Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1502 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Blackguards Demos
5. Re: Blackguards Demos Jan 22, 2014, 20:46 CJ_Parker

Saboth wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 20:08:
The whole "swing 5 times and miss 5 times" sounds far too frustrating.

YES!!! Insta-WIN button or GTFO!!!11

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Blackguards
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 22, 2014, 19:44 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 19:29:
Not in Belgium.

Bel-what? Who gives a fuck about Bel-what?!?

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
39. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 19:30 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 19:11:
Cutter wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 17:14:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 16:56:
/scam?

It isn't going to meet people's expectations.......probably not going to end well....

Well it's interesting that somehow they're going to magically hit 40 million and then it's going to stop.
Maybe at 40 mill they will stop taking any more money, and people will not be able to back it until the game comes out.
Sort of what Project CARS did.

That won't happen because as the campaign and its frequent "just one more last" sales (and the backpedalling with regard to LTI) has shown -> Chris Roberts' greed is infinite!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Blackguards
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 22, 2014, 19:26 CJ_Parker

PropheT wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 19:00:
It helps if you've played Drakengaard

Dude. Game's called Drakensang, not Drakengaard.

News Comments > Valve Talks About Lack of Communication
1. Re: Valve Talks About Lack of Communication Jan 10, 2014, 17:30 CJ_Parker

Episode 3 or STFU, kthxbai  

News Comments > No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs
38. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 7, 2014, 04:13 CJ_Parker

yonder wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 17:13:
Seriously... what are you doing on a site like Bluesnews where things like intellectual discussion and being educated are actually valued?

HAHAHAHA that was one of the better ones I have heard in a while. A true kneeslapper, bro!

Also... way to stay classy with the ass-rape analogy.

Ah, it was nothing. Don't mention it. "Class" is my middle name.

You, Parker, are a terrible and completely unenviable person.

Oh yes. Now that you mention it I am seriously reconsidering my whole life.

I hope you're simply a 13 year old who doesn't have much education and has just discovered cursing and therefore has no clue how to use vulgarity properly and therefore has a chance to mature.

Well, keep hoping then. Other than you and others here I am done bending over for asshole publishers selling us patches as "definitive versions" or whatever. Square Enix has ripped off people with the Deus Ex HR director's cut and now they're trying to do it again with TR Definitive Edition. Fuck that ass raping shit. There. I said it again .

News Comments > No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs
26. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 14:15 CJ_Parker

Fuck them. Bought Tomb Raider Survival Edition for the PC at full price. One of the few games I bought for full price in the last year. And now this ass rape for PC gamers again. Guess how many more Tomb Raiders I will ever buy at full price again dear Square Enix? Yup. You got it. You assholes.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 6, 2014, 00:40 CJ_Parker

It makes ya wonder on what grounds MS shares are rising. WTF?!? The company's recent track record is full of epic fails.

- Windows 8 = fucked
- Windows Phone = barely anyone gives a shit
- Windows Tablets = even less than barely anyone gives a fuck and they're a rip-off at the current pricing vs. feature set compared to competitors
- Xbone = 'nuff said
- No CEO = The company's been a headless chicken for way too long now (even with Ballmer it was at least a half-decapitated chicken)

So why exactly are MS shares rising again? Because of MS Office?

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $35 Million
45. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 23, 2013, 23:33 CJ_Parker

Kosumo wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 23:17:
How long till the DFM do you guess CJ Parker?

Cos that delay was so as to speed the whole project up apperantly?

I don't know and it depends. If they have to build their own net code from scratch starting in January and then launch the DFM with the Hornet (the most advanced ship in development currently) and Hornet vs. Hornet combat only, well, it might be as "early" as late February or March?
I don't believe that they can finish anything resembling the level of quality that Chris Roberts seems to be aiming for (as per his DFM delay letter) any time sooner than that.

I'm curious to see what will happen after that. While they have patched up the hangar module some since its release it is still in a fairly horrible state in my opinion (e.g. no official support for common resolutions like 2560x1440, no options for tuning the visuals, no AA, bad lighting, poor character animations, wonky/glitchy camera, massive clipping issues, texture flickering and the list goes on...).
So what will happen to the DFM? Will it be more or less abandoned like the hangar as they focus on the next module and then the next and so on...? And in the end? They gonna glue it all together for one massively mediocre pile of shit? Hmmm...

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $35 Million
43. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 23, 2013, 22:42 CJ_Parker

Flatline wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 19:47:
ElectricTurtle wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 14:47:
Considering that currently the dogfight module is currently in unreleased development pre-alpha with placeholder UI, placeholder mechanics, and is basically nothing more than a proof-of-concept testbed with only one kind of ship working, yeah, just about anything would be more impressive.

Considering that Star Citizen has been in development since 2011 and after nearly 2 years all Chris Roberts has to show for actual playable game is a proof-of-concept using placeholder UA, placeholder art assets, and placeholder game physics/rules, I would expect anything to be mildly more impressive than what just came out. Especially since apparently an entire company has been working *just* on the dogfight module.

Chris Roberts did some concept, visualization and demo stuff to have something to show for the KS campaign. That stuff was only visualization for demo purposes though and except for Chris Roberts himself only a couple other guys worked on that stuff.

The real development of the actual game started in January 2013 when they began to put the team together. Since talent didn't just rain down from the sky you could probably say that near full development didn't even happen before March or maybe even later.

We learned from videos recorded for the second 24h live stream which took place in May that many of the devs were facing a steep learning curve with regard to CryEngine.

It doesn't surprise me personally in the least that they don't have nothing to show yet. And this is Chris "Delay" Roberts after all. Remember the Origin days when Chris and co were the laughing stock of the gaming scene whenever they announced a date? Or Freelancer? They had to take Chris Roberts off the lead position to save that game. He got degraded to a mere consultant so other people could wrap up the long overdue mess.

Star Citizen is going to be facing many more delays. There is no way they are going to have a fully fleshed out branching high fidelity AAA single player campaign by the end of 2014. The team in Manchester UK doing the SP just now started. How the fuck are they going to develop an epic Wing Commander worthy campaign in ~12 months when they have to face the same learning curve with CryEngine 3 as the team in Austin? No fucking way.

There's even less of a way that they will launch the persistent universe with even half the announced features by then or even in early 2015. They might release some sort of beta with a couple star systems and a few ships so gamers won't go for their throats but the fully fleshed out single player campaign and the fully fleshed out PU won't be here for a looong time. Try Q4 2015 at the very earliest.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
8. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 19, 2013, 21:47 CJ_Parker

The regular edition should be $29.99 and the CE $49.99. The prices they are asking are insane and just prove how detached from reality Blizzard have become. If you have a main game that is considered a fail by many people then you don't usually try to rip off people with an expansion. Unless you're Blizzard I guess.

On the other hand... there are tards paying hundreds of $$$ for attending the advertising show that is called Blizzcon so it's hard to blame Blizz for taking advantage of the fucktards of this planet. In the end the dumbasses are getting what they deserve if they pay what Blizzard is demanding.

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered
10. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 14:21 CJ_Parker

harlock wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 12:44:
John wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 12:36:
You mean they haven't gotten another million yet?

78% towards 35 mil

Yep. The funding froze like being hit by liquid nitrogen when the DFM delay was announced.

News Comments > Morning Previews
10. Re: Morning Previews Dec 16, 2013, 13:18 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 12:35:
Yeah, and there's only so much inXile can do with budget constraints. You know how much more work, and therefore money, getting into positions, elevations, targeting, etc. cost? You're talking at least another million here.

OK. So now that there is no publisher to blame let's blame it on the lack of budget, eh?

Seriously though, this is not a valid excuse. They should get the fundamentals right first. An engaging, varied and interesting in-depth TB combat system should have been a priority. If you have to, then make the game world smaller. Remove some of the filler. Scale down on some parts. But you MUST get the basics right.

In fact, the cost for the basics (including a top-notch TB combat system) should have been covered by the minimum KS pledge level. We're not talking fluff here. Just about any game except Barbie Adventures is made up of lots of combat so if a player spends a lot of time fighting then it's obvious that the combat system should be at or very near the top of any priority list.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 16, 2013, 13:06 CJ_Parker

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 12:02:
It's funny watching them agree the programs need to be reformed, while simultaneously saying the leaks which caused the reforms never should have happened. Is Snowden the chicken or the egg?

The whole Snowden thing was staged anyway. One of the prime principles of any secret service worth its salt is to distribute intelligence and information in small chunks so no one on the lower tiers ever gets the full picture. Everyone only gets to know just enough so they can do the job they have been assigned to but you never give them more info than they need.
Snowden was a small guy. There is no way he could have ever gotten that much insight as he did without some serious helping and pushing.
Or the NSA is the most amateurish secret service on this planet if they let a single low level guy access that much info on pretty much all of their surveillance programs and practices.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2013, 21:26 CJ_Parker

Haha this year's Call of Duty must really be tanking ass. It ain't nowhere to be seen. Aw what a pity!  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs
31. Re: MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs Dec 14, 2013, 20:14 CJ_Parker

We can all thank Star Citizen for that or more specifically morons buying hundreds of "limited" $1250 corvettes within minutes. Thanks, you dipshits. No, really. Thank you very, very much.
No wonder other devs want a piece of that action, too.

News Comments > Project Ascender Revealed
3. Re: Project Ascender Revealed Dec 6, 2013, 23:34 CJ_Parker

Whaddyamean "next year"? Whatever happened to the concept of "when it's done" and freestyle ramming the company into the ground in the process? Has Miller grown the fuck up or what is this shit?!?  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta On Track; Last Chance for Add-ons
5. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta On Track; Last Chance for Add-ons Dec 6, 2013, 03:31 CJ_Parker

Riker wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 21:22:
Ooof, I was thinking that, as a vanilla backer, I would have access to the beta. It sounds like you have to pony up an extra $20 for the privilege, though.

Reading is teh haaarrrddd maaaannn!!!11!!

News Comments > Open-World Star Wars Game Clues
19. Re: Open-World Star Wars Game Clues Dec 1, 2013, 05:25 CJ_Parker

My guess is them trying to compete with Planetside 2. So an open world F2P action MMO game with micro transaction bullshit galore.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M
17. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M Nov 23, 2013, 15:49 CJ_Parker

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 14:15:
Creston wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 13:48:
shinchan0s wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 12:45:
I think hiring more people to get the game out sooner would be a good stretch goal.

There's a point of rapidly diminishing returns on that, though, if they're all in one team.

And if you keep splitting stuff off into multiple teams who each work on their own section, you run the risk of winding up with a game where the separate parts don't click. See Assassin's Creed. (It was terrible in 3, but even in 4 there are some things that really feel out of place, for example the 'stealth' system.)

Getting an extra million bucks and all you have to do is put in an extra ship seems like a fairly easy-to-do and sweet deal for them.

Too late as they already have 2 teams, one in Cali the other in the UK. Its just too good to be true, i cant put it any other way then that.

You forgot the main team in Austin, dude. In fact they got:

- Austin: Star Citizen core development team
- L.A./Santa Monica: Chris Roberts heading the team working on the dogfight module
- Montreal: Behavior Interactive who are doing art assets, concept etc.
- Manchester UK: Erin Roberts and the crew that signs responsible for the Squadron 42 single player campaign

1502 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo