Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1457 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 26, 2014, 03:27 CJ_Parker

I got a i7-4790K and that fucker gets pretty hot but not sure... do I really want to piss away my warranty like that? 'sides I ain't a handyman so I'd probably fuck it up big time. And let me think... hmmm... yeah I think I'm also too fucking lazy to even open my case, let alone remove the board and the cooler. That shit took time and TLC to put together in the first place. So naaaaahhhhh.... fuck off!!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced
10. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 26, 2014, 03:21 CJ_Parker

Fuckheads.

'nuff said

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
11. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 17:51 CJ_Parker

Amazon rulez.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 25, 2014, 16:52 CJ_Parker

Drayth wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 16:34:
Surprised Mantle wasn't mentioned.

Maybe they figured that a simple ass-fucking of nVidia owners is enough and that an additional fisting would be a tad too much pleasure?

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 25, 2014, 14:44 CJ_Parker

harlock wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 13:47:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 12:21:
Beamer wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 11:03:
Anyway, NVIDIA does this way more than AMD does.

No they don't, at least not in the same way that AMD does. AMD actively helped Crystal Dynamics withhold Tomb Raider code from nVidia so nVidia could not optimize their drivers before the launch of the game. And AMD probably bribed CD to forget a few semicolons in the nVidia render path because in the end the game required both to run (almost) flawlessly on nVidia cards, a driver update *and* a Crystal Dynamics patch.

So guess what will happen with Alien Isolation. Yeppers. Fucked up on purpose for nVidia cards.

Fuck AMD! Burn ze muzzerfuggerz!!!11

oh the humanity

BWWWAAAHAHAHAA yes, I know the truth hurts sometimes but what would ya do without uncle CJ tellin' ya how it is, eh? Woooooords of wisdom, baby, woooooooooooorrrrrddddsss of wisdom. And all for free, too. Yes 'tis too good ta be true. Truly.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 25, 2014, 12:21 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 11:03:
Anyway, NVIDIA does this way more than AMD does.

No they don't, at least not in the same way that AMD does. AMD actively helped Crystal Dynamics withhold Tomb Raider code from nVidia so nVidia could not optimize their drivers before the launch of the game. And AMD probably bribed CD to forget a few semicolons in the nVidia render path because in the end the game required both to run (almost) flawlessly on nVidia cards, a driver update *and* a Crystal Dynamics patch.

So guess what will happen with Alien Isolation. Yeppers. Fucked up on purpose for nVidia cards.

Fuck AMD! Burn ze muzzerfuggerz!!!11

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 25, 2014, 10:03 CJ_Parker

Great. So nVidia users are fucked. Awesome. Now when will AMD finally go bust, please? Hopefully soon.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2014, 04:24 CJ_Parker

Quinn wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 04:01:
LittleMe wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 21:55:
Quinn wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 17:26:
Sad to see Risen 3 isn't in the list. Most ppl who give it an honest chance would see the passion the devs put into that game.

Cool thanks for the comment on it. So do you suggest we play it on easy to avoid the game's combat? I'm waiting for it to be half price.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the combat. I play it on Hard.

What's wrong with the combat is that it is ridiculously easy even on Hard. There is no challenge and the game is a snorefest because of it.

I've been playing it for 40+ hours by now, still smiling contently as I see my hero bash the last enemy's head in and pushing him off a cliff. Shit like that happens, because the models still answer to the physics engine even during finishers. It's hilarious and awesome.

Hilarious is not exactly the word I would use. No. It's retarded and unrealistic when a 800 pound gorilla goes flying off a cliff as if it was a feather and it sucks that sometimes you can't get to the loot when enemies fall to places you can't reach.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
13. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 24, 2014, 05:51 CJ_Parker

NamecaF wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 05:20:
Cabezone wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 21:53:
Obsidian consistently makes good/great games...yeah fuck those guys.

Yeah, Alpha Protocol was the shit Rolleyes

That one... and Dungeon Siege 3, true classics.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
5. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 23, 2014, 19:33 CJ_Parker

RPG or not, those fuckers need to learn to manage projects properly and post more accurate release windows. It is ridiculous that a developer with their kind of experience can be that far off the original schedule.
Or they did this intentional to get more monies from KS by making it sound for people that what they are pledging for is not too far off.
Either way it is highly unprofessional and does not serve to build confidence or trust in these fuckers' abilities. Quite the contrary.
I, for one, won't be pledging for their next project. They can go and fuck themselves, especially Sawyer with his pretentious holier than thou 'tude can stuff it big time if he's not able or willing to treat pledgers with respect.

News Comments > 48 Hours of Titanfall Free on Origin
10. Re: 48 Hours of Titanfall Free on Origin Aug 21, 2014, 21:37 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 21:20:
These 48 hour trials are asinine.

Disagree. This is even better than a demo actually since you can play the real deal for 48 hours instead of just a single map/level, a limited showcase or only the tutorial or whatever.
Credit where credit is due: Origin Game Time and Steam Free Weekends are a great way to demo non-F2P games.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized
18. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized Aug 20, 2014, 19:53 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 19:28:
ED has a fully living universe by now and it's expanding, didn't these games start developing around the same time?

To be fair, no. ED was quite a bit further along and Braben had been kicking around ideas for a new Elite for years before the ED Kickstarter.
With that said, it is definitely very noticeable how Braben & co actually quietly and humbly get shit done and how that Roberts clown showman gets nothing done except "moooaaar sales'n'commercials".

Where is the Squadron 42 gameplay? Where is singleplayer (which was promised to us in KS)?

Yeah, the first episode of Squadron 42 including about 10 missions is s'posed to be out by the end of the year and we ain't seen much of anything yet. I believe their standard excuse is that they don't want to spoil anything. Looking at the July studio report from the Erin Roberts studio Foundry 42 in Manchester, I'm wondering if they have even really started full production yet or if they have been too busy helping out on Gamescom demos, commercials and supporting the Austin and Santa Monica teams on Arena Commander.
Priorities seem to be all over the place thanks to Roberts constantly demanding new reveals, commercials, trailers and game show demos.

And when will the hangars ever stop fucking flickering? Do they need another $50m to fix the flickering?

Multi GPU right? I'm in the same boat with SLI. No idea why they broke it and even less of an idea why they can't be bothered to fix what they broke. Only temp fix is to switch to a single GPU which I'm not going to. Too much hassle and annoyance.

17. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized Aug 20, 2014, 19:42 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 18:39:
While continued funding is necessary to build Star Citizen at the current level of AAA fidelity and no compromises,

What? Didn't you guys say back way when you started, that you needed 20 to 25 million to make the game fully without compromises. And now you have 50 million, and yet you need more funding to build Star Citizen?

These two statements don't match up. You said you needed 20 or 25 million for the game, and everything extra that you've promised since then should have already been funded through the stretch goals. So why do you NEED more money to keep building this game? I get that it's nice to get more money, but you shouldn't NEED it. You should already have enough money to build this game, and all the stretch goals you've promised, because you already collected money to do those things.

^ exactly this. In the early days Chris Roberts said $20 million, made up of whatever he gets from KS and RSI site crowdfunding plus investors. Then when the $20 million mark, just from crowdfunding, came closer he probably had a moment of fear (what if people stop giving me monies at $20 million?) so he raised the bar a bit and even specifically mentioned $23 million as the full budget.
That's where the $20 to $25 million number is coming from.

So... how the fuck did the budget get so out of hand that it has effectively more than doubled now?
What they should have done IMHO is: Make the $25 million game. Fuck it. Make it a $30 million game if you have to.
Put the other $20 million (and whatever is yet to come) in the bank to ensure this game stays online forever after with regular content updates. Make a living and help sustain operations purely off of major expansions for squadron 42 and the PU.
Also scrap the retarded game-breaking credit shop. Make a pure cosmetics shop that will still keep the $$$ rolling in at a decent enough rate.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases
9. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases Aug 20, 2014, 18:31 CJ_Parker

OK, thanks  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases
7. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases Aug 20, 2014, 18:15 CJ_Parker

Does this shit have single player and is a weekend enough to finish this shit?  

6. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized Aug 20, 2014, 17:55 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 17:37:
He says something (Chris=Cyrus) and the audience goes bonkers except the Warriors.

Yeah, Chris Roberts = Justin Bieber for fanboi nerds. Lots of wet panties included. I bet gamer moms had lots of laundry to take care of post-Gamescom!

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side Released
2. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side Released Aug 20, 2014, 15:48 CJ_Parker

$2 says the next one is gonna be called King's Bounty: Pink Ponies  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delay Confirmed
7. Re: Wasteland 2 Delay Confirmed Aug 19, 2014, 21:49 CJ_Parker

grudgebearer wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 21:19:
Probably not enough time to fix the combat and total lack of character customization.

Why so pessimistic? Come on, man. A month should surely be enough to just overhaul two major gameplay systems, don'tchathink?

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
5. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 18, 2014, 20:41 CJ_Parker

Clever kid and proof that intelligence is inheritable. So if you're stupid, you're fucked.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 17, 2014, 17:41 CJ_Parker

Quinn wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 14:48:
I'm loving Risen 3 so much! The graphics and animations look really good

Really? Have you played any games in the 2010s yet? Didn't think so. Because there's no way anyone could call the graphics and especially not the animations "really good" by 2010s standards. Risen 3 looks more like a 2006 - 2008 game.

combat is great once you get good in it (awesome to parry at the exact right moment after a streak of attacks so that your character ripostes with another hit)

Bullshit. Risen 3 has one of the most retarded combat systems ever. Rolling on the floor fighting (ROTFF) is the order of the day. If you play on hard (anything else is not even beginning to be a challenge) then it's always the same. You just roll in circles around any enemies avoiding to get hit, then a quick combo from the side, roll again, hit, roll again, hit, ad nauseam. Hit&roll was stupid in the otherwise excellent Witcher 2 and it is stupid here.

allot of places to explore and chests to lockpick, etc etc.

That, I can almost agree on. Not exactly creative though that they ripped the lockpicking mini game straight from TES IV Oblivion. They didn't even try to cover it up. It's just more dumbed down since in Risen 3 lockpicks can't even break.
Well, and the number of chests that you can't lockick right away and where you would theoretically have to return at a higher level is kinda stupid, too. I first kept notes of chests for later but after island number 2 I gave up since there is too many of them.

Risen 1 was great

It had its moments in chapter no. 1 but it was a Gothic 1 + 2 rehash with zero creative liberties. Everything from chapter 2 onwards was just a drag. Poor story and lore, too. Overall certainly not great but average at best.

Risen 2 was a shame

Yes.

Risen 3 is great once again.

Nope. Poor technical execution, retarded story and soul system, no real choices & consequences, shallow NPCs, no continuity whatsoever between Risen, Risen 2 and Risen 3. "Known" characters once again look completely different from what they used to in other iterations.
The only thing the game has going for it is the partially nicely crafted game world.

I hear allot of people are complaining about combat being too hard.

Say what? Where did ya read that? American Disabilities Association or Retard Central?
Combat is laughably easy even on hard. Roll. Hit. Roll. Hit. Roll. Hit.
And if you bring a companion, which you should for story and bantering reasons alone, then you can almost entirely skip the "roll" part.

Some don't seem to understand that you don't need to keep holding the mousebutton in order to execute heavy strikes -- once your hand starts glowing and your animation turns into slowmotion, it's actually the que to to let the mousebutton go! Also, dodge or parry after an enemy dodges your attack because they're on you before your next swing lands.

Blahblahbluhbleh... are you trying to sound like a genius here who figured out something infinitely complex? Hate to break it to ya but no.
First, any moron would know how to execute attacks after the extremely retard-friendly intro to the game and the even more retard-friendly overlay hints that are displayed in the top left corner of the screen by default EVERY single time combat is initiated!
Second, none of that crap is even required. Why make it harder on yourself than it has to be? Again: Hit. Roll. Hit. Roll. Yeah, maybe a parry in between if you rolled into a corner that you can't get out of. But other than that the combat is mind numbingly retarded.

1457 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo