Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1815 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Visual Upgrade Coming
5. Re: Wasteland 2 Visual Upgrade Coming Feb 27, 2015, 20:31 CJ_Parker

Really glad I haven't played this shit yet. Gonna be sweet when they're finally done patching one day. No problem though. I got time and lots of games to play until then.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Valley of the Yetis Next Month
5. Re: Far Cry 4 Valley of the Yetis Next Month Feb 26, 2015, 20:03 CJ_Parker

Dacron wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 17:06:
Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 15:31:

this sounds like it'll be roughly 20 mins worth of 'content.'

One camp to conquer (takes ~ 60 seconds if you just knife rush everyone, probably 3 minutes or so if you're being sneaky), a few waves of "hold the point" against some enemies, and then a few Yetis.

Hopefully I'm wrong on that. The video seems a bit more promising. I love FC4 and would enjoy some meaty story DLC.

It seems a lot of games rely on the quick, easy to produce 'defend against waves of enemies!' as a first DLC. I can't see how they sell well as they are horribly boring to me.

I would really like to see less of them, regardless if they are optional. Put out better DLC fort a few bucks more.

Dude. You're, like, right.

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
31. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 19:59 CJ_Parker

Fuck neutrality. I enjoy having some balls, yo!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 10:59 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 10:26:
I wonder how well their gaming tablet the shield is doing.

Financial reports are available all over the net since nVidia is a publicly traded company. Their mobile division including Shield is doing very well and going by preliminary reports of the new Tegra X1, their next Shield will likely be nothing short of amazing.
And, no, I'm not getting paid to say that and I don't have much interest in mobile gaming either but credit where credit is due. The Tegra X1 looks like it's shaping up to be one bad mofo.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
4. Re: Hardware Reviews Feb 25, 2015, 14:33 CJ_Parker

G930 cuz wireless FTMFW!!!11 Walking to the fridge to grab a drink w/o the need to put down the headset = priceless!  

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Feb 25, 2015, 13:28 CJ_Parker

Just to provide a different angle on Risen 3: Big Gothic fan here but Risen 3 is about as crappy as the reviews suggest. The two things the game has going for it are a nicely crafted game world that is fun to explore and a few pretty funny dialogues. That's about it.
The combat is "teh suck" and totally unbalanced (way too easy even on hard).
The story is abysmally horrible, there are no memorable characters, and the game sports a very childish cliche (PotC-like) interpretation of the pirate setting (if anyone has played Black Flag and then would play Risen 3, you'd probably die laughing how poorly done the pirate setting is in comparison).
Then there's very little and very poorly implemented naval combat, no lore worth mentioning, a lame main character, and stupid, boring and repetitive quests (for example you have to close a demon portal on each island which already got super-old in 2006 when closing Oblivion gates).

Nah. I'd suggest waiting for it to drop below $10 so you won't have to kick yourself too hard for buying a very mediocre game. Risen 3 is for Piranha Bytes die hard fans only. Everyone else should look at Black Flag for a much, much, much better pirate game or at the great RPG releases of the past couple of years for a better and deeper RPG experience. Your money and time is better spent on those. Only consider Risen 3 if you really have absolutely nothing else to (re-)play.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
75. removed Feb 25, 2015, 11:25 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 25, 2015, 12:24.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
51. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 17:02 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 14:10:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 13:59:
Sorry, but this game is probably going to be a goddamned disaster at launch and will probably be half-assed patched for a short bit and then abandoned.

Yep. I'm going to laugh when all the idiots who blindly preordered this get burned and start sputtering out excuses for why it's not so bad.

Same here. All the dumbfucks rewarding R* for their abysmally shitty treatment of PC gamers really deserve some seriously deep rimming. I'm already having some extremely good laughs because of the delays but if, in spite of the delays, the port still turns out to be one crappy mofo, then I'm just gonna have an orgasm of epic proportions.

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit
50. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 17:25 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 16:54:
people obviously haven't tried gaming at sur-1080p resolutions, as you hit 4GB Vram usage surprisingly fast.

Not true at all. I'm gaming at 1440p and constantly monitoring my VRAM usage by using MSI Afterburner on my Logitech G19 display. My nVidia driver settings are optimized for the best visual quality and I also jack up the settings to max in every game as long as I still get playable FPS.
The only thing I am not using is supersampling (DSR) as I don't really see a point at 1440p. I've tested it quite a bit but the results just weren't worth it. I couldn't possibly tell any real difference in image quality and getting the sharpness/blurriness right via the % slider in the CP was way too much of a hassle for the pretty much non-existent IQ improvement.

Anyway, anyone who is not regularly monitoring VRAM usage like myself, you'd be surprised how little VRAM is actually being used even at the highest possible settings. There might be a few poorly optimized outliers like Shadow of Mordor or some of UbiSoft's latest offerings like Unity or FC4 but generally you're far from even coming close to 4GB at 1080p/1440p.
I strongly encourage anyone to try it for themselves. You do not need a MSI video card for MSI Afterburner and you do not necessarily need a Logitech G19 keyboard or any other external display. Instead you can easily display the VRAM usage by overlay just like the FPS in an app like FRAPS. Piece of cake.
Check it out for yourselves. In fact, at "only" full HD (1080p) you'll be surprised how many games stay below the 2GB threshold even.
VRAM is one of those FUD issues blown out of proportion by people without a clue. Please get a clue and monitor VRAM usage yourself to make up your own mind.

And 4K gaming? Come on. In spite of what AMD and nVidia marketing would like us to believe, let's stop kidding ourselves. The current gen of GPUs simply is not there yet. Even without hitting any VRAM ceilings, we're usually fillrate-limited at 4K and running most *modern* games at sub 30fps regardless of any potential VRAM issues. In the end it doesn't really matter whether the game is stuttering because of running out of VRAM or because the GPU just can't render enough pixels/texels per frame or a combo of both, does it?
Let's wait for the first or second generation of 14nm/16nm GPUs in 2016 and beyond before seriously delving into 4K gaming.

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2015, 17:36.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
67. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 05:55 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 20:51:
Creston wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 19:29:
I actually like the idea of being able to rent something in game, but why does it need a separate currency? Why not just an xx price in regular credits? Making it a separate currency seems needlessly complicated for what seems to be zero benefit.

Maybe so that you can either buy REC outright, or grind for it? That's a pretty common mechanism in most free to play games. Which is probably the reason a lot of people are complaining. It's a F2P mechanism in what is ostensibly a for-pay game. Maybe I'm misunderstanding though. Can you buy REC?

The actual currency of SC is called UEC. The REC are just an intermediate, temporary solution to (kind of) fulfill the promise that everything can be earned from playing the game and that you do not have to buy anything with real cash but the base game.
In the long term REC will go away and be replaced by purchasable UEC.
REC is quite clever from a business point of view. It allows CIG to monitor REC creation/generation and the "cash flow" so they can gain and collect some very important metrics for later on when they finally launch their here-to-stay UEC credit shop.

For them it's certainly a great balancing testbed to make sure that eventually people won't get rich too fast in the live game. They are going to want to make it a pain in the ass to grind for high end ships plus equipment so their cash shop remains a tempting shortcut alternative at all times for the non-masochists.

40. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 17:11 CJ_Parker

BadIronTree wrote:
New mining Platform/ship

I'm disgusted by the low, low price of $325 for this concept mining ship. They could really try a little harder to sell an even more unfinished and more expensive concept. I mean I want to feel special and not like a complete cheapskate here.

12. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 13:10 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 12:46:
And like many of us have been saying, this is just the tip of the iceberg for things to come. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop and hear him announce a turn around ED style with ODRM and monthly fees on top of monetizing everything else.

I dunno about subs but I got tarred and feathered at the official forums when I pointed out the IMHO very real possibility of ODRM.
You are supposed to be able to play Squadron 42, then continue that character's life in the online PU.
The way I see it is that there is only a miniscule chance that they would NOT store character data online. The risk of haXX0red chars is way too high if you would let people store their S42 chars locally and then transfer them to the online game.
So if there is going to be an offline Squadron 42 at all, then I'm quite sure it will be made in a way so you can not transfer offline characters to the PU.
I got raped for even suggesting this at the official forums so if they go all out ODRM or even introduce monthly subs then it should in fact be made mandatory for our amusement that every SC backer turned their webcams on and broadcast their retarded angry mugs on Twitch.

3. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 11:38 CJ_Parker

Slashman wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 10:56:
Why the hell do they not just concentrate on getting the game out already?

This whole thing has never ever been about the game again since the end of November 2012. It permanently transformed from game concept to monetization circus back around then and this REC model is just one more step along the way.

As an original backer I'm farting in Star Citizen's general direction these days. Fuck this monetization scheme.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 19:35 CJ_Parker

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 14:57:
Right? This guy's like a fucking broken record, in EVERY SINGLE THREAD, just because he's broke and his mommy won't buy him things. NOBODY CARES. XD

Awww c'mon, dude... why be so defensive. We gotta have some fun here, no?! And you're exaggerating with "every single thread". Maybe every single thread about GTA V, yes, but in this case, hey, I swear that it ain't my fucking fault whatsoever that it is the "Year of the Sheep".

Year of the Sheep was simply a perfect pass like Blue is Gareth Bale and I am Cristiano Ronaldo or... you American? OK. Like Blue is Joe Montana and I'm Jerry Fucking Rice right on down in the TD zone with Montana throwing that ball 40yds bull's eye style right between my eyes.
Sorry, don't really know that many names of modern football players so had to go with some classic dudes here. Everyone who came after the legendary Montana and Rice was shit anyway.

And for the record, I'm not broke. I got thousands of monies, even without mommy!!11 But guess what? I still ain't spending any on that piece of shit GTA V.... BUUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 14:47 CJ_Parker

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 14:39:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 13:19:
Year of the Sheep? Yeah. I can easily believe that seeing all these morons preordering GTA V... or just generally every week the Steam charts are released!

Jesus christ! Give it a rest already! Don't you have homework to do or something? Fuckin' hell...

HAHAHA there's nothing quite like the smell of some bunched up panties in the mornin'...

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
14. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 19, 2015, 14:45 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 14:42:
Whoa, whoa, whoa guys. Hold up. What happened to Gearbox being munnie grubbing bastards, and Randy Pitchfork being Satan Incarnate? Besides CJ, where are all the other haters?

I have chainsaw-massacred them cuz I want ta be the LONE GRUMPY CAT IN DA MUTHAFUCKIN HOUSE BIOTCH!!11

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 13:19 CJ_Parker

Year of the Sheep? Yeah. I can easily believe that seeing all these morons preordering GTA V... or just generally every week the Steam charts are released!  

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
73. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2015, 13:17 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 09:04:
alright I think i've over extended myself in this thread, and it's starting to turn into an ordeal, and i'm like 6 beers deep. here we go.

Dude. Don't drink and post, like, especially you, mkay?!

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
9. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 19, 2015, 13:14 CJ_Parker

Yep. Remastered version of ancient game is $5 max. Not sure what they were thinking pricing it like that. Greedy buttfucks.  

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
15. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 18, 2015, 20:10 CJ_Parker

According to WCCFtech Wardell has clarified that this was on a Xfire setup by the way (unreleased GPU... maybe Fiji XT a.k.a R9-390X?) and an Intel i7 CPU.  

1815 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo