Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1696 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
16. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 11:58 CJ_Parker

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:54:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:11:
You seriously believe that Minecraft is going to be staying on the PC? Really?

BWWAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

That was a good one, dude.

wh.....what? It's already on consoles, dude, for quite some time.

Yeah but the point is it won't be on the PC for much longer and become console exclusive. Only an old, unsupported version will work on PCs.
But, yeah, you guys go ahead and keep believing in Microsoft's noble intentions.
I will be laughing my ass off while they turn this into a 100% Xbone and Xbox Live Gold service game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 11:34 CJ_Parker

descender wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:17:
What do you think they are going to do Parker? Go through 50million computers and phones and delete it?

Minecraft isn't going anywhere, and in reality neither was a sequel.

Give it some time. Then they will stop PC support, stop offering the game on PCs, release the sequel as a Xbone exclusive, you know the works. Or maybe you don't if you haven't been around when MS was in acquisition mode in the 90s mainly to destroy competition and get everyone to use MS DOS/Windows. Now they're doing the same in gaming trying to get everyone to go Xbone. First Tomb Raider, now this and the dick moves will continue. Just wait...

News Comments > Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer
29. Re: Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer Sep 14, 2014, 11:26 CJ_Parker

Iurand wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 06:16:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 16:44:
Ridiculous. The racing mode should be one of the last things to be put in the game after Squadron 42 and most of the PU are up and running and stable. But they've long lost any sense of priorities. The only priority left is "what can we finish half-assed in a hurry and turn into another sale"?

Fuck these guys now.

So, while BHVR is making PU, and Fundry is making SQ42. all remaining studios should laid back anf wait?

What? Dude. Priorities. It ain't that hard is it? With the exception of Foundry 42 (= Squadron 42) they should all be working on basic persistent universe content and not adding a fluff feature like a racing mode to the alpha of Arena Commander just to have another sale opportunity.
Besides, you have obviously not read many studio reports. Do it. Read them.
It's not like Foundry 42 is really knee-deep into work on Squadron 42. They are constantly distracted and have to help out preparing marketing stuff for Gamescom, patching Arena Commander and lots of other crap instead of a clear focus on Squadron 42.
I'm not making this up. Read the reports.

It's very concerning how the focus has clearly totally shifted to "exciting" reveals, Gamescom, PAX North/East/West/South/Whatever, the next round of variant sales, brochures, commercials and anything and everything that can be monetized. All studios were somehow involved in the Gamescom reveal for example instead of doing their actual work on the game. The very definition of publisher poison is lingering over this project. If you read up on failed game projects you will often find devs complaining that they could never get shit done because the publisher demanded a demo here, a reveal there and marketing material for the next big event around the corner.
That is exactly what Chris Roberts is doing here with his studios. He is abusing them just to create more hype and to extract even more money from the masses.

If not outright failure, the least to expect is massive delays. I mean we're already there. Originally the whole game or at least Squadron 42 and the PU alpha was supposed to launch in Q4/2014 and we are not even close to making anything of that sort in 2014.

5. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 11:11 CJ_Parker

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 10:49:
I wonder if this will somehow affect the modding community and if mods will have to be signed off by Microsoft and moved to the Microsoft store?

Probably not. That probably doesn't even make sense.

You seriously believe that Minecraft is going to be staying on the PC? Really?

BWWAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

That was a good one, dude.

4. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 11:09 CJ_Parker

I don't give a fuck about Minecraft, never played it, never will, but MS is fucking batshit insane to be plunking down that sort of money in another desperate move to save the Xbone. With $2.5bn they could have founded several studios to develop exclusive Xbone crap. But of course in blind actionism they needed something right now and they are lacking the creative vision to build anything of their own anyway. This takeover is the very definition of a declaration of bankruptcy in the creative department.

Just fuck you, MS.

26. Re: Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer Sep 14, 2014, 01:57 CJ_Parker

Sugarman wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 23:27:
Hrmmm, "displays look of interest whilst leaning back in chair", soooo, tell me about your childhood.

When I was a child, I was always molested and groped by fat, old, ugly guys who offered me candy and called themselves Sugarman.

24. Re: Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer Sep 13, 2014, 23:20 CJ_Parker

Sugarman wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 22:51:
I had such high hopes for this in the early days and now it is all drowning in an ocean of SHIT because of Chris Roberts' infinite greed.
The whole monetization and moving from one sale to the next only disgusts me anymore.

The racing mode FFS... in the early days there were silent whispers about there maybe being a racing mode in the game at one point. And what now? Now it's all of a sudden become a priority feature when they realized that a) it'd be fairly easy (just a few weeks work) to put in
Arena Commander and more importantly b) to couple it with a new round of long overdue (haha) SALES.

Ridiculous. The racing mode should be one of the last things to be put in the game after Squadron 42 and most of the PU are up and running and stable. But they've long lost any sense of priorities. The only priority left is "what can we finish half-assed in a hurry and turn into another sale"?

Fuck these guys now.

I've enacted nomenclature for your condition. We now call your type the "CIG cash grab fanatics". I've also created a symbol you can identify yourself to other fanatics with, here it is "$C".

Good. And I refer to people like you simply as gullible sucker.
You might also want to learn how to quote properly or I might have to extend my "nomenclature" to retarded gullible sucker.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 13, 2014, 17:09 CJ_Parker

That article definitely is pretty stupid. While a working prototype (which btw certainly does not mean you got to have 50% to 60% of the game finished as that one bloke put it) might help immensely, there is also this wonderful world of visualization tools where you can, you know, visualize concepts to a degree it almost resembles the finished game just without all of the groundwork and backbone and code base.
Heck, if you have no other choice or tools, you could even put something together in Macromedia Flash just to visualize stuff.
Or use an engine that comes with built-in visualization tools. All roads lead to Rome and all that, ya know.

I mean there is a variety of tools on the market just for this purpose that are used by the gaming and moving industry. The latter especially needs this, too, because you don't want to blow millions on something that will end up looking like shit in the finished movie so that's why they also hugely depend on visualization tools to evaluate concepts.

Seems like all there's to it, really, is that some of those KS folks need to do more market research into how to properly present concepts. Like start with a clue instead of being a clueless fucking n00b.

12. Re: Star Citizen Patch, Ships, Trailer Sep 13, 2014, 16:44 CJ_Parker

Baristan wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 16:25:
Don't forget to buy a new hanger to park your $140 350R racer in.
A steal at only $50 each. Why not buy them all. And since many ships now don't come with jump drives you better by a few when they become available.

... and...

Yosemite Sam wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 14:17:
I would have thought they had more then enough cash to develop this game, and yet they seem to be using said cash to develop more ways to siphon even more money.

^ this exactly. I had such high hopes for this in the early days and now it is all drowning in an ocean of SHIT because of Chris Roberts' infinite greed.
The whole monetization and moving from one sale to the next only disgusts me anymore.

The racing mode FFS... in the early days there were silent whispers about there maybe being a racing mode in the game at one point. And what now? Now it's all of a sudden become a priority feature when they realized that a) it'd be fairly easy (just a few weeks work) to put in Arena Commander and more importantly b) to couple it with a new round of long overdue (haha) SALES.

Fuck these guys now.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2014, 16:54.

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
13. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 13, 2014, 16:33 CJ_Parker

Nice try but not buying a MS console ever again. Fuck you MS. If you really care about PC gamers then you know what to do, hopefully.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 12, 2014, 21:54 CJ_Parker

ShakaUVM wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 20:54:
I don't see this being worth more than $5.

^ this. Fuck Microsoft and their pitiful attempts to "support" PC Windows gaming.

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
63. removed Sep 12, 2014, 19:11 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 12, 2014, 19:49.

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
52. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 15:47 CJ_Parker

I'll pirate this as a reward for the delay. Thanks for nothing, you fuckers!  

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
49. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 21:00 CJ_Parker

Quboid wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 20:20:
Kosumo wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 19:24:
Why are people picking on CJ_Parker?, he's just saying his opinon.

It seems he's an idiot for not getting this working

Haha nice try. As I have pointed out this "fix" is most likely working for no one since CIG has acknowledged the issue and is working on an official fix for v1.0.
Secondly, a FAQ by a dev at the official forums suggests to disable SLI. Guess why? Cause there is no fix maybe?
Thirdly, there are dozens of posts by people not able to run SLI. The only person I've seen claim this "fix" works is the dude in this thread who is probably just too retarded to figure out that SLI is not working for him and who is unknowingly playing with a single card because his SLI bridge is missing (happens to a lot of uneducated idiots who believe just plugging in two cards = yippie SLI!!11).

despite him also being an idiot for not accepting that unfinished software will have bugs.

Bugs are fine with me though I'd consider multi GPU functionality a rather basic feature for a game that is supposed to push the envelope and that is (or at least used to be) specifically aimed at the sim enthusiast segment where multi GPU setups are very common.

My more substantial discontent with the game as I pointed out comes from other issues as I laid down in post #42. Those are completely different issues though. I don't know why some people mixed them up and thought I was solely pissed off because of SLI not working.

Anyway, the game is pretty much doomed at this stage. Chris Roberts can scream from the top of his lungs that it's not pay-to-win, it won't change the fact that many people who have bought expensive ships expect to be able to beat the crap out of people who bought lesser ships. Not a day goes by where some stat on a ship changes and there's a shitstorm on the forums of people demanding refunds or crying about how it's unfair compared to some other ship.

So now they have really painted themselves in a corner where the whole game needs to be designed so the high spenders can feel like the kings of the road. They are risking massive disappointment and a mass exodus if not catering to the demands of that demographic.
Naturally all this is going to be very artificially restricting and constricting with regard to many design choices.

Besides there are so many questionable designs like the multicrew ships or the concept of exploration in deep space etc., you know, like today's ADHD gamers of which the game through its sheer popularity has certainly attracted many by now, like anyone of those gamers will be interested in serving as "crew" on a Corvette. This could mean just flying around for hours sitting there, doing absolutely fucking nothing. Yep. That will work out really well.
Or exploration in deep space trying to find jump points. Who wants to bet real money that the forums will be full of whining if people are going to fly for over half an hour without finding anything but "deep space"?

The game will be ripped to shreds by the modern gamers who expect action and entertainment every single second they're online.
This game is fucked. Roberts is smart to play with people's dreams though and make as much retirement money as he can while he still can because he's gonna need it once the game and scheme implodes on itself.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Trailer
4. Re: Alien Isolation Trailer Sep 11, 2014, 19:35 CJ_Parker

Not sure what some people here are expecting but of course this will be a simple matter of the game evaluating certain parameters/variables and then spawning the Alien on top of you. After spawning it'll be in Pacman mode where it will search for the shortest route to hunt the player down which shouldn't be too hard thanks to the corridor setup.

Not saying that this can't still be a lot of fun if done well but if you are expecting anything super-fancy, you are setting yourself up for major disappointment.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Microsoft Paid NFL $400 Million To Use Surface, But Announcers Call Them iPads Sep 11, 2014, 19:24 CJ_Parker

HAHA Awesome!  

42. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 17:55 CJ_Parker

harlock wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 17:48:
Have you tried not giving a shit?

Yes, I'm in the process of doing that actually. The way this game has developed disgusts me. The retarded hype, obtrusive marketing and constant monetization, even though the game has long been what was originally considered "fully funded", is pissing me off.
I have begun to auction off (eBay FTW) my pledge ships. The first one went for almost twice of what I originally pledged. Pretty cool. Other ships and packages will follow when the time seems right (like official sales of the non-LTI variants and I will sell the LTI thing on eBay... hmm... yummy cash ).
Oh well. At least I won't walk away from this with any kind of financial loss but only with lost hope, faith and trust.

40. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 17:44 CJ_Parker

Fibrocyte wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 17:33:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 17:05:
MuscularYoda wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 11:39:
I have CrossFire and SLI working with Arena Commander.

1. Start the game, and press ~ to open the console:

2. Type in the following commands:

r_MultiGPU = 2
r_MotionBlur = 0
r_vsync = 1
r_buffer_sli_workaround = 1
sys_maxfps = 30

sys_maxfps needs to be tweaked, I have mine set to 120 which runs flawlessly, but your rig will be different.

If this does work, and it should due to the bug that is causing the textures to "glitch" then you should create a user.cfg with the listed commands in your starcitizen folder.

Your a PC gamer. Act Accordingly.

Note: For whatever reason, r_vsync must be enabled, despite it not locking the framerate.

What makes ya think that I'm not acting like a PC gamer? Besides your suggestions, which I'm sure I've seen and tried before, changed fuck all. My game is still artifacting like shit. Turning SLI off is not an option for me. I got a 3-screens surround setup with 7680 x 1440 res. Guess what the framerate is like with a single GPU? Bingo.

Fuck this shit. Still waiting for a proper official patch.

It sounds like you're incompetent. Have you tried fixing that issue, first?

Incompetent? Right. And you obviously can't read because I've actually said that I have tried fixing the issue before (in fact many times involving all sorts of tweaking settings, editing, nVidia inspector, redownloading the game, everything...).

Also, you do realize that there are dozens of posts at the official forums complaining about lack of SLI support or asking for a fix? Also, you do certainly realize that CIG is fully aware of the issues and has announced a fix may be coming in Arena Commander v1.0?

Finally, feel free to give me a link and a source where the suggested editing of user.cfg has actually fixed someone's SLI issues.
Since it just seems to be a matter of "competence" it should be easy as pie to find dozens of threads where people are happily reporting that SLI is now working after applying the fix, right? Come on. Hurry up. I'm waiting...

37. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 17:05 CJ_Parker

MuscularYoda wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 11:39:
I have CrossFire and SLI working with Arena Commander.

1. Start the game, and press ~ to open the console:

2. Type in the following commands:

r_MultiGPU = 2
r_MotionBlur = 0
r_vsync = 1
r_buffer_sli_workaround = 1
sys_maxfps = 30

sys_maxfps needs to be tweaked, I have mine set to 120 which runs flawlessly, but your rig will be different.

If this does work, and it should due to the bug that is causing the textures to "glitch" then you should create a user.cfg with the listed commands in your starcitizen folder.

Your a PC gamer. Act Accordingly.

Note: For whatever reason, r_vsync must be enabled, despite it not locking the framerate.

What makes ya think that I'm not acting like a PC gamer? Besides your suggestions, which I'm sure I've seen and tried before, changed fuck all. My game is still artifacting like shit. Turning SLI off is not an option for me. I got a 3-screens surround setup with 7680 x 1440 res. Guess what the framerate is like with a single GPU? Bingo.

Fuck this shit. Still waiting for a proper official patch.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
30. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 11, 2014, 11:21 CJ_Parker

Yeah. Who gives a fuck? SSDs in the 256GB to 512GB range have become so cheap that no one who has PC gaming as a hobby has any kind of fucking reason or excuse not to have one anymore.
Besides it even says "35GB required for installation" so it's possibly because of unpacking that a total maximum of 35GB might be needed during the setup process. The actual game folder size post installation might be considerably lower.
Or is this just a concern of the pirate assholes who are scared of a huge download cutting into their traffic limits?

1696 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo