Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1696 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 10, 2014, 16:46 CJ_Parker

"a true testament to BioWare's love for PC gaming"

I swear I was *that* close to puking all over my keyboard, man!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2014, 10:12 CJ_Parker

66 pages dopehead drivel. 1 page actual complaint.

News Comments > RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC
11. Re: RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC Oct 10, 2014, 10:08 CJ_Parker

Haha Crytek the desperate little bitches remembering about the PC now that they need our monies... you know what, I think I'm gonna spend all weekend downloading and deleting this in an endless loop from some torrent site just to drive up the counter!  

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
12. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 10:27 CJ_Parker

HAHA those fuckers. Well, my wallet doesn't "support" $50 transactions for 30fps games either. Too bad huh? BWWAHAHAHAHA  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 9, 2014, 06:25 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 20:36:
Broads shouldn't be in charge of tech companies. But if you're going to do it regardless, at least put one in who...

Disappointing. I thought you were gonna continue that sentence with "... is a looker with huge b00bies wearing tight blouses and skirts".

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 9, 2014, 06:23 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 20:03:
UConnBBall wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 19:44:
Once again AMD does right to the community and consumers and yet you'll buy a NVIDIA.

Does it ever occur to you that there might be more relevant purchase reasons than "doing right by the community" (what community, the 0.01% Linux gamers?) like say, proper cooling and non-noisy fans? You ever heard an R290 ? My 670GTX is near silent despite 3 fans.

^ this ... not the community's fault that AMD's cards are simply spoken pieces of utter shite

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
34. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 12:59 CJ_Parker

Loopy wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 12:21:
I must misunderstand project planning and management or they've really gone of the rails. I don't get how more stretch goals are realistic or reasonable.

As you can see, the stretch goal is a ship vote and the winner gets moved near the top of the production pipeline. As you can also see, they have really come up with very "creative" ship roles just to increase the number of possible votes and ships.

All of this has just one purpose, of course: To be able to offer up many more ships sales in "you guys asked for it" fashion.
Every ship sale adds at worst a few 100K or, if it is a "limited" and/or LTI ship, often times $2+ million to the counter.
People at the forums are begging on their knees for more sales and for more info when a sale might happen so they can start saving up for it.

Of course all of this has nothing to do with being "realistic" but from a management and marketing perspective it is certainly highly "reasonable" to milk the suckers as long and as often as possible.

As for realism, CIG is nuts. Look at the ship roles. Except for the announced plain old regular combat (PvE and PvP dogfighting), boarding, capital ship gameplay, smuggling, salvaging, exploration/charting, trading, racing and bounty-hunting which all by themselves are already insanely complex systems, CIG also needs to design gameplay systems for search & rescue, passenger transportation, space "live" repairs, minelaying, minesweeping, and recon.

We're talking decades of design and implementation work here to really flesh out these systems to any level of fidelity that would warrant the "BDSSE" (best damn space sim ever) title.
IMHO it is microwave length short-sighted by CIG to just cough up these ship roles only to have moar sales when any of these ships and the underlying gameplay systems are MANY YEARS away from completion.
It's also setting completely unrealistic expectations. People at the forums are having wild fantasies about every single ship role that just will not realistically be implemented in the next ten years - if ever.

And that's why this game is doomed to fail. CIG will never be able to create all these gameplay systems to a level that it's fun for everyone. It's way too big and way too much work to even keep a fraction of people happy. Look at other MMOs where it always takes ages before important issues are addressed or before any new meaningful content is added. Star Citizen will never be able to keep up with people's demands for fleshed out gameplay systems and new content. Just balancing all of the many ships against each other and giving each one a meaningful role is going to be an epic task.
One day people will realize that CIG bit off chunks more than they can chew thanks to their megalomaniac CEO and then: mass exodus, game over.

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
19. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 11:57 CJ_Parker

Yep. They can go and fuck themselves - hard. Luckily I haven't bought BF4 and won't buy this POS either. Quality issues aside, the pricing is outrageous, too.
$50 for the game and another $50 for premium = $100 for, if it technically works at all and isn't ruined by cheaters, a mildly entertaining multiplayer game at best. One hundred fucking bucks. Keep right on dreaming, EA.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 8, 2014, 10:03 CJ_Parker

I wantz sum infected ATM action, too!!  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
9. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 10:00 CJ_Parker

Haha CitizenCon, the only place in the world with more wet fangurl panties than a Justin Bieber concert!  

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
24. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 7, 2014, 22:31 CJ_Parker

How the fuck can a company that has "bros" in the title be such uptight assholes?!?  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Oct 6, 2014, 14:17 CJ_Parker

The new missions might be fun but what for? Only to end up at level 60 and to go back to grinding dailies or to stealth-rush through the same FPs (and OPs but only if you have a guild and lots of free time) over and over and over again. Yawn. What a bore.
They'd have to completely change the entire end game to ever rekindle my interest in this game.
As it stands, the game is decent as long as you are leveling up through the well executed class stories. But once you're max level, it turns into an uninspired retarded repetitive grindfest with very poor gameplay just like most other MMOs.

News Comments > Door Kickers This Month
5. Re: Door Kickers This Month Oct 6, 2014, 11:00 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 09:41:
Fuck yeah let's execute some no-knock warrants on the wrong homes and maybe flashbang a 6 month old in their crib.

Flashbanging six months olds is kinda boring cuz them fuckers are way too small to really get annoyed and you can't even knock them off their feet cuz they are already lying down in their crib. Fuck, if you're really unlucky they might even think it's some kinda new game or summin'.
Nah dude. They gotta be quite a bit older so you and them can truly enjoy the fireworks!

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Oct 6, 2014, 10:18 CJ_Parker

OK most of the PC action for SoM is prolly happening on Steam but only 3% is harsh, man. And it explains quite a lot...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 11:12 CJ_Parker

Now please stop buying it so it can go on sale sooner kthx  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
13. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Oct 4, 2014, 19:04 CJ_Parker

They are going to delay this piece of shit indefinitely as long as retards keep buying ships like crazy every sale. Their focus has completely shifted to monetization. A ship sale equates to about +$2 million on the clock so it's less than surprising that they moved the entire ship creation process from Austin to LA (Chris Roberts is in LA for those who don't know).

And big lol @ progress on Squadron 42. So mocap sessions after Xmas and tons of grey and white boxing right now eh? Holy fuck!
I thought Squadron 42 was still at least half on track for a Q4/2014 release or more likely early 2015 but from this report it sounds very much like a Q3/2015 release for the first ten episodes at the very earliest. With the usual delays prolly more like Nov, Dec 2015.
Oh well, I guess that's what happens if they abuse the studio that should be solely focused on Squadron 42 for helping out on the game's monetization aspects.

Game ain't even out yet but just from avidly reading them reports you can congratulate them on being one of the most mismanaged gaming projects in history only topped by Chris Roberts' own Freelancer and anything that the fuckers from Obsidian have ever been working on!

News Comments > Game Reviews
13. Re: Game Reviews Oct 4, 2014, 18:06 CJ_Parker

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 16:19:
Some of the reviewers were put off by the length, up to 20-25 hrs in some cases to finish the campaign. They probably thought they could finish the game in 8-10 hrs, then had to rush through to get the review finished on time when they realized it was so long.

Nope. The problem seems to be that it's fun to play hide and seek with the fucking Alien for the first five hours. After that it's supposed to turn into a nuisance due to being either way too predictable or the opposite where the Alien pounces you very randomly with lethal precision and no chance to defend yourself if you did not know what was coming.
It seems that the high scores are mostly coming from the reviewers who put in only a few hours and the low scores are coming from the folks who actually bothered to slog through (at least nearly) the entire game.
The complaints about the game being too long are mostly directed at the extremely repetitive gameplay. Playing hide and seek is only fun for that long and 20 hours seemed to be way too long for some folks.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 3, 2014, 09:48 CJ_Parker

IGN and GameSpot ripped AI a new one with 5.9/10 and 6/10 reviews, respectively. Metacritic average is 82 at the moment.

So... mediocre game is mediocre.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Delayed
19. Re: Pillars of Eternity Delayed Oct 3, 2014, 09:38 CJ_Parker

I love how these fuckers still haven't sent out a backer announcement via Kickstarter but how backers once again had to learn about this second massive delay via a 3rd party.
Apparently writing a short heads-up and apology, then clicking the left mouse button to release it to backers is too much work as you'd have to actually lift your fingers and shit.
Good thing I've become similarly lazy when it comes to Kickstarter so when these clowns launch their next KS project, I might have very similar symptoms of paralysis. Scratch 'might', replace by 'will'.

Since they can't be bothered to adhere to the basic pillars of communication and trust, they can go and fuck themselves for all eternity (pardon the pun).

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 09:37 CJ_Parker

Have to agree with Quinn. D:OS and Wasteland 2 may be wonderful games but I can not find anything immersive about games with an isometric perspective. The simplistic point&click gameplay does not lend itself very well to sucking one into the game world. It's more like playing God or a marionette player rather than actually "being there" in that world and doing things.  

1696 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo