Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1921 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 14:47 CJ_Parker

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 14:39:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 13:19:
Year of the Sheep? Yeah. I can easily believe that seeing all these morons preordering GTA V... or just generally every week the Steam charts are released!

Jesus christ! Give it a rest already! Don't you have homework to do or something? Fuckin' hell...

HAHAHA there's nothing quite like the smell of some bunched up panties in the mornin'...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
14. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 19, 2015, 14:45 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 14:42:
Whoa, whoa, whoa guys. Hold up. What happened to Gearbox being munnie grubbing bastards, and Randy Pitchfork being Satan Incarnate? Besides CJ, where are all the other haters?

I have chainsaw-massacred them cuz I want ta be the LONE GRUMPY CAT IN DA MUTHAFUCKIN HOUSE BIOTCH!!11

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 13:19 CJ_Parker

Year of the Sheep? Yeah. I can easily believe that seeing all these morons preordering GTA V... or just generally every week the Steam charts are released!  

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
73. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2015, 13:17 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 09:04:
alright I think i've over extended myself in this thread, and it's starting to turn into an ordeal, and i'm like 6 beers deep. here we go.

Dude. Don't drink and post, like, especially you, mkay?!

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
9. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 19, 2015, 13:14 CJ_Parker

Yep. Remastered version of ancient game is $5 max. Not sure what they were thinking pricing it like that. Greedy buttfucks.  

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
15. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 18, 2015, 20:10 CJ_Parker

According to WCCFtech Wardell has clarified that this was on a Xfire setup by the way (unreleased GPU... maybe Fiji XT a.k.a R9-390X?) and an Intel i7 CPU.  

News Comments > Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought
1. Re: Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought Feb 17, 2015, 09:43 CJ_Parker

Um yeah. Fuck you Squeenix and your lame abuse of Kickstarter as a pure marketing and assessment tool.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
56. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 16, 2015, 15:47 CJ_Parker

Quinn wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 14:31:
Meh, they announced a PC release a long time ago. I have the impression they are working their arses off to optimize it for the PC.

HAHA you wish. It's more likely they did a copy&paste about a year ago and are now just waiting for the exclusivity period to end. The originally announced release in January was probably just a mistake by someone who could not count to 18 months from September 2013.
Or... they all of a sudden realized in January that the copy&paste might not have been enough and then scheduled a month for PC optimizations.

... but it seems you simply feel like PC gamers somehow are entitled to a higher degree of respect and reverence, and because Rockstart didn't announce a PC release the moment they announced GTAV you feel angry and insulted. It's a position I don't share.

Nope, I don't feel that PC gamers are entitled to a higher degree of respect but only that we should be treated equal.
You do realize what happened behind the scenes here, right? Sony and MS know exactly that GTA V is a system seller extraordinaire so bribes were exchanged behind the curtain to actively prevent a PC release from happening at the same time as the console versions. It was a vile and treacherous act to not release on PC at the same time as last gen (September 2013) or next gen consoles (holiday 2014).

If all of the involved parties had some spine, balls and integrity, then they would let the consumer decide which version to buy and release the game simultaneously worldwide on ALL feasible platforms.

I am almost willing to give Sony a free pass by the way. They have no stake in the PC and were only ever interested in bringing the game to PS3 and PS4. Fine. Fair enough.
Microsoft, however, are the real scum of the earth here once again with their hypocrisy and double standards as they actively worked against a PC release (as many times before and just recently again with the Tomb Raider sequel) and at the same time keep claiming that PC Windows gaming matters to them. Those lying dipshits...
And Rockstar are just cheap little sluts for accepting the bribes and obeying their platform overlords every wish.
They are also silly little clown girls for tiptoeing around the definitive confirmation of a PC port for such a long time.

And that is why none of those parties deserves a preorder. By preordering you are greenlighting another delayed PC port of GTA VI. You are actively encouraging and supporting their shabby policies with regard to the PC Windows platform.
But as I said: If that is what you want, go ahead, and preorder two or three copies to be sure. What you reap is what you sow...

54. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 16, 2015, 13:07 CJ_Parker

Look, I don't generally have a problem with preorders. If people wanna preorder a great PC game like The Witcher 3, fine. It is well established that CDP does give two shits about PC gamers and they don't do any shady backroom exclusivity deals or withhold their games from PC gamers for no other reason than LA HOLY MOOLAH.

But arrogant assholes like Rockstar should not be rewarded for their treatment of PC gamers. It was pathetic how they went out of their way to avoid saying whether there would even be a PC version at all. They played PC gamers like a fat cat a wounded mouse. Their entire conduct was outright disgusting and now all they want from their precious GTA V is to cash in on PC gamers one last time.

All I'm saying is don't reward them with a preorder. Show'em some pride, some spine and some integrity. Show them you don't appreciate being sneered at. Don't bend over. That is all.

43. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 16, 2015, 03:50 CJ_Parker

Well, you guys go right ahead and preorder that piece of console garbage but remember that what you reap is what you sow. By preordering shit games like GTA V you are voiding your right to ever complain about the state of PC gaming or poor console ports again.
You are actively encouraging Rockstar'n'Take2 to fuck over PC gamers once more come the next opportunity. If that is what you want, sure, preorder two copies to make sure you get fucked even harder. Or three if you really want to get your brains (well, or the sad bits that are left of it anyway) fucked out for good.

To the tard who said GTA V is "only" a year late: Try 18 months. It was first released September 2013. Facts, man. Facts. Get 'em straight and shit if you wanna troll back.

Welp. I hope that sped up y'allz slow Sundays a little and to everyone who skipped their weird religion's Sunday church classes I'd say you've come to the right place to make up for it. It doesn't get any better than receiving a lesson for life by yours truly, does it now?. So. Just remember this: Supporting corps who treat you like shit is shit, mkay?

/kthxpeaceout

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 15, 2015, 19:09 CJ_Parker

Kosumo wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 19:07:
I never knew their is a third class of shite.

I'd like to know, is their other classes of shite aswell?

Yes. Second and first class shite obviously. Duh.

Also, the term "intelligence" was invented because of me and my family. Look it up. True story.
But I wouldn't expect any GTA V preordering plebeian to know this, of course.

24. removed Feb 15, 2015, 17:17 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 16, 2015, 07:33.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
25. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 01:06 CJ_Parker

I feel sorry for anyone who has backed Godus. The least this fraudulent little fuck should do is dig into his own multi-millionaire funds to finish and deliver the game that people backed, not make up lame excuses and blame it on everything but his own dumb, incompetent self.
Unfortunately, Kickstarter is probably bullet-proof with regard to this sort of failure but I wish someone would sue his ass and that a court would sentence him to either delivery or pay damages (full refund).
Can't say I disagree with the interviewer's style either. He just talked to Molyneux like the complete fucking asshole that he is. Fair game.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow
2. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Feb 13, 2015, 15:16 CJ_Parker

I've lost any interest in these games since I've heard that they permaban people from their forums simply for asking (politely) if or when a patch might be released or similarly harmless questions. IIRC someone here mentioned they even banned people just for reporting bugs when Stalingrad was still in beta. Gig must be run by Putin's little bro if all of those stories are true.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
20. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 13, 2015, 13:31 CJ_Parker

Oh I see... nice one  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
18. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2015, 13:29 CJ_Parker

Don't KS devs in many cases ask for a budget that will allow them to make a case for investors (their bank) to give them a certain amount of credit?
Obviously Chris Roberts never needed to hit the bank or investors but Larian Studios only made about a million (dollars) and the game cost about five million (euros) to make. Or Elite Dangerous' budget is estimated to be in the double digit million pounds but it only made about 1.5 million pounds on KS.
I don't think it's realistic to get the full budget on KS (with very few exceptions like SC).

I do not know whatever a bank or other investors would require in terms of a percentage of the full budget to accept funding a project but I agree that a developer should always be very conservative with their estimates. It's definitely better to calculate 20% over the budget you think you will need and possibly end up having money in the bank in the end than running out of cash before the game is finished.
Unfortunately, I'm under the impression that many devs are doing the opposite and promising their investors the impossible just to get the or *any* money at all.

18. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 13, 2015, 13:13 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 03:47:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 19:19:
Please tell me they're not really calling their own games "opuses", especially the shitty and buggy one.

Oh wait. I forgot. They're Frenchies after all... *sigh*

The plural of "opus" is "oppai." Look it up.

Dude. No.

I've had Latin at school for nine fucking years and I'm the not so proud owner of the 'Great Latinum' badge. The plural of "opus" is "opera". It's a neutral word. That's why it deviates from the grammatical norm where masculine words ending in "-us" usually end in "-i" in the plural form. Opus is different because it's neutral so it's "opera" instead of "opi" (lol@oppai) which does not exist.

11. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 13, 2015, 00:35 CJ_Parker

clint wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 22:05:
Just last week I talked to a small crowd of teenagers who all bought a xbone because they believed call of dutys was exclusive to it. They had seen ads from the xbone announcements, no more research required.

Well, I sincerely hope that you did fulfill your PC gamer duty and killed them all on the spot, then trashed the Xbones.

5. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 12, 2015, 19:19 CJ_Parker

Please tell me they're not really calling their own games "opuses", especially the shitty and buggy one.

Oh wait. I forgot. They're Frenchies after all... *sigh*

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote
12. Re: Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote Feb 12, 2015, 14:31 CJ_Parker

HAHA Obsidian those pussies... they're just afraid that their buggy and shitty game leaks on the web before the ship date and that many people would cancel their preorders.  

1921 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo