt.

I also liked the addition of skill checks in dialogue, something that was sorely lacking from the previous games.

That was definitely a neat feature in principle but just like many features in Risen 2 kinda half-assed in execution. For example the end of a dialogue line showing the exact number (=level) you needed in a skill was pretty dumb.

If none of the companions from R2 return in R3, I'll be disappointed.

I'm sure they'll be around or part of DLC as with Risen 2. Fun fact from a German gaming mag article: In Risen 3 we get to play a new hero and we'll meet our old hero from Risen 1 + 2 somewhere in the game.
Would be funny if the old hero is going to be a villain or possessed by demons. That would be kinda like what happened with Gothic 4 but now PB doing it themselves instead of being forced to watch what happens with their franchise.

18. Re: Risen 3 Images Leaked? Feb 22, 2014, 22:04 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 17:45:
Risen 2 had some of the most interesting characters of any PB game as well.

You're joking, right? Refresher: The Gothics had chapters. You were stuck in the same relatively small world from the first to the final chapter. Result: You met many NPCs more than once and you built "real" relationships with some of them throughout the chapters. It was also worth talking to every NPC in each new chapter to see if they had anything else to say or if they maybe even had new quests.

In Risen 2 you hopped from one island to the next and with maybe a couple exceptions there was zero reason to ever go back to an island or revisit any NPCs. The vast majority of the NPCs you came across were extremely shallow. They just served the purpose of quest automats.
To add insult to injury one of the very few interesting NPCs from Risen 1, the druid Elric, only made an appearance if you bought the Storm Temple DLC. And even then it was more than disappointing what he had to say and how minor his role was.

No, Sir. Risen 2 had vastly inferior NPCs compared to any of PB's previous games. As far as characters are concerned (and on a few other points such as lore, story, credibility, continuity etc.) PB has been on a very steep downward slope since Gothic 2 NotR.
One can only hope that Risen 3 will reverse that trend but I have more than serious doubts about that because the Risen universe is fucked ever since the weird change of setting and the plot holes from part 1 + 2.

10. Re: Risen 3 Images Leaked? Feb 22, 2014, 14:16 CJ_Parker

Cpmartins wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 12:16:
Same thing for me. Risen even continued where the gothic trilogy ended story-wise.

Wot?!? The only thing that hinted at Gothic's story was that the Gods left the world. Other than that: Where did Gothic have titans and titan lords? Where did Gothic have an all consuming "dark wave" that swept the lands killing everything in its path? Where did Gothic have an inquisition?

Anyway Gothic >>> Risen. Not even a contest. The Risens were severely lacking in inspiration, continuity, consistency, coherence, story, lore, creativeness and technical execution just to name a few of the glaring weaknesses.

I'll buy Risen 3 when the complete edition including all DLC is available as part of a Steam sale in the sub $10 region. And I seriously hope that it marks the end of this horrible series. PB needs to start fresh with a new universe and a more engaging premise in terms of lore and story. Gothic 1 was a masterpiece with the magic prison setting. Wish they'd get creative again and try something new for a new series of games. Please bury Risen, kthxbye!

1. Re: Risen 3 Images Leaked? Feb 22, 2014, 10:43 CJ_Parker

Leaked by the glorious staff of fan site WorldofRisen.de. The images were officially not supposed to be published before 2/25/2014 at 16:00 CET (currently UTC +1).
The site admin of WorldofRisen.de has fired nearly all staff as a result of the leak. Intahnetz drama at its best!

News Comments > Editorial on Kickstarter Communication
1. Re: Editorial on Kickstarter Communication Feb 22, 2014, 10:38 CJ_Parker

That's what happens when you lock up in an ivory tower and decide to only surround yourself with yes-men and brown-nosers. Welcome back to the real world, Schafer. You clown.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
7. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 21, 2014, 20:18 CJ_Parker

Cabezone wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 19:54:
FoV slider is going to be in the final game. Currently you can adjust it in the hangar module with the cryengines console.

Which many not so tech savvy people naturally don't know about so they get sick as fuck from the default 55(!!!) FoV. And CIG could not be bothered to just put the default at 75 or 80 via a simple user.cfg entry in over seven months now. Why is it that so many devs always fail at the really simple and easy stuff?

1666 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo