Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 2767 (Senior)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Sales Soar
14. Re: BS Nov 11, 2015, 17:13 CJ_Parker

ELITE wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 17:07:
I don't believe it. Everyone I know has cease to care about getting the latest CoD.

Did more kids come of age and start buying it?

Yes, dude. It's hopeless.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Sales Soar
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Sales Soar Nov 11, 2015, 10:36 CJ_Parker

Retarded.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2015, 15:39 CJ_Parker

vacs wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 12:54:
Wake me up when Rise of the Tomb Raider is available for PC... for 15$, because that's all I gonna hand over due this exclusive BS

Same here though I'm even cheaper and I won't buy it before it drops below 10.
Might be a while though... the PS4 version is due xmas next year, right? I don't think that there will be any extreme discounts before the PS4 version comes out. This might be one for the xmas sale in 2017.
No problem though. I have enough of a backlog to easily keep me entertained for the next decade. I can wait. Fuck Microshit.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
44. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 15:11 CJ_Parker

heroin wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 13:56:
Man, you fanboyin'. I like this new one and I liked Fallout 3 too - but this shit lost it's political/literary/cultural relevance once Bethesda took the reigns. That is to say it lost it's cool, it lost it's HUGE FUCKING BALLS. And the Universe has been shedding tears of crystal fire since Black Isle disbanded.

Dude, talk about "literary" and "cultural" relevance.... the school is this way. Please go back and let them teach you the difference between "it's" and "its" before playing any more video games and attributing a ridiculous literary and cultural ("political" is the pinnacle of lol-worthy anyway) relevance to them.

Thank you from someone who is concerned about your literary and cultural state of mind.

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
84. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 10, 2015, 02:03 CJ_Parker

Lorcin wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 23:35:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 21:00:
The PC is already a minority faction

Not sure we are a minority anymore. Latest steam record was what 12m online at the same time?

Just look at the financial reports of Ubi, Actiblizz or EA. The sales by platform always hover between 15% and 25% for the PC. The other 75% to 85% of their business is happening on mobile and consoles.

As for Bethesda, we know that Skyrim must have sold way north of 20 million total copies by now (they said 20 million+ were sold back in January 2014).
According to SteamSpy it currently has ~9.5 million PC owners (it's a Steamworks game so all legit PC copies must be on Steam).
So the PC would be at maybe 40% total sales max (the game has not stopped selling on consoles since 1/2014) but more likely closer to 30% assuming total sales of 25+ million by now.
And that's just units... the average sales price on consoles is probably significantly higher so Bethesda most likely made considerably more revenue from the console versions.

Steam concurrent users logged in is not really a good indication for anything. You could download Steam and just let it run without even owning a game and be counted towards the total users online.
Wasn't there also some stats recently that 90%+ of people on Steam only own a single game?

It is true that PC gaming is generally doing quite well because of the F2P and casual online games where hundreds of millions of $$$ are made from microtransactions but what we are talking about here, i.e. the AAA market, well, that's definitely console land unfortunately and that's why the PC is not getting any love.
If the PC would be the best selling platform then watch publishers support it better. They only have one agenda: Money. If the PC would be where the most money is made then they would change horses in a heartbeat.

67. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 21:00 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 20:45:
Games need to have SLI / Crossfire support out of the box, as enthusiasts tend to buy more games at release and tend to be the most vocal. If the game appeals to enthusiasts then that will create good word of mouth for casual gamers. Unfortunately it seems the PC version was an afterthought, missing even basic features like options for mouse acceleration, framerate limits, FOV and 21:9 resolutions. One has to question the amount of QA for the PC version.

I agree that this should be the ideal goal but if we look at the sad state of reality then Bethesda is selling millions more copies on consoles so it's only natural that they will focus their QA efforts on nailing the PS4 and Xbone versions first and foremost.

The PC is already a minority faction and the enthusiasts with SLI are an even smaller (very small) sub-faction. It may be unfortunate but I can understand that these guys just have to face certain priorities.
What we can and should do indeed is to not reward them with a full price purchase for a crappy port, however.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 9, 2015, 20:45 CJ_Parker

Hahaha more Chris Roberts lies.

At 05:05: "First off, we've been pretty much taking all the money that's been raised and putting it into development as opposed to things like marketing. Essentially everything that we have done in terms of marketing has been completely viral, it's been sort of PR-driven and community driven..."

Yup. Of course, Chris. So attending and/or hosting all those shows like PAX East, PAX AUS, CitizenCon, E3 or Gamescom has cost nothing, right?

LOL. What a clown. As always he just says what the backers want to hear for their weekly warm fuzzy feeling inside "aaawww all my monies goes towards the gaaaammmmeee... soooo.... awesome...".

Pathetic.

64. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 20:12 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 18:46:
SLI is an extremely cost effective way of getting top performance at a reasonable price.

SLI may be a lot of things but that is definitely NOT one of them. You pay +100% and depending on how well SLI is supported you maybe get about +80% performance IF a game has decent SLI support. Many games scale way worse where you only get anywhere from +30% to +50%.
Sure, it's still a nice boost but it's usually not really (cost) effective in any way, shape or form.

I have a GTX 770s 4GB SLI combo in my second computer by the way so I'm talking based on practice, not theory.
My personal experience with SLI has also been mostly flawless. I've had some issues because I have a surround setup (three LCDs) hooked up to my SLI combo but single screen SLI has been smooth sailing.

The GTX 970 cards are great value in comparison to the GTX 980 / Ti.

As a single card it's great value, I agree, but I would not SLI two GTX 970s because of the 3.5GB VRAM thing. It might not be an issue with "ancient" engine games like FO4 but it is well documented that 970s run out of VRAM in quite a few games like AC Unity, FarCry 4 or also the new CoD.

I'll wait for it to drop in price and for them to eventually get around to supporting SLI before I even consider it.

I'd say that should be the standard MO for anyone with a SLI system. SLI can be problematic if you're the kind of gamer who must play every game on release day but it's usually a non-issue if you can wait for patches and updated drivers with the latest profiles.

That also seems to be the reason why you have such a wide range of opinions on SLI. The impatient kids who need to play every game the minute it comes out are bound to have a much more negative experience than people (like me) who buy GOTY or Enhanced Edition bundles on sale a year later when the games are actually finished, drivers more mature etc.

23. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 12:41 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:28:
For AAA games nVidia is really good about releasing drivers well ahead of a game's release. We should've gotten the latest drivers by now. What's the deal?

New game-ready driver 358.91 is available via GeForce Experience. You can not download it from the website at the moment because the "server had an accident" according to a nVidia dude.
Or maybe they are already "testing" the feature where you will only be able to get the latest game-ready driver via GFE Wink .

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2015, 17:23 CJ_Parker

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 14:00:
Seriously, I yearn for the days when Call of Duty was about actual war, with more larger-scale battles.

Dude, no offense, but maybe pay attention to which incarnation of CoD you're buying next time? This is a Black Ops Call of Duty which contrary to Modern Warfare is more about undercover ops. So it's naturally all about smaller-scale battles. It's intentional.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer
15. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 19:34 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 19:08:
harlock wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 18:56:
i wonder if the new AAA RPGs are gonna try to copy any Witcher 3 type features in some way

Which feature in particular would they copy? I'm being serious, btw. I don't think there's really any gameplay feature that makes the Witcher 3 stand out, is there? (I guess maybe the Witcher Senses gameplay, but that honestly gets very tedious after three or four missions where you use it...)

I think the Witcher 3 is as awesome as it is because of the fact that it has just excellent writing rather than mediocre writing (Hi Bethesda!), treats sidequests as actual quests rather than mindless fucking time filler (Hi Dragon Age!), and in general treats its audience as smart, adult human beings rather than children that need to be patronized to. (Hi just about every other dev in existence!)

Unless you have great writers, it's gonna be hard to copy those things. And of course Mac Walters is in charge again, so buckle up. (Although I hope that Drew Karpyshyn returning will bring some relief.)

+1 to everything you said but, for better or worse, Drew Karpyshyn joined the BioWare Austin studio (SWTOR) and not the folks in Canada who are working on MEA.
I would not give him too much credit anyway. ME2 was pretty damn good but the writing of ME1 and KotOR, which he also was involved in, was nothing to write home about (yes, pun intended Wink ).

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer
10. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 18:41 CJ_Parker

*Spoilers ahead for peeps who haven't finished ME3 yet*

*You have been warned maggot!*

*Your own dumb fault after this point*

After the completely fucked up ending of ME3 they are going to have to come up with something truly special to rekindle my interest in the franchise.

I'm not even talking about the poor execution and the three button choice but the completely nonsense "explanation" for the harvest.

So just because of an imbalance between organics and non-organics all life, both organic and non-organic, must be eradicated every 50K years in order to start from scratch?

Uuuuhhh... right. Of course! There can not possibly be any other solution, right?

Seriously though... which totally braindead chimp came up with that shit??? It's so completely fucking retarded and an insult to the intelligence of anyone who played the series all the way through. What. The. Fuck.

It's by far the dumbest overarching premise that I have EVER had the misfortune of experiencing in a video game.

And that is the reason why I have extremely little faith in BioWare's ability to reboot Mass Effect. I don't want to spend dozens of hours across several games again only to find out in the end once more from a little kid that I was part of a slapstick comedy gig.

News Comments > Overwatch Preorders & Details
4. Re: Overwatch Preorders & Details Nov 7, 2015, 01:28 CJ_Parker

ViRGE wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 00:57:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 22:07:
ViRGE wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 20:56:
$40 and what so far appears to be no microtransactions? They've got my attention. There are far too few "pay once and play" MP games these days.

You believe that's what Overwatch is? Exactly how naive are you?
Unless I'm mistaken, no microtransactions have been announced? Nor has Blizzard announced there will be any.

No announcement does not mean there will not be anything of the kind.

Come on. It's Blizzard. The inventors of the RMAH. They will milk gamers until the udders fall off.

Watch them announce a season pass, DLC, skins, map packs, shortcut packs and all that good stuff once release draws closer.
You might get away with your initial purchase for a couple of months but then you're going to want to buy that map pack the entire community has migrated to.
They'll find plenty of ways to make sure that you are not going to "pay once and play".

News Comments > Overwatch Preorders & Details
2. Re: Overwatch Preorders & Details Nov 6, 2015, 22:07 CJ_Parker

ViRGE wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 20:56:
$40 and what so far appears to be no microtransactions? They've got my attention. There are far too few "pay once and play" MP games these days.

You believe that's what Overwatch is? Exactly how naive are you?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released
17. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released Nov 6, 2015, 15:35 CJ_Parker

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 15:32:
Slick wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 13:48:

1) at the moment, mouse sensitivity is tied to framerate.

Wha... What? Inquisitive

Why the fuck would they do that?

To show off their competence, of course. Silly...

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released Nov 6, 2015, 10:08 CJ_Parker

Steam xmas sale 2017.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Specs
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Specs Nov 5, 2015, 20:27 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 19:15:
Ubisoft was doing really well for a while

Oh yeah, I remember that, too. You mean that really awesome time between 16:06:25 and 16:06:28 CET (Frog Time) back in 1996, right?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Specs
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Specs Nov 5, 2015, 20:24 CJ_Parker

Dude. You whiny pussy. STFU, man up, and buy a real gaming rig, man!!! Jesus H Muthafuckin Christ, d00d!!!  

News Comments > Overwatch Not F2P?
15. Re: Overwatch Not F2P? Nov 5, 2015, 20:19 CJ_Parker

$60 is the standard price for Blizzard casual garbage so no real surprise there.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Planetary Landing Beta This Month
8. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Planetary Landing Beta This Month Nov 5, 2015, 13:22 CJ_Parker

Dude, Wildone, you just gotta let the ADD kiddies indulge in their casual garbage. They just don't get a game like Elite which takes more than one functional brain cell to truly enjoy for what it is.

The Elite experience is only for true gaming connoisseurs who can not only muster but actually embrace the learning curve instead of being n00blets with the attention span of a goldfish.

Just look down at them with the pity they deserve for pissing their time away with casual Beavis and Butthead uuhhh-huhuhuhuh crapola games like GTA V et al.

2767 Comments. 139 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo