Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1922 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming
12. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 14:10 CJ_Parker

The low level cap is one of the many(!) completely inexplicable "old school" weaknesses they have baked into this game based on the D&D heritage of the Infinity engine games.
Dear Obsidian: Why the fuck ya do that? Seriously. They started on a clean slate. No one held a gun to their head and said "make this as close as possible to D&D without breaking any laws".

They could have gone for a totally different and much more interesting system with a high level cap and many level-ups where you get a stat increase here and a new perk there on every level.
You know, to put it in a simple and single word... fun. FUN. F-U-N! In a really good RPG there should be always something to look forward to when advancing your characters. A real good sense of permanent and continuous progression.

Instead they did.... this. A total of 12 (TWELVE!) epic levels in a 100 hour game. You can only have fun every eight hours per Sawyer's order. If you dare to have fun in between thou shalt chastise thouself with a cat-o'-nine-tails. And don't forget to pull a toe nail or two as well...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer
30. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 17, 2015, 10:20 CJ_Parker

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 10:18:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:57:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:38:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:17:
That's unfortunately not how shit works in the gaming industry, kid. If SW Battlefront turns into a success then we'll see a bunch more casual multiplayer focused half-baked crap games squeezed out of EA's anus in rapid fire mode.
We will also see more SW games coming out to coincide with the movie releases. We all know how well that has worked out in the past. The movie is the deadline and they will release the games no matter what.
This is EA after all who have the exclusive deal with Disney for a few years to come. Good luck hoping for quality Star Wars games. You're gonna need it.

Kid? I'll take that as a compliment. You're probably younger than me and judging by your trolling know-it-all attitude that I've seen from day to day, I'd say that much to learn, you still have.

HAHA, yeah, most people make that mistake about my age based on my youthful and cheerful postings . So let's make a little Star Wars puzzle out of it... when Episode IV: A New Hope arrived at cinemas I was about five years old. You?

I watched it at the drive-in with my parents when it came out.

OK, then scratch "kid" and replace by "old geezer"

28. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 17, 2015, 10:16 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 10:07:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:57:
HAHA, yeah, most people make that mistake about my age based on my youthful and cheerful postings

More that you tend to sound like an asshole a lot of the time.

Yeah but a youthful and cheerful asshole

25. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 17, 2015, 09:57 CJ_Parker

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:38:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:17:
That's unfortunately not how shit works in the gaming industry, kid. If SW Battlefront turns into a success then we'll see a bunch more casual multiplayer focused half-baked crap games squeezed out of EA's anus in rapid fire mode.
We will also see more SW games coming out to coincide with the movie releases. We all know how well that has worked out in the past. The movie is the deadline and they will release the games no matter what.
This is EA after all who have the exclusive deal with Disney for a few years to come. Good luck hoping for quality Star Wars games. You're gonna need it.

Kid? I'll take that as a compliment. You're probably younger than me and judging by your trolling know-it-all attitude that I've seen from day to day, I'd say that much to learn, you still have.

HAHA, yeah, most people make that mistake about my age based on my youthful and cheerful postings . So let's make a little Star Wars puzzle out of it... when Episode IV: A New Hope arrived at cinemas I was about five years old. You?

21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 17, 2015, 09:17 CJ_Parker

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 08:16:
I hope that this game is so successful that all the other devs in the gaming industry will take notice and we get a bunch of Star Wars games in the future.

6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 16, 2015, 22:44 CJ_Parker

It's definitely going to suck big time. First, premium rip-off. Secondly, on top of that, they have already announced an "aggressive" DLC strategy so this will be a milking festival par excellence.
Quite a shame because I would love to play some good old OT scenarios again after all these years of PT and Clone Wars crap.
But not at EA's price. I'd be totally fine with pre-ordering for $60 and getting all DLC included but I'm not playing EA's rip-off game of $120 (base game + premium) plus whatever "aggressive" DLC they are going to release which will probably push this into the $150 to $200 region. Fuck that and fuck them.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
12. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Apr 16, 2015, 13:42 CJ_Parker

Yawn. Enhanced Edition please. They can keep their beta until then.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 15, 2015, 12:37 CJ_Parker

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire,
We don't need no water let the motherfucker burn,
Burn motherfucker burn.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 14, 2015, 11:55 CJ_Parker

Squirmer wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 10:30:
I prefer my penises uncut.

So how many do you have then, dude?

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
19. removed Apr 14, 2015, 11:52 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 14, 2015, 11:57.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book
7. removed Apr 13, 2015, 20:51 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 14, 2015, 08:10.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
129. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 19:46 CJ_Parker

Quinn wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 19:43:
PS: CJ_Parker much be having a blast right now, lol

Yep. I'm edging, dude... and about to have an epic orgasm before too long!

See, I knew all that popcorn wouldn't be a waste.... *munch* *munch*

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book
4. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book Apr 13, 2015, 19:40 CJ_Parker

The mechanics for a no-kills playthrough of DXHR sucked ass. When I shot some dudes with tranquilizer darts from up above they died instead of going unconscious as they should have. Really lame. My guess is the game for some reason attributed falling damage equaling the height I was above the enemies to the impact of the tranq dart and figured it should be a lethal hit. Retarded.
Hope they'll do a much better job with this sequel. Also would be great if a ghost/stealth or non-lethal playthrough would not require tracking back through the entire level after completion to pick up the goodies and XP.

43. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 12:35 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 12:19:
Would be nice if Rockstar had given out some review code to.. uh.. someone, somewhere, who could give us a port report. If this was any other company people would be crucifying them for not handing out review code prior to release.

Nah it's much funnier if this kind of shit hits the fan out of the blue. I hope I didn't buy all that popcorn for nuthin'...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
41. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2015, 11:57 CJ_Parker

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 08:54:
I look at this list and see so many crap games. What is wrong with the gaming public???

+1 ... though as I said Elite Dangerous making the list partially restored my faith in that public you speak of

32. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 11:55 CJ_Parker

OMG what a fucking circus over a roadkill and murder simulator!  

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 16:00 CJ_Parker

In the words of the highly acclaimed game expert C.J. Parker
"Who gives... a fuck... about that console garbage"

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 15:22 CJ_Parker

Wow. So good to see Elite Dangerous on there. My faith in mankind has been partly restored .  

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
30. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 12, 2015, 14:54 CJ_Parker

I agree. Descent had a certain wow factor because real 3D gaming in general was still rather new back then. It was pretty amazing to fly through those tunnels at high speed. Kind of like re-imagining the Death Star trench run. But it got old real fast, too, since there just wasn't much to do. No meat.
And not sure about the level design. You don't even have to be orientation-impaired to have a hard time in Descent. The tunnel mazes were very disorientating. There were no visual cues to go by either since everything looked the same. It really sucked when you needed one specific item to advance the game and ended up scouring the always samey looking tunnels for hours. Yawn.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
28. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 12, 2015, 13:16 CJ_Parker

Indeed. The original budget for ED was to be 8 million but according to Braben they ended up well beyond that mark (Eurogamer interview). So, yes, ED is another example where KS did by far not cover full development and would not even have covered it, even if they had stuck to the initial 8m budget since ED only raised just short of 1.6m on KS.  

1922 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo