Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 2144 (Senior)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule
20. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 11:07 CJ_Parker

Tumbler wrote on May 12, 2015, 11:04:
Maybe retail will jump to releasing Monday. Sounds pretty ideal to come home from work Monday and be able to game all night and the next day if you wanted to do that.

AFAIK the PC version will not work without the day one patch that will presumably not be made available before the times stated in the news post.
I know for a fact that several German retailers will start shipping on the 15th but it ain't gonna do no good without the missing data from the day one patch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 11:04 CJ_Parker

If you think that you're providing such a service to us all with your constant haranguing of our members (seriously, take a long look at your own post history), then maybe we're not good enough for you, and you should take your comments elsewhere on the internets to some place where you can be properly appreciated.

Hey someone has to keep you guys on your toes and activate yallz lone brain cells every once in a while. I'm doing VERY HARD voluntary charitable community work here, man!
Educating people about time zones is just one of many services I offer. Let me know if you seek assistance in any other area of life and I will do my best to share my wealth of knowledge. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Love,

C.J.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
44. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 12, 2015, 10:45 CJ_Parker

BWWWAHAHAHAHAAAAA u crazy muzzerfuggerz!!  

16. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 10:41 CJ_Parker

Frags4Fun wrote on May 12, 2015, 10:12:
Don't act like you already knew all of this. It's obvious that you figured it out after the post by Blue or else you wouldn't have needed to edit your comment.

I only edited the part that actually says "EDIT". We posted at the same time. I was actually 100% expecting a not-so-intelligent EU player to complain that the US are getting it early when in reality everyone is getting it at the same time apparently.
What I did NOT expect was someone like you (from the US I presume) to celebrate because of an "early" release but I found that not-so-intelligent in a funny way, too.

As for my expectations, well, going by the surprised comments here I must be some kind of genius indeed because, yes, I fully expected the game of a EUROPEAN dev/publisher to unlock at midnight EUROPEAN time on the 19th. Now I did not know whether they would go with GMT or CET (+/- 1 hour difference) but why would they go with any other time zones?

You guys also need to lighten up a bit. Come on. It was a lighthearted fun troll tackling from the side, nothing serious.

Most people are not sitting around thinking about the date time line change from the EU to the US.

Oh, yes. I know. I always forget about living in this actual thing called a world, too.

Or maybe not...

2. removed May 12, 2015, 09:34 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 12, 2015, 10:03.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
40. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 12, 2015, 09:29 CJ_Parker

siapnar wrote on May 11, 2015, 23:33:
Maybe that's why a lot of devs focus on MP these days, it kinda forces people to buy so they don't miss the big wave of initial players and the levels and upgrades that are needed to stay relevant

Wow dude... if my life ever deteriorates to the point that I feel like I MUST buy a game early in order to stay "relevant" then someone please call a doctor or a hitman to put me out of my miserable existence. Jesus H Christ.

15. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 11, 2015, 23:02 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on May 11, 2015, 22:41:
That's the way to do it with these guys. There'll be some enhanced edition that is cheaper and more polished a ways down the line. Better experience for less money? Sign me up.

And me, too, but let us spare a thought of gratefulness for the early adopters who are keeping CDP in business while also testing the game for us and providing valuable feedback for the EE.
I'm sure this game will be awesome once the EE (maybe even including the expansions?) will be out.
We will also have better hardware when we play it like Intel Skylake/Cannonlake and 16nm FinFET nVidia Pascal GPUs to enjoy this at ÜBER+++ settings with Triss giving free blowjobs as a bonus.

News Comments > GOG.com Additions
1. Re: GOG.com Additions May 11, 2015, 19:07 CJ_Parker

And still no Freelancer because Microsoft doesn't give a shit about PC gaming. Those fucking assholes.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming
24. Re: Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming May 9, 2015, 21:17 CJ_Parker

Alamar wrote on May 9, 2015, 19:15:
The extra key isn't meant for extra people; just convenience... But they'll be sold... A lot...

Read the quoted bit from the news again. I believe you might have missed the part where they talked about linking existing Frontier accounts with Steam. The key you can generate on your Frontier account page and then register on Steam will only work with the Frontier account it belongs to. Selling the key makes no sense unless you want to scam someone or sell the entire account.

News Comments > All Future Battlefield 4 Content Free
7. Re: All Future Battlefield 4 Content Free May 9, 2015, 16:46 CJ_Parker

For me to get interested in BF4, they'd need to give premium away for free or bundle the main game and premium and sell it for $9.99 total. Since that will never happen they can go and shove their free stuff right up their dumb ass!  

22. Re: Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming May 9, 2015, 14:07 CJ_Parker

Dev wrote on May 9, 2015, 11:10:
It's gotten much better, but last steam sale I still noticed it, errors with steam store while browsing and trying to buy, etc. It's always the front end, never the actual content bandwidth as far as I can tell.

Same here. To say these things are completely a thing of the past is unfortunately wishful thinking. However, it's usually only on the first three days of a sale and then also only around the time the store updates which is 10:00AM PST/PDT AFAIK when everyone and their dawg is checking for the latest daily deals.
As for content bandwidth, well, I've had it happen when I wanted to download a game at peak times during a sale that Steam gave me a "please try again later" message. Sure, it only took a few retries to get through eventually but still annoying when you can't access the games you have actually fookin' paid for.

6. Re: Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming May 8, 2015, 23:25 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on May 8, 2015, 22:46:
DangerDog wrote on May 8, 2015, 21:20:
That's nice I guess, don't really need it on Steam though.

I thought I recall some people complaining about this recently, wanting all their games in the same place. Overall, I think this is a good thing, if for no other reason than people have the choice.

The initial complaints were caused by the fact that Frontier said pre-release that the game would not (never) be released on Steam due to technical reasons with their (Frontier's) entire backend.
And then all of a sudden a couple months back it turned out to be possible to bring it to Steam contrary to previous claims.
So many people who would have preferred a Steam version from the start but bought the game anyway believing it would never be made available on Steam were not amused initially when it was not made clear whether you would be able to port existing copies to Steam or if you'd have to buy a second all new Steam copy.
Luckily for all sides, Frontier did the right thing here by offering Steam keys to current owners.

News Comments > Project CARS Livery Pack Released; AMD Optimizations Coming
27. Re: Project CARS Livery Pack Released; AMD Optimizations Coming May 8, 2015, 21:46 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on May 8, 2015, 16:55:
and before that a matrox millennium (we should make a matrox millenium club, 4MB Vram whuddd!)

Your Matrox Millennium credibility just took an arrow to the knee. The VRAM on the Millennium was actually called "WRAM".

Dude. Seriously. You're out!

News Comments > Project CARS Livery Pack Released; AMD Optimizations Coming
18. Re: Project CARS Livery Pack Released; AMD Optimizations Coming May 8, 2015, 15:02 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on May 8, 2015, 09:26:
AMD having shitty drivers and slacking off with optimizations until after release.... tell me something new!

This kind of stuff is LITERALLY why I never owned more than 1 ATI GPU in my entire life.

^ this

Though I have personally had ZERO ATI/AMD GPUs in my life. Went from VLB to Matrox Millennium to several 3Dfx Voodoo variants including the first usage of SLI and then straight to GeForce and never saw any kind of reason to switch horses because ATI/AMD always appeared to be the inferior choice.
And with shit like this, any change of heart is becoming even more unlikely than it's ever been.
It's cute tho how the resident AMD fanbois are trying to defend their masters of sloppiness and laziness.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Voice Cast
7. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Voice Cast May 8, 2015, 00:49 CJ_Parker

I'm disappointed none of you made an effort to bring Anita Sarkeesian to a squirting orgasm by mentioning how fuckable that Ashley Greene chick is. Come on, guys. You can do better than that!

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade
20. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade May 7, 2015, 19:33 CJ_Parker

Due to the massive changes to character skills, perks and whatnot I would guess the odds of current save game compatibility with all the substantial new changes are like the ones of successfully navigating an asteroid field. But maybe inXile has a Han Solo and Chewie on their team and they'll make it happen.  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos
22. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos May 6, 2015, 19:26 CJ_Parker

Gib007 wrote on May 6, 2015, 14:28:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 6, 2015, 13:02:
Not too expensive for the retards who buy this game for $60 and premium at $60 plus whatever else EA has lined up as paid DLC. Those are the kind of retards who will buy anything.

Thanks. I pre-ordered this and will buy Premium too. It's Star Wars.

Uh-oh, your poor titties. You sure you're ready for the milking? Better stock up on bag balm for your udders, dude.
They're banking and relying on people like you though. Please don't come here and cry how buggy and shitty everything is. You get what you deserve if you preorder any EA game and even more so if it is based on a popular franchise.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Windows 10 Users Will Be Able To Flip The Bird With New Emoji. May 6, 2015, 13:11 CJ_Parker

HAHAHA Microsoft those assholes... at least they got some people left with a sense of humor. The emoji looks almost exactly like an Apple logo with a middle finger sticking out. Subtle and ingenious.

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
39. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 13:05 CJ_Parker

Wake me up when they start rendering at minimum full HD *per eye*. This one is too low res to bother.  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos
6. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos May 6, 2015, 13:02 CJ_Parker

Not too expensive for the retards who buy this game for $60 and premium at $60 plus whatever else EA has lined up as paid DLC. Those are the kind of retards who will buy anything.  

2144 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo