Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 2197 (Senior)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Demons Age Announced
3. Re: Demons Age Announced Jul 30, 2015, 21:54 CJ_Parker

So with the lack of any kind of apostrophe in the title is this a game about geriatric demons?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 30, 2015, 10:35 CJ_Parker

Verno wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 10:22:
I keep hearing about the potential privacy problems of Windows 10 but you can disable the vast majority of it at install time, the post install setup literally asks you for your preferences on it. I went one step further and blocked the telemetry servers on my router just because I'm paranoid though :)

This (router blocking) would be the only reliable way to block it for Win 10 Home and Pro users by the way. The registry hack where you disable telemetry only really works for Win 10 Enterprise but Home and Pro will still send data even if it is set to '0', and as far as I have read, even on the lowest spy level, Win 10 still sends a list of all installed programs to MS.
Win 10 is spyware extraordinaire but I guess that was to be expected from a "free" upgrade.
Oh, and as for the Solitaire thing... this is only the beginning. Only a matter of time until they offer ad-free (waiting time free) logon screen subs.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 30, 2015, 09:52 CJ_Parker

jimnms wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 08:54:
That sucks if I have to install twice to get a clean install. Even worse, when I get around to building a new system, I'll have to install Win7, upgrade to Win10 then re-install Win10. SIW discontinued the free version and the last free version doesn't work on Win8/10, so unless there is another way to get the license key, I have to keep backups of install media for each system.

Dude? Research?

1) Unless you have an ancient system, the upgrade only takes a few minutes. The same goes for the (unnecessary) "clean" install. This is not Windows 98. Do some research. It takes only a few minutes to install Win 10 from scratch.

2) It has been known for MONTHS now and posted all over relevant threads/sites that you absolutely do NOT have to go through the ordeal of a Win 7/Win 8 reinstall. You just install Win 10 with a generic key and if the activation gives you crap about a changed hardware ID you call MS and have them reset your stuff (or follow their instructions to actually go legit and BUY a new Win 10 license... whatever they will tell you... at the very latest after July 29, 2016 they will probably tell you to fuck off and buy Win 10).

You need to let go off the thought of having a unique key with Win 10. You don't. You just need any old generic key for the install. The only thing that counts is the activation which creates a unique hardware ID on Microsoft's activation backend and binds it to your Win 10 install.
Also, once you convert your Win 7/8.x license to a Win 10 license, you might be able to reinstall Win 7/8.x with your original key BUT you won't be able to activate it so you will have to get in touch with MS in any case. Might as well skip the reinstall and install 10 with a generic key, then call them and explain why you require a reset.

News Comments > GOG.com & Windows 10
23. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 17:47 CJ_Parker

Krovven wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 15:51:
They aren't funny though, nor are they accurate. You did it in both of your posts and looks foolish. Then the other tards chime in with their me-too shit.

Speak for yourself, dude, if you can't take a joke at the cost of something or someone you suck the cock of.
I, for one, was decently entertained by Creston's posts. They weren't the ultimate kneeslappers or anything like that but worth a good ol' chuckle or two.

You need to relax your asshole and breathe more deeply. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Gooooodddd booooyyy.... there we go!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 29, 2015, 15:12 CJ_Parker

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:13:
What would it take from MS to show that they give a crap about PC Gaming?

- Quit making shady backroom deals with publishers for (timed) ShitBox exclusives
- Stop making ShitBox exclusive games altogether and give the customer a FREE CHOICE whether to buy Halo, GoW or Fable on the ShitBox or the PC. Make each version the best it can be. Don't just release a straight ShitBox port.
- Either open up an in-house PC exclusive development branch or...
- Collaborate with 3rd party developers to produce PC exclusive games that take full advantage of the PC's capabilities
- Make sure that any games published by Microsoft are released in an optimized state for the PC
- Develop sequels to successful PC franchises of the past, namely Age of Empires, Microsoft (Combat) Flight Simulator, Starlancer, Crimson Skies, MechWarrior/MechCommander, Rise of Nations, Freelancer and so on...
- Release their classics like Starlancer/Freelancer etc. on GOG, Steam or wherever - It is OUTFUCKINRAGEOUS that these games have never been released in digital format.

That would do for starters. kthx.

14. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 14:10 CJ_Parker

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 14:02:
Valves customer service sucks and that extends to making sure the stuff they sell actually works on modern systems. They leave it to customers to figure it out and post fixes in the forums. I don't think they even have compatibility warnings on the product page, do they?

At least for Fallout 3 they actually do. It has a note saying that the game is not optimized for Windows 7 and later.

10. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 13:52 CJ_Parker

What? You expect Valve to invest some of their HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of PROFIT in a couple interns to test shit for almost free? Can't have that. Valve won't invest in anything that does not auto-generate MOAR cash for Gabe's fat ass belly.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 29, 2015, 09:37 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 08:43:
"Six of the Coolest Things the Xbox App on Windows 10 Can Do for You. "

#1: shut that shit off

^ this... so much this *sigh*

Gonna be hard to keep from puking every time that shitty Xbox logo pops up anywhere in Win 10

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
13. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 12:09 CJ_Parker

By the way rumor has it that this is set in the 1970s in Louisiana (see the muscle cars in the artwork), and that, like GTA V, it is going to have three playable dudes. So to answer my own question from before: Yes, they are indeed making a GTA V clone here.

10. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 11:14 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:07:
Not really sure what GTA5 has to do with Mafia, it's not even the same developer.

2K = Rockstar = the same anti-PC lazy fuck publisher who are going to treat PC gamers like lepers. But yeah you guys go right ahead and preorder. We definitely need more PC delays, more AC Unitys and more Arkham Knights. In fact, everyone who bought GTA V has given 2K the thumbs up to be treated like lepers so you will get what you voted for with your wallets with Mafia 3.

6. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 10:37 CJ_Parker

So are these lazy anti-PC fuckers at 2K/R* just gonna pull off their usual crap, i.e. reskin GTA V, release the console versions and delay the poorly ported PC version for two years or what?

OK, rhetorical question. I wouldn't buy anything from those anti-PC fuckers for more than $9.99 anyway.

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming
22. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 27, 2015, 20:07 CJ_Parker

harlock wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 19:51:
oh yeh, id say the combat is "serviceable"

certainly not "good"

Yeh. Like all games in the series:

- Witcher 1 combat: Abysmal.
- Witcher 2 combat: Horrible.
- Witcher 3 combat: Serviceable.

Overall:

- Witcher 1: Meh.
- Witcher 2: Great.
- Witcher 3: Awesome.

But whoever the fuck is playing these games for the gameplay is doing it wrong anyway. You play these games for Geralt, Triss, Dandelion, Zoltan and all other memorable characters like Letho, the Sorceresses or Iorveth and Roche, the (fuckable) chicks, the quests, the story, the choices, the consequences, the exploration and all that good shit.
You just have to learn to ignore the bad shit like the combat, the boss fights, that asshole of a horse, the floaty movement, poor controls etc.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2015, 15:24 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 14:40:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 14:12:
Uuhh... it would help if you would read more than the headline, you know?

Why would I EVER want to do that

You telling me the article actually has substantiated numbers? ^^

No. Reading really isn't your thing, is it? I specifically and intentionally wrote "estimated" and not "substantiated".

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2015, 14:12 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 10:29:
Since we know valve takes 30% we can extrapolate total size of the gaming market on steam.

End result: $2.4bn

That puts things into perspective...

Uuhh... it would help if you would read more than the headline, you know? The linked article has a breakdown of the estimated revenue on Steam and Valve's other activities. There is no need to "extrapolate" anything out of your ass if you would actually read shit.

News Comments > Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts
35. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 22:45 CJ_Parker

ViRGE wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 22:09:
The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 19:52:
I got nothin' but a gut feeling about it, but it seems to me that EA is distancing itself from Origin as its primary sales platform recently. I half expect that we'll start seeing EA games back on Steam and GOG sooner rather than later.
That would surprise me. I really don't think they've lost any sales from Origin. Certainly not enough to negate any gains from not having to pay Valve anything.

EA is a very well known publisher, and their games as well known too. If you want an EA game on the PC, you know exactly where to go to get it already.

Yeah and it's not like they have given the impression as if they were ever desperately struggling for more attention to Origin. There were no massive sales or discounts. Nothing at all that would indicate they were desperate. Quite the contrary. Origin is probably BY FAR the most expensive gaming platform, especially EA's own catalogue.
They still don't do bundles and keep games and DLC strictly separated. DLC is never discounted so even if a game is on sale you will still bleed hard if you want the complete edition. Would they do that if they were seriously desperate to compete with other publishers that actually *do* bundles, GOTYs and complete editions? Hardly.

32. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 21:06 CJ_Parker

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 19:52:
I got nothin' but a gut feeling about it, but it seems to me that EA is distancing itself from Origin as its primary sales platform recently.

Well, primary sales platform on PC, yes, but overall EA is only making about 20% of its revenue from PC/browser games. Mobile is almost on par with PC now at 17% and consoles lead the pack with 60%.
The Origin brand is really only known to PC gamers, i.e. only a fraction of EA's customers. Many console/mobile gamers have probably never heard of Origin or at least don't know that Origin = EA.
My guess is that EA is just trying to unify things again so people across all platforms just have an EA account and do not get confused by the whole "requires an Origin account" stuff if a console/mobile peasant stumbles into the PC Holy Land.

28. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 19:34 CJ_Parker

walrus1 wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 19:26:
You can put new lipstick on a pig but it still won't download any thing any faster.

You can say a lot of bad things about Origin but download speed?
I have a 50Mbit line so I'm usually averaging between 4.8 and 5.3MB/s when downloading Steam stuff.
With Origin, when I was downloading the DAI trial, I was getting up to 7MB/s which is basically above the physical limit of my connection. They must have excellent proxy/cache setups.
Seriously, if this wasn't some kind of odd display bug then it's the fastest download speed I have ever seen at my home PC. And it's always been like that. I've never had any download issues with Origin ever (central EU here).

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
13. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 15:54 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 14:40:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 10:32:
Sounds great... by the time I finish up the first two games and get around to buying this, it should be well patched and deeply discounted.

Mwahahaha! *rubs hands together*

And if you die before then you'll have missed out on one of the best games ever made so far. If there ever was a game worth full price this is it. So don't be cheap and don't miss out.

Why would he give a fuck if he's dead? The whole point of death is to no longer give a fuck. He will never know he missed out. And if he lives he doesn't miss out because it's only a matter of when, not if.
As a bonus the game is continuously getting better and better - or even better. Win-win. Waiting is awesome. I can't wait to grab the Enhanced Edition for 10 bucks in 2017/2018. It will be the gaming bargain of the millennium.

8. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 14:11 CJ_Parker

Who knows? Maybe after copious private jetting, Chris Roberts used $50 million SC backer money and bought back the Origin rights!  

6. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 13:19 CJ_Parker

Ant wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 13:08:
What happens to previous EA accounts with the same e-mail addresses?

Banned, deleted and flushed down da toilet bwwwahahahahahahaaaa

2197 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo