Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 2144 (Senior)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Starfighter Inc. Kickstarter
20. Re: Starfighter Inc. Kickstarter May 6, 2015, 04:55 CJ_Parker

Wots with all the multiplayer bullshit lately?? Epic single player campaign if you boast X-Wing and MechWarrior veterans or get the fuck out! Those games (except XvT and later titles in the MW series) became popular in the first place because they had awesome SP campaigns first and foremost.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Released
2. Re: >Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Released May 6, 2015, 04:52 CJ_Parker

That's still $20.01 too much. Wake me up when the GOTY hits $9.99 on Steam.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood May 5, 2015, 10:16 CJ_Parker

What does install size have to do with game length? This is a megatexture game based on the unoptimized crappy id tech engine. Thus the size.
If you blow up the textures like that, you could also make a five minute game use 100GB. Install size and game length are completely unrelated.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Trailer
22. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Trailer May 5, 2015, 09:56 CJ_Parker

The real annoying part for us Germans is the Steam requirement. It was no problem to import earlier games in the series (except for the minor risk of the package getting zapped by customs). It is only illegal to buy/sell these kinds of games with swastikas but ownership per se is actually legit.
I imported the US CE of Return to Castle Wolfenstein no problem and was able to play it here because this was back in the pre-Steam days when games just required a disk in the drive.
Nowadays we're fucked because of many PC games publishers choosing Steam as their DRM and Steam region-locking everything to death. Thanks, Valve & Bethesda. Not.
So, just like with New Order, I'm gonna pirate this Old Blood shit. They're leaving us no other choice.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Includes Batgirl Prequel
10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Includes Batgirl Prequel May 3, 2015, 23:03 CJ_Parker

I also don't get it. This season pass is $40 while EA sells their premium bullshit for $60. Yet Batman AK is called out for being a "scam". WTF? Compared to fucking EA you're getting a bargain here. Rejoice!  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Includes Batgirl Prequel
8. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Includes Batgirl Prequel May 3, 2015, 21:24 CJ_Parker

Nekkid mod or GTFO!!  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 3, 2015, 09:33 CJ_Parker

KilrathiAce wrote on May 2, 2015, 18:49:
Learn to build ur own systems ... [blahbluhblahbluh] ...

Learn to spell.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 1, 2015, 20:03 CJ_Parker

So did Obsidian code the Dreamliner software then?  

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
37. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 14:07 CJ_Parker

Yeah. Like Microsoft gives a shit about PC gaming. The first thing Microsoft will do once everyone has been force-migrated to Windows 10 is insert some buggy shit code into DirectX 12 to make their fucking Xbone look less inferior.  

News Comments > Armored Warfare Early Access Test Next Month
1. Re: Armored Warfare Early Access Test Next Month Apr 30, 2015, 05:26 CJ_Parker

lolz

How about no?

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
14. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 30, 2015, 05:12 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 20:24:
Nice... now let me know when this version hits $9.99.

^ this... could have been my exact words

I can't blame anyone on waiting on a deal, but know that when you do purchase it, you're getting one of the best games of 2014 (after Wolfenstein: The New Order).

Waiting for a sale does not have much to do with the quality of the game for me. I would pay full price for a DRM-free retail game with a high quality manual printed in color (YES - COLOR!!! insane... I know) and a nice HQ (color!) map etc.
But I'm not paying anywhere even near full price for merely renting -not owning- a purely digital product (SoM = Steamworks DRM).
I always try to keep my digital game purchases in the $4.99 to $9.99 region where the price -IMO- belongs for a rented digital product. Of course it requires some patience but I have a huge backlog and the games ain't goin' nowhere so who cares.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2015, 05:24.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 11:34 CJ_Parker

HAHAHA serves everyone right for falling for Rockstar's infinitely delayed scam game.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer
30. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 21:56 CJ_Parker

Got to wait for more info on JC3. No one knows right now, of course. Part 2 was definitely pretty consolish though. Floaty controls/camera and no free saving whenever you want. And it really had a very consolish look&feel overall in the menus, the game, everywhere. It wasn't the shittiest port ever though. Performance was good and one could play it reasonably well.
Depending on how good you are with a controller, I could definitely imagine that working better than KBM. The analogue sticks should come in very handy in some situations. I suck with a controller since I'm not a console gamer so I stuck to KBM but I would have to admit this is the type of game where a controller would probably be a better tool in the right (skilled) hands.

News Comments > More Star Wars Classics on GOG.com & Steam
5. Re: More Star Wars Classics on GOG.com & Steam Apr 28, 2015, 21:46 CJ_Parker

The pricing is retarded. Should be $10 for the whole X-Wing bundle and not $10 per game (sans discount).  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions
33. Re: Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions Apr 28, 2015, 21:42 CJ_Parker

Vall Forran wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 19:18:
I will admit the new cargo ships look really cool. I just can't understand the pricing on it. Every fucking ship that comes out costs $50-$350+. I mean, when the game releases, is it gonna be like Elite to the tenth power in terms of grinding to buy a ship with in-game money? If not, how would all of the people that spent real money not feel completely cheated? Is instant gratification worth that much?

Yep. That is one of the many, many, many balancing nightmares they have brought onto themselves. However, if past history with this project is any indication then they will piss off the old backers and make it only a mild grind.
They already got the money for the ships so what if someone is pissed off because it's relatively easy to get their $300 ship? Tough. The new customer experience and making *them* spend $300 is what counts more for CIG.

By the way, these "new" cargo ships are really just reskins or modified modular versions of the MISC Freelancer. In their infinite search for new sales opportunities, CIG have already begun mass-recycling assets and ship roles before the game has even been released.
Some people even consider the original pledge ships redundant and yesterday's news. You can't really blame them for thinking along those lines either because updates on some of the older ships are more than overdue. Instead all we get is ALL NEW SHIP BUY NOW BUY MORE IT'S BETTER THAN ANYTHING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN BUY BUY BUY.

It's really sad and ridiculous how this fucked up thing has turned into a complete monetization monstrosity instead of a, you know, space sim video game... which I think it was originally supposed to become some time back in 2012.

28. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 21:26 CJ_Parker

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 20:31:
At the risk of being made fun of..
Do I get this game on that hunk of shit dust collecting box I call my PS4, or is this better for some reason on my PC?

What kinda shit question is that, bro? PC has always been better, is better and will always be better, forever after, amen. Join the master race now!

9. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 10:51 CJ_Parker

yawn@JustCause2HD  

News Comments > Origin and AU Refunds
5. Re: Origin and AU Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 10:42 CJ_Parker

HAHAHA defective games. EA might as well completely stop putting their own and UbiShit's catalogue on Origin AU then.  

News Comments > Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods
35. Re: Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods Apr 27, 2015, 20:30 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 19:58:
But like I said, Valve does deserve a decent cut for hosting, listing, and handling the business end.

Do they though? They are already selling the game via Steam and getting 30% of every sale. Many people might not even buy the game if it weren't for the (free) mods. The workshop is also great advertising for Valve and giving people an incentive to prefer Steam over other DD services. Does Valve really deserve more money on top of that? What for? And why now and why hasn't free hosting been an issue before?

But as I said, my main issue is BETHESDA'S cut. Which is many times higher than what they'd get licensing their tools and IP to a mainstream developer.

Yeah. Bethesda should not get another cut either just like Valve. They sell the game for over three years and it includes a "free" (not really since it's part of what you pay for) modkit for people to do as they please. Changing the rules mid-game and supporting Valve's greedy cash grab attempt to charge for mods is very lame indeed.

I can visually imagine the fat bloated red face of GabeN after a few glasses of wine and a similarly fat bloated red face of a Zenimax exec and how they dreamed up their new mod cash empire at some meeting at a convention. They probably thought of themselves as the greatest geniuses of all time as they repeatedly slapped their fat knees in laughter and choked on the wine.

An absolutely disgusting display of greed on all sides. I can't do much to boycott Valve as I have too many games on Steam unfortunately but I sure as hell won't buy the next Bethesda offering at anywhere near full price (if at all).

News Comments > Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods
16. Re: Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods Apr 27, 2015, 19:35 CJ_Parker

Julio wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 19:30:
Kajetan wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 19:26:
Apparently Valve pulled out.

If they pulled out, they're just pausing before they can go in deeper without the lube.

Yep... Fallout 4 will be $60 for the base game and $60 for the premium season pass that includes the mod kit. Then every mod must be put exclusively on sale on Steam for a minimum price of $4.99. No free Nexus no more. Remember. You heard it here first, folks.

2144 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo