Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1535 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Crimes & Punishments: Sherlock Holmes Released
1. Re: Crimes & Punishments: Sherlock Holmes Released Oct 1, 2014, 01:07 CJ_Parker

Mrs. Marple > Sherlock Holmes

Discuss!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 09:59 CJ_Parker

Y'all are way too impatient. This fucker has a season pass and DLC coming out its ass. It's one of those sliced up games that makes a Sicilian salami sausage pale in comparison. I, for one, will be waiting for the full game and out of spite for the retarded DLC policy not be paying full price either. More than enuff other good stuff out there. I can wait for the complete edition to go on sale next year. Fuck this rip-off shit.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 30, 2014, 01:54 CJ_Parker

Yeah it's lame that no nekkid pics of the real famous chixx have leaked yet!
Though maybe the high profile broads have just silently paid the ransom fees that the haXX0rs are claimed to have demanded?
I mean let's say the haXX0rs asked Kidman or Hayek to give them $100K for not publishing any pics then that's pocket change for these chixx.

And the haXX0rs prolly didn't even care for men's pics. Can't get that much ransom money out of a dude because the public interest is just much lower.
It's kind of proof though that there were criminal intentions behind this. If these guys haXX0red iCloud just for the lulz they would have just released all pics of men and women, celeb or not, alike indeed, but looking at how everything is leaked in stages, it really seems like the blackmail rumors are true, and what we are getting to see here is the chixx who chose not to pay a dime.

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
29. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 17:38 CJ_Parker

Not really interested in this game at all. I'll be waiting for one of those Origin Free Game Time features where you can test the game for free for 24 or 48 hours and then we'll see... but unless it is radically fun and different from the mold I don't see myself buying this ever. Given the rather short dev cycle it sounds and looks more like just a reskinned BF4 anyway so no thanks to that.  

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Sep 27, 2014, 23:35 CJ_Parker

Warthog HOTAS + Obutto r3volution including the Warthog mounting shit = SIM HEAVEN  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
62. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 27, 2014, 10:38 CJ_Parker

Quinn wrote on Sep 27, 2014, 08:43:
I'm really worried about this "progress" in the industry and this goddamn VRAM console shite. If the devs don't bother to optimize for the PC, well.. I simply can't really afford a 6GB GPU or SLI 3GB

Dude, SLI does not double VRAM. Two cards in SLI can still only access 3GB VRAM if you put two 3GB VRAM cards in SLI. That's why when you have a choice between e.g. a 2GB and a 4GB model and you want to SLI you should definitely always go for the 4GB model because VRAM is still in short supply in SLI.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
30. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 13:37 CJ_Parker

6GB VRAM eh? Good. Another excellent reason to wait until this and all DLC hits the Steam sale bargain bin.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Trailer
9. Re: The Witcher 3 Trailer Sep 26, 2014, 02:58 CJ_Parker

This is my #1 most wanted game and the one I am looking forward to the most by a far margin but given CDP's track record I also won't preorder.
Unless it's getting catastrophic reviews for some reason, I'll be getting the inevitable fully patched enhanced edition once that becomes available but I won't ever be paying for a beta Witcher again.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
17. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 18:25 CJ_Parker

Shadow of Mordor Complete Edition = $9.99 Steam sale = Mine.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
11. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Sep 25, 2014, 18:21 CJ_Parker

qsto wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 16:07:
Wouldn't bother though since 344.11 are great drivers.

No, they're not. Lots of people at the GeForce forums are reporting issues with surround setups, vsync wonkiness as if it's not working at all (massive tearing), microstuttering and from first hand experience I can tell you that these drivers broke Doom 3 BFG (easily verified by visiting the Steam community forums for D3BFG where many people are reporting the same issues after installing 344.11).

A great driver release this is not.

News Comments > Steam Music Leaves Beta
7. Re: Steam Music Leaves Beta Sep 25, 2014, 01:50 CJ_Parker

Quinn wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 01:09:
Useless for me. Got Spotify Premium.

Steam Music also extracts soundtracks from games you have installed. For example, I currently have Dragon Age Origins Ultimate installed and under the Music tab it's showing me a playlist of all 18 DAO tracks from composer Inon Zur.

I'm pretty sure that Spotify Premium does not have that functionality.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 24, 2014, 18:51 CJ_Parker

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 15:24:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 15:12:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 12:56:
Except for the whole bit where most of their initial money was raised with Kickstarter because a lot of people wouldn't back if they couldn't do it through there. Now his community doesn't care but Star Citizen was on initially on track to not hit its funding target until they used Kickstarter.

yeah that's completely false. Backers who were having trouble paying through their website )since it was very early stages, nothing like you see now..) asked for them to put it up on kickstarter too so they could back it there. That is why they did it and they had already raised a substantial amount of money by that point.

I actually backed it through their web site but I remember reading articles at the time that they moved to Kickstarter because fans were requesting it. Much like Steam, a lot of people just won't back if it's not in the one place they want. Maybe that's not the case but it's what I read at the time. Still, one can't deny that a lot of their initial fundraising did come from Kickstarter.

Aside from listening to feedback, they mostly moved to KS to be able to handle the onslaught. Their own site got hammered and went down all of the time because it could not handle all the traffic.
Back in the day you got time-outs and that dreaded "you are watching a cached version of the website, do you want to retry for a live version" error message all of the frickin' time.
Also, at the end of KS the counter was at ~6.2 million so only about 30% came from KS while the remaining 70% were pledged on the RSI site. Saying that "a lot" of their initial funding came from KS is simply incorrect.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
28. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 17:53 CJ_Parker

Well, they are right. Why waste millions on a huge MMO if for the same money you can make a dozen or more casual online (card) games or MOBAs that will make you 10x the return on investment.
Even if two or three casual games fail it's no problem if the others do well. But with a game as huge and massive as Titan you're betting everything on one card and you just have one shot and all the inevitable WoW comparisons and all that crap to deal with.
It makes perfect sense to distribute the risk among a bunch of casual games and hope that at least a couple stick.
Why risk "everything" on a mammoth project? If you buy stocks you also diversify as much as possible to balance risk vs. profit. It's just the smart thing to do.

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
15. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 22, 2014, 21:57 CJ_Parker

I like it. Finally they also have an "in library" owned tag and grayed out games you already own kinda just like GOG. Long overdue functions all in all but better late than never.  

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
9. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 22, 2014, 20:58 CJ_Parker

MajorD wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 19:46:
I don't care Valve, I just want to know WTF Half-Life 3 is.......
Everything else is just fluff!!!

Episode 3 first, then Half-Life 3

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2014, 18:52 CJ_Parker

What suxx the most is that it's mostly the typical dumb attention whores whose pics got leaked. Why can't there be some pics of classy chixx?!
Well, I know, they're probably smart enough to look in the mirror if they want to see themselves instead of shooting selfies .

News Comments > New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk
24. Re: New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk Sep 22, 2014, 03:23 CJ_Parker

InBlack wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 03:05:
I agree with most of this. However there are already 'apps' or rather games out there that can and will support the Rift fully when it ships.

Yes. But what the OR needs to really establish VR is a true "killer app", you know, something like Rebel Assault that made everyone and their mom and their dog head out and buy a CD-ROM drive.

The real question is at what performance costs. Right now I have a GTX760 4GBVRAM in my rig and for what its worth it runs everything I throw at it at 1080p without any problems. I assume that when the CV version ships Im going to need to upgrade to at least another GTX760 so I can run SLI, but SLI was never really well supported in most of the mainstream stuff out there. Somehow I think that we are all going to be upgrading if we want to get this to work properly with our games of choice and that could be quite a costly problem...

Definitely. For the foreseeable future a (high res) Rift will probably only make any real sense for multi GPU setups, especially if nVidia manages to make it as smooth as planned with their SLI implementation.
By the way, in my experience with SLI it's actually supported quite fine. Sometimes you have to wait a bit for a SLI profile to come out but then it almost always makes sense to wait for a patch or two so I wouldn't consider that a huge issue. I'm not the type of gamer who has to play every new game on day 1 so that helps.
The only game that has caused me any real trouble (= unplayable) on my SLI 2x GTX 770 4GB system so far is Star Citizen but that's still in alpha.

News Comments > New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk
20. Re: New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk Sep 21, 2014, 22:54 CJ_Parker

PHJF wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 22:30:
Is there an ultimate goal for Rift before release or are they just winging it until they decide it's good enough?

The "ultimate" goals are:

- Higher image quality and resolutions. Since it is all per eye you're basically talking 4K if you wanted 1080p per eye. The only way to get a playable experience at such high resolutions is SLI/Xfire.
- Reduce latency (nVidia is working on a SLI tech that will massively reduce lag when each GPU will render per eye instead of AFR as in 2D mode - AMD is probably working on something similar for Xfire as always but I haven't heard of it yet).
- Reduce motion sickness which kind of goes hand in hand with the latency reduction but they are also working on other features such as head movement prediction
- Finally do all of the above without making the costs explode

In spite of the impressive concepts, they still have a long ways to go before this becomes a general consumer item.
They would be very well advised to not release anything half-assed as a consumer version because "virtual reality" just like "3D" (monitors and TVs) is one of those things that keeps popping up as a buzzword and then disappears into oblivion due to poor implementations.
If they want VR to be taken serious ever again, they have this one shot to get it right.
They need to release a quality product with at least one "killer app" at an attractive price point and it ideally needs to work on mid level PCs without SLI/Xfire, too.
It is an extremely challenging task and that's why I believe Carmack is there doing what he does. He's the kind of guy who lives and breathes challenges.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
2. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 20, 2014, 14:06 CJ_Parker

Hahaha

Q: On a scale from jello to diamond, how erect are you right now?

A: []Ranger_FinPresident - inXile Entertainment

Carborundum

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month
48. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 20, 2014, 13:11 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 11:03:
shit, for a game without a good marketing plan they seem to be achieving INCREDIBLE FEATS OF MARKETING.

Yep. And CIG is using subscriber money for marketing so it doesn't even cost them a single penny.

1535 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo