Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1698 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2014, 11:40 CJ_Parker

Ugh thanks for the TR reminder and what a bunch of cockfags Microsoft are (and to a lesser extent Square Enix for accepting the tasty bribe).
Come on Mickeysoft... it's Xmas time, why don't you fuckwads make us feel all warm&fuzzy inside and tell us just once more how much you care about PC gaming, hm?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
92. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 03:48 CJ_Parker

Aero wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 01:04:
All that aside, personally, I don't think it will really be truly "done" (leaving aside the expansions) for a few months yet. I think there's still a fair bit of tweaking that is still necessary to make things like the economy run more smoothly and demystifying elements of the faction interactions (which unfortunately can only be done by trial and error), and the civilization and NPC part of the galaxy could use some fleshing out and variety.

The list of priorities should be (and strictly in this order!):

1) More tutorials and explaining how shit works. The existing combat and travel tutorials are way too basic. They will lose tons of new players who won't be willing to put in the effort to learn how to play via the forums or YT. They need to make detailed tutorials on exploration, mining, smuggling, bounty hunting and the galactic market at the very least.

2) In parallel massively overhaul the ease of use plus add many much needed usability fixes like route planning, grouping for multiplayer, and just generally scrutinize everything for where more intuitive controls can be added. There is LOTS of stuff that is either missing or too well hidden even though it should be much more accessible in plain sight.

3) Only when 1 + 2 are done, should they start adding content and expansions. First get the basics right. Crunch with the entire team for a month or so in the new year and deliver the one huge "usability patch" in February.
It's what the game needs the most right now. It needs new players to stick with the game, not scare them off. The foundation has been laid and it's decent enough if players are willing to work out the finer parts for themselves. As we know, most players are lacking this kind of patience. That's why FD need to get into high gear to properly explain their game to the players. Make it more accessible, not by dumbing shit down but just by explaining how shit works.
They are so close.... it would be a shame to see this game fail just because of a lack of accessibility.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month
2. Re: Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month Dec 9, 2014, 20:32 CJ_Parker

OK now it all makes sense. It's fully understandable that if they blow their PC budget on lame HD rehashes of ancient games that they can't be arsed to deliver decent console ports of more modern titles like FC4 or ACU.  

83. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 20:00 CJ_Parker

Thx for the info dude!  

81. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 18:16 CJ_Parker

No wipe is an incredibly stupid move. Except for many exploits (like being able to mine the same asteroid over and over and over...), there has been at least one outright dupe in gamma version 1.0. Just a few hours after the gamma 1.0 went live a guy posted on the forums how he easily duped himself to 50 million credits.
There are thousands of super-rich mofos out there who took full advantage of the various exploits, dupes and cheats.

One can only hope that they won't be able to ruin the in-game economy too much. One possible abuse I could see coming is if they camped all of the popular stations in the Founder's World, Sol, Eranin, Azeban etc. to buy up every single rare resource spawn (the market refreshes every 10 minutes AFAIK). With a mouse macro they could even automate this to the point no one else ever has a chance to get into the rare resource business.

Certainly an incredibly dumb move by Frontier. The game has not even been officially released yet but as a KS backer who has only dabbled a little in the game and waited for the final wipe which is not coming now, I have already lost any motivation to play, knowing that cheaters, dupers and exploiters are going to ruin the experience (also in solo play because of the shared galactic market and exploration map).

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
53. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 18:05 CJ_Parker

HAHA sooo well deserved for anyone who once again fell for EA/BioWhore's hype and bought this piece of shit console port on release!

Neener-neener-neener

News Comments > DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Released
4. Re: DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Released Dec 5, 2014, 22:55 CJ_Parker

bigspender wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 22:48:
CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 21:05:
Good luck with that as long as the WW2 theater ain't finished yet. This is like trying to sell a Murcielago to some indigenous tribe in the Amazon rain forest. Wish they'd get a clue and make the roads first before trying to sell cars *sigh*.

The ww2 map is coming early 2015 I here.

Hopefully. But pretty much everything cool for DCS is or was supposed to be coming early [fill in a year of your choice] for the last few years Wink .

News Comments > DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Released
1. Re: DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Released Dec 5, 2014, 21:05 CJ_Parker

Good luck with that as long as the WW2 theater ain't finished yet. This is like trying to sell a Murcielago to some indigenous tribe in the Amazon rain forest. Wish they'd get a clue and make the roads first before trying to sell cars *sigh*.  

News Comments > LucasArts Vet Heads New 2K Studio, Hangar 13
14. Re: LucasArts Vet Heads New 2K Studio, Hangar 13 Dec 4, 2014, 18:57 CJ_Parker

Haden Blackman is one of the most incompetent motherfuckers who has ever worked in gaming. He carries a lot of the responsibility for the downfall of Star Wars Galaxie as he was the LucasArts producer at the time who either proactively forced and/or greenlighted many of SOE's game-breaking decisions. Many other Star Wars games like TFU stayed way below their potential thanks to that Blackman clown who was Jim Ward's personal brown-nosing and asslicking puppy dawg.
This new studio is doomed and I will make sure to boycott them completely. If by some random miracle they ever crap out anything half-decent, I'll get it for free (and I usually buy all of my games).
But that chance is like the proverbial snowball in hell so bring it on Blackman.... some generic, family and retard friendly AAA casual bullshit marketed as "exciting" and "revolutionary" even though it's last gen crap at best. You asshole.

News Comments > London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year
7. Re: London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year Dec 2, 2014, 20:48 CJ_Parker

Fantaz wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 20:31:
ViRGE wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 20:17:
Please stop.

this naming would be less confusing...
Assassin's Creed 2015
Splinter Cell 2015
Ghost Recon 2015
Rainbow Six 2015
Prince of Persia 2015
Rayman 2015

then repeat for 2016, and every subsequent year. fixed.

With AssCreed that won't do. Look at Rogue and Unity. There are two in 2014 so they'd have to append 2014.1 and 2014.2 etc.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2014, 03:47 CJ_Parker

It's Gabe's phat paws editing the fucking charts cuz he can!  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
20. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Nov 30, 2014, 20:28 CJ_Parker

As usual Cutter did zero research and does not know what he is talking about. The reasons for the most recent surge are:

- Anniversary sale. Everyone knew it was coming and saved up for it. The original fundraising via the RSI site "ended" on 11/26/2012 so end of November is traditional sales time for SC. They had a massive sale with different ships added on a daily basis throughout the second half of this past week.
- The Javelin destroyer sale at $2500 per ship. There were four lots of 50 ships each to give people in different timezones a chance to get one. Each lot sold out in seconds, of course, so that was $2500 x 200 = $500K alone.
- The Javelin sale in some weird twisted logic (since we're talking unlimited digital goods in theory but whatever...) was used to subsidize 5000 Aurora (= starter ship) sales at $20/pc. - Those sold out in seconds, too. They were meant for new players but it seems more likely they were picked up by "grey market" sellers and big orgs etc.
- The Anvil Carrack was revealed and went on sale for $350/pc. - Many people want to be explorers and this is a specialized explorer vessel so it was a much anticipated sale.

Add to that the end of the year bonuses that people get at work and generally people's willingness to spend lots of money around Thanksgiving/Xmas time and you know why this sale took off as it did.
Disappointed ED players would have to be a drop in the bucket. There were several polls at the Elite forums and only about 10% - 15% of the participants voted to definitely get a refund. Even if 1000 pissed off ED players grabbed a starter pack that would only account for ~$50,000.

News Comments > The Pillars of the Earth Game Announced
2. Re: The Pillars of the Earth Game Announced Nov 27, 2014, 14:41 CJ_Parker

Isn't one shitty Pillars game enough for this decade?

*ducks*

News Comments > Getaway Day Interviews
10. Re: Getaway Day Interviews Nov 27, 2014, 03:45 CJ_Parker

RavingArmy wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 18:54:
So, just to make sure that I'm getting this right and am not having some weird pre-Thanksgiving tryptophan hallucination: Braben hates DRM, hates the inconvenience that it imposes in him, went so far as to demand its removal from the first iteration of the game, but is perfectly OK with insisting on an always-on connection for the single player game he's sold to everybody else.

Yep, well, maybe *GASP* the official reason he gave for the online requirement was actually, you know, *BIG-GASP-AGAIN* NOT EVEN A LIE?
Imagine that! He could have actually spoken the truth that it's due to technical reasons and a lack of feasibility that no offline mode could be supported.
Fuck it. Let's get really wild and nasty and suppose that maybe imposing "DRM" via an online req did not even once cross his mind when the decision was made?
Unthinkable? Um, well, maybe... for that part of the world's population where brain size <= pea size.

News Comments > Getaway Day Interviews
2. Re: Getaway Day Interviews Nov 26, 2014, 13:25 CJ_Parker

Dude. The comedy gold laugh is on you. The part you quoted, emphasized and attributed to Braben was part of the question of PCGH and not something Braben said in response. Full quote for clarification (Braben's blurb obviously starts at "I think the coincidence..."):

PCGH: Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen share some obvious similarities. Funding via crowd, close cooperation and maximum transparency with the community, Sci Fi setting, PC focus, space ship simulation, two well-known "veterans" making their comeback with games like in their early years. Is this just by chance?

I think the coincidence is largely because of the rise of Kickstarter, which has started to democratise the publication process by letting people support the games they want. Demand for space games is at a high - largely because there hasn't been anything for a long time. Also the PC has been a bit of a forgotten platform by big publishing - with PC versions coming out months later than their console companion versions.

There is room for both, and I look forwards to playing Star Citizen once it is released (I am an Alpha backer in the meantime), but they will be quite different experiences with different release dates.

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2014, 13:01 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 09:45:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 01:21:
True that. I also asked about the availability of the SP campaign back in August when they made BF4 a part of Origin Game Time and when someone confirmed that you can in fact play the campaign, I downloaded BF4, finished the campaign and uninstalled. Worked like a charm.

Each to his own I guess, but playing BF4 just for the SINGLE player? Ew, gross. :o

To be fair, I think I actually played one "full" round of multiplayer. Spawned. Was killed three seconds later by a sniper. Quit. Uninstalled.
Well, seriously, there's no point playing BF4-MP w/o all the DLC anyway so why bother. And even if basic BF4 is discounted, Premium is still expensive as hell. You're still almost paying full price for the base game plus Premium.
Nah. Fuck EA. I'm going to keep ignoring the Battlefield series until they return to a reasonable DLC pricing policy (which will probably be never).

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2014, 01:21 CJ_Parker

True that. I also asked about the availability of the SP campaign back in August when they made BF4 a part of Origin Game Time and when someone confirmed that you can in fact play the campaign, I downloaded BF4, finished the campaign and uninstalled. Worked like a charm.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2014, 22:53 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 22:27:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 21:24:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 20:37:
BF3 for $5. Guess I'll wait until BF4 falls to that price so I can play through the SP campaign.

Just grab the Game Time version of BF4 on Origin - for FREE. You can play BF4 (DLC-less ofc) for a week which is plenty time to finish the single player campaign (six to eight hours).
It's pretty crappy by the way. Quite a bit worse than BF3's IMHO. But nothing beats free so why the hell not just play it, right?

Really? And it comes with the SP campaign?

Dude. Yes. How else would I have been able to play it? It's real!

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2014, 21:24 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 20:37:
BF3 for $5. Guess I'll wait until BF4 falls to that price so I can play through the SP campaign.

Just grab the Game Time version of BF4 on Origin - for FREE. You can play BF4 (DLC-less ofc) for a week which is plenty time to finish the single player campaign (six to eight hours).
It's pretty crappy by the way. Quite a bit worse than BF3's IMHO. But nothing beats free so why the hell not just play it, right?

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
1. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 24, 2014, 20:22 CJ_Parker

Haha that is some VERY early access right there. There is hardly any game there yet.  

1698 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo