Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1696 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
5. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 12:25 CJ_Parker

Wildone wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 12:03:
And you can DEFINITELY see where the last 5 million of funding went on this awesome commercial, becus it is-AWESOME! lel

Yes, it's really getting out of hand. The fanbois will tell you that these commercials are in-game assets and needed for the game anyway which is sort of true BUT something like this is something you'd put in at the last minute or maybe even post-launch because the only functionality that's really needed is that you can buy the ship from an in-game ship dealer. A commercial is just fluff.

They should be working on gameplay systems. They should be up to their ankles in Squadron 42 and PU work. They should not be at Gamescom. They should not be working on advertising assets for MOAR SALES (the original budget estimate by CR was $20 to $25 million - we're at TWICE that now). The sole focus should have been lying on the core game ever since we hit $25 million. Instead we are getting... this.

Oh, and they are pulling off the "limited" trick again, too. One of the Connie variants (the most expensive Phoenix variant ofc) has been limited to 5K in this sale. So they are once again creating a pretend urge to get one even though it will be available in-game.
I'm an original backer, golden ticket holder, $1K+ pledger because I wanted to help them make the most awesome space sim ever (especially Squadron 42 as a return of WC, Privateer and Freelancer).
I used to be a HUGE fan of this project in the first few months but now I'm just disgusted by how CR has turned this into a money making scheme. The guy's greed appears to be infinite.
To say it has been ruined would be hyperbole but for me this franchise has already been majorly tainted before it's even really started to get off the ground. What a shame. This could have been good...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Risen 3 Rises in EU
7. Re: Risen 3 Rises in EU Aug 16, 2014, 02:04 CJ_Parker

Icewind wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 22:45:
Neilsouth wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 13:44:
If you're interesting in buying this game..

Crap combat and bad camera, such as stun lock/camera getting stuck behind objects and your character can also get stuck.

Gameplay wise, graphics and sound is pretty good.

It's a 7/10 game with shit combat but worthy of a buy, way better than Risen 2

How are you getting stunlocked? I don't get that. I've spent 25 hours in the game so far and the combat is so smooth, so satisfying and so easy that I WISH they would remake gothic 1-3 with this same system. It's that fluid and simple.

It's the first Piranha Bytes game where I haven't slammed my fist on the keyboard due to cheap deaths.

You must be playing a completely different game from everyone else then because this is the first really positive comment I've heard about the combat. Even the usual PB fanbois acknowledge that the combat is crap and unbalanced (at times too hard against trash mobs and way too easy against some of the XP heavyweights). The only term that fits is "easy" because it is indeed mind bogging stupid easy if you play it safe. Hit, roll, hit, roll, hit, roll, ... yawn... snore... what?... oh yes, I'm awake, why, no, really, I am... zzzzz...

News Comments > Arena of Fate Trailer
4. Re: Arena of Fate Trailer Aug 15, 2014, 17:24 CJ_Parker

Dat shit ain't gonna save no asses, man  

News Comments > Risen 3 Rises in EU
3. Re: Risen 3 Rises in EU Aug 15, 2014, 17:18 CJ_Parker

At the very best a filler between now and DAI, PoE (backer beta), Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation and Lords of the Fallen which should all come out within the next six to eight weeks.
But it's too expensive for a filler so... NAH FUCK OFF .

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox-clusivity "Has a Duration"
1. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox-clusivity Aug 13, 2014, 13:25 CJ_Parker

They can shove "duration" up their collective dirty assholes!  

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
12. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 10:30 CJ_Parker

HAHA another piece of shit in the making.  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
43. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 22:23 CJ_Parker

Fion wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 17:51:
I'm sure MS payed out the ass in an attempt to give people at least one reason to buy their shitty console, but no amount of money will prevent Square Enix from releasing on all platforms eventually.

Yeah man, I hope so, too. I hope they fucking bleed to death out of their fucking paid-out asshole! Those muzzerfuggerz!!!

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
42. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 21:15 CJ_Parker

Really enjoyed the old and new TRs on the PC so all I can say is what a bunch of fucking assholes! Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves for even allowing this. If they cared even one bit about Windows gaming they should help fund a PC port.
But of course that's crazy talk. They have surely struck a behind the curtains deal here because the Xbone isn't doing as well as they'd like. Fucking shit sacks.
Well, this nails it though. I usually don't pirate games but I'll be damned if I ever spend a single penny on a TR game again. Yarr mateys!

News Comments > Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander
38. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 11, 2014, 13:08 CJ_Parker

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 11:28:
Again you use fictional future events as evidence for your current opinion.

No. I'm using the objective observation of past and current module releases as a prediction of what will happen with regard to future module releases. It's what we call empirical evidence.

And again you undergo a personal attack because he has more patience than you. If you feel burned by the project then next time don't invest over $1k blindly.

Well, you bet. Chris Roberts is never ever going to get any more money from me up front. Only for finished product releases. I have quite considerably contributed to help this project get off the ground. Now it needs to fly on its own.

I'll easily get my money back by the way. I've recently eBay'ed one of my lesser LTI ships as a test balloon to see what kind of money I would get. Well, I got almost twice than what I paid originally and this was only an add-on ship, not a package of which I will also eBay some when the time feels right.
So my $1K was a great investment and I'll end up with more in the bank than I had before I backed. Cool beans.
Thank you, Chris Roberts for all the retarded hype!

35. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 11, 2014, 10:33 CJ_Parker

Theyarecomingforyou is the typical RSI forums Church of Christ Roberts cultist white knight apologist.

Alpha or pre-alpha or not even born yet, it's certainly not "unreasonable" to expect progress AFTER OVER A FULL YEAR.
Because that's how long the hangar has been out now. Instead of progress we've seen the opposite where more stuff has been broken than fixed (like multi GPU support which actually used to work fine and has now gone with the wind and no comment by the devs whatsoever when it will be fixed). But, yay, we got towels and fish! Awesome!

Arena Commander looks to be shaping up similar. Another half-assed module that will shortly be abandoned for the "next big thing" (= reveal) a.k.a the FPS Module, Planetside Module and Social Module, each of which will also be abandoned half-assed for the next following one.

So in the end we're gonna have a bunch of HALF-ASSED modules to "play" with for what will then be considered the release version one day. I can hardly wait!

News Comments > 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades
14. Re: 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades Aug 10, 2014, 15:48 CJ_Parker

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 15:02:
What I have seen of Metro 2033 there is no need at all to update a linear corridor shooter that looked fine already.

True that. If you have a decent system then Metro 2033 looks absolutely spectacular with all the bells and whistles turned on. I don't see a a need for this "Redux" version on the PC either. On consoles it seems to make a huge difference in the visuals but the PC version is already right up there with the best of them.

8. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 10, 2014, 15:41 CJ_Parker

What DangerDog said. They should really focus on a few very elemental issues like:

- Make keys rebindable goddammit
- Add multi GPU support - People with Crossfire or SLI are still SOL unless they disable one GPU
- Add TrackIR support
- Increase the default FoV of the hangar from the sickness inducing "55" to at least "75" or higher. I don't even want to know how many backers this project has pissed off so far because people were vomiting after two minutes in the hangar.
- Add at least some more basic graphics fidelity customization options. At the moment (without manually editing ini/cfg files) you can only change resolutions and set the game to 'Very High' or 'High' etc.
- Work on the shitty graphics quality of the hangar. The ship models look mostly fine but everything else in the hangar sucks. The lighting is way off, textures flicker due to a lack of AA and AF and so on and so on.

You know, polish what you have and don't dump new shit on the pile of old broken shit. Not a good recipe. One very famous game that failed because of this (among many other factors, of course) was Star Wars Galaxies where they kept dumping new content on top of a broken base game. Not good. Share this fate, you must not.

News Comments > Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer
4. Re: Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer Aug 8, 2014, 18:19 CJ_Parker

Gameplay, AI and multiplayer changes aside and just looking at the visuals, I have to say that my Metro 2033 looked exactly like the Redux version. In addition to using the lowest gfx settings, they must have also used all kinds of fuck-up filters to make the game look that bad in the "Original" comparison shots.
So for PC I'm calling bullshit on this redux version. Might be cool for new gen console gamers but unless you're a HUGE HARDCORE fan of the franchise I don't think it's worth considering the upgrade on PC.
Fraud alert. Code red. You have been warned.

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Announced
8. Re: Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Announced Aug 8, 2014, 17:53 CJ_Parker

Free update for owners of the Steam version fuckers or I'm gonna rape you doggystyle in your sleep!  

News Comments > Wings! Remastered Edition Takes Off This Year
1. Re: Wings! Remastered Edition Takes Off This Year Aug 8, 2014, 10:36 CJ_Parker

Wings! Remastered Edition is the easy to play air combat simulation you've been waiting for... no complicated keyboard commands. Just fly and shoot!

Oh yeah? Well, FUCK YOU, TOO!!!

/crawls back to DCS

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
29. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 18:35 CJ_Parker

ViRGE wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 16:53:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 13:13:
Yep. Not even worth pirating. Deep Silver can go and suck a fat one after the Sacred 3 debacle. Fuck 'em.
Huh? What the heck does Deep Silver have to do with this?

They are the ones publishing this shit. And the only reason Crytek is still alive because it was Deep Silver who bailed them out of bankruptcy.

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
17. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 13:13 CJ_Parker

Yep. Not even worth pirating. Deep Silver can go and suck a fat one after the Sacred 3 debacle. Fuck 'em.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands
12. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands Aug 7, 2014, 13:11 CJ_Parker

InBlack wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 10:56:
For a second there I though that CR had announced an expansion for a game that's years away from release. Wouldnt even surprise me. Not one little bit.

An expansion [for Squadron 42] has already been announced during the KS and it will be free for all veteran or original or both sorts of backers... like I give a fuck or could even remember!

News Comments > Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds
16. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 6, 2014, 16:28 CJ_Parker

Colin McRae is dead, man. If that wasn't the first clue that something was fishy about this game then I don't know what was. Retards shouldn't be getting refunds.  

News Comments > Crookz Announced
2. Re: Crookz Announced Aug 6, 2014, 10:43 CJ_Parker

Diz gamez suckz  

1696 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo