Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1569 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
69. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 23:16 CJ_Parker

BWHAHAHA that Sarkeesian chick is gonna have multiple orgasms if she ever finds this thread!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced
11. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced Oct 20, 2014, 22:25 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 21:33:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 21:11:
Ah another one to wait for the complete edition. They're making it easy not to spend any money on games this fall season.

Are they? A lot of pretty good games have been coming out recently, and there are more to come I am sure. It's going to be a very tough choice for a lot of people.

Yep. But all of those games come with DLC season passes or announcements of upcoming DLCs.
I got a backlog and I got time. I'll buy SoM, AI, Evil Within, FC4 etc. when the complete editions are on sale Xmas next year or whenever.
If I could buy a complete game now, I might have been tempted to splurge cash for some of those games at full price but no way am I gonna support that retarded DLC season pass bullshit business practice.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced
7. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced Oct 20, 2014, 21:11 CJ_Parker

Ah another one to wait for the complete edition. They're making it easy not to spend any money on games this fall season.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: Game dropped from Steam after Gabe death threat Oct 20, 2014, 20:39 CJ_Parker

BWAAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAA that "Murderbeck" dude is hilarious. That's my kinda troll! Well played, Sir!  

News Comments > Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers
25. Re: Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers Oct 16, 2014, 20:04 CJ_Parker

panbient wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 19:42:
Baristan wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 18:11:
The installer crashed when I opened the advanced settings menu while patching.

Am I reading this right?

You were patching the product.

While running the product AND trying to modify its settings.

And you think the fact that it crashed at that point is a bug?

Is that accurate?

You might want to get a clue before putting on an accusatory tone, Mr. Dumbass Internet Attorney.
He was trying to change the launcher's settings while the launcher app was patching the game.
Nothing wrong with that or would you also suggest that people should by all means stop using Windows while it is downloading updates?
See. It usually shouldn't be an issue at all to go into the settings menu while the patcher is doing its job.

News Comments > Star Citizen @ $58M
27. Re: Star Citizen Passes $58M Oct 16, 2014, 10:33 CJ_Parker

{PH}88fingers wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 09:39:
Oh I agree that the mouse turreting needs to be fixed, and I'm sure it will be. And I play with a Warthog HOTAS as well as Pedals.

I believe that you are very mistaken. The days when Star Citizen was going to raise maybe a million or two and focus on hardcore space sim freaks are long gone.
This game has gone fully mainstream a long time ago and Roberts the greedy little bitch knows very well what he's doing when he's making the game extremely keyboard/mouse (and controller) friendly.
At this point he can easily afford to lose some 50K or even 100K HOTAS freaks while keeping 500K+ keyboard/mouse/controller gamers and tapping into the huge potential pool of fresh meat non-SC backers who are also mostly (99%+) going to be keyboard/mouse/controller gamers because anyone with a remote interest in space/flight sims must have heard of this game by now.

There has been a very clear trend recently where CIG has distanced itself from distinguishing between original, veteran and new backers (while in the process pissing off the original backers more than once). They are sending a clear signal that the old guard is no longer relevant. Chris Roberts is a megalomaniac. His head has left orbit ever since this game crossed the $10 million line or so. He wants it all now. He wants to be the next WoW. In space.

That's why you and me (I got a Warthog HOTAS and pedals as well) can go and fuck ourselves. We are irrelevant. This game is going to be very keyboard/mouse/controller friendly like a Freelancer 2.0.
I wouldn't even be surprised one bit if 3rd person reticule combat mode is announced before too long ("due to popular demand").

I wish to be proven wrong but to me it's very obvious that this game is fully headed the P2W casual gamer mainstream way now.

News Comments > Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary Edition Released
5. Re: Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary Edition Released Oct 15, 2014, 14:40 CJ_Parker

Leper wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 13:21:
Those indies are nuts, man. Releasing Legend of Grimrock 2 or this one against titles like Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation, Borderlands Presequel, Evil Within, and soon to be released and thus in hype train mode Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4 = balls of steel.

Different audiences? Also at this point when is a good time to release a game?

July and August were pretty slow this year. As for different audiences: Maybe, maybe not. Nothing wrong with word of mouth traveling from the original audience to the greater gamer demographic, right? But the greater gamer demographic is going to be busy with all of the high profile releases for the next few months.
This was particular bad timing unless the devs of LoG 2 and GK (and other indies releasing now) are totally fine with their niche status and niche sales numbers.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter has only sold 50K copies so far so the writing's on the wall for any indies releasing now. I wish them luck. They're gonna need it.

News Comments > Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary Edition Released
2. Re: Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary Edition Released Oct 15, 2014, 11:38 CJ_Parker

Those indies are nuts, man. Releasing Legend of Grimrock 2 or this one against titles like Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation, Borderlands Presequel, Evil Within, and soon to be released and thus in hype train mode Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4 = balls of steel.  

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Announced
2. Re: Rebel Galaxy Announced Oct 14, 2014, 20:26 CJ_Parker

Looks almost as shitty as Star Citizen!  

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
7. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 14:29 CJ_Parker

And not a single fuck was given BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA  

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
56. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 13, 2014, 14:51 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 10:36:
NetHead wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 09:37:
InBlack wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 02:28:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 17:13:
...and the S42 team has been developing the campaign, which will be released episodically next year...
They can go fuck themselves with their episodic content. I had a small tiny tingling hope that this game would turn out ok, that is crushed now.

Pretty much the same sentiment here. I only care about
Star Citizen because I want a good single-player space-fighter-sim-etc, with a reasonable story to follow when the mood strikes when not exploring an open world, something like a new Privateer 2.

Episodes? I'll wait until they're all done then play them all as a game.
Which you're perfectly entitled to do. The advantage of episodic is that it gets the game out quicker and it allows CIG to incorporate feedback into future episodes.

And the big disadvantage is that they once again look like lying shitbags now.
When this game was originally pitched to us, they promised us an epic Wing Commander-like saga with a branching campaign but everything bigger, better and more awesome.
Welp. Not gonna happen. We're now getting a linear on rails episodic format. Yay?

And "quicker?". ROFL. You do realize that the FULL Squadron 42 was originally supposed to come out in about a month from now, right?
According to the livestream we're now getting THE FIRST EPISODE at the end of 2015. That's a full year delay for only 20% of what was originally promised. Wow! That's quick!

News Comments > Raven's Cry Delayed; Linux Support Added
11. Re: Raven's Cry Delayed; Linux Support Added Oct 11, 2014, 11:14 CJ_Parker

Dude. Seriously. Just a *little* less drugs mmmkay??  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 10, 2014, 16:49 CJ_Parker

Necrophob wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 16:44:
26G? Is that all on-disk DLC or something? How are games getting shorter and simpler, yet use up more and more disk space?

Simpler? FUCK YES!

Shorter? FUCK NO!

According to some BioWare dude DAI is s'posed ta be a 200 hour game.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 10, 2014, 16:46 CJ_Parker

"a true testament to BioWare's love for PC gaming"

I swear I was *that* close to puking all over my keyboard, man!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2014, 10:12 CJ_Parker

66 pages dopehead drivel. 1 page actual complaint.

News Comments > RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC
11. Re: RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC Oct 10, 2014, 10:08 CJ_Parker

Haha Crytek the desperate little bitches remembering about the PC now that they need our monies... you know what, I think I'm gonna spend all weekend downloading and deleting this in an endless loop from some torrent site just to drive up the counter!  

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
12. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 10:27 CJ_Parker

HAHA those fuckers. Well, my wallet doesn't "support" $50 transactions for 30fps games either. Too bad huh? BWWAHAHAHAHA  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 9, 2014, 06:25 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 20:36:
Broads shouldn't be in charge of tech companies. But if you're going to do it regardless, at least put one in who...

Disappointing. I thought you were gonna continue that sentence with "... is a looker with huge b00bies wearing tight blouses and skirts".

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 9, 2014, 06:23 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 20:03:
UConnBBall wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 19:44:
Once again AMD does right to the community and consumers and yet you'll buy a NVIDIA.

Does it ever occur to you that there might be more relevant purchase reasons than "doing right by the community" (what community, the 0.01% Linux gamers?) like say, proper cooling and non-noisy fans? You ever heard an R290 ? My 670GTX is near silent despite 3 fans.

^ this ... not the community's fault that AMD's cards are simply spoken pieces of utter shite

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
34. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 12:59 CJ_Parker

Loopy wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 12:21:
I must misunderstand project planning and management or they've really gone of the rails. I don't get how more stretch goals are realistic or reasonable.

As you can see, the stretch goal is a ship vote and the winner gets moved near the top of the production pipeline. As you can also see, they have really come up with very "creative" ship roles just to increase the number of possible votes and ships.

All of this has just one purpose, of course: To be able to offer up many more ships sales in "you guys asked for it" fashion.
Every ship sale adds at worst a few 100K or, if it is a "limited" and/or LTI ship, often times $2+ million to the counter.
People at the forums are begging on their knees for more sales and for more info when a sale might happen so they can start saving up for it.

Of course all of this has nothing to do with being "realistic" but from a management and marketing perspective it is certainly highly "reasonable" to milk the suckers as long and as often as possible.

As for realism, CIG is nuts. Look at the ship roles. Except for the announced plain old regular combat (PvE and PvP dogfighting), boarding, capital ship gameplay, smuggling, salvaging, exploration/charting, trading, racing and bounty-hunting which all by themselves are already insanely complex systems, CIG also needs to design gameplay systems for search & rescue, passenger transportation, space "live" repairs, minelaying, minesweeping, and recon.

We're talking decades of design and implementation work here to really flesh out these systems to any level of fidelity that would warrant the "BDSSE" (best damn space sim ever) title.
IMHO it is microwave length short-sighted by CIG to just cough up these ship roles only to have moar sales when any of these ships and the underlying gameplay systems are MANY YEARS away from completion.
It's also setting completely unrealistic expectations. People at the forums are having wild fantasies about every single ship role that just will not realistically be implemented in the next ten years - if ever.

And that's why this game is doomed to fail. CIG will never be able to create all these gameplay systems to a level that it's fun for everyone. It's way too big and way too much work to even keep a fraction of people happy. Look at other MMOs where it always takes ages before important issues are addressed or before any new meaningful content is added. Star Citizen will never be able to keep up with people's demands for fleshed out gameplay systems and new content. Just balancing all of the many ships against each other and giving each one a meaningful role is going to be an epic task.
One day people will realize that CIG bit off chunks more than they can chew thanks to their megalomaniac CEO and then: mass exodus, game over.

1569 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo