Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1696 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 27, 2014, 21:10 CJ_Parker

Redmask wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 19:58:
It's no Baldur's Gate

True. It's much better because it doesn't suck like BG does!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DCS: F-86F Sabre Pre-purchases
5. Re: DCS: F-86F Sabre Pre-purchases Jul 27, 2014, 21:08 CJ_Parker

bigspender wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 19:59:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 19:28:
I vastly prefer modern jets. This is a period that's not really on my radar so to speak.
What I'm still wondering about, too, is how they are going to integrate planes like these in the DCS world. It's getting a little weird when choppers (Blackshark, Huey etc.), the P-51 Mustang, the soon-to-be-released FW 190, the F-86 and modern jets like the Su-25, A-10, F-15 and maybe upcoming F-16, F-18, F-22, F-35 etc. are all operating within the same campaign theater.
Even if the WW2 Europe 1944 module is released it will only solve that issue partially because the F-86 still remains as an "alien plane" in between the WW2 and modern period.

I believe the plan is to make a theater/map for each war: WW2, Korean war, Vietnam etc and the Nellis AFB training zone.

Going by the current pace of development that must be scheduled for the year 2525 or something like that, right?
Also I'm not sure if it makes sense to segregate the small hardcore flight sim community like that.
DCS World isn't exactly one of the busiest online platforms on the net and if people get spread out across many different modules it's getting even more lonely for those solo players who are not members of a squadron or guild.

News Comments > DCS: F-86F Sabre Pre-purchases
3. Re: DCS: F-86F Sabre Pre-purchases Jul 27, 2014, 19:28 CJ_Parker

I vastly prefer modern jets. This is a period that's not really on my radar so to speak.
What I'm still wondering about, too, is how they are going to integrate planes like these in the DCS world. It's getting a little weird when choppers (Blackshark, Huey etc.), the P-51 Mustang, the soon-to-be-released FW 190, the F-86 and modern jets like the Su-25, A-10, F-15 and maybe upcoming F-16, F-18, F-22, F-35 etc. are all operating within the same campaign theater.
Even if the WW2 Europe 1944 module is released it will only solve that issue partially because the F-86 still remains as an "alien plane" in between the WW2 and modern period.

News Comments > BioWare Teases Gamescom Shadow Realms Reveal
16. Re: BioWare Teases Gamescom Shadow Realms Reveal Jul 26, 2014, 02:28 CJ_Parker

What's sad about this shit is that if this shit (rightfully) fails to get enough attention they'll cancel this shit and, instead of coming up with some genuinely new cool shit, they'll go back to making old shit that no one wants either.  

News Comments > BioWare Teases Gamescom Shadow Realms Reveal
1. Re: BioWare Teases Gamescom Shadow Realms Reveal Jul 25, 2014, 09:50 CJ_Parker

1st and lame!  

News Comments > Risen 3 Goes Back to Piranha Bytes' Roots
3. Re: Risen 3 Goes Back to Piranha Bytes' Roots Jul 23, 2014, 19:48 CJ_Parker

yuastnav wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 19:29:
PB please, let it go.
Gothic is still my favourite game of all time but it's time to move on...

I agree. This is like the umpteenth time they are trying to "go back to the roots" and are remaking the game that made them great in 2001.

Well, 2001 also wants its animations back by the looks of the video.
And what's up with the water in the scene where the hero was swimming? That looked crappy as hell and 2001-ish, too.

Or the very weird colorization. It looks like they copied some of the colorful stuff from Risen 2 and could not be arsed to adopt it to the "back-to-the-roots" darker and muddier style that they wanted for this iteration. So there's this weird contrast between super-flashy and overly colorful and some wannabe dark&gritty style. The result looks very amateurish.

As for the factions: Sounds like they could not make their mind up whether to have the natives again or the pirates so they went for a mix with the Voodoo pirates. Fuck that shit.
With the exception of Risen 2, it sounds like this is once again the same old crap that PB games have always had. A magic user faction (Voodoo Pirates here), a rogue faction (Demon Hunters here) and a valiant knights faction (Guardians here). Copy&paste job from the Gothics and Risen 1 as usual. Great. Creativity is overrated anyway. Big muzzerfuggin' yawn.

Overall definitely Steam sale material. Wake me up when it's sub $10, kthx.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed
15. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed Jul 22, 2014, 21:43 CJ_Parker

Julio wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 18:47:
They need time to remove content from the current build to ensure DLC is ready for day one.

^ this and fuck them

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name
3. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name Jul 21, 2014, 20:53 CJ_Parker

Fucking amateur clowns  

News Comments > Next DOOM Details Next Year
18. Re: Next DOOM Details Next Year Jul 19, 2014, 18:52 CJ_Parker

Fantaz wrote on Jul 19, 2014, 18:24:
please bring back Quake!

I'm sure they will. Quake 5 MOBA. Almost guaranteed to happen.

News Comments > The Evil Within a Week Early
7. Re: The Evil Within One-Week Early Jul 18, 2014, 20:02 CJ_Parker

Beelzebud wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 11:59:
QuakeCon - The annual convention where Bethesda/Zenimax get a chance to hype their newest offerings!

Wow. Thanks for this in-depth analysis of the event. I bet no one had figured that out for themselves until you, Sir, enlightened us all!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rise of Venice - Gold Edition
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rise of Venice - Gold Edition Jul 18, 2014, 19:59 CJ_Parker

Grab some b00bs, dude. Better than this fo'sure!  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
10. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 18, 2014, 19:26 CJ_Parker

Ummm... for those tits among you who are all like "meh I'm not being entertained and have to find my own way which is bullshit" would you kindly STFU kthx and maybe do some basic research about the Elite legacy?
This game has never been like the Wing Commanders. Elite is sort of like the Elder Scrolls in space where you have to find your own adventure in a huge open world. If you want BioWhore-like every step of the way handholding story-telling then this is not the game you are looking for. Move along.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 18, 2014, 11:04 CJ_Parker

Worthless unless they add what framerates they were getting at 4K. With everything maxed it musta been a slideshow. nVidia and AMD really need to get their asses in motion. It's rarely ever, if ever, been that long between GPU generations that provided a significant boost in performance. High time for a GTX 880 that beats Titan by +50% and some nice price wars so the prices come back down again to the point where the high end parts sell for $300 to $400 MAX.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 10:56 CJ_Parker

Yep. Whoever wrote that article is ONE INSANE MUTHAFUCKA!!

BTW curious why you guys picked on the thermal paste bit. That is actually one of the saner parts of the article because it can be kind of annoying when you have to shift the heatsink around a lot and you just know that the paste has gotten smeared all over the place and you wonder whether it's still enough and all that.

There is some MUCH crazier shit in that article though. Like how no. 8 and no. 10 are essentially the exact same fucking (non-)issue. Or this bit about anti-static straps:
While I understand that you don't actually need a strap, and that as long as you regularly touch the case to ground yourself you're probably fine, my doubts linger. Every time my PC doesn't quite work like it's supposed to, a tiny part of me wonders if it's because of that one time I jiggled the video card without wearing the strap. I'll never know.

^ LULZ DAFUQ?!?
That "tiny" part of him that wonders must surely be his brain.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $48 Million
14. Re: Star Citizen at $48 Million Jul 15, 2014, 01:08 CJ_Parker

Quick reminder: The current stretch goals are to be regarded as placeholders for what can be and will be achieved with additional funds. They are not a direct representation of "this is what we will do with $1 million".  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2014, 19:08 CJ_Parker

German marketing companies can go and suck some long fucking Bratwurst, man!  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 13:25 CJ_Parker

Quinn wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 12:21:
Darks wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 12:01:
Rattlehead wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 11:06:
Witcher 3 is going to blow this out of the water.

I seriously doubt that.

Hmmm. I don't. I really don't.

Me neither. The Witcher 3 is going to play ball and slam dunk this poor motherfucker.

News Comments > MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; "New Concepts" Coming
17. Re: MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; Jul 10, 2014, 00:26 CJ_Parker

bigspender wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 23:13:
Meh I'll take the ultra detailed aircraft of DCS World any day over FSX

Well, some people actually like to play it peaceful, either all the time or at least for a change, and learning to follow real world flight procedures is a whole world of challenge all on its own.
Besides, if all you're into is system depth, there are add-on planes for FSX that make even DCS' "ultra detailed" aircraft look like toy planes. The PMDG series, for example, or also the Majestic Q400.

News Comments > MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; "New Concepts" Coming
9. Re: MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; Jul 9, 2014, 20:45 CJ_Parker

A serious and 100% accurate (flight model, avionics, weather etc.) civilian flight sim would be the perfect fit for an open source crowdfunded effort since no single company could ever hope to create realistic global terrain and detailed airplanes within any reasonable amount of time.

Not sure what DTG are planning on but can't be anything too serious if it's already scheduled for release next year. So maybe it's just a re-release with Steve's DirectX 10 fixer fully incorporated? Steve's DX10 fix has recently been pulled from the FS Store. Maybe this is the reason...

A fixed up re-release actually wouldn't be too bad. FSX with the right mix of add-ons is fairly close to perfect. If DTG could manage to really get into the FSX source and improve performance for modern systems with multithreading support, fix the dreaded OOM issues and rework the weather engine (so e.g. weather radar works) and ATC then that would be a simmer's dream come true.

This can only be an intermediate solution though. What's really needed is an all new AAA civilian sim that is open for add-on developers so hundreds or thousands of people worldwide can work on such a massive project simultaneously.

News Comments > Gearbox Announces "Hero Shooter" Battleborn
1. Re: Gearbox Announces Jul 8, 2014, 13:11 CJ_Parker

kthxbutno  

1696 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo