Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1330 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 26, 2012, 18:32 CJ_Parker

DangerDog wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 13:46:
... it's surprising to see Microsoft raise their middle finger at Intel and decide to use an ARM processor instead of an x86 chip.

Uhh how are they raising their middle finger at Intel when only the Windows 8 RT tablets are going to use an ARM CPU while the Surface tablets with regular Windows 8 Pro will be having Intel inside all the way? Get a clue, dude.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus
19. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 09:27 CJ_Parker

I might have actually preordered the game if it was NOT for silly shit like this. Now I definitely won't preorder but will be waiting for the inevitable Steam sale.

News Comments > Quoteworthy
25. Re: Quoteworthy Oct 20, 2012, 17:31 CJ_Parker

If I wouldn't already know that the world is full of tards and morons I wouldn't believe my own eyes looking at this thread where a couple dozen dumbfuck tards of the highest order comment in their dumbfuck retarded way on a quote that has so blatantly been ripped out of context that even the blindest of all moles would see it.

Seriously. This is a new all time low, even for you guys. Well. Gratz, I guess...

News Comments > Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal
24. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 17:30 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:18:
That's really pretty damn awesome. The sad thing is I am hyped for a game that doesn't come out for 2 years, at least.

Well, they don't officially have two years. The release target is April 2014 which I'd say there is a snowflake's chance in hell they'll actually make it with all of the stuff that has been originally planned and that has now been added on top via the stretch goals.
I believe they would be doing everyone a huge favor if they would announce a more realistic release target ASAP. If the game gets pushed back six months or even more in a year from now it will cost them a lot of good will and reputation. Better review the project now and tell it like it is.
I also think that two years would be the minimum for what they have planned unless the game is going to consist of two directly neighboring big cities with only a stronghold in between and not much else to explore .

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare
13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare Oct 4, 2012, 12:29 CJ_Parker

Tumbler wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 11:08:
I can't shake the feeling that EA would rather shut down this MMO completely before they let it go F2P.

After the latest patch 1.4 that completely fucked up the game your feeling is indeed most justified. They seem to be in the process of killing the game right now. There is no other explanation. When you have a game that is losing subs then dropping a game-breaking patch like 1.4 is like the GTFO patch with a kick in the ass to boot.

News Comments > Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio
5. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 12:22 CJ_Parker

And Austin = MMO Central so this is most likely (like a 100% chance) a studio dedicated to MMO development.
Well, with Vogel at the helm the studio name is going to be very fitting since there's bound to be lots of struggling and crying.

News Comments > Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio
1. Re: Bethesda Opens New Austin Studio Oct 4, 2012, 11:59 CJ_Parker

Hello and good-bye Battlecry Studios... 'twas nice gettin' ta know ya as short as it may have been...

Seriously, with Rich Vogel on the wheel they are fucked before shit has even started. Rich Vogel's body count: Two Star Wars MMOs (which could have and should have been surefire smash hits thanks to the license if the games themselves wouldn't have sucked major donkey balls) and UO which slipped from being the no. 1 MMO into the pits of insignificance. Awesome track record right there. No, really.
Next on his hit list: Whatever MMO Battlecry is going to work on. That game is toast already. Mark my words. If I were Beth I'd spend the money on beer and hookers instead of flushing it down the shitter with Vogel but that's just me...

News Comments > Chris Roberts Interview
15. Re: Chris Roberts Interview Oct 3, 2012, 09:25 CJ_Parker

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 18:12:
... and bet he'd raise more money if he went the kickstarter route.

You'd most likely lose that bet. The last space sim on Kickstarter didn't even reach the low initial target for financing. OK, it didn't have the name of Chris Roberts to it but still... space sims seem to be seriously out of fashion. How many people do you know who still possess a joystick? Right.

It's pretty mysterious, too. Fuck, I remember a time when you bought a new PC and they gave you a cheap joystick for free as a bonus so you could play MS Flight Sim, Wing Commander, Strike Commander, X-Wing or TIE fighter on your shiny new 486DX-40.

So what happened?

You know what? I think Microsoft happened. There used to be a time when people were looking forward to every major Microsoft OS release more because of the latest version of MSFS that usually came along with it than they were looking forward to actually trying out the new OS. Every new MSFS and flight and space sims in general were marvels of technology. Those were the "killer apps" back in the day, the system sellers.
Every new incarnation of Direct3D, OpenGL and Glide was a major milestone on the path to more realistic graphics and people were able and willing to plunk down the cash for the hardware to let that realism happen.
Then comes along Microsoft and releases the Xbox which results in laziness and (relative) stagnation. No longer is the PC the elite leading platform. Cross platform becomes the new buzzword and due to technological limitations space and flight sims no longer manage to stand out from a mass of very same-y looking games. The end.

News Comments > Chris Roberts Interview
1. Re: Chris Roberts Interview Oct 2, 2012, 12:29 CJ_Parker

Sounds way too good to be true so it will probably fail in some way or another...  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dishonored
24. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 30, 2012, 08:52 CJ_Parker

Yawn. Not interested. Wake me up when they release the full game with all DLC included.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 24, 2012, 01:55 CJ_Parker

Only pussies need maps. Real men have a natural sense of direction...  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report
41. Re: Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report Sep 20, 2012, 17:35 CJ_Parker

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 15:57:
I think this may turn into one of those games that's been in development so long that it will only disappoint anyone who plays it.

/agree

... unless the Skyrim-like open world stuff is true. FarCry and Crysis in all their incarnations have been rather half-assed attempts at bringing more openness to the shooter genre. A real state-of-the-art open world shooter could be quite interesting if done well.
They'd need to pay attention to not adding too much RPG-ness to it though or it may end up feeling like a HL mod for Fallout 3 or FNV. It probably should be more like Just Cause 2 but more serious and with more refined mechanics, a better and more coherent story and more memorable characters to create a unique open world atmosphere.

News Comments > BioWare Founders Retire
15. Re: BioWare Founders Retire Sep 18, 2012, 20:00 CJ_Parker

If this means the end of BioWhore then good riddance and don't let the door hit ya in the ass on ya way out. One less developer to pump out mediocre generic mainstream mass market crap is reason to celebrate.

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? "Screw It"
47. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 14, 2012, 20:27 CJ_Parker

Cool. I'll download their next game for free then instead of buying it. Thanks for the free pass, guys!

News Comments > Steam Beta Allows Custom Installation Locations
23. Re: Steam Beta Allows Custom Installation Locations Sep 12, 2012, 18:58 CJ_Parker

Dev wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 17:15:
3) Steam controls like crazy? WTF? They are some of the least controlling out there.

I'm speechless... this must be a case of someone being controlled so hard that they have lost all sense of being controlled... or something like that.

Seriously, I have come to appreciate Steam over the years but contrary to some propaganda victims like yourself I'm not blind to the fact that Gabe & co are all about controlling a major share of the digitally distributed gaming content on the PC platform (= what you'd usually expect from the platform leader or OS maker a.k.a MS but MS is apparently too busy with their Xbox control freakage to bother just even generally farting in Valve's direction).

Also, speaking in principle, every restriction of Steam (and there are shitloads when you think about it) is in effect an exercise of control.

Steam in and by itself and in its function as a digital distribution tool of publishers does indeed control like crazy. I find it outright scary that some people don't even realize that anymore. It reinforces suspicion that too much gaming might not be good for one's IQ.
Seriously. Open your eyes, people. And use your brain for more than just thinking about whether $9.99 is a good deal for Crysis or not. Jeez...

News Comments > More Chris Roberts Game Teasing
24. Re: More Chris Roberts Game Teasing Sep 11, 2012, 07:06 CJ_Parker

Overon wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 06:56:
He will soon be asking for money on Kickstarter and I'm sure he will get it.

If he does then this will be the first Kickstarter project I will be backing if he is indeed developing an epic space sim with a story mode. This once popular genre desperately needs a revival and who would be better suited to fill the job than Chris Roberts?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
52. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2012, 06:59 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 23:59:
I don't think any Intel CPU is locked anymore.

Most of them are still locked. Only the 'K' models are unlocked. I have an i5-2500K and I can confirm excellent OC-ability. I just set my mobo to auto-OC as well and the 2500K is running at 4.2GHz on air without any issue whatsoever.

News Comments > Dishonored DLC Plans
1. Re: Dishonored DLC Plans Sep 7, 2012, 16:49 CJ_Parker

Good to know. Just cancelled my preorder and will be waiting for the inevitable GOTY/Complete/Whatevahthefucktheygunnacallit edition with all DLC included instead.

News Comments > Sony Player Studio; EverQuest; & EverQuest II Expansions Announced
14. Re: Sony Player Studio; EverQuest; & EverQuest II Expansions Announced Sep 7, 2012, 16:45 CJ_Parker

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 10:27:
Yakubs wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 09:38:
1AngryGamer wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 09:31:
At this point if it doesnt have features and top the "questing" of Guild Wars 2 im done with other fantasy MMO's...or others actually

What questing of Guild Wars 2? You mean walking to the nearest Heart
symbol on the map and pressing F next to highlighted objects?
Another clown who loves to hear himself talk. Guess what, nobody cares that you don't like Guild Wars 2. Stop posting your bullshit. Thanks.

Fanboi butthurt detected

News Comments > Sony Player Studio; EverQuest; & EverQuest II Expansions Announced
9. Re: Sony Player Studio; EverQuest; & EverQuest II Expansions Announced Sep 7, 2012, 09:12 CJ_Parker

Chains of Eternity huh? Most fitting MMO expansion title EVAR!!1

1330 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo