Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1575 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
22. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Mar 31, 2014, 20:59 CJ_Parker

Xero wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 20:46:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 20:38:
I investigated the Star Citizen craze to try to find out what was going on with the millions and millions of dollars of crowd funding and here is a full report of what I found:

1. A bunch of Star Wars Geeks are Star Citizen fan bois
2. Every time Roberts Space Inc Tweets a shiver goes up their legs.
3. Due to the Nerdgasm in the SC forums nothing can be discussed.
4. Every stretch goal makes a million dollars and they produce nothing

So Star Wars Geeks have a nerdgasm and shivers shoot down their legs and apparently money shoots out their buts. That is pretty much the extent of my findings.

After that well apparently the developers add another stretch goal and laugh their way to the bank while smoking crack and loading hookers on their yaughts.

Meanwhile, the game looks like it was made in 1999 with a free engine... Oculus Rift Support please...

Maybe Carmack will come and talk for 18 hours straight...that should get these nerds pumped up to donate $10,000 to become a platinum doner. Seriously...

So your not the only one that thinks these crowd funders are being taken for a ride? Good. This is a frikin scam. I can't believe how many people are falling for it. What game is worth 40 million dollar creation these days? Let me ask, how many people are on the team making the game? Now let's say each person on the team's salary is around 80,000 and I'm being generous, having 10 REALLY SOLID, EXPERIENCED programmers would then eat up 1 million worth of a YEAR salary. Ok, let's double the employees and say he has a team of 20 making each nearly 80,000. Still, that's almost 2million spent per YEAR on their salary BUT not even. WHERE THE HELL IS ALL THE REST OF THE MONEY GOING?!!!!

Ummm you could at least try to get a fucking clue before posting, dude. I'm not a Church of Roberts cultist but when people post dumb shit intervention is required.
Just some quick info: There are currently approximately 200 people working on Star Citizen (only a fraction of them coders... most people are probably involved in art asset creation, modeling, that kind of stuff). There are CIG studios in Austin, Santa Monica, Manchester (UK) and CIG is cooperating with various other studios e.g. in Montreal and in Mexico. This is a very high budget AAA game production.
Whether the end result will be as good as people expect is highly debatable but a scam this is not.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Mar 31, 2014, 20:52 CJ_Parker

[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 20:38:
I investigated the Star Citizen craze to try to find out what was going on with the millions and millions of dollars of crowd funding and here is a full report of what I found:

1. A bunch of Star Wars geeks are Star Citizen fan bois
2. Every time Roberts Space Inc tweets a shiver goes up their legs.
3. Due to the nerdgasm in the SC forums nothing can be discussed.
4. Every stretch goal makes a million dollars and they produce nothing

So Star Wars geeks have a nerdgasm and shivers shoot down their legs and apparently money shoots out their butts. That is pretty much the extent of my findings.

After that, well, apparently the developers add another stretch goal and laugh their way to the bank while smoking crack and loading hookers on their yachts.

Meanwhile, the game looks like it was made in 1999 with a free engine... Oculus Rift support please...

Maybe Carmack will come and talk for 18 hours straight...that should get these nerds pumped up to donate $10,000 to become a platinum donor. Seriously...

^ Fixed that for ya... and dude, seriously, if you repost that shit in every SC thread you could at least correct your typos instead of just c&p, ya know?

19. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Mar 31, 2014, 20:44 CJ_Parker

Chris Roberts really is a smart cookie

Step 1) Promise the impossible and rake in the millions.
Step 2) Figure out that oh shit you have indeed promised the impossible and that you're never gonna make it this century unless...
Step 3) You declare procedural generation as the most ultimate goal and the total solution and sell people on the fact that it's gonna make the game so much more awesome which in turn leads to raking in even more millions.

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Mar 31, 2014, 19:38 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 17:12:
edit: Not googling "loverboy" at work, sorry.

Pussy!

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trademark
14. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trademark Mar 29, 2014, 03:53 CJ_Parker

Deus Ex can properly suck my cock after that retarded stunt they pulled with the Director's Cut and that lame mobile spinoff.

TL;DR: Pass. Next.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 26, 2014, 20:13 CJ_Parker

Quboid wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 10:43:
VR is so separate from Facebook's business that they might actually have the sense to leave it alone for a bit.

Zuckerfuck is not dumping $2bn on some shit to leave it alone.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
24. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 21:12 CJ_Parker

Kosumo wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 21:10:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 21:02:
I wish I could shit down Zuckerfuck's hollow ripped off neck right now

Constipation?

No. Unavailability of Zuckerfuck and his hollow neck.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
20. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 21:02 CJ_Parker

I wish I could shit down Zuckerfuck's hollow ripped off neck right now  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Mar 19, 2014, 16:33 CJ_Parker

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 15:46:
Makes you realize how advanced Galaxies feature set was, even compared to today. Too bad it was run by monkeys. And not even good monkeys.

UO has player housing and it came out YEARS before SWG. I very much agree with the monkey part though .

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online) Next Month
10. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online) Next Month Mar 17, 2014, 21:17 CJ_Parker

So they're hoping that after the renaming no one realizes it is the same shitty game as before or what?  

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
65. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 12:34 CJ_Parker

I have a simple fix for y'all: Just don't install this epic piece of SHIT at all. El problemo solvendo capisce!?!  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015
10. Re: The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015 Mar 11, 2014, 15:27 CJ_Parker

Well, the real finished version won't be out before the inevitable Enhanced Edition anyway so a few months give or take don't really matter...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $40M
28. Re: Star Citizen Passes $40M Mar 11, 2014, 10:40 CJ_Parker

Flatline wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 23:43:
Future iterations of Star Citizen?

So... they're allocating funds for the sequel?

I think one of my main problems is that the game I originally kickstarted/funded is almost nowhere to be seen any more because it's had more stretch goals added than original features. If I could pull my money out at this point I probably would because I'm just not interested in the game that they're developing at this point.

I agree. In the beginning this was touted as the return of Wing Commander (Squadron 42) and the PU was kind of sounding like a modern Freelancer but now there is so much peripheral stuff like ground FPS combat and lots of micromanagement crap that it seems like the focus is no longer on the space sim elements.
It' more and more turning into a world/universe simulation rather than what many people wanted which was "just" a new Wing Commander (or XWing or Freespace....).
Moar is not always better, Mr. Roberts.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
40. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 23:04 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 20:27:
Task wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 16:16:
Here is a buy guide:

A. Are you a fan of South Park? If Yes, Proceed to B.
B. Are you a fan of Obsidian games? If yes, Proceed to C.

C. Buy.

What if you aren't a fan of either, assuming you don't hate South Park or Obsidian.

Then the obvious question would be: "Why the fuck are you even here commenting on this game?"

News Comments > Morning Previews
12. Re: Morning Previews Mar 4, 2014, 21:49 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 11:36:
InBlack wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:23:
Christ Roberts: "launching the DFM will be akin to launching a major online game"

I swear CR is on an ego trip the size of the Milky Way...

Btw, Braben's DF module for Elite: Dangerous is already available. How about that, Mr. Roberts?

Dude, I love Braben and ED but it's an unfair comparison. Braben was much further along when they had their KS. He also already had (has) a fully staffed studio of 200+ employees when the ED KS was going on.
Roberts had to almost start from scratch. He and a small team (five people or so) had worked on some conceptual stuff and that visualization demo they showed off back in 10/2012 but other than that there was no real team to speak of, no studio, nothing.

It is only logical and natural that Braben & Frontier managed to launch playable code first. It's pretty retarded to make a Braben vs. Roberts pissing contest out of this since neither of them even has their cock out or is willing to unzip even! They have a friendly relationship and they both know that the space sim genre will be best served if both games turn into success stories.
There is zero need to create any artificial atmo of hostility or fierce competition since there is none of that to be seen anywhere except in misguided and uninformed comments like yours on random internet boards.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support
33. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support Feb 28, 2014, 21:47 CJ_Parker

Quboid wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 19:13:
4K is 3840x2160, so 1920x2160 per eye - twice as many pixels as a 1080p screen per eye would have.

How do you expect to get a frame rate at 4K, or even 1440p (1280x1440 per eye)?

Dude. That's why I said "in a few years" . I'm hoping not too long though. I mean with the fast growing popularity of 4K I'd imagine that nVidia and AMD will hopefully try extra hard to crank out VGA cards capable of producing playable FPS at 4K resolution. They've been slacking off long enough.

Also, if you think that I am a little extreme with my 4K requirement then think again and read this article at Ars Technica where the OR head honcho says that in an ideal world he'd like 8K+ *per eye*(!) for a pixel-free experience.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support
26. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support Feb 28, 2014, 14:51 CJ_Parker

Tumbler wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 10:31:
I want to buy a 1080p rift but who knows when that will be out. Really tempting to buy a dev kit model now rather than wait.

What exactly is "tempting" about a shitty experience including screen door effect, motion sickness and a lack of wear comfort? Granted, none of these issues will totally go away with the 1080p retail version but they should be much reduced hopefully.
In a few years I want to try the Rift as well as soon as there are 4K versions (i.e. 1080p *per eye* instead of 1080p divided by two like the first retail kit) but until then I'm finding it easy as pie to wait since the experience is just going to suck with the lesser initial models.

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
51. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 17:49 CJ_Parker

Hombres, from my experience with the official SC forums, it's completely pointless to even try reasoning with Church of Roberts cultists. We have all seen fanbois, we've seen rabid fanbois but nothing, and I mean NUTTIN', even comes close to Church of Roberts cultists. They make O.J. Simpson's lawyers look like fucking amateurs when it comes to defending their MASTER.
Seriously, don't even try. Waste of breath, keyboard strokes and time.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
27. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 13:32 CJ_Parker

Fuck this lame uninspired piece of shit asshole game  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
28. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 13:30 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 09:08:
So, without going into details, I found out yesterday I've come into some unexpected money. And for all of 10-15 seconds, I considered buying an xbone (specifically the titanfall bundle).

Then I was like "na, who am I kidding? I'm not rewarding those fucks."

/cigar
/beer
/hookers
/blow

PC gamers 'round the world are pretty goddamn motherfucking proud of you on this glorious day, son!

1575 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo