Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1404 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > November NPD Results
13. Re: November NPD Results Dec 7, 2012, 09:21 CJ_Parker

My non-medicated (PA got me there ) comment was about the claims of NPD's irrelevance. I strongly disagree with such claims in light of revenues that are in excess of US$2 bn. Just because they don't cover the (without a doubt important and growing) digital market does not make them irrelevant. NPD data is certainly interesting and relevant to those who understand it and those who know how to put it to use.

There is a world beyond the horizon of some kiddies who are online a lot and think that retail is irrelevant when clearly it is not.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > November NPD Results
7. Re: November NPD Results Dec 7, 2012, 05:49 CJ_Parker

Aaah here go the little kiddies again... "but... but... but... I uuuuse Steeeeaaam and I am reeeealllly revellant and all that".

Cute.

No, really. Cute.

But could you kindly shut the fuck up, kids, while us adults realize that revenue in excess of 2+ billion is relevant enough to be covered by the NPD Group (or any other research facility for that matter).
My, thank you very much, kids, and now back to your Count0r Strii!!ke r0XX0r gaming on Steam but try to be quiet, kthx? Cool.

News Comments > "All Hands on Deck" for New Mass Effect 3 DLC
3. Re: Dec 5, 2012, 20:52 CJ_Parker

OMG!! A FUCK WAS GIVEN!!!11  

News Comments > Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days
45. Re: Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days Dec 5, 2012, 20:31 CJ_Parker

If I had a billion $$$ I wouldn't sell them in 15 days  

News Comments > "All Hands on Deck" for New Mass Effect 3 DLC
1. Re: Dec 5, 2012, 20:20 CJ_Parker

Uh OK. And? Does anyone give a fuck?

News Comments > Star Citizen FAQ; System Requirements
13. removed Dec 4, 2012, 18:40 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 4, 2012, 18:51.

News Comments > Steam Big Picture Mode Launches
1. Re: Steam Big Picture Mode Launches Dec 3, 2012, 20:09 CJ_Parker

1st  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
25. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Nov 25, 2012, 21:09 CJ_Parker

I dunno... Limit Theory seems like some kind of experiment to me like...

What is the limit of people's stupidity? How long can a single individual uphold the one-man-show gig and keep the cash pouring in without anyone getting seriously suspicious?

Honestly, guys. Just think about the title of the "game". Limit Theory. Think about the premise, think about what's shown, think it all through... do we really believe in the concept of a single guy being able to work magic out of his ass? Really? Do we?

To tell you the truth I sure as fuck don't.
I, for one, wouldn't be surprised one bit if at the end of the campaign a giant middle finger is flipping us all the birdie at the KS page with a single line posted "EXACTLY HOW FUCKING RETARDED ARE YOU ALL AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH YOU DUMBFUXX?!?".

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's God Game Kickstarter
28. Re: Peter Molyneux's God Game Kickstarter Nov 21, 2012, 19:44 CJ_Parker

Molyneux sold Bullfrog to EA and Lionhead to MS.

450K, regardless of currency, should be pocket change for this guy.

--> This is just a lame attempt to assess the viability of a Populous remake, using KS as his research and assessment tool.

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Reviews
14. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 17:35 CJ_Parker

Gipson wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 17:20:
GameTrailers video review

Thanks for the link. That nails it. $4.99 Steam sale max and only if I'm drunk .

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Reviews
3. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 15:43 CJ_Parker

Ouch. 66% on PC Gamer, 70-ish or 7-ish on a few other high profile sites (Eurogamer, GameSpot). Only IGN is gushing as usual...

Definitely a might check out the inevitable GOTY pack with all DLC included at Steam's Xmas sale 2013 if it is selling at sub $10 by then affair for me.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM
5. Re: Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM Nov 17, 2012, 14:42 CJ_Parker

Wildone wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 14:14:
FU the industry that ignored space sims..obviously there was more than a niche market out there. FU.

Not so fast...

Don't mean to rain on the parade, quite the contrary as I am pretty enthusiastic about Star Citizen myself and backed the project, but I think we need to acknowledge that in spite of the seemingly overwhelming success of this fund-raiser, there are still "only" a little over 60K people who were willing to pledge for this space sim so far.
60K people is nothing. Even 2x 60K is still nothing. Numbers like that mean that we are firmly and deeply in "niche market" territory.

We should not be totally blinded by the success of this campaign. Looking at the whole picture there is plenty of reason for concern. Space sims are a niche (how many people do you know who own a flight controller of some sort?) and will continue to be an endangered species with a serious risk of extinction if CR fails to deliver... which, btw, isn't that unlikely at all.
Reminiscing the Origin and Digital Anvil days, I remember hefty delays and cut features and if you check out CR's bio (on Wikipedia) you can see he definitely has a bit of a hit & miss track record.
He's not the messiah and this ain't the Second Coming.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Far Cry 3
13. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 01:08 CJ_Parker

Sempai wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 00:42:
What engine is this using? Cry3?

Nope. Dunia engine 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunia_Engine

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 4, 2012, 16:47 CJ_Parker

Shut up, Cutter. You're next.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 26, 2012, 18:32 CJ_Parker

DangerDog wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 13:46:
... it's surprising to see Microsoft raise their middle finger at Intel and decide to use an ARM processor instead of an x86 chip.

Uhh how are they raising their middle finger at Intel when only the Windows 8 RT tablets are going to use an ARM CPU while the Surface tablets with regular Windows 8 Pro will be having Intel inside all the way? Get a clue, dude.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus
19. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 09:27 CJ_Parker

I might have actually preordered the game if it was NOT for silly shit like this. Now I definitely won't preorder but will be waiting for the inevitable Steam sale.

News Comments > Quoteworthy
25. Re: Quoteworthy Oct 20, 2012, 17:31 CJ_Parker

If I wouldn't already know that the world is full of tards and morons I wouldn't believe my own eyes looking at this thread where a couple dozen dumbfuck tards of the highest order comment in their dumbfuck retarded way on a quote that has so blatantly been ripped out of context that even the blindest of all moles would see it.

Seriously. This is a new all time low, even for you guys. Well. Gratz, I guess...

News Comments > Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal
24. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:30 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:18:
That's really pretty damn awesome. The sad thing is I am hyped for a game that doesn't come out for 2 years, at least.

Well, they don't officially have two years. The release target is April 2014 which I'd say there is a snowflake's chance in hell they'll actually make it with all of the stuff that has been originally planned and that has now been added on top via the stretch goals.
I believe they would be doing everyone a huge favor if they would announce a more realistic release target ASAP. If the game gets pushed back six months or even more in a year from now it will cost them a lot of good will and reputation. Better review the project now and tell it like it is.
I also think that two years would be the minimum for what they have planned unless the game is going to consist of two directly neighboring big cities with only a stronghold in between and not much else to explore .

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare
13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare Oct 4, 2012, 12:29 CJ_Parker

Tumbler wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 11:08:
I can't shake the feeling that EA would rather shut down this MMO completely before they let it go F2P.

After the latest patch 1.4 that completely fucked up the game your feeling is indeed most justified. They seem to be in the process of killing the game right now. There is no other explanation. When you have a game that is losing subs then dropping a game-breaking patch like 1.4 is like the GTFO patch with a kick in the ass to boot.

News Comments > Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio
5. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 12:22 CJ_Parker

And Austin = MMO Central so this is most likely (like a 100% chance) a studio dedicated to MMO development.
Well, with Vogel at the helm the studio name is going to be very fitting since there's bound to be lots of struggling and crying.

1404 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo