Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 1404 (Pro)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
49. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 21:53 CJ_Parker

Zanthar wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 20:51:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 20:30:
Creston

I am a backer of both SC and Elite and to be honest with you I like the way Elite looks a lot more. It runs better on my system too.
Maybe I am just biased but the color scheme the way the ships leave those smoke trails, the visual effects of the heat wents and shield etc just gives me goose bumps.
Not to mention the sound effects and engine sounds, just kicks so much ass.

I think it might be a bit early to count SC out.

True but Star Citizen is going to have to improve massively to even come close to the level of fidelity in ED.
I very much agree with Spectral Meat that ED just "feels right". Maybe it's because it's all made by one team unlike SC which is made by a half dozen studios across several continents.

I guess it also helps that Braben has a very clear and distinct vision plus a very healthy sense of realism like what can be achieved within a certain budget and timeframe.

While Chris Roberts... aaahh... nevermind. Anyone who has followed SC and watched a few videos with CR will know that incoherent babbling, brainstormfarting and "we'll put everything in this game that sounds remotely cool regardless of feasibility, just keep throwing cash at us" is the Roberts modus operandi.

In the end I hope I'm wrong and we'll end up with two awesome space sims but Mr. Roberts & co are going to have to focus on actually finishing and polishing shit instead of moving from one half-assed, half-finished module to the next.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2014, 22:04.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth Released for All
5. Re: I think i'm burnt out Jul 29, 2014, 23:16 CJ_Parker

ELITE wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 22:43:
I think I'm done with Call of Duty and Battlefields - and Titans and all the rest...

I must be getting old...

No. *Smart*. You're growing a brain. Congrats on that!

News Comments > Firefall Launches
1. Re: Firefall Launches Jul 29, 2014, 19:41 CJ_Parker

HAHA "free to play"... nice try, bitches. Try again!  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 19:39 CJ_Parker

Fuck that. That looked retarded like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2014, 11:29 CJ_Parker

Well, both Nvidia and AMD seem to be VERY happy with where the prices are now and in spite of the obscenely high prices cards seem to be selling at a rate that they haven't seen any need to lower the prices yet.
Look, I'm hoping as much as you and everyone else in the consumer space that GPU prices will come back down into reasonable territory rather sooner than later but realistically it ain't gonna happen because there is absolutely no reason for either nVidia or AMD to drop their prices at this time.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2014, 10:40 CJ_Parker

Why should they all of a sudden drop prices and ruin their margins now? People have been buying high end gfx cards for $600 - 700 for years at this point. Rumor has it the 880 is going to be +30% faster than the 780Ti.
No way Josť. The most optimistic scenario is they'll phase out the 780Ti and offer the 880 at the same price in the ~$700 range. But knowing nVidia they will probably go $899 or $999 RRP with the 880.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2014, 09:05 CJ_Parker

Nadool wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 09:01:
But but but...I took out a second mortgage so I could SLi me some Titans!!! Idiots

Don't fret. I bet the GTX 800 series will start with RRPs of only US$9,999 .

News Comments > Crowntakers Announced
1. Re: Crowntakers Announced Jul 28, 2014, 11:42 CJ_Parker

Stopped reading at "being the chosen one... blahbluhblahbluh". Fuck generic RPG plots.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 27, 2014, 21:10 CJ_Parker

Redmask wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 19:58:
It's no Baldur's Gate

True. It's much better because it doesn't suck like BG does!

News Comments > DCS: F-86F Sabre Pre-purchases
5. Re: DCS: F-86F Sabre Pre-purchases Jul 27, 2014, 21:08 CJ_Parker

bigspender wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 19:59:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 19:28:
I vastly prefer modern jets. This is a period that's not really on my radar so to speak.
What I'm still wondering about, too, is how they are going to integrate planes like these in the DCS world. It's getting a little weird when choppers (Blackshark, Huey etc.), the P-51 Mustang, the soon-to-be-released FW 190, the F-86 and modern jets like the Su-25, A-10, F-15 and maybe upcoming F-16, F-18, F-22, F-35 etc. are all operating within the same campaign theater.
Even if the WW2 Europe 1944 module is released it will only solve that issue partially because the F-86 still remains as an "alien plane" in between the WW2 and modern period.

I believe the plan is to make a theater/map for each war: WW2, Korean war, Vietnam etc and the Nellis AFB training zone.

Going by the current pace of development that must be scheduled for the year 2525 or something like that, right?
Also I'm not sure if it makes sense to segregate the small hardcore flight sim community like that.
DCS World isn't exactly one of the busiest online platforms on the net and if people get spread out across many different modules it's getting even more lonely for those solo players who are not members of a squadron or guild.

News Comments > DCS: F-86F Sabre Pre-purchases
3. Re: DCS: F-86F Sabre Pre-purchases Jul 27, 2014, 19:28 CJ_Parker

I vastly prefer modern jets. This is a period that's not really on my radar so to speak.
What I'm still wondering about, too, is how they are going to integrate planes like these in the DCS world. It's getting a little weird when choppers (Blackshark, Huey etc.), the P-51 Mustang, the soon-to-be-released FW 190, the F-86 and modern jets like the Su-25, A-10, F-15 and maybe upcoming F-16, F-18, F-22, F-35 etc. are all operating within the same campaign theater.
Even if the WW2 Europe 1944 module is released it will only solve that issue partially because the F-86 still remains as an "alien plane" in between the WW2 and modern period.

News Comments > BioWare Teases Gamescom Shadow Realms Reveal
16. Re: BioWare Teases Gamescom Shadow Realms Reveal Jul 26, 2014, 02:28 CJ_Parker

What's sad about this shit is that if this shit (rightfully) fails to get enough attention they'll cancel this shit and, instead of coming up with some genuinely new cool shit, they'll go back to making old shit that no one wants either.  

News Comments > BioWare Teases Gamescom Shadow Realms Reveal
1. Re: BioWare Teases Gamescom Shadow Realms Reveal Jul 25, 2014, 09:50 CJ_Parker

1st and lame!  

News Comments > Risen 3 Goes Back to Piranha Bytes' Roots
3. Re: Risen 3 Goes Back to Piranha Bytes' Roots Jul 23, 2014, 19:48 CJ_Parker

yuastnav wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 19:29:
PB please, let it go.
Gothic is still my favourite game of all time but it's time to move on...

I agree. This is like the umpteenth time they are trying to "go back to the roots" and are remaking the game that made them great in 2001.

Well, 2001 also wants its animations back by the looks of the video.
And what's up with the water in the scene where the hero was swimming? That looked crappy as hell and 2001-ish, too.

Or the very weird colorization. It looks like they copied some of the colorful stuff from Risen 2 and could not be arsed to adopt it to the "back-to-the-roots" darker and muddier style that they wanted for this iteration. So there's this weird contrast between super-flashy and overly colorful and some wannabe dark&gritty style. The result looks very amateurish.

As for the factions: Sounds like they could not make their mind up whether to have the natives again or the pirates so they went for a mix with the Voodoo pirates. Fuck that shit.
With the exception of Risen 2, it sounds like this is once again the same old crap that PB games have always had. A magic user faction (Voodoo Pirates here), a rogue faction (Demon Hunters here) and a valiant knights faction (Guardians here). Copy&paste job from the Gothics and Risen 1 as usual. Great. Creativity is overrated anyway. Big muzzerfuggin' yawn.

Overall definitely Steam sale material. Wake me up when it's sub $10, kthx.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed
15. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed Jul 22, 2014, 21:43 CJ_Parker

Julio wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 18:47:
They need time to remove content from the current build to ensure DLC is ready for day one.

^ this and fuck them

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name
3. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name Jul 21, 2014, 20:53 CJ_Parker

Fucking amateur clowns  

News Comments > Next DOOM Details Next Year
18. Re: Next DOOM Details Next Year Jul 19, 2014, 18:52 CJ_Parker

Fantaz wrote on Jul 19, 2014, 18:24:
please bring back Quake!

I'm sure they will. Quake 5 MOBA. Almost guaranteed to happen.

News Comments > The Evil Within a Week Early
7. Re: The Evil Within One-Week Early Jul 18, 2014, 20:02 CJ_Parker

Beelzebud wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 11:59:
QuakeCon - The annual convention where Bethesda/Zenimax get a chance to hype their newest offerings!

Wow. Thanks for this in-depth analysis of the event. I bet no one had figured that out for themselves until you, Sir, enlightened us all!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rise of Venice - Gold Edition
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rise of Venice - Gold Edition Jul 18, 2014, 19:59 CJ_Parker

Grab some b00bs, dude. Better than this fo'sure!  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
10. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 18, 2014, 19:26 CJ_Parker

Ummm... for those tits among you who are all like "meh I'm not being entertained and have to find my own way which is bullshit" would you kindly STFU kthx and maybe do some basic research about the Elite legacy?
This game has never been like the Wing Commanders. Elite is sort of like the Elder Scrolls in space where you have to find your own adventure in a huge open world. If you want BioWhore-like every step of the way handholding story-telling then this is not the game you are looking for. Move along.

1404 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo