Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1664 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 17, 2014, 12:49 CJ_Parker

Squadron 42 is safe, yes, but with the direction that SC has taken it will be interesting to see what happens to the promised mod tools and private servers.
My guess is the mod tools will become a make your own space ship skin paint kit (fucking everyone in the ass who bought skins) and the "private server" will probably be a 4vs.4 deathmatch instance with one ship type and two maps. The rest available via the Voyager Direct store for cheap ass money (almost).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 17, 2014, 10:46 CJ_Parker

InBlack wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 09:16:
Well now. This could be an interesting 'listen' once I get home from work today. Chris Roberts is a smooth talker though so I don't expect any firebombs in there but Im actually eager to listen to whats said 'in-between the lines'.

Waste of time. Chris Roberts is 100% blah blah blah drone drone drone blah blah blah. And blah, of course.

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
150. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 20:56 CJ_Parker

walrus1 wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 20:37:
  • Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 20:29:
    Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:35:
    I was looking forward to this game. I was all set to buy it for Xmas. This is going to cost them a metric shit ton of sales. What happens to the company if the vast majority of backers demand their money back? Company folds then there's no game at all. Fuck if some lawsuits don't roll out from this.

We need to keep a running tally on how often Cutter claims there will be a class action lawsuit over something on the internet.
    Guy loves his lawsuits.

In this case he might be very well right. This is a case of fraud and might very well end up in court.

Bullshit. If you knew only the basics of how ED works in multiplayer, then you'd also know that it's only the finest grade A bullshit, too. The game would have been designed completely differently if they had always planned for pure online play from the start. It will be impossible to prove in any kind of court case that there was any intent to defraud people.

Also funny how this is a much bigger drama outside of the ED community than inside. According to a poll at the official forums, only 9% are definitely going to ask for a refund.

Personally I could not care less (online 24/7). Braben & co have had a perfect track record with regard to ED until this Friday. Out of all the KS projects I have backed (Torment, PoE, D:OS, SC etc.), Elite Dangerous has (had) by far the cleanest no-broken-promises record up to now.
    I'm 100% sure that this must have been a very difficult decision for them and was most likely made solely for technical reasons in order to not have to support two code bases.
    Or maybe in addition to that, the preorder numbers (or lack thereof, respectively) are catastrophic, and so they decided to pull the plug on the presumably less popular offline mode.
    Whatever it may be, given the fact that they are offering refunds and their otherwise totally clean slate, I'm more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    The retarded drama is completely unwarranted.

News Comments > Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change "Any Time Soon"; DX10 Support Unlikely
    25. Re: Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change Nov 14, 2014, 13:42 CJ_Parker

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 13:17:
    8GB of RAM can be had for under $70. Or a 4GB upgrade is under $40. You probably shouldn't be PC gaming as a hobby if you can't swing that. =/

^ this. I feel extremely sorry for the mentally retarded who don't have a gaming rig with AT LEAST 8GB RAM given the very low memory prices over the past few years. There is no excuse really. Well, except retardation.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2014, 10:16 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 09:40:
    White Xbox Ones Selling Out, Microsoft Not Likely To Replenish Stock.

Leave it to Microsoft to drop the ball when they finally come up with something popular.

Hehe, yes, reminds me of their Sidewinder hardware stuff back in the day. All of that was great stuff from the joysticks to the gamepads and the headset and then... "kthxbye hardware division is shutting down, guys". ---> W T F?!?

News Comments > Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity
    5. Re: Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 12, 2014, 21:29 CJ_Parker

AMD and issues? NEVER. Everyone knows with MANTELL they have nVidia BY THE MUTHAFUCKIN BALLS!!!11  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $61M
    4. Re: Star Citizen Passes $61M Nov 12, 2014, 21:27 CJ_Parker

I bet he was only surprised because he expected more. I'm pretty sure that Conman Chairman Roberts was more than a little disappointed that his loyal sheeple didn't hit $62 or $63 million during his 14 hour flight.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
    3. Re: ASUS announces ROG Gladius Gaming mouse Nov 11, 2014, 21:01 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 20:27:
    Does it matter?

Certainly not to the point I would advertise it as a feature. That struck me as being extremely silly. But I guess if you're trying to sell a very ordinary looking mouse then the marketing department desperately reaches for any straw they can get their paws on.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
    1. Re: ASUS announces ROG Gladius Gaming mouse Nov 11, 2014, 20:15 CJ_Parker

LOLSEN OLSEN

Those dumbfucks from Asus are actually advertising...

*drumroll*

!!!!!!!!!!SEPARATE LEFT AND RIGHT MOUSE BUTTONS!!!!!!!!!!

... as a feature on their completely ordinary cheap-ass looking ROG Gladius Gaming Mouse. WOW ASUS!!! REALLY???? SEPARATE buttons for left AND right??? OMFG!! How AWESOME and GENEROUS of y'all!!!

BWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA.

Retards.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P)
    7. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 11, 2014, 20:09 CJ_Parker

Slashman wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 19:33:
    MOAR DESTRUCTION!!!! Flamethrower Rifle

I actually hope they have flamethrowers this time...

^ FUCK YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Skull

News Comments > DCS Su-27 Trailer
    8. Re: DCS Su-27 Trailer Nov 11, 2014, 15:14 CJ_Parker

Yep. I have also felt it to be a pity for a long time that there isn't a more coordinated effort for DCS world. Eagle Dynamics basically should have forced all external developers to create modern day aircraft first since it all started with the SU-25 and the A-10.

Then make several interesting dynamic campaigns like Crimea, Taiwan, Korea, Baltic Sea, whatever, and corresponding multiplayer scenarios.
    Then, when/if all of that is up, running and mostly working, greenlight development of a WW2 module and allow 3rd parties to develop WW2 aircraft and scenarios.
    Again, if/when that is mostly working, maybe consider a Korean theater, or if it turns out that the modern day and WW2 theaters require all of their attention, then focus all resources on maintaining these two (for the majority of players) most interesting modules.

The current all over the place at a snail's pace development definitely doesn't help anyone.
    It's really frustrating to see this happen time and again, when in a niche genre like hardcore flight sims, there is an extremely promising concept, but then it falls short due to poor management. The same goes for many things surrounding the civilian sims like X-Plane and FSX, too. With some coordination of efforts, we could have an accurate sim spanning the entire globe today, but instead everyone is doing their own little thing *sigh*.

5. Re: DCS Su-27 Trailer Nov 11, 2014, 12:14 CJ_Parker

MIG-25 is fugly like the bastard child between a Tornado and a F-4 with the F-14's tail glued on.
    As far as pure looks on the Russian side, SU-27/33/35 and MIG-29 are definitely quite the purdy ones.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2014, 12:19.

1. Re: DCS Su-27 Trailer Nov 11, 2014, 08:42 CJ_Parker

Meh. F-15 (non-FC version), F-16, F-18, F-20 or F-22 please!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
    8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 13:30 CJ_Parker

Pumpkins > carrots u n00b!!!11  

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
    32. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 15:33 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 11:37:
    Overon wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 08:42:
    Ubisoft needs Steam more than Steam needs Ubisoft.

Neither needs each other. UBI doesn't even need the PC platform.

According to their latest financial statements for H1/2014, they are at 15% of their sales happening on the PC platform so it's not a totally negligible chunk but, yeah, they would probably live even if the PC totally fell by the wayside over night. They could certainly live without Steam. Not the entire 15% are happening on Steam naturally. It's 15% total from Steam, Uplay, GOG, other digital delivery services, and of course also good old retail combined. Not being on Steam would certainly not hurt Ubi all that much.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on December 16
    38. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 20:25 CJ_Parker

saluk wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 19:50:
    This is how you do development. Yeah, you won't please everyone, but you make a good, releasable, solid core that can than be expanded.

Much better than, say, developing 25 completely independent games and hoping that at some point they will magically fit together. Or, like, putting a lot of effort into cool helmet wearing animations when the ship flying animations don't work.

Hehe, nice how you managed to avoid mentioning the name of that other game. And I completely agree. Frontier is on the right track here and Braben is a very smart guy who knows exactly what he is doing.
    The expansions which will add many features people are missing now are already in the pipeline and will be free for people who pledged over a certain amount.
    This game has a solid roadmap and it will only get better because they are actually gonna stick to it, you know, instead of for monetization reasons, coming up with more peripheral crap they'll never finish before 2020.

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
    46. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 20:12 CJ_Parker

Caladell wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 18:18:
    Like others have said though, hopefully no micro-transactions.

That was a good one, dude. Got more jokes like that?

14. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 15:50 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 15:43:
    CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 15:38:
    Lame derivative crap.

Blizzard has almost always been derivative. They've been successful because they've been able to make one of the best versions of that genre: Warcraft, WoW, StarCraft, Hearthstone. Diablo is probably the only thing original they've ever done.

I know. That's why I said "lame derivative crap". And Diablo original? Well... top-down simplistic point&click hack'n'slash was not really blowing anyone's socks off at that time either was it?
    I mean the execution was top notch as always but it wasn't really revolutionary per se.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on December 16
    21. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 15:47 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 15:07:
    The complaints usually comes from from those that aren't exactly sure what Elite is and expect it to be a different game than what it is.

^ this. This game like most open world games does not work well for people expecting a Disneyland themepark where Mickey Mouse is waving at you from the left and Donald from the right every five yards and where content is thrown in your face instead of you needing to actively search for and find the content.
    Even more extreme than a game like Skyrim, Elite is a game where you have to carve out your own story in this big huge universe. Use your imagination. Roleplay. Take on an active role, head out there and don't expect the game to throw stuff at you while you sit there passively munching popcorn. That's not how it works. This is not a modern dumbed down cinematic game where you just need to watch and press buttons. This is a game for active players.

8. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 15:38 CJ_Parker

Lame derivative crap.  

1664 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 2.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo