Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Tampa, FL 10/09
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 2370 (Senior)
User ID 24408
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4: No Level Cap; Play Past the Ending
9. Re: Fallout 4: No Level Cap; Play Past the Ending Aug 6, 2015, 20:01 CJ_Parker
Translation: Fuck balancing. Let the modders do it!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Evening Interviews
28. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 6, 2015, 12:11 CJ_Parker
As for my personal preference I'd absolutely love a tactical shooter like Rogue Spear but that's not at all what we are getting with Star Marine.
CIG/CR originally promised slower gameplay (slower in reference to CoD, BF etc.) but that is nowhere to be seen in any of the videos. It is 100% run and gun with ridiculously poor animations given the budget and how they have boasted about mocap this, mocap that, mocap the bewbs bouncing and the penis dangling, everything, blabla...

Star Marine is another example of the many scope and target audience changes with this game. When CR got a taste of all the mucho dolares that kept coming his way, he realized that the original vision for Star Marine (slow, tactical etc.) would only appeal to a very limited demographic. So everything was shifted more towards mainstream compatibility and mass appeal.
To at least somewhat keep the promise, however, it looks like they are trying to cram some "tactical" features into the game. Features which any person with a brain and some taste in gaming can immediately identify as incompatible with the run&gun style.

And don't get me started on the totally overhyped "revolutionary" zero G. There is a reason it's not been done (often) before. The reason is it's slow, floaty, sucky, imprecise, dumb... anyone can hit a slow floating target. How do you make it fun? Do you slow down arm (weapon) movement and make it sucky and floaty so aiming becomes more challenging? Come on. It's just not going to be fun.
If you want to make zero G fun, you need to change genres, drop realism altogether and switch to a crazy fun shooter style like some of the original Q3A or UT mods/modes which had crazy fun low grav or zero G gameplay.
News Comments > Quote of the Day
6. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 6, 2015, 11:54 CJ_Parker
Hm. Curious how that correlates with Phil Spencer's constant "everything is going to be so AWESOME and we have AWESOME stuff coming up for Windows 10 gaming".
In the meantime Kevin Unangst gets a bonus point for honesty while Phil Spencer gets to keep on wearing the "I'm a lying cockfag" t-shirt until MS prove they give a shit.
News Comments > Evening Interviews
25. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 6, 2015, 08:00 CJ_Parker
jdreyer wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 00:10:
Zor wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 22:50:
blah blah blah, they're taking too long so it's being done wrong and none of them have talent and it's all a scam and blah blah I'm impatient I don't want more I want less and quicker and I have noooooooooothing else to do with all my time but scream through my keyboard at the internet that game development I can actually take part of is a horrible and unexpectedly lengthy pile of crap I wish I had never touched blah blah...

Meanwhile, the actual takeaway from that article was this:
"We've seen what they've got coming up and you won't want to miss it."

Do we have more info on the FPS? I think from what I've seen so far, my main disappointment is: spaceships have pew-pew lasers, but the FPS has regular bullet guns. I'd much prefer even more futuristic weapons, even while the setting and zero-G stuff looked cool.

I completely agree. It is pretty clear that Roberts is just trying to completely appeal to the mainstream CoD, BF and CSGO demographic now. Remember the official poll on the weapon sights (with the retarded blur)? Those weapons and sights are supposed to be from the year 2943? Yeah. Right.
There is nothing futuristic about them at all. CIG is playing it extra safe in the name of the holy Dollar by trying to appeal to the mainstream pew pew gamers for MOAR MILLIONS.

And we're going to have to wait&see on the promised depth and complexity with regard to more "tactical" gameplay. I have serious doubts about the practical use of the suggested features like e.g. dragging a wounded team member to a safe spot. Who the fuck does that in multiplayer FPS? Right. No one.
Everyone takes care of themselves and why expose yourself and make yourself extra vulnerable to enemy fire by helping a team member if your time is much better spent on the offensive or defensive trying to find cover?
The only reason people heal others in BF is because it gives you upgrade points and not because of some tactical advantage. Heck, depending on the situation, the other guy might actually be much better off respawning on their squad leader than getting a heal/rez.

Roberts really sucks at game design that has nothing to do with the single player space parts. It is becoming increasingly clear that he has been out of the loop for a long time and that he has both, poor taste and poor experience with regard to competitive online play.
News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced
34. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced Aug 5, 2015, 19:20 CJ_Parker
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 14:46:
Bundy wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 14:30:
Yeah they wanted to not let you turret. I prefer Star Citizen's method to this, personally. In ED they gimped your ship. In SC they didn't, but if you keep spinning too quickly your vision gets blurry and you lose consciousness. I don't care for the flight system in ED. Regardless of their reasons. Even the nimble ships feel like you're flying a freight train. Just wasn't fun.
I much prefer ED flight model to SC.
SC just makes me frustrated and it feels like I am controlling a freecam not a space ship.

Anyways we'll see what Chris Roberts does until release but if they keep the flight model the way it is I won't be playing SC at all. Elite is way better imo, to each their own.

^ this

CIG is going to have to completely revamp their flight model to even come close to their self-proclaimed standard of wishing to become the BDSSE (best damn space sim ever).

Elite Dangerous may not appeal to everyone and certainly not to the exact same demographic as SC because it's two entirely different concepts but big kudos to Braben & co for nailing the spaceship part.
With my HOTAS Warthog (and a nice custom T.A.R.G.E.T profile) it is simply awesome from A to Z when you sit in your landing bay, go through the checklist and take off into the great wide open.
As you said, it feels like actually flying instead of playing Crysis in space.

At this point I have very little hope for SC in that regard. They probably just went with the wrong engine. Squadron 42 still has not officially been delayed so we must assume that S42 will launch with the current flight model by the end of this year. If S42 is delayed for improvements to the flight model then it will be a long delay because they are going to have to basically start from scratch to make it feel like flying a ship as in E:D or even like in CR's previous games.
All of the old space sims simply feel better than SC even if they're maybe not nearly as physically accurate (tho I actually have huge doubts about SC's *supposed* physical accuracy). But who really gives a shit about physics? Just make it fun already...
News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Aug 5, 2015, 12:35 CJ_Parker
Still doesn't say whether it's on rails or free movement. Looks like rails with some limited up/down/left/right to me. The lack of boasting free movement actually speaks volumes.

Anyway, this is only a discount buy at best since this will end up as bug, lag and DLC hell. Wake me up when the game *and* premium can be had for <= $20.
News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced
14. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced Aug 5, 2015, 12:18 CJ_Parker
Aero wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 11:45:
Planetary landings was always planned as the second expansion and was always going to cost $50. The alpha backers already paid for it ($150 for the initial release plus two major expansions--planetary landing and first person whatever). A lot of people seem surprised by this.

A minor correction: Backing at 150 (not $) which was called "Founder Level" actually only gave you "premium beta" access and not alpha access. You had to back at 200+ (not $) for alpha access.
Also, everyone who pledged at 80+ is getting a free expansion (I'm guessing that Horizons is free for those folks since it's the first real purchasable add-on) and everyone who pledged at 90+ is getting ALL expansions for free.

Personally I think that in the case of these expansions it's pretty cool of FD to actually honor and respect their early backers instead of going 'fuck 'em' and break promises left, right and center.
People who originally pledged at 90+ made quite a bargain compared to people who bought the game later (the lifetime expansion pass is now selling for 130).
It is nice of FD to honor the early commitment and to attribute real value to the display of trust of their early backers. That's exactly how it should be.
News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 4, 2015, 12:10 CJ_Parker
Xbone Elite - Now with even MOAR FAIL  
News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 12:09 CJ_Parker
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 10:40:
I wonder what the enterprise versions does here? A home user may or may not care all that much, but a lot of companies will care and I'd have to think MS knows that and then I think the enterprise version may have greatly reduced tracking.

You are correct. Contrary to Home or Pro, if you set Telemetry to '0' via the registry, Enterprise will actually stop sending any data to MS. Home or Pro will still send data at 'Enhanced' level at the '0' setting.

BTW, I have read of at least one guy who has blocked Microsoft IPs via his router so it shouldn't be too hard to google which IPs those are. It's probably the most effective way to block any spying from happening at the very source level.
News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Aug 2, 2015, 19:32 CJ_Parker
Linthat22 wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 19:01:
Why is it that I had frustratingly fun with this game back in the 90's and yet everyone on here is shitting on it? $5 bucks is a lot better than the $40 I spent on it at Babbages back in the day. And that's with a 3df/X card.

*edit* I didn't realize it was that Thief game. My bad.

Dude? Amazed

Oh. Wall2

My. Hahaha_no

God. Lol_dies
News Comments > The Witcher III Patch Notes
2. Re: The Witcher III Patch Notes Jul 31, 2015, 19:37 CJ_Parker
Triss > Yennefer  
News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 31, 2015, 19:13 CJ_Parker
Hardware acceleration with FF has always been troublesome and is best left disabled.  
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 31, 2015, 09:40 CJ_Parker

Know what's also "tragic" and "damaging", AMD? Releasing a video card that is advertised as an "overclocker's dream" and then having the card crap out after upping the clocks by 20MHz. Or advertising a card as "King of the Hill" and then deliver a molehill mountaineer.

They need to STFU and just get better at their own game.
News Comments > Demons Age Announced
3. Re: Demons Age Announced Jul 30, 2015, 21:54 CJ_Parker
So with the lack of any kind of apostrophe in the title is this a game about geriatric demons?  
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 30, 2015, 10:35 CJ_Parker
Verno wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 10:22:
I keep hearing about the potential privacy problems of Windows 10 but you can disable the vast majority of it at install time, the post install setup literally asks you for your preferences on it. I went one step further and blocked the telemetry servers on my router just because I'm paranoid though :)

This (router blocking) would be the only reliable way to block it for Win 10 Home and Pro users by the way. The registry hack where you disable telemetry only really works for Win 10 Enterprise but Home and Pro will still send data even if it is set to '0', and as far as I have read, even on the lowest spy level, Win 10 still sends a list of all installed programs to MS.
Win 10 is spyware extraordinaire but I guess that was to be expected from a "free" upgrade.
Oh, and as for the Solitaire thing... this is only the beginning. Only a matter of time until they offer ad-free (waiting time free) logon screen subs.
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 30, 2015, 09:52 CJ_Parker
jimnms wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 08:54:
That sucks if I have to install twice to get a clean install. Even worse, when I get around to building a new system, I'll have to install Win7, upgrade to Win10 then re-install Win10. SIW discontinued the free version and the last free version doesn't work on Win8/10, so unless there is another way to get the license key, I have to keep backups of install media for each system.

Dude? Research?

1) Unless you have an ancient system, the upgrade only takes a few minutes. The same goes for the (unnecessary) "clean" install. This is not Windows 98. Do some research. It takes only a few minutes to install Win 10 from scratch.

2) It has been known for MONTHS now and posted all over relevant threads/sites that you absolutely do NOT have to go through the ordeal of a Win 7/Win 8 reinstall. You just install Win 10 with a generic key and if the activation gives you crap about a changed hardware ID you call MS and have them reset your stuff (or follow their instructions to actually go legit and BUY a new Win 10 license... whatever they will tell you... at the very latest after July 29, 2016 they will probably tell you to fuck off and buy Win 10).

You need to let go off the thought of having a unique key with Win 10. You don't. You just need any old generic key for the install. The only thing that counts is the activation which creates a unique hardware ID on Microsoft's activation backend and binds it to your Win 10 install.
Also, once you convert your Win 7/8.x license to a Win 10 license, you might be able to reinstall Win 7/8.x with your original key BUT you won't be able to activate it so you will have to get in touch with MS in any case. Might as well skip the reinstall and install 10 with a generic key, then call them and explain why you require a reset.
News Comments > & Windows 10
23. Re: & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 17:47 CJ_Parker
Krovven wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 15:51:
They aren't funny though, nor are they accurate. You did it in both of your posts and looks foolish. Then the other tards chime in with their me-too shit.

Speak for yourself, dude, if you can't take a joke at the cost of something or someone you suck the cock of.
I, for one, was decently entertained by Creston's posts. They weren't the ultimate kneeslappers or anything like that but worth a good ol' chuckle or two.

You need to relax your asshole and breathe more deeply. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Gooooodddd booooyyy.... there we go!
News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 29, 2015, 15:12 CJ_Parker
HoSpanky wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:13:
What would it take from MS to show that they give a crap about PC Gaming?

- Quit making shady backroom deals with publishers for (timed) ShitBox exclusives
- Stop making ShitBox exclusive games altogether and give the customer a FREE CHOICE whether to buy Halo, GoW or Fable on the ShitBox or the PC. Make each version the best it can be. Don't just release a straight ShitBox port.
- Either open up an in-house PC exclusive development branch or...
- Collaborate with 3rd party developers to produce PC exclusive games that take full advantage of the PC's capabilities
- Make sure that any games published by Microsoft are released in an optimized state for the PC
- Develop sequels to successful PC franchises of the past, namely Age of Empires, Microsoft (Combat) Flight Simulator, Starlancer, Crimson Skies, MechWarrior/MechCommander, Rise of Nations, Freelancer and so on...
- Release their classics like Starlancer/Freelancer etc. on GOG, Steam or wherever - It is OUTFUCKINRAGEOUS that these games have never been released in digital format.

That would do for starters. kthx.
14. Re: & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 14:10 CJ_Parker
NegaDeath wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 14:02:
Valves customer service sucks and that extends to making sure the stuff they sell actually works on modern systems. They leave it to customers to figure it out and post fixes in the forums. I don't think they even have compatibility warnings on the product page, do they?

At least for Fallout 3 they actually do. It has a note saying that the game is not optimized for Windows 7 and later.
10. Re: & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 13:52 CJ_Parker
What? You expect Valve to invest some of their HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of PROFIT in a couple interns to test shit for almost free? Can't have that. Valve won't invest in anything that does not auto-generate MOAR cash for Gabe's fat ass belly.
2370 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News logo