Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 2201 (Senior)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
52. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 15:36 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on May 21, 2015, 12:16:
what short memories you apologists have.

"we're purposefully not showing PC footage, it just looks too good. Don't worry, the game on ultra will BLOW YOU AWAY."

gameplay showing ultra being more or less identical to PS4

they lied, and moreover, they lied up to the launch date, trying to squeeze more sales in. they purposefully didn't show off PC gameplay, because it was TOO GOOD. not my words, this is what they were saying a week before launch.

it's fucking disgusting. and the fact that this, like all gaming forums is littered with people apologising for this behaviour is nothing short of ridiculous. BAIT AND SWITCH.

It's hilarious that I was called an apologist with simcity (for being a fun game) but it was always-online, therefore i was a shill. even though the online DRM was WELL known for months ahead of launch. but CDPR pull this shit as a launch day surprise for all you pre-orders! and the whole internet explodes in apologies.

What did you expect? It's the same crowd that gets screwed in the behind by Rockstar and then still lines up for GTA V preorders like the little sheep that they are. They are too addicted to their precious games to make a stand for once or give a game a pass or call out a developer/publisher for their lies. Can't have any of that.

Yes, it's disgusting but what can ya do? People eating at McDonald's is disgusting for a large number of reasons (not just the disgusting food per se), too, but people will never change.
Munch. Munch. Swallow. Swallow. Consume. Consume. Buuuurp. Wipe mouth. Rinse. Repeat.
And fuck any kind of negative implications detracting from the consumerist experience of overindulgence. It's all way too yummy to activate one's brain for once.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer
10. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer May 21, 2015, 15:19 CJ_Parker

Uuuuggghhh that looks very bland and sterile. Where the fuck is the detail in the environments and the world? Very disappointing looking compared to the now 16 years old PST which had extremely detailed characters and backgrounds. Maybe not as high res but still just more detailed and fleshed out in general.

But this is making me wonder: Why the fuck did I pledge for this low quality crap?

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
45. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 18:46 CJ_Parker

bhcompy wrote on May 19, 2015, 18:34:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 19, 2015, 18:04:
Icewind wrote on May 19, 2015, 17:54:
whenever a game adds an install of Physx during its launching routine
I have always believed that nvidia does this knowing it screws up some AMD systems.

So let me get this straight... you effectively believe that nVidia are the ones writing the setup routines for many games since they apparently have the magical sabotaging power to smuggle PhysX on AMD users' systems?

BWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA aaaaaahhhhh *wipes tears of laughter from cheeks* oh man that was a good one.

Honestly, bro, are you retarded?

More like nV bought PhysX and closed it up, and then provides awful software to emulate what nV cards provide in hardware(which they don't license to competitors). Similar to what Creative has done since EAX came out 15-20 years ago and ruined PC audio.

No matter how you slice or dice it, it is still the fookin' GAME DEVELOPER'S incompetence at fault for either poor implementation or a poor choice of their physics engine (or both).
To blame nVidia for sabotaging AMD systems by secretly smuggling PhysX onto AMD systems via setup routines that have not even been written by nVidia in the first place is a little... no, VERY dumb.

42. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 18:04 CJ_Parker

Icewind wrote on May 19, 2015, 17:54:
whenever a game adds an install of Physx during its launching routine
I have always believed that nvidia does this knowing it screws up some AMD systems.

So let me get this straight... you effectively believe that nVidia are the ones writing the setup routines for many games since they apparently have the magical sabotaging power to smuggle PhysX on AMD users' systems?

BWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA aaaaaahhhhh *wipes tears of laughter from cheeks* oh man that was a good one.

Honestly, bro, are you retarded?

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2015, 15:10 CJ_Parker

Just either read the whole fucking review or go to one of those numerous retard sites that only write a paragraph and have nice graphics with a score as well as pros and cons bullet points if reading is too hard for you. Sheesh. It's not like Eurogamer is the only gaming website out there, you whiny clown.

33. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 15:02 CJ_Parker

NetHead wrote on May 19, 2015, 14:43:
Sorry but I'm not going to bother reading any linus stuff, from what I remember from AMD presentations at the time they blatantly and repeatedly said they intend for it to become open and available to anyone, until they reach the point where they think it's ready for that they will continue working on it (in conjunction with certain partners and developers).

Mantle only ever worked with AMD's GCN (Graphics Core Next) architecture. It's a mystery how AMD wanted to make it truly "open". They probably meant "open" to anyone who would have been willing and able to license their GCN architecture for billions of los dolares.
Luckily the whole thing is now a moot point thanks to DirectX 12. So good fucking riddance to the inferior AMD/GCN exclusive bullshit that was Mantle.

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
17. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 16:01 CJ_Parker

Not interested one bit after the horrible piece of shit that was Doom 3.  

News Comments > BF4 Spring Patch to Add New Weapons & Gun Master Mode
2. Re: BF4 Spring Patch to Add New Weapons & Gun Master Mode May 17, 2015, 16:21 CJ_Parker

So they are pretending like the they care now in an effort to score more SW Battlefront preorders. Nice try, EA. Try again.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Specs
14. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 15, 2015, 20:51 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on May 15, 2015, 20:45:
But seriously.. why 2 USB 3.0 Ports?

Dude. Because power. And data. And shit.

News Comments > Diablo III Anniversary Encownters
1. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Encownters May 15, 2015, 19:56 CJ_Parker

Mooo  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule
83. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 13, 2015, 11:59 CJ_Parker

Quinn wrote on May 13, 2015, 03:43:
QFT!! Since when have we become such mindless zombies that we see the NOT SCALING of quests and enemies to your level a bad thing?

Look at how many BN people have preordered and keep buying GTA V for PC at full price even though Rockstar has repeatedly treated PC gamers like lepers. Then think and then answer that "mindless zombie" question for yourself.
The vast majority of gamers are mindless consumerist zombies who will lap up anything as long as it makes them believe they will become a member of the cool kids club if they join the lead lemmings who make the call on what is "awesome".
God forbid anyone should activate their own brain and make a stand. Or maybe even pass on a game if the company making it is known for despicable behavior.
No, Sir. Today's gamers deserve level scaling because they are too retarded to handle anything else. Sad but true.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Announced
24. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Announced May 13, 2015, 11:45 CJ_Parker

Verno wrote on May 13, 2015, 08:54:
This is what, the third major release in 2 years?

If we don't delve too deeply into the details of which platform got it when and if Syndicate makes it on time, it'll be the 3rd major release on major platforms in less than 12 months.
Rogue and Unity both came out in November 2014. This one is scheduled for October 2015. If we expand the time span to two years it would be four major releases because Black Flag came out in late October 2013.

13. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Announced May 12, 2015, 23:35 CJ_Parker

Rhialto wrote on May 12, 2015, 23:25:
Ok I must say I never played any AC games but today on local news I heard this title was made 100% in Québec and the Ubi building is 2 kilometers from my home.

Where does it say "100%"? It just says that the lead team is in Quebec. The AC games are usually a massive collaborative effort between many Ubi studios all over the world (Canada, France, Romania, Singapore etc.). The end credits of AC4 Black Flag rolled for over 40(!) minutes because of all the many studios, subsidiaries and people that were involved in the project.

It even mentions the associate studios in the news blurb above (all the way at the bottom):
*Associate studios are Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Singapore, Ubisoft Annecy, Ubisoft Montpellier, Reflections, a Ubisoft studio, Ubisoft Sofia, Ubisoft Shanghai, Ubisoft Kiev and Ubisoft Bucharest.

5. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Announced May 12, 2015, 22:11 CJ_Parker

Rhino wrote on May 12, 2015, 21:50:
"We are facing a lot of enemies, so the head first approach is probably not a good idea."

Based upon my experience with the Assassin's Creed franchise, odds are pretty good that there could be an entire army rushing in and the main character would be just fine.

Indeed. The ticket to success has always been not to attack but just stand there and counter every attack. You could easily beat dozens of enemies at a time by just counter-attacking in previous games.

38. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 12:24 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on May 12, 2015, 12:16:
Put the trolls on ignore.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAA. Thus spoke the Chief Master of Trolls.

Dude, if people followed your advice every single post of yours would be a fucking monologue.
I may be one of your deputies in rank or something like that but compared to your masterful trolling I'm a shiny happy li'l miss sunshine poster with only the purest conscience and intentions.

34. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 12:12 CJ_Parker

JayDeath wrote on May 12, 2015, 11:58:
Is there any truth to not being able to play the game Monday because of a day one patch that won't come until Tuesday?

Ah so you believe I made that up eh? Come on. Trustworthy uncle CJ wouldn't do that to you now, would he? *snicker* I mean I'm cruel but not that cruel.

OK, seriously check here. The big question obviously is when will they make available that missing file. I would guess at or around the official release time to avoid "leaks" (= even more rampant piracy than this game will suffer from in any case).

Q: Do I need Internet access to install the retail PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?

A: The initial, pre-premiere retail PC batch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt needs to download a file from our servers to allow play. This file will either be downloaded automatically during installation process or you can choose to download it manually from a dedicated website. Since we have no DRM in the game, this is a security measure we needed to incorporate so the game doesn’t leak during the production process. No worries, the file will not be big. Copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt produced after launch will not contain this security feature.

27. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 11:25 CJ_Parker

Aaaww all those senseless sensitivities when I was just trying to poke some fun, guys. I don't care if you put me on ignore by the way. I don't even want to know how many hundreds of oversensitive sissies have put me on ignore over the years. Oh well. Their loss if they miss out on my highly intelligent and educational posts.  

20. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 11:07 CJ_Parker

Tumbler wrote on May 12, 2015, 11:04:
Maybe retail will jump to releasing Monday. Sounds pretty ideal to come home from work Monday and be able to game all night and the next day if you wanted to do that.

AFAIK the PC version will not work without the day one patch that will presumably not be made available before the times stated in the news post.
I know for a fact that several German retailers will start shipping on the 15th but it ain't gonna do no good without the missing data from the day one patch.

19. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 11:04 CJ_Parker

If you think that you're providing such a service to us all with your constant haranguing of our members (seriously, take a long look at your own post history), then maybe we're not good enough for you, and you should take your comments elsewhere on the internets to some place where you can be properly appreciated.

Hey someone has to keep you guys on your toes and activate yallz lone brain cells every once in a while. I'm doing VERY HARD voluntary charitable community work here, man!
Educating people about time zones is just one of many services I offer. Let me know if you seek assistance in any other area of life and I will do my best to share my wealth of knowledge. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Love,

C.J.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
44. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 12, 2015, 10:45 CJ_Parker

BWWWAHAHAHAHAAAAA u crazy muzzerfuggerz!!  

2201 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo