Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 2198 (Senior)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 4, 2015, 10:09 CJ_Parker

"I can tell you definitively that our team has never committed more resources to making Windows better for game developers and gamers, and that means any gamer on Windows 10, regardless of storefront or device, although what I really mean by that is you MUST buy a Xbox One, of course, as we will continue to do everything in our power to prevent you from enjoying games on PC Windows and that includes old games like Freelancer which we are never going to release in digital format ever just to spite PC gamers LOL."

^ fixed

There isn't enough vomit in the world for one Phil Spencer. What a sleazy backstabbing lying shitbag.

So, Phil, what other Xbone exclusive -timed or not- are you guys going to announce at E3 to demonstrate your "commitment" to PC gaming? I can hardly wait...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
101. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 4, 2015, 08:38 CJ_Parker

pagb wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 05:08:
I agree that graphics aren't everything... but this DOESN'T EVEN HAVE AMBIENT OCCLUSION! A graphic feature we've been enjoying for 6 years!

We can all thank Mickeysoft and their lame Xbone for that. The lowest performing crap platform dictates whether we can have nice things or not and thanks to the fucking piece of shit that is the Xbone we can't. Simple as that.
Then add some Microsoft bribes to the mix to prevent Bethesda from making a nicer PC version and there you have it. FO4 looking like last gen because the Xbone performs just like last gen. That motherfucking piece of shit trash junk from that asshole company that keeps on sabotaging PC gaming since the conception of the first ShitBox.
The really amusing part though is that the vast majority of the morons complaining in this thread probably lined up to buy a ShitBox, a ShitBox 360 and a ShitBox One on the day of release. This is well deserved, you clowns. This is what you get for buying Shitboxes.

News Comments > Fallout Countdown
35. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 3, 2015, 06:07 CJ_Parker

Grokk wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 23:18:
I'd love for this to be out for the xmas season this year. Should fit in nicely with the other games and things I need to play first.

More likely though, we're looking at a perhaps xmas 2016 at the earliest. That would give them 18months to release. More likely Q1-2 2017 at best.

I don't think they would tease and announce it now if it were still that far out. Holiday season this year is a good bet. Probably some November date as usual with Bethesda.

32. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 22:52 CJ_Parker

Julio wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 20:35:
JayDeath wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 14:33:
We need a new engine.

Something isometric top down, kind of like Wasteland 2.

Yeah because the world needs more simplistic top-down point&click snoozefests with shitty puke soup retro graphics Rolleyes

17. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 14:45 CJ_Parker

Amateur hacks like Obsidian shouldn't even be allowed to mod Fallout in their spare time, let alone develop anything.
Besides, if I were a publisher I would have taken notes how Obsidian shat all over publishers during their Kickstarter campaign and I would never give those fuckers any of my business ever again.
Fuck those clowns and let them rip off people on Kickstarter but no more messing with serious games, please. kthx.

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
31. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 1, 2015, 14:49 CJ_Parker

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 14:19:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 14:11:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 13:50:
... but by the time the "Fury" comes out, nVidia's 14nm Pascal will be right around the corner, using HBM2. AMD needs to stop getting clobbered.

Well, it remains to be seen when the 8GB dual chip Fury will really become available and when Pascal is going to come out. TSMC is superoptimistic as always but they rarely get their shit together and stuff gets delayed big time so...
Pascal is 16nm FinFET by the way, not 14nm. There is a rumor that AMD might go with Global Foundries and 14nm for their next gen and that 14nm GloFo may be ready as early as late this year while TSMC 16nm is estimated to be ready early 2016 for mass production.
But all of that should be taken with truck loads of salt because the foundries almost always overpromise and underdeliver.

16?

NVIDIA teases next-gen Pascal-based GeForce with HBM2, 14nm and more

Samsung to make 14nm graphics processors for Nvidia

nVidia has signed with Samsung for a very small scale sample production run that is only covering a few million dollars. Nothing on the scale of mass production.
The Samsung deal is most likely only for low power mobile (Tegra) stuff where Samsung will also produce Apple's A9.
nVidia has not signed with Samsung for GPU production. At least not yet.

Instead, for high power GPUs nVidia is still with TSMC on 16nm. Here it is straight from the horse's mouth:

Nvidia: TSMC Remains Our Primary Manufacturing Partner for 16nm FinFETs and 10nm

27. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 1, 2015, 14:11 CJ_Parker

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 13:50:
... but by the time the "Fury" comes out, nVidia's 14nm Pascal will be right around the corner, using HBM2. AMD needs to stop getting clobbered.

Well, it remains to be seen when the 8GB dual chip Fury will really become available and when Pascal is going to come out. TSMC is superoptimistic as always but they rarely get their shit together and stuff gets delayed big time so...
Pascal is 16nm FinFET by the way, not 14nm. There is a rumor that AMD might go with Global Foundries and 14nm for their next gen and that 14nm GloFo may be ready as early as late this year while TSMC 16nm is estimated to be ready early 2016 for mass production.
But all of that should be taken with truck loads of salt because the foundries almost always overpromise and underdeliver.

17. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 1, 2015, 11:28 CJ_Parker

As long as you don't do any extreme multi-monitoring stuff with insane resolutions in SLI then 4GB is just fine. Check some of those reviews where they address the VRAM.
Some games might allocate more than 4GB of VRAM if they can have it, i.e. they just grab as much as they can, but the real usage is usually well below 4GB.
You're more likely to run into raw power limitations than VRAM limitations if you jack up the quality beyond a certain point.
In full HD or even 1440p you're just not going to see any benefit from a 6GB VRAM card.
And forget about 4K. Neither the TitanX nor the 980Ti is really 4K ready. In many games they only produce playable fps if you turn down the quality or use blurry puke soup FXAA instead of decent AA modes.

Nah man. Relax. You'll be doing just fine with your GTX 980 until the new 16nm generation arrives next year.

EDIT @ InBlack: How is that adding salt to the wound? The 980Ti is almost $300 more expensive than the regular GTX 980 for a questionable performance boost that you won't usually need in full HD or 1440p.
The only people that are really fucked are TitanX buyers. I'd be pissed if I bought a TitanX a few weeks ago and now a much cheaper card comes along that matches its performance. Sure, the TitanX has 12GB VRAM instead of 6GB but as a gamer you'll just never need them and you will run into raw power limitations long before ever getting even close to getting anywhere near 12GB.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2015, 11:34.

13. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 1, 2015, 11:03 CJ_Parker

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 10:51:
... it'd have been nice to see Nvidia partner with Samsung or LG.

Agree. It probably won't happen this year anymore but personally I'm hoping for a Samsung 32" PLS/AHVA display, 4K resolution, G-Sync (or FreeSync if nVidia supports it one day!), 4x USB 3.0 hub next year to hook up to a nVidia Pascal GPU for 4K gaming at playable fps.

12. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 1, 2015, 10:55 CJ_Parker

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 10:39:
1badmf wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 09:57:
InBlack wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 09:21:
Waay too expensive. But then again, when there is no competition in the high end market....

I really hope AMD pulls something out of its sleeve and sooner rather than later.

supposedly their nextgen cards are coming out in june/july. most of it is updated current cards, but allegedly their fiji card with the HBM will be among them.

I read a report this morning that suggested the 390x will be an "enhanced" (rebranded) Hawaii board, so the entire 300 series would be a bunch of rebrands, if that's true. I really don't expect the 390x to save them, even with the higher bandwidth memory since the GPU will likely bottleneck it anyway. AMD has to come up with something soon, because nVidia is utterly crushing them in every department.

The 390X Hawaii rebrand will have GDDR5 and no HBM. The only real new cards with the Fiji chip will be called 'Fury'. They will have 4GB HBM and a 8GB dual chip model will follow in a few months.
The 390X will compete with GTX 970/980 and all the other 3xx rebrands will compete with their counterparts from GTX 970 downward.

The one million dollar question is: What will Fiji/Fury be able to pull off? Rumors recently indicated that it will about match TitanX performance.

If that is true then the other big question is the price. Rumors a couple weeks back were talking about $799 to $849 but AMD can totally forget about that now that the $649 GTX 980Ti is out. They will be forced to match the price, maybe even undercut a little since they "only" got 4GB. It's 4GB HBM rather than the 6GB GDDR5 on the Ti but in games it probably won't make a difference.
People are also used to just look at the numbers with memory so it will be very difficult for their marketing to properly advertise the advantages of a faster interface.

But we'll see... it's highly unlikely IMHO and I'm inclined to believe in the rumors that see TitanX and Fury on about equal footing but maybe Fury is a "TitanX killer".

News Comments > BioShock Series Has Sold 25M
15. Re: BioShock Series Has Sold 25M Jun 1, 2015, 10:30 CJ_Parker

SXO wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 06:39
uantity > Quality is the new status quo, with few exceptions (e.g. Rockstar). [/quote:

Yep. You got that right. Rockstar is skipping the quantity and the quality thing.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
75. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 30, 2015, 11:29 CJ_Parker

You can twist it and turn it as you like. Respec option in any game (except MMOs where sometimes the devs change entire classes and it's only fair you are given a chance to respec if your gameplay changes through no fault of your own) is retard casual gamer crap for n00bs who can't play to rectify their dumbass decisions.

It also makes zero sense from a roleplaying perspective. It takes time to develop your character. Everything is a (slow) learning process for your character. To be able to instantly unlearn everything and relearn some completely different shit is immersion breaking and simply outright stupid. It takes you out of the game, it destroys any sense of consistency and persistence and it completely waters down your (level-up) choices since the consequences are zilch if you can simply respec at any time. Fuck this casual MMO crap.

64. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 23:37 CJ_Parker

Well, that's thoroughly disappointing to hear that CDPR have completely fallen to the dark side and are catering to the full retard gamer demographic now with a respec option.
Real men stick with their choices and real manly developers who pretend to give a fuck about choices & consequences should NEVER ever offer a respec option in their games.

But as CDP's Iwinski said these days:

"We broke into the mainstream. It is such a moment in our firm's history that after some years people will look differently at CD Projekt before and after this release."

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale in Spring?
10. Re: Steam Summer Sale in Spring? May 29, 2015, 21:59 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on May 29, 2015, 20:40:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 29, 2015, 20:32:
Acleacius wrote on May 29, 2015, 20:26:
It would be a good move, more money spent and more people playing games through out the summer.

How's that a good move? Think about stuff like health insurance. All those fat obese immobile kids with their candy paws glued to a fucking controller are going to drive premiums up.
I, for one, am hoping that kids go outside in summer more and play other games.... like chasing some pussy.

Try harder next time, you're slipping.

Aaaaahhh... a true trolling connoisseur is in the house. Mon ami, had I known that I would have naturally tried harder to deliver a more elaborate troll post to satisfy your accomplished taste. Mon dieux, mon dieux... where are my standards!

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale in Spring?
5. Re: Steam Summer Sale in Spring? May 29, 2015, 20:32 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on May 29, 2015, 20:26:
It would be a good move, more money spent and more people playing games through out the summer.

How's that a good move? Think about stuff like health insurance. All those fat obese immobile kids with their candy paws glued to a fucking controller are going to drive premiums up.
I, for one, am hoping that kids go outside in summer more and play other games.... like chasing some pussy.

12. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 28, 2015, 23:15 CJ_Parker

ColoradoHoudini wrote on May 28, 2015, 22:40:
I guess I'm gonna have to buy this now..huh?

Problem: first edition Intel I-5, and a Radeon 6970. Not gonna cut it, huh?

The CPU does not matter at all for this game if you check benchmarks. But you do need a fairly powerful GPU. Depending on budget get a GTX 760, 770, 960, 970 or something like that (game is nVidia-friendly).
Make sure your PSU has the appropriate connectors.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Satya Nadella is the most-influential tech leader. May 28, 2015, 21:15 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on May 28, 2015, 21:02:

Announced in march...

I know... and where is it after all this time? Still nowhere to be seen! What a bunch of clownfags at Microsoft! If they don't give a fuck about the PC anymore, fine, but then they should just stop developing Windows and shut down everything except for the Shitbox toy division. It would be less insulting to PC gamers than this constant failing at getting even the most basic shit done.

Seriously. That wireless Xbone controller should have been PC-compatible from day 1. Not that I even really want to play any games with a controller personally but there are some games that unfortunately require a frickin' controller like Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.
And not releasing any of their PC classics in digital format on any platform is really insulting. Even EA, Ubi and Actiblizz are on GOG. But the publisher who sort of "invented" PC Windows gaming is nowhere to be seen. As I said: Clownfags.

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
36. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 21:03 CJ_Parker

Overon wrote on May 28, 2015, 20:40:
You gotta be shitting me. The developer stated in interviews that PC is the lead platform...

Did they really? Bwwahahaaa. The lie of the century. The massive control issues aside (which PC lead platform game ships w/o rebindable keys at release?), where is the FoV slider for PC, where are the AA modes beyond blurry puke soup FXAA, where are the HD textures, where is the PC-friendly UI?
This game has very clearly been made for Xbone and PS4 as lead platforms. I mean that one co-founder dude even admitted as much (after the game had shipped of course) when he said that they couldn't have made the game without consoles. So logically the lowest common denominator (Xbone) is calling the shots and being the lead platform.

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
33. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 19:37 CJ_Parker

harlock wrote on May 28, 2015, 17:42:
OMG ITS THE END OF THE FUCKING WORLD BECAUSE I CANT PLAY THIS ON MY MOUSE AND KEYBOARD WAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAH I WANNA PLAY MY WAY NOT YOUR WAY WAAAAAAH WAAAAAH IM A BIG FUCKING CRYBABY WAAAAAH WAAAAAAH DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING

^ Qué el fucko???

I wants some of what you just had dude...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Satya Nadella is the most-influential tech leader. May 28, 2015, 19:34 CJ_Parker

Nutella dude is a fucktard. Two years later, or how ever the fuck long it's been since the day the Xbone was crapped out, there is still no sign of a wireless Xbone controller for PC and Freelancer still has not been published on GOG.com (or Steam or wherever the fuck). Also... where the fuck is a new Flight Simulator, Nutella bro????
Sheesh. If all of that epic phail ain't proof enough that this guy is a fucktard instead of a "influential tech leader" then I dunno what is. Seriously. Damn.

2198 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo