Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1698 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
26. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 22, 2014, 03:01 CJ_Parker

On Pay2Win: Chris Roberts' definition of P2W is that it's only P2W if you can buy nice shit in a store outside of the game and if that nice shit can not be obtained by regular gameplay because it's not even in the game.

So the reason you see a lot of SC fanbois defend the game as being not P2W is because they have accepted CR's rather narrow and limited definition as the universal almighty truth™ .
Taking massive shortcuts by buying your way to the top of the food chain is not P2W as per CR's definition.

Now make of that whatever you will, depending on whatever definition of P2W you are inclined to agree with, but that's how it is in Chris Roberts land.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
16. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 21, 2014, 20:46 CJ_Parker

{PH}88fingers wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 20:23:
... they have said that progression to bigger ships will be fairly easy and not take a lot of time. The Constellation Andromeda, a ship which sells for $225 in the pledge store, will be affordable with 40-60 hours of playtime.

This remains to be seen. CIG have gone back on their word and broken past promises more than a couple of times.

Except for irregular expansions, their only regular revenue model is supposed to be a cash shop post-release.
Which btw I seriously doubt... I don't believe they will drop ship sales for good seeing how it's these exact ship sales that have generated almost $70 million up to this point - why would they cut off their main revenue generator?
I bet they'll come up with some lame excuse like how they only meant the initial pledge ships won't continue to be sold for real money but new ships will still be offered for los dolares.

Anyway, they need to give people an incentive to use that shop heavily. So how do you do that? Right. Whenever in doubt you tweak and balance everything to be super-expensive and/or take ages of time with only one possible shortcut: Cash shop.

News Comments > Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam
7. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Dec 19, 2014, 21:22 CJ_Parker

jamiedj99 wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 21:10:
and that is way they are failing Steam plainly just better then origin in every way there is no benifit to using origin none that outways steam. its like having a porche and a broken porche what are you going to use steam works great...............

Dude.

Education.

Get one before it's too late!

News Comments > Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion
7. Re: Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion Dec 18, 2014, 20:00 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 19:45:
15 bathrooms? Why? Those are nice turlets though. I'd get an aquarium turlet built if I had stupid money like that.

I don't know, man. I don't think I could squeeze it out if a stupid fish would be staring me right in the eye. Paranoia and all that...

I want to shit alone and in peace!

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
16. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 14:55 CJ_Parker

To everyone hoping for a DAI sale, here's some breaking (maybe literally BWAAHAHA ) news:

The game is not even being sold on Steam. It's an EA game. Origin only. Stop hoping for a DAI sale on Steam. It won't happen. Not this year at least.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
11. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 14:26 CJ_Parker

Flash sales only every 12 hours and voting only every 24 hours instead of every 8 hours is a welcome change. Less grind, less watching the clock and less cursing if you've missed an 8 hour period!

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2014, 14:34.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
73. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 16:15 CJ_Parker

Dude, Lorcin, all the good advice is much appreciated but please watch this for a minute to learn the proper use of "your":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FdKPEA17m4

25. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 11:16 CJ_Parker

Yep. I've mapped everything to my Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS via TARGET (no scripting, just regular assignments) without any need to use a 'shift' function or the layers and plenty of free buttons (on the throttle at least... the stick is in full use). It's really not that much.  

22. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 11:11 CJ_Parker

Darks wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:50:
So, I'm going to hold off and wait on Star Citizen. I know that game is still a year or more away. but I'm content to wait.

Well, I hope you do realize that Star Citizen with all of the supported control devices and the myriad of features that have been promised is very likely going to be infinitely more complex in the controls customization and setup department than Elite Dangerous. Elite Dangerous is pretty much still far over on the light and easy side of things compared to any real complex (flight/space) sims.
You might want to stick to Call of Duty if this is too challenging for you. Honestly.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Expands
5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Expands Dec 16, 2014, 10:04 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 09:58:
After all the praise I read here, I cannot wait to buy the complete game (GOTY or Platinum Edtion or whatever it will be called) at next year's Christmas Steam sale!

^ this... or the year after that because I don't really want to pay more than 9.99 in the end. It will happen though. Just a lil more patience...

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
34. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 19:36 CJ_Parker

bigspender wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 17:41:
Actually it would be pretty cool to be able to stream XBone games to a PC.

Why the fuck would you wanna do that? You can get the shitty port for less money (or free even if you're one of those freebie fuckfaces called a 'pirate') and play it entirely lag-free directly on your PC.
It's not like the fucking ShitBone has any exclusives even worth streaming. That piece of shit lame ass fuck device from that cocksucking PC-backstabbing bunghole place called Microsoft.

/rant

Aaaahhh much better...

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
1. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 09:42 CJ_Parker

Those fuckers better that make that optional or I'm going to send them my daily bag of vomit produced every time I turn on my Win10 PC!  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Suspended
2. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Suspended Dec 12, 2014, 09:27 CJ_Parker

BWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Fuck you and your monetization schemes, Valve. Serves you fuckers right.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer
40. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 11, 2014, 19:17 CJ_Parker

Well, unless they have somehow fixed it, mining used to be very profitable until recently. You just had to find a good asteroid that yielded lots of palladium, milk it dry, log out, log back in, milk the asteroid dry again because it respawns its resources when you log (a weakness of the instancing stuff).
Several people with ships outfitted solely for mining have made millions with this exploit in the early gamma.

News Comments > EA/gamigo Deal
5. Re: EA/gamigo Deal Dec 11, 2014, 10:29 CJ_Parker

InBlack wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 09:56:
LanikTnt wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 09:35:
Man, you guys really hate an optional inanimate software program that intends no harm to anyone.

I dont hate Origins. I just hate that its an exclusive EA store/drm platform in one package. If Origins had a wider choice of overlapping games from different publishers I would even consider it as an alternative to Steam. Since this is EA we are talking about: NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!

OK, this might be a regional thing or whatever but I (Europe) could easily buy lots of 3rd party games from Origin like ACU, AC4, FarCry 4, Wasteland 2, Tomb Raider, EVE Online, Watch Dogs, Bound by Flame, Blackguards, some Splinter Cell games, Remember Me, Metro 2033 and Last Light, Resident Evil Revelations, Hitman Absolution, Saint's Row, Euro Truck Simulator, Darksiders 2, The Secret World, you know... I think by now it should be clear that they do not only carry the EA catalogue .

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer
22. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 11, 2014, 08:42 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 07:36:
As I docked I was reading the news at the station some of the top player pirates have nearly 300,000 bounty on their head already!

Haha yes that's probably mostly the dumbasses who thought there'd be a wipe and went bonkers shooting anything in sight all willy-nilly. Welp, and now with no wipe happening they are finding themselves at the center of attention all of a sudden .

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2014, 21:39 CJ_Parker

Bundy wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 14:47:
It's a timed exclusive, these happen all the time, let's not get carried away.

Rape and murder happens all the time, let's not get carried away.

Besides didn't Sony and Capcom just do the exact same thing with SF5, like yesterday?

There is a huge difference in that Sony does not have any stakes in the PC. I'm totally fine with Sony doing everything in their power to make the PS4 the best entertainment product. It's their very own closed platform and they can do as they please.

The fuckers from Microsoft, however, "own" both the PC Windows as well as the ShitBox platforms. We all know their priorities. In Microsoft's ideal world we are all using our PCs and MS Windows and Office for work and the ShitBox to wind down on the couch in the evening. You know, fuck the consumer and their idea of how to spend their spare time because Microsoft knows better and makes that decision for us! Awesome - like not at all...

Additionally Microsoft has outright sabotaged and destroyed the PC Windows gaming platform by actively shutting down most of their internal PC game dev studios (Ensemble and Aces for example) and striking many disgusting exclusive deals with 3rd parties to fuck PC gamers in the ass while at the same time claiming about once a year that the PC really matters to them.

If you can not see how Microsoft is effectively one giant big unwiped brown asshole, then I don't know what else you need, except maybe Nutella dude squatting over your face and showing you his goatse style...(?)

News Comments > Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week
15. Re: Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week Dec 10, 2014, 20:31 CJ_Parker

Add-ons. Not everything works with Prepar3d so people who have invested huge amounts of money in FSX add-ons that are not compatible with Prepar3d would be very hesitant to make the switch.
Also, the rumors of much improved performance might just be that. Rumors. At the core it's still FSX and many people are in fact reporting worse performance with Prepar3d if you look around popular sim forums like AVSIM. The experience doesn't seem to be consistently better for everyone, although at least the OOM/VAS issues seem to be all but gone.
It's a mixed bag. There's definitely quite a bit of research required before taking the Prepar3d plunge to check if any of your "must have add-ons" actually work with it.

News Comments > Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week
8. Re: Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week Dec 10, 2014, 12:25 CJ_Parker

Soulburner wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 11:18:
I'm really interested in what these guys can do next with this and FSXI.

That's just the big question isn't it? Are they really working on anything that would warrant the "FSXI" label or are they only working on more add-ons for FSX? Going by the Train Simulator history, DTG are going to milk this cow dry until the udders start bleeding. Expect thousands of little DLC packs for FSX.

As for FSX itself, it is severely suffering from its limitations. DirectX 9 performs like crap. DirectX 10 has never really worked and has only been made working via a payware addon by a dude named Steve. The performance is still only less crappy and not exactly stellar (depending on add-ons but if you go for the best stuff out there, then the performance, even on high end PCs, goes right down the shitter).
And then there's the dreaded OOM/VAS (out of memory or virtual address space) issues that occur if you have many add-ons for great visuals and detail installed plus a complex plane like the PMDG planes (737 NGX or 777).

It would be awesome, of course, if DTG could revamp FSX to the point of true 64-bit and DirectX 11 support but I believe it's already been established they won't be touching FSX' core/source. Going by DTG's questionable reputation (feel free to google how "happy" Train Sim fans seem to be with DTG), we're probably better off for it. FSX is like one of those old cars that does not run smooth but works and is magically held together by spit and glue. You don't really want to touch anything in order to not disturb whatever it is that causes it to keep going.

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
108. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 12:00 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:30:
Yes you can, I've seen from the main menu group management options and communication options, friends list etc., but I've never looked into it tbh.
There was also microphone mute option in the controls menu so I assume there are couple of ways to communicate.

Warning... the multiplayer features are still very barebone. The grouping stuff you see in the main menu only serves the purpose of a filter.
You can choose between open play (be able to see and be attackable by everyone), group play (be able to see and be attackable only by members of that group) or solo play (be hidden from everyone and only be attackable by NPCs).
You can switch seamlessly between these modes so if you know someone's camping outside the station waiting to kill you just switch to solo to avoid them.
BTW, if you want to play in MP but avoid PvP there is a large PvE group (far over 1000 players) called "MOBIUS". There is also a fake group called "MOBIUS." with a dot at the end. Be sure to avoid the "trap". Just enter the group name from the name menu, click join and whenever a group admin is online, they will invite you.

Back on chat and grouping: There is unfortunately no real option to group yet. You can just follow someone else, of course, but real group play is still work-in-progress. And chat (including VoIP) only works if you target someone AFAIK. Then you can chat directly with them but only them. It's one of the major points of criticism right now. You could also check out this clip for more info...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk4R8DSQiEo

1698 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo